Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao Heyman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Heaney getting 2/25 to pitch at Globe Life is laughable. That new slider isn't going to fool anyone in the AL West.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/sophiekleeman/status/1600253188019752960

Why is this so hard.

Lol put an asterisk next to 62*

this seems incredibly bad

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Poque posted:

quote:

"If a baseball is random, the way MLB described it, you would see a rainbow of flavors, of weights on baseballs," said Max Scherzer, the New York Mets' fireballer who took a leading role in negotiating the current CBA. "But if you see two distinct weights being manufactured, then it's only rational to assume that you know how to make the two weights. And if you know how to make the two weights, then that's intentional, not random."

Yes that is intentional

https://twitter.com/BWDBWDBWD/status/1600255413626150912

So if the league cheats for you, how mad should I be about it

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 6, 2022

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was on suicide watch for a solid five minutes

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Poque posted:

Baseball is such a manipulated sport

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

:lol:

i am dead

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Carlosologist posted:

I was on suicide watch for a solid five minutes

He's still going to the Giants I think.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

IcePhoenix posted:

Crazy that the league conspired against Ohtani to deny him back to back MVPs

it's upsetting but not surprising that they did this to rob the greatest player ever

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

He's still going to the Giants I think.

Yeah same, I think someone let the cat out too soon and was told to retract.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Heyman r/n:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

yankees fans, I assume you are all up in arms about the league doing a balls cheating and making your team an accomplice

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ohtani delete the Tweet congratulating Judge on winning 2022 MVP

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

maffew buildings posted:

yankees fans, I assume you are all up in arms about the league doing a balls cheating and making your team an accomplice

The ball fuckery is bad but everyone knew this was going on and both teams get to play with the same hosed balls. It's not the same as the astros.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/1600258135830269954

lol dan did "arson judge"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

you're right, it is nowhere near as bad as the time the Yankees were cheating in the mid 2010s and the league covering it up for years

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

xbilkis posted:

The Yankees have hosed Up.

Edit: https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/1600255515916832768

Jon Heyman has hosed Up

No poo poo, they haven't heard from Aaron Judge. It's Arson Judge they're going after.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

you're right, it is nowhere near as bad as the time the Yankees were cheating in the mid 2010s and the league covering it up for years

lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michael Kay says his sources say stuff is happening but Heyman is wrong and Yanks are still in. Who knows but assuming his connections are Yankees no reason to string out hope if it’s burnt.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
lol

https://twitter.com/EvanWebeck/status/1600257413659054080

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Arson Judge trending lmao. Change the thread title now please

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Someone forgot to turn off the hot stove

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

owns

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well I just can’t do anything now except sit here queasy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1600263496243228672

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The hot stove is on but the igniter is broken so it's just leaking gas.

https://twitter.com/cmkuiper/status/1600261277795786753

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/sophiekleeman/status/1600253188019752960

Why is this so hard.

no surprise AT ALL that the league was willing to covertly manipulate baseballs to do this

I hope this turns into a huge scandal and destroys every remaining faith in the “sanctity” of any baseball records.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Biggest news of the offseason. Should I double check? Nah....I wonder if the gift shop is still open

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s an entire cottage industry now of scientists and journalists who analyze the balls after each season to see how badly MLB hosed with everything in a futile attempt to find that sweet spot between DINGERS and NONOS

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dinger NoNo is new from Tastycake

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The ball fuckery is bad but everyone knew this was going on and both teams get to play with the same hosed balls. It's not the same as the astros.
look again, they clearly put livelier balls into Yankees games, particularly in September, to help ensure Judge got to 62

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

look again, they clearly put livelier balls into Yankees games, particularly in September, to help ensure Judge got to 62

the other team gets to play with those same balls. it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the outcomes of games.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

No wonder the Giants pulled out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

the other team gets to play with those same balls. it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the outcomes of games.

Does put the legitimacy of the home run record into question though

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

No wonder the Giants pulled out

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah maybe but it's impossible to know. What about 2020 when they were clearly juicing the ball and guys like Brett Gardner were hitting 30 homers? They pull this poo poo all the time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It does if the team doesn't have a bunch of home run hitters. Warning track balls turn into home runs. Jeez Judge needed a short porch AND juiced balls to barely break the record

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

IcePhoenix posted:

The legitimacy of what record - having like the 10th most home runs in a season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1600267533960896512