Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hobo Clown posted:

Is that his sister/aunt?

No, that would be his biological sister Tosca.

His stepsister/aunt Jana Bezuidenhout would have been a year old at that time, and only moved in with his dad when she was four, ie after Elon had left home.

I hate that I felt compelled to look all of that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1599672158086889474

When I saw this in another thread, I quickly passed it over as just Musk doing his "TO MARS! FOR THE GOOD OF HUMANITY!" future-bullshit.

.....Then I took a closer look. Seriously, is it just the image's lovely quality, or are all the people being barred form the giant spaceship by armed police people of color?

So he's seeing himself as the guy behind Noah's Ark 2.0. Not even hiding the god complex anymore.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Sane and normal.
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1597430993161719809?s=20&t=ey0GhT1qWUPstxyY0EOpKg

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Grimes likes tweet espousing the virtues of small penises

https://twitter.com/jenny_b_3/status/1599826060702797824

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
too many (of YOU) people signed up for my mastodon server so I got scared, registered for a DMCA authorized agent, set up an LLC and am in the process of putting up a blanket umbrella policy for it so one of you doesn't somehow cost me my house by sending goatman at Joe Biden or something.

I guess I could just shut the server down, but, "in for a dollar, in for $200". Or something.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I actually just closed this tab in an involuntary reflex when I read his post, at first. gently caress you, Elon. People need goddamn baseball bats applied, at this point. Names withheld.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Step 1: Seize Power

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Kingfish posted:

Step 1: Seize Power

Well let’s hear him out perhaps the following steps are reasonable..

.. what!!!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Cabbages and Kings posted:

too many (of YOU) people signed up for my mastodon server so I got scared, registered for a DMCA authorized agent, set up an LLC and am in the process of putting up a blanket umbrella policy for it so one of you doesn't somehow cost me my house by sending goatman at Joe Biden or something.

I guess I could just shut the server down, but, "in for a dollar, in for $200". Or something.

Sounds like a decentralised social media service is always going to be unable to fulfil regulatory requirements. The software that allows people to make posts on the internet is like the most basic minimal part necessary, and that's all you have.

Just let Twitter die. There doesn't need to be a replacement.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Agreed. It is so unnecessary

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wtf, my new boss Alan Musk keeps emailing me with the subject "diapers are delicious" and the text is just "come eat 1 with me". Like 16 emails so far today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Sounds like a decentralised social media service is always going to be unable to fulfil regulatory requirements. The software that allows people to make posts on the internet is like the most basic minimal part necessary, and that's all you have.

I don't know what mastodon is but it's definitely not a twitter replacement as it fails the main twitter use case of "letting me yell at major corporations directly, instead of yelling at clouds"

The next year plus looks like it's gonna be a ridiculous set of twists and turns to arrive at some kind of "new normal" for soc media. Happy to throw a couple hundred bucks plus at liability-avoidance to run an instance through that storm, even if it's just another thing in the long list of year long projects I did and then abandoned to fester on the internet.

That said, there's a handful of content providers I was following who were already on mastodon and so that made me want to sign up to just continue to get those inputs, and at least messing around with standing up my own instance seemed like fun. So, here I am, $250 later.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Congresswoman Cori Bush on Ol' Musky, from a campaign email I just got:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I don't know what mastodon is but it's definitely not a twitter replacement

We know it's not a twitter replacement because it existed years prior to twitter's downfall. I feel like a lot of the talk about Mastodon's survival from Mastodon's perspective must be like living in a tourist heavy port city in Europe and seeing Americans trundle off the cruise ship on motorized wagons saying "jeez I don't know if this place is going to make it, it sure ain't like home!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

what a weird place to shoehorn in the dumb eurogoon vs amerigoon poo poo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Masto:doink:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kazil posted:

Go shoot up a school about it

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Kingo Ligma posted:

That's where everyone is born, idiot

No you're thinking of Virginias. All babies are born in Virginias.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Go shoot up a school about it

in this economy?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Beefed Owl posted:

No you're thinking of Virginias. All babies are born in Virginias.

I think you're getting too into the christmas spirit

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kazil posted:

I'm american and I wasn't even aware of this euro/US beef. It's an analogy, not an attack on baseball, mom, and apple pie or whatever

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Also pre-twitter-struggle Mastodon seems to have a large european presence

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Steadiman posted:

If I post less than 50 tweets per hour my brain will explode

Should we call this Speet or Tweed

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mdxi posted:

Congresswoman Cori Bush on Ol' Musky, from a campaign email I just got:

Hell yeah get his rear end

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Apparently the twitter janitors at Twitter hq San Francisco are part of a bigger janitors union and they're on strike.

https://twitter.com/CaliforniaLabor/status/1599845784178294784

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Elon musk gonna lay them off, get sued by every labor attorney in the state and try and see if there are any bootlickers on Angi that could "be hardcore" enough to work for $20 a day plus free G-Fuel where the Kombucha was.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
New content dropped

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1599896060612190220?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Preoptopus posted:

I'm actually surprised speed coding while getting a blow job wasn't a part of his code review.
Not getting, no.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol I hope the janitors do some sabotaging .

gently caress musk.

(going from a QI episode about sabotaging , you gently caress with pipes buy soaking a sponge in a starchy rich liquid, ball it up and dry it out, and then flush it. if QI can post it on tv I can post it online)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

hackers got all his apes, but literally

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

all his apes were hacked.

with a saw.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
cerebral-bored apes

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You could not, in fact, use multiple neuralinks on a single ape.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Splicer posted:

You could not, in fact, use multiple neuralinks on a single ape.

believe elon, he's tried!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love how "tuxedo elon" is the go to whenever the media wants to make him look like a complete dipshit. But really there are other options, so many. Don't be afraid to branch out!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Not enough slurp juice in neuralink, the math simply doesn’t work

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Steadiman posted:

Not enough slurp juice in neuralink, the math simply doesn’t work

a lotta yall still dont get it. ape holders can use multiple neuralinks on a single ape. so if you have 1 ape with a cerebral hemorrhage and 3 neuralinks you can create 3 new brain damaged apes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/The_Hellenist/status/1599765542293864448?cxt=HHwWgICwhZ2SwbMsAAAA

Wtf this is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

musk drooling as he stares blankly at a "get your rear end to mars" video loop with rotting infected neuralink wire thru his skull