Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I honestly probably wouldn't get octopus anyway - lately I'm finding myself squeamish about ordering it for ethical reasons. Squid, though, I will happily chow down on.

Personally I draw the line at eating any animal smart enough to understand sarcasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Feel free to eat your way through many Americans then.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

my church didn't have pepperjack cheese
supply chain has forsaken me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Feel free to eat your way through many Americans then.

Or any other humans, seems like

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Christ. Makes me glad I started only dealing with cellphone companies directly online several years ago.

Resellers are sleazy and I’d avoid dealing with them if at all possible

I hope they ditch the kiosk and use the space for new onionizers

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

Resellers are sleazy and I’d avoid dealing with them if at all possible

I hope they ditch the kiosk and use the space for new onionizers

:amen:

At this point I only want to buy unlocked phones and decide what carrier I want to deal with as needed.

And I want my onions back. And supreme slices. And Polish dogs. Goddamnit.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

According to people high up at Wireless Advocates (who are all fired now so they can speak freely on Reddit), Costco was making a lot of money from the phone kiosks and the website but that the customer experience was just absolute dogshit and generated a ton of member complaints. Costco was demanding improved staffing a better customer experience before considering negotiating the contract and that Wireless Advocates just botched the whole thing.

Costco has a pilot launch of selling ATT phones themselves in about 13 stores. I'm guessing they're gonna just launch that nationwide now. Real shame because Costco had some of the best T-mobile deals.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Ya know, sometimes the smaller stores got all ya need, no exclusivity, no fees, no nuthin. No need for these corporate mega shops with nothing but fabricated deals and stolen dreams

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

RepeatingMeme posted:

Ya know, sometimes the smaller stores got all ya need, no exclusivity, no fees, no nuthin. No need for these corporate mega shops with nothing but fabricated deals and stolen dreams

That's a lot of words just to tell us you are :wrong:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I keep burning (literally, heh) through jars of these dried chilis in oil from Trader Joe's. Does anyone know if Costco carries such a thing, perhaps in a larger jar? The flavor is wonderful and the heat is intense.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

FCKGW posted:

According to people high up at Wireless Advocates (who are all fired now so they can speak freely on Reddit), Costco was making a lot of money from the phone kiosks and the website but that the customer experience was just absolute dogshit and generated a ton of member complaints. Costco was demanding improved staffing a better customer experience before considering negotiating the contract and that Wireless Advocates just botched the whole thing.

Costco has a pilot launch of selling ATT phones themselves in about 13 stores. I'm guessing they're gonna just launch that nationwide now. Real shame because Costco had some of the best T-mobile deals.

Just use mint wireless, works with any phone, $15 a month.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Smugworth posted:

I keep burning (literally, heh) through jars of these dried chilis in oil from Trader Joe's. Does anyone know if Costco carries such a thing, perhaps in a larger jar? The flavor is wonderful and the heat is intense.

“Chili crisp” is the term and the original brand Laoganma is a couple bucks at any Asian grocery.

From what I’m reading Costco had a high-end knockoff that had mixed reviews on Reddit, some people felt it was an overpriced “Whole Foods” kinda version of Laoganma

Edit: if you wanna try something really neat, look up recipes for chili crisp popcorn

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 7, 2022

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Zero VGS posted:

Edit: if you wanna try something really neat, look up recipes for chili crisp popcorn

I suggest this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fG8rNHUspU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I spent like $145 last night and I got a bunch of beverages (including the $25 case of Monster, its so cheap I figure why not stock up) and some socks and one of those stupidly huge bags of cheddar/caramel popcorn and some multivitamins and other poo poo, I went right around closing time and it was very peaceful

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

“Chili crisp” is the term and the original brand Laoganma is a couple bucks at any Asian grocery.

From what I’m reading Costco had a high-end knockoff that had mixed reviews on Reddit, some people felt it was an overpriced “Whole Foods” kinda version of Laoganma

Can't say I'm surprised CostCo carries an inferior copy of a Trader Joe's product. At least I have my Jongga (T1W2G) kimchi.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

bagmonkey posted:

I spent like $145 last night and I got a bunch of beverages (including the $25 case of Monster, its so cheap I figure why not stock up) and some socks and one of those stupidly huge bags of cheddar/caramel popcorn and some multivitamins and other poo poo, I went right around closing time and it was very peaceful

Our Costco business center has all flavors of monster in single flavor cases… it’s awesome. Takes us a while to go through but it’s so much cheaper

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random question.

Can you use a Costco rewards certificate at a business center? I have one but it's over a hour away while normal costcos are much closer. Just thinking if I get a large sized reward certificate, it'd be good to go to the business center for the real bulk stuff and stock up for a whole.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Zero VGS posted:

That's probably Fly By Jing, which is indeed a weak spin on Laoganma.

If you want a big jar and you want the Chinese version, not the export version (the one labeled "chili crisp" is the export), this is what you're looking for: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WGQYMM6 The export version isn't bad, it's just different. There are many types of Laoganma, sadly most of them aren't available outside China but try all the ones you can find.

I doubt Costco has it but your local Chinese grocery may.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Can't say I'm surprised CostCo carries an inferior copy of a Trader Joe's product. At least I have my Jongga (T1W2G) kimchi.

R e a d y for me to shove your head into a toilet bowl and FLUSH it?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Made my six? eight? month old half-full jar of jongga (2gs, etc) into some kimchi jjigae (jjiggae?) this past weekend, first time I’d had it and it’s probably going into regular cooking rotation. Easy, cheap, and tasty as heck.

I like getting pork belly at the ‘co as it has a billion uses so having piles of it is great, but the one near me loves to hide a bunch of oxidized pieces under a layer of fresh-looking cuts so I’m leery about it. I’ll probably do it anyway once I clear up some freezer space, I’m holding a turkey for my aunt so that’s a quarter of my dumb, shelfless freezer.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Smugworth posted:

Costco does carry a version of this, but I haven't actually purchased it to try. I've just seen it in my local Church

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Saw this in the freezer last night. I really want to pick some up but I'm pretty sure my wife would barf and then kill me if she smelled it thawing in the house.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I can't confirm but I've heard freezing durian does dull the smell at least partially

I tried durian mochi once and it tasted like a foot and a butt had a child and it had athlete's foot on its butt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Buy it coward.

I also saw that and skipped it because ick durian

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've never had a fresh one but I've had it frozen several times as well as in some cooked things and candy. It always taste the same, like the smell of feet that walked through a bunch of garlic somebody farted on

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a lot sweeter fresh but also more ripe garbage bag-ey at the same time

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if its really really ripe its kind of effervescent too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

Buy it coward.

I also saw that and skipped it because ick durian

Costco: Buy it coward.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Ineffiable posted:

Random question.

Can you use a Costco rewards certificate at a business center? I have one but it's over a hour away while normal costcos are much closer. Just thinking if I get a large sized reward certificate, it'd be good to go to the business center for the real bulk stuff and stock up for a whole.

I don’t have a definite answer but I would think “yes”

Maybe call them?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Durian is the best and tastes exactly like vanilla pudding. I'm definitely buying that if I see it. Yes it stinks but what in this horrible world doesn't stink?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Durian is good, eat it you loving cowards

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
My only experience with durian has been the durian Pia cakes that I got from Costco. I did not like those. Would be willing to try it again, but don't want commit to a huge amount of it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp posted:

Okay, I just got back from church and got the kim chee with two "g"s.

Now... what do I do with it?

Thanks for your suggestions. I followed the hot dog one and had kim chee sausage sandwich and :kiss:

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

PolishPandaBear posted:

My only experience with durian has been the durian Pia cakes that I got from Costco. I did not like those. Would be willing to try it again, but don't want commit to a huge amount of it.

somebody left those in the break room once, mixed in with some other actually edible snacks. I'm guessing it was some sort of cruel prank?

I took one and it smelled like... stale onions + sweaty socks? and it tasted exactly as it smelled

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I picked up a big rear end jar of pumpkin spice latte protein powder for 19.97 baby! Going to a white elephant with it on Sunday.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

StormDrain posted:

I picked up a big rear end jar of pumpkin spice latte protein powder for 19.97 baby! Going to a white elephant with it on Sunday.

Unimaginably cruel

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

StormDrain posted:

sounds like i have my secret santa for gary all figured out

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
love the new thread title

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

StormDrain posted:

Fantastic. I hope whoever gets it is the type to dutifully slog through the entire canister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Grand Fromage posted:

That's probably Fly By Jing, which is indeed a weak spin on Laoganma.

I like their Zhong Sauce or whatever they call the dumpling sauce, but the chili crisp is not good.

Weirdly one of the best non-Laoganma chili crisps is the Momofuku brand one, it’s not all that spicy but it has a good flavor and it’s got a lot of sediment so it’s more crispy.