Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

hawowanlawow posted:

sounds like they taste like the oil you fry them in

not necessarily a bad thing

this is what all bugs taste like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I’ll shitpost about a lot of things but for some reason the “throwing car batteries into the ocean” meme actually bothers me. Like, it’s just banal enough for someone to actually start doing as a laugh and the earth is already quite messed up.

I think you need to relax a bit. May I recommend throwing a car battery or two into the ocean? I find that helps me destress.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm not actually much of a crab guy but its always funny when you go to the higher end buffets in like hotels or whatever and theres the dude with 20 linear feet of king crab legs draped over his plate. Our implements aren't designed for yards of food.

In Southern Ontario we have an (award-winning) chain of Chinese-American buffets called The Mandarin. They've lost the plot decades ago and they serve everything under the Sun from pizza slices to sushi to roast beef, but the main draw for a lot of people are the crab legs.

I find them disgusting, personally, and just stick to the chicken balls and spring rolls and lo mein. Really, any big chitinous sea bug is a hard sell for me - it took years for me to finally enjoy shrimp. I won't touch lobster unless it's already in like, a Po'Boy sandwich or something.

Still, my most offensive food opinion yet on the subject of crabs may be that I really like that imitation crab meat you get in sushi sets.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lol

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mister Speaker posted:

In Southern Ontario we have an (award-winning) chain of Chinese-American buffets called The Mandarin. They've lost the plot decades ago and they serve everything under the Sun from pizza slices to sushi to roast beef, but the main draw for a lot of people are the crab legs.

I find them disgusting, personally, and just stick to the chicken balls and spring rolls and lo mein. Really, any big chitinous sea bug is a hard sell for me - it took years for me to finally enjoy shrimp. I won't touch lobster unless it's already in like, a Po'Boy sandwich or something.

Still, my most offensive food opinion yet on the subject of crabs may be that I really like that imitation crab meat you get in sushi sets.

Considering real lump crab meat is $42 bucks a pound where I live, imitation is fine

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
the fake crab is just fish cake so yeah, it's pretty tasty but it's nothing like the real poo poo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've never had like whole crab. I had crab cakes once when I was little and they were okay and I've had a couple of lobster tails but never the full production with like the hammer and pliers and stuff.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
the guts of the crab are the best part but you shouldn't eat a lot of it cause of mercury, or so i've heard

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Enjoy the Mercury, you're likely over 30 years old by now and you've been soaking up so much plastic anyway it doesn't matter.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this thread is an example of evolutionary carcinization

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

One of the best meals of my life was on a Turkish tourist boat where we caught a load of crabs and the guy driving the boat just barbecued them up with some lemon.
Thanks for reading my crab experience.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hahaha

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

He had a big fat hit it was ghastly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hzkBihaew

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Mister Speaker posted:

Really, any big chitinous sea bug is a hard sell for me - it took years for me to finally enjoy shrimp. I won't touch lobster unless it's already in like, a Po'Boy sandwich or something.

:same:

I don’t mind the flavor, but the texture is just weird if you’re eating it by itself out of the shell.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

What if they mashed up the bugs and compressed them into little dinosaur shapes then breaded and fried them? Would goons be fine with bug nuggies?

I would probably order a box of McBuggets.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Buggies.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

e.pilot posted:

:same:

I don’t mind the flavor, but the texture is just weird if you’re eating it by itself out of the shell.

Also the odour of cooking crustaceans is something I find vile (similar to a lot of seafood, actually).

When I was 15 my Dad and I drove to Prince Edward Island. What a place to find out that I don't like lobster. We drove back with a styrofoam cooler full of the things, and when we got in at like 5AM, after a long nap I woke up to his entire apartment reeking of cooking lobster. I almost retched.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Glottis posted:

King crab, dungeness crab, and blue crab are pretty much tied in my book, and all tastier than lobster. And that concludes my hot derail take.

Australian spanner crab is better imvho than all of them.

Lobster sucks, bugs (the underwater kind like Moreton Bay or Balmain) are markedly better than both lobster and crab imvho

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Dec 6, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

what?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He did a cover of Santa Baby with every line rewritten to be no homo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIGudHZa0g

He has a lot to answer for and the queer community is right not to forgive him. Also, every other community.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

He did a cover of Santa Baby with every line rewritten to be no homo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIGudHZa0g

He has a lot to answer for and the queer community is right not to forgive him. Also, every other community.

lol loving hell that's embarrassing

like mate could you not just sing a different song

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
beats by blé

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

some plague rats posted:

lol loving hell that's embarrassing

like mate could you not just sing a different song

He literally can't. He is contractually obligated to sing every Christmas song in existence.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

He literally can't. He is contractually obligated to sing every Christmas song in existence.

Oh okay. In that case I'm not mad at him because he has already been condemned to hell so there's no point

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Has he dipped into that small subset of christmas songs by women that are basically "Me and Santa? ... we gonna gently caress."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Paladinus posted:

And with the advent (haha) of advanced algorithms, new christmas songs can be created at an exponential rate. There is no escape for Buble.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Has he dipped into that small subset of christmas songs by women that are basically "Me and Santa? ... we gonna gently caress."

Like for example Santa Baby?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Chitin posted:

Like for example Santa Baby?

Nah he would never do that, it would sound homosexual

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Some day he'll need to be held accountable for farting on all the presents too

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Look forward to his take on Jingle Bells - Batman Smells Edit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009