Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Canada will not be the vanguard in the glorious communist revolution, so don't worry about it. the US is closer, and when that happens, you won't have trouble finding a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

You fight authority with people. The enforcers bring guns, the people build tanks.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A Russian troll farm posted:

canadian liberals only want the jackbooted enforcers of capital to have guns, what else is new

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

canadian liberals only want the jackbooted enforcers of capital to have guns, what else is new

People in TFR love to build this strawman and gently caress it to death, but I've never met an honest-to-god leftist OR liberal who isn't also pro-police reform and disarmament.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

People in TFR love to build this strawman and gently caress it to death, but I've never met an honest-to-god leftist OR liberal who isn't also pro-police reform and disarmament.

But they'll never reform the police, let alone disarm them. The chuds, likewise, will always have their guns when they really need them (i.e. when they're deputized as vigilantes against you.) Finally, mass shooters will always be able to get guns from the RCMP. So what is actually achieved? I guess you get to own the chuds online?

Sure, Canada will probably never get a revolution. But with a gun, you can at least shoot back at the death squads when they come for you, allowing you to die on your feet rather than in a torture prison. Look to South American history for a big list of reasons to not be captured alive

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

so sad this detail was glossed over in todays reporting. it is a bit from Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie come to life. Right down to the part where he praises the quality of the young boys' stool, on account of their diet, which he monitors himself! AAAAAAAHHH :psyboom:

quote:

The order came in response to an April 2021 complaint from a former employee at Klop's lab, who alleged that he was producing FMT products in a basement apartment in Abbotsford using his nephews' feces, without any quality control or proper screening.

Although he acknowledged that Klop's three nephews were the business's only donors at the time of the complaint and clarified that the lab was in a ground-level unit of the building where the boys lived, Gratl said Klop has submitted evidence of his quality assurance processes and standard operating procedures.

Gratl also said the nephews had their blood and feces tested every three months, which he described as standard for FMT. The court heard Klop has deposed that he was confident of the quality of their feces because "they are my nephews, so I know their lifestyles."

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

When the revolution comes, progressive Millennials/Gen Z will be ready from years of playing violent video games. Just carve a reticle on my cornea, put a health bar widget on my fitbit and put me in coach.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

But with a gun, you can at least shoot back at the death squads when they come for you, allowing you to die on your feet rather than in a torture prison. Look to South American history for a big list of reasons to not be captured alive

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When any of the violent events that might precede a revolution come, the libs itt will be clutching pearls and hoping the state cracks down as hard as possible.

Peace, order and good government, class structures and all.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There you go loving the poo poo out of that strawman again.

And I suppose you'll be where, Ram Ranch?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

When any of the violent events that might precede a revolution come, the libs itt will be clutching pearls and hoping the state cracks down as hard as possible.

Peace, order and good government, class structures and all.

yes, you are very tough and cool. its making me feel emasculated

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Left wing people are waiting for the classist revolution to murder people.

Right wing people are waiting for the race war to murder people.

Common ground abounds.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
remember: don't let the death squads take you alive

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm a centrist. I think we should listen to these murder proposals from both sides with an open mind.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

infernal machines posted:

I dont think MAiD works that fast.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can't believe government death panels turned out to be real

the americans warned us about this

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
don't think we'll have trouble finding guns if society starts collapsing to the point where a revolution is possible, so in the meantime gently caress guns and gently caress gun owners

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sure, Canada will probably never get a revolution. But with a gun, you can at least shoot back at the death squads when they come for you, allowing you to die on your feet rather than in a torture prison. Look to South American history for a big list of reasons to not be captured alive

Put the controller down, my bud

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

a stroke wont kill you on your feet but it could kill you all the same. the cancer of society may get me in the end or it might be actual cancer, who's to say?

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Like I said, liberals. If you looked at things scientifically, you would understand that liberalism is in crisis, and that liberalism in crisis becomes fascism. poo poo, the state is already waging a terror campaign against minorities and the poor, what do you think it's going to look like when the mask really drops?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

eXXon posted:

I'm a centrist. I think we should listen to these murder proposals from both sides with an open mind.

an open mind is the end result from both sides, yes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

having a gun wont save me from right wing terrorism but it will significantly increase the likelihood I'll blow my own brains out one day when I'm feeling especially low, which seems to happen to me every few months regardless of how well my extremely privileged life is going. and I don't trust any of you to not be the same way or worse. maybe you are more sane than me maybe you aren't. I don't care to dig into that. I also havent met a gun owner yet under the age of like 70 who didnt give me the heeby jeebies for one reason or another even before I learned about his guns

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

StealthArcher posted:

The D&Dest rear end CSPAM thread continues it's streak

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Juul-Whip posted:

having a gun wont save me from right wing terrorism but it will significantly increase the likelihood I'll blow my own brains out one day when I'm feeling especially low, which seems to happen to me every few months regardless of how well my extremely privileged life is going. and I don't trust any of you to not be the same way or worse. maybe you are more sane than me maybe you aren't. I don't care to dig into that. I also havent met a gun owner yet under the age of like 70 who didnt give me the heeby jeebies for one reason or another even before I learned about his guns

okay, but, the death squads won't take you alive

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

My mom brought up the stupidest reason yet to be mad at China yesterday. They limit the hours children can waste playing hyperaddictive online games like World of Warcraft! “They’re [China] a real problem” she said. She was incredulous when I suggested western countries should consider similar regulations. The woman who used to try to make me go outside to "play" in the cold grey-brown muck. This is how much her brain has been washed by CBC propaganda.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gosh I hope not, otherwise they'd be some kinda lying squads too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gosh I hope not, otherwise they'd be some kinda lying squads too

they're going full mask off here, which is why you want to die with your boots on

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I remember an anecdote about a chilean communist group in the pinochet era that ended up splitting over the issue of whether to carry pistols. Not for fighting, but for shooting themselves if they were about to be captured.

If you're at all serious about politics, even if only to the point of electing a progressive social democratic government, you need to understand that when capital is really under threat, the soft, squishy side of liberalism falls away completely and reveals unimaginably nightmarish cruelty. I've read about things that happened to people in torture prisons in Chile or Indonesia or Nicaragua, and I while can't recommend reading about it, it does give you some perspective. Suppose we managed to elect an actual social democratic NDP government that does all the good stuff and nationalizes industries to build canada's green future and so on - do you not think capital will fight back in every way it needs to? first through regular means, but eventually through naked terror. Progressives and social democrats simply don't understand the stakes. There is limit to what Capital is capable of and no lines it will not cross when it is threatened. You should be a lot more afraid than you are

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, i'm terrified. i'm sure that's helping.

i guess i could be scared with a gun. that would be better?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

--

edit:

I remember an anecdote about a chilean communist group in the pinochet era that ended up splitting over the issue of whether to carry pistols. Not for fighting, but for shooting themselves if they were about to be captured.

If you're at all serious about politics, even if only to the point of electing a progressive social democratic government, you need to understand that when capital is really under threat, the soft, squishy side of liberalism falls away completely and reveals unimaginably nightmarish cruelty. I've read about things that happened to people in torture prisons in Chile or Indonesia or Nicaragua, and I while can't recommend reading about it, it does give you some perspective. Suppose we managed to elect an actual social democratic NDP government that does all the good stuff and nationalizes industries to build canada's green future and so on - do you not think capital will fight back in every way it needs to? first through regular means, but eventually through naked terror. Progressives and social democrats simply don't understand the stakes. There is limit to what Capital is capable of and no lines it will not cross when it is threatened. You should be a lot more afraid than you are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlaPZ-xMPGY

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 06:17 on Dec 7, 2022

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

If you're at all serious about politics, even if only to the point of electing a progressive social democratic government, you need to understand that when capital is really under threat, the soft, squishy side of liberalism falls away completely and reveals unimaginably nightmarish cruelty
we know that you dumb gently caress we're just trying to enjoy however much remains of our lives over here. I thought your Chile anecdote would be cool so I read on in good faith but it was stupid and went nowhere

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Like I said, liberals. If you looked at things scientifically, you would understand that liberalism is in crisis, and that liberalism in crisis becomes fascism. poo poo, the state is already waging a terror campaign against minorities and the poor, what do you think it's going to look like when the mask really drops?

First you were all about putting masks on and now you're worried they'll drop, can you make up your mind??

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'd probably be one of the guys who carries a suicide pistol, because I'm a dumb risk taking man and my brain is busted

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i guess i could be scared with a gun. that would be better?

objectively yes. But I'm not just talking about gun control specifically, i'm using it as a framing device to talk about how the progressive liberals and social democrats that comprise most of the canadian "left" do not have any understanding of the stakes. We're in the evil empire right now! You live inside the genocide machine, yet want to believe that everything is "normal" and always will be

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
In the future we will all have suicide pistols in safes tied by wifi to biomonitors. If your cortisol level gets too high, your safe opens. This is the future of MAiD.

EDIT: I posted this lunatic stupidity and it's still relatively sane compared to the post just above mine.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

But they'll never reform the police, let alone disarm them. The chuds, likewise, will always have their guns when they really need them (i.e. when they're deputized as vigilantes against you.) Finally, mass shooters will always be able to get guns from the RCMP. So what is actually achieved? I guess you get to own the chuds online?

lmao you're loving insane

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

the most d&d cspam thread indeed. If you don't think Canada is part of the imperial genocide machine, we may as well live on different planets

edit: read some history, liberals

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

If you don't think Canada is part of the imperial genocide machine, we may as well live on different planets

did anyone say anything like that?

no, no they did not

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol “Oh no I might kill myself if I’m allowed to have a gun”, “the state should be able to kill me if I feel suicidal” and “the state is creating conditions that make me feel suicidal”, “the state also wants to make sure I don’t have a gun”

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012