Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Four f those guys couldn't get a hit off a pitcher making less than $1 million a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zoux posted:

Four f those guys couldn't get a hit off a pitcher making less than $1 million a month ago.

cristian javier ftw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Techinically five, as Wheeler also went 0fer. The whole postseason!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Good lord. I'm middle aged but so terminally online that I see a pic of Ripken hitting a home run at the 2001 All Star game and my broke brain just focuses on the background.

Wait - that guy's doing the "You know i had to do it to em" pose!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It is kinda wild in retrospect how long it took MLB to realize they could sell replica jerseys and tshirts to every fan in attendance

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So today is the first ever MLB Draft Lottery, apparently

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well Played Mauer posted:

I read somewhere that Hal is higher on re-signing Judge than Cashman is. Cashman’s quotes sound a lot like a guy who’s trying to either play hard to get or preempt failure or both.

Hal thinks it's a good idea to give judge 40 million a year and then come back with the same not good enough team that they had this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If they've got a lottery now they should let teams trade picks.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

It is kinda wild in retrospect how long it took MLB to realize they could sell replica jerseys and tshirts to every fan in attendance

It's weird, I definitely remember when most fans in stands weren't in full cosplay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

So today is the first ever MLB Draft Lottery, apparently

I think whichever team takes it, Wembanyama is the obvious #1 pick

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Hall of Fame debate ✅
Robo Umps advocacy ✅
Is It Weird to Wear Sports Jerseys? ✅

Let’s go! All of my least favorite discussions within 48 hours 😤

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/GaryHPhillips/status/1600149453771575298

Who could've possibly seen this coming lol

The Yankees went out of their way to piss Judge off.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

GalacticAcid posted:

Hall of Fame debate ✅
Robo Umps advocacy ✅

Ben Cherington is a fine GM :twisted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

GalacticAcid posted:

Hall of Fame debate ✅
Robo Umps advocacy ✅

my son has an astros shirt and he loves it, any time he sees the color orange he goes "oh its the astros!" or "go baseball!"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1600165823858896896

Cool

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

GalacticAcid posted:

Hall of Fame debate ✅
Robo Umps advocacy ✅

You're just mad that no one took you up on your "all replay is bad" take to argue that only "some replay is bad". :colbert:

more falafel please posted:

It's weird, I definitely remember when most fans in stands weren't in full cosplay.

Time to go full circle and cosplay as old timey fans that would show up in full suits.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
La historia me absolverá

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Red Sox and Yankees feeling like mid-tier teams right now.

Judge is holding Yankees hostage from making any big moves and the Red Sox just not doing anything?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12...lflow%3Atwitter

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 6, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hal should sell the team IMO

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

lobster shirt posted:

pitch framing is cool and robot umps should be destroyed

Yeah honestly just ban the strike zone box on TV since it has made people insane

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

Hal should sell the team IMO

The only people who could possibly afford the Yankees are Arab royal families

The Yankees brought to you Mohammad bin Salman

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

The only people who could possibly afford the Yankees are Arab royal families

The Yankees brought to you Mohammad bin Salman

That isn't true. There are any number of finance ghouls who could afford the Yankees.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

That isn't true. There are any number of finance ghouls who could afford the Yankees.

They have to be at $7-8 billion by now because of the brand value and YES Network.

Your regular Steve Cohen type can't put that together.

You got a few of the tech billionaires and Arab royal families!

Forbes says $6 billion and George paid $8.8 million for the team lol.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tommy Kahnle is still alive? I really thought he had just flamed out and wasn't pitching anymore

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Cohen could absolutely lead an ownership group to take on the Yankees in sort of a sports parallel of the unification of Seville and Aragon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
winter meetings time, oh boy, wonder how fast the A's trade away all our Perfect Boys :(

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
My new posting style when Mohammed Bin Salman buys the Pirates from Nutting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ the biggest dick waivers in the world, finance billionaires, not lining up to buy the most prestigious sports brand in the world.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The City of New York could raise the money to buy the team in about 14 seconds.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

winter meetings time, oh boy, wonder how fast the A's trade away all our Perfect Boys :(

Who is even left?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if mbs buys the yankees do you think he'll let the players have big beards?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jeff Bezos dual owner of the Washington Commies and New York Yankees

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

lobster shirt posted:

if mbs buys the yankees do you think he'll let the players have big beards?

after a 7 game losing streak Boone arrives to the stadium early for some meetings and there's a saw waiting for him on his desk.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Make the Yankees a publicly traded company and make all of the people from yankees.gif the board.

The gently caress you gently caress you guy gets to be the chair

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mcmagic posted:

Who is even left?

I understand you tried to memory hole the A's after the Montas trade, but there's some talented dudes there

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

I understand you tried to memory hole the A's after the Montas trade, but there's some talented dudes there

Oh I still know what a loving disaster that trade is very well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1600175867187318784

Jesus Christ have these people ever been to San Diego? $340 million to live in a perfect climate for eleven years and you get Octobers off?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lumpy posted:

The City of New York could raise the money to buy the team in about 14 seconds.

It would be pretty interesting if the team budget ended up being voted on as a proposed tax levy every year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1600175867187318784

Jesus Christ have these people ever been to San Diego? $340 million to live in a perfect climate for eleven years and you get Octobers off?

cheesesteaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My theory for why the Padres are never any good no matter how stacked their roster is that the weather is too nice and makes them too chilled out.