Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Tender Bender posted:

Nothing gets me more red and mad than a Kamala thumbs up or a "Snap?" right after I get owned. I'm such a mark for trolling.

Yeah it’s just a pure rear end in a top hat move to do the thumbs up after defeating someone. More than anything else it leads me to just put the game down for a while. It’s stupid and I shouldn’t get riled up about it but fuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No Wave posted:

The thumbs up emote is just super toxic. I mute every time I snap now.

If someone thumbs up after Cosmo-img me I go into a blind rage and lose 8 cubes. Hate it.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I thumbs up when I get outplayed and lose. Or if they've been cocky with the emotes/snaps and I then end up winning. I fist bump for a close, well-played game. I spiderman whenever we play the same card on the same turn. I sometimes deadpool if the game does something wacky or they make some huge insurmountable combo move.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

First of May posted:

Or if they've been cocky with the emotes/snaps and I then end up winning.
Yeah, you're exactly who I hate.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Scrap Dragon posted:

How much longer is Bar Sinister gonna be the hot location? I do not have the Series 3 cards necessary to take advantage of it

I think the hot locations on Sunday are for that day only.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
We just had our first snowfall; to keep the place warm I’m playing carnage and venom on separate lanes, then Arnim Zola in Bar Sinister on t6. Feels like it takes 20 minutes to resolve.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The only thing that bothers me about emotes are when people use then wrong. Like playing the Spider-Man point or the brofist when they win decisively. That's not what those are for!!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I used Kamala thumbs up into Fist Bump as my GG well played combo for the first week or so after launch. Sad that Kamala became the sarcastic spam emote.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They should add more emotes as collectible cosmetics.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m scared to find out how many people bought that $100 apocalypse ($140 CAD!!) bundle.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
it's bonkers that anyone would spend that much on apocalypse instead of a waifu card

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm guessing the next bundle won't be $100, that was the really expensive one they put out first to make the $60 one look like a great deal.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

First of May posted:

Or if they've been cocky with the emotes/snaps and I then end up winning.

No Wave posted:

Yeah, you're exactly who I hate.

I think it's beautiful when communication-by-emoji manages to give everyone exactly what they want/deserve.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

First of May posted:

I thumbs up when I get outplayed and lose. Or if they've been cocky with the emotes/snaps and I then end up winning. I fist bump for a close, well-played game. I spiderman whenever we play the same card on the same turn. I sometimes deadpool if the game does something wacky or they make some huge insurmountable combo move.

Yeah, I thumbs up if someone gets me good with a good play, and Deadpool when a gently caress up happens. Spider-Man is mandatory for playing the same card (or very similar plays, like if I go T1 Nova T2 Yondu but they go T1 Yondu T2 Nova)
I don't emote when they're cocky tho

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

goferchan posted:

I'm guessing the next bundle won't be $100, that was the really expensive one they put out first to make the $60 one look like a great deal.

The next bundles are in fact 5000 and 6000 gold according to datamines, with three more that are "cost unknown" and so presumably just paid with regular money.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

I think it's beautiful when communication-by-emoji manages to give everyone exactly what they want/deserve.
Getting "cocky with snaps" is literally gameplay. It's not something to bm over.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I just had a match where the first location was Ego. Second turn, Bar Sinister is revealed as the middle location, and Ego plays some boring 3-power card there for my opponent. I think "well it can't play any worse for me!" but he plays Iron Fist in Bar Sinister, along with Multiple Man in the right hand location!

Both me and the other player repeatedly used the Aaaaaargh! and I'm losing! emotes. It was hilarious.

I'm enjoying this game, but the only thing that spoils it for me is the bots. I can't tell if I'm actually good and beating real people, or I'm only winning against dumb bots, and escaping against everyone decent. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Red Rox posted:

I'm enjoying this game, but the only thing that spoils it for me is the bots. I can't tell if I'm actually good and beating real people, or I'm only winning against dumb bots, and escaping against everyone decent. Kind of takes the fun out of it.
You'll miss those bots some day...

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

No Wave posted:

Getting "cocky with snaps" is literally gameplay. It's not something to bm over.

I read "cocky with snaps" as "bm".

If someone hits me with the "thumbs up" on every turn that goes their way, they're going to get one back at the end if I win. They can interpret that however they like.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

drat She Hulk in the shop but I still need Patriot, Mystique, Doom, Sera, etc.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Makes no sense that Spectrum doesn't boost Ongoing cards that have had their effects negated (Isle of Silence, etc). My eight cuuuuuuubes!!!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

For me, I use emotes as follows:

Thumbs-up: As a genuine 'well played' or if my opponent does something that helps me.

Deadpool: When something goes horribly wrong.

Thanos snapping: When I do something clever that sandbags the opponent (Killmonger against a Zoo deck, Cosmo on the same turn as their Shang-Chi, etc.)

Spider-man point: When we play the same card. Also, at the start of the match if I'm facing the same opponent twice in a row. Also, if the opponent has the 'DO NOT EMOTE' title, I'll do it at the start of the match.

Fist bump: As a genuine 'well played'.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The acutal Kamala thumbs up emote should only ever be used sarcasticly. The word balloon one is for proper thumbs upping

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 4, 2022

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
There's no better time to use your Ryan Reynolds emote than when you're about to Leeroy Jenkins.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Opopanax posted:

The acutal Kamala thumbs up emote should only ever be used sarcasticly. The word balloon one is for proper thumbs upping

I use Kamala when someone scorpions my green goblin. I feel like they deserve it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

My new Bar play is Carnage -> Venom -> Death. The carnage will eat itself to get you up to like 10-12 depending and leave with only one spot there. Venom will fill and eat (but it's only adding the 10-12 initial, even still it's a huge move). This leaves you with 3 open spots on Bar and Death is 0. Obviously at this point you could technically put death anywhere but if you want to lock it down hard, drop her on Bar for an extra 36.

Also yeah, I don't emote a lot and most of the time it's either a) Spidey pointing, especially on later rounds or b) a fist bump for a close match or a match where they pull out an unforeseen monster win against me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

^burtle posted:

drat She Hulk in the shop but I still need Patriot, Mystique, Doom, Sera, etc.

I feel like she’s cruising toward a nerf. Not sure if that makes it a better or worse idea to lock her in the shop.

I hope Snap doesn’t devolve into one of those games where they release a broken new card, sell a bunch, then nerf it before releasing the next one. The cynic in me expects someday we’ll get a meta defining Battle Pass card along with a bunch of friendly Hot Locations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't emote because I'm not the dregs of society. I mean I suck but there's limits to my suck.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rather than be mad about Bar Sinister I've decided to become a problem, on purpose. Even the Triskellion dropping a bunch of Spider-Men into my hand cannot contain me.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I was wondering if I was just being pissy when taking the Kamala "thumbs up" as a sarcastic 'lol u suk' type emote. I normally just fist bump a good loss or spidey-point someone playing the same deck, but most of the time I just want to play the game and move on to the next hand.

I pulled Jane Foster. I have Mr Negative, Magik, Zola, but no Psylocke.It seems the deck is very feast of famine, but are there any other critical pieces I should have for the Mr Negative deck? It feels like I am at the uncomfortable time in my collection (high 700's) where there are a couple decks I'm juuuust one card short from making.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A Patriot-Mystique-Blue Marvel deck and more aggressive early snapping finally got me past 50+.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

My new Bar play is Carnage -> Venom -> Death. The carnage will eat itself to get you up to like 10-12 depending and leave with only one spot there. Venom will fill and eat (but it's only adding the 10-12 initial, even still it's a huge move). This leaves you with 3 open spots on Bar and Death is 0. Obviously at this point you could technically put death anywhere but if you want to lock it down hard, drop her on Bar for an extra 36.

Also yeah, I don't emote a lot and most of the time it's either a) Spidey pointing, especially on later rounds or b) a fist bump for a close match or a match where they pull out an unforeseen monster win against me.

Carnage should only end up around 4 because each one eats the next rather than one going through the other three

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Ubersandwich posted:

I pulled Jane Foster. I have Mr Negative, Magik, Zola, but no Psylocke.It seems the deck is very feast of famine, but are there any other critical pieces I should have for the Mr Negative deck? It feels like I am at the uncomfortable time in my collection (high 700's) where there are a couple decks I'm juuuust one card short from making.

I posted this yesterday but:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'll add that I don't think Psylock is needed; if she helps pull Mr. Negative in turn 3, sweet, but she's a lot less useful past that. I made the same deck work fine with Gambit for a while and will consider dropping her when I get Electro.

Other possible replacements include Wave or any other randomass 1/2 card, whatever lets Lockjaw cycle cards.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

No Wave posted:

You'll miss those bots some day...

When do we stop getting bots? I'm in infinite and still get a ridiculous number of them.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
hobgoblin on bar sinister is an extremely funny way to leave a zone at -8 vs -36

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Carnage should only end up around 4 because each one eats the next rather than one going through the other three

This is true but you could play a second card first with Carnage on Bar Sinister, the first card played with be cloned into the other two remaining open spots to fill the bar. Carnage then snacks and clears for +6. It'll clone Carnage and they'll Carnage Centipede for a bit leaving one remaining Carnage with that original +6 and three open spots. If you do this with a 1 cost card, you can do this on turn 3 leaving lots of time for more cloning shenanigans

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I posted this yesterday but:

Awesome, thank you. I don't have Lockjaw, but I'll put Jane in his place and I do have Wave. I'll give it a shot, thanks again.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

RevKrule posted:

Same. Spider-man point when they play the same card, and fist bump for a good game. Oh yeah, and the Deadpool when I do an obvious dumb.

Thanos and Ms. Marvel just look like toxic bragging and too sarcastic respectively.

And very rarely I'll emote a card. Last one was my angry face on their Scorpion, to which they responded with angry face on my waiting Daredevil. Which is fair I suppose.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I'll do the starry eyes emote if I see a variant I like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Makes no sense that Spectrum doesn't boost Ongoing cards that have had their effects negated (Isle of Silence, etc). My eight cuuuuuuubes!!!

I thought she did boost cards on Isle, but didn't boost cards hit by Enchantress. And that Patriot conversely affects the former but not the latter.