Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How is Houndstone not a rock type? It's literally in the name!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Stux posted:

incorrect

Verbose and wrong

Let's fight the elite four in a grey room was a letdown
The real ending was neat but could have used more of that in the rest of the game

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m currently putting peanut butter into my shin ramen :smug:

I got this idea from korea tho, not Americans

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Upsidads posted:

Verbose and wrong

Let's fight the elite four in a grey room was a letdown
The real ending was neat but could have used more of that in the rest of the game

thath was the entrie game, actually.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Same reason all the Iron pokemon aren't Steel

A rare display of restraint from Game Freak

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just grabbed some Thai take out, brought it home, microwaved some peanut butter, and added it to my pad thai and peanut curry noodle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Elite four chat has me wondering if they ever used both floors of the Elite Four Building's outdoor arenas. I know the top is used for the champion but what about the outside floor beneath?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm fine with the E4 facility not being an insane fantasy building and set becauae they decided to actually make the e4 real characters you could give a poo poo about with really charming interpersonal dialogue that felt pretty natural.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I caught a sylveon running around by the psychic gym, used it to breed a bunch of eevee’s, and now I need to figure out how to make one of them my bff jill before giving it a rare candy at night.

:toot:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the real elite 4 is the school tournament

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Can I get peeps to shout out their favorite water pokemon (that aren't Clodsire) from this game? None of them have been grabbing me and I really need the coverage in my team :v:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I caught a sylveon running around by the psychic gym, used it to breed a bunch of eevee’s, and now I need to figure out how to make one of them my bff jill before giving it a rare candy at night.

:toot:

You can blast it with a shitload of the EV Reset berries if you have extras, any kind since the newly hatched ones won't have EVs to preserve anyway.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Peanut flavour goes well with noodles!

PittTheElder posted:

Can I get peeps to shout out their favorite water pokemon (that aren't Clodsire) from this game? None of them have been grabbing me and I really need the coverage in my team :v:

You can blast it with a shitload of the EV Reset berries if you have extras, any kind since the newly hatched ones won't have EVs to preserve anyway.

The duck is good but if it's too hard to get one, ... er... you should still get one because he is that good

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well I did it, I built my first competitive team mostly on my own. Borrowed some ideas of where to start from pro players and such and then went in my own direction with it. Dealing with some of the big meta hitters like Gholdengo & Torkoal is a giant bitch and I'm not exactly using super great mons but Ice is my favorite type and I'm making it work dangit. You can get surprisingly tanky between Snow's DEF boost and Aurora Veil.

Also featuring Indeedee because I just randomly saw a shiny out in the wild not even hunting any and she can be handy.

I did it. I started playing competitive. This generation did the impossible because I never thought I would.

I still need to farm infinity tera shards though so I can make Cetitan Ground and Rotom Water and give them both Tera Blast.

See if you can make Avalugg work! They gave him Body Press this gen so now he absorbs physical super effective hits and then hits back like a truck.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So apparently if you manually save during a sandwich effect, reloading doesn't reload the sandwich. Glad I wasted my only two Herba

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

PittTheElder posted:

Dondozo is funny, also Clodsire isn't a water type

I used a Floatzel for my water type though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Hmm, one of them is Bold too…

Is Umbreon still considered S-tier for dark types? Or has Kingambit or whatever Zweilous evolves into better? Might as well start training a dark before the psychic gym

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Tauros ftw

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

oh yea, that sounded cool too but can't catch one in Scarlet it seems. If anyone wants to trade for a Fire Tauros hit me up with a pm

Countblanc posted:

also Clodsire isn't a water type

ah gently caress he's not either :doh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Quaxly and his evolutions carried me through a big chunk of the game (and he can also learn Ice and Fighting type moves for extra coverage), Marill’s not bad in this game either

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PittTheElder posted:

oh yea, that sounded cool too but can't catch one in Scarlet it seems. If anyone wants to trade for a Fire Tauros hit me up with a pm

ah gently caress he's not either :doh:

He might as well be with Water Absorb. Makes him immune :c00l:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Ometeotl posted:

So apparently if you manually save during a sandwich effect, reloading doesn't reload the sandwich. Glad I wasted my only two Herba

sandwich-centered save scumming? sorry, system sucks! sayonara, swag

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Haschel Cedricson posted:

See if you can make Avalugg work! They gave him Body Press this gen so now he absorbs physical super effective hits and then hits back like a truck.

Who would I replace though I wonder? I do love me the big gently caress off iceberg but I'd be concerned about narrowing my coverage even more.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Hey nooby just buy a compote du fils meal for 2800 from the fanciest restaurant in Medali, you get egg power 2 for 0 ingredients and you’ll make that money back in a battle

whoa

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He might as well be with Water Absorb. Makes him immune :c00l:

The amount of times I baited water moves with him to just heal was many.

Also I haven't been having luck in the discord so I suppose I'll ask here. Is anyone with Scarlet interested in doing a permanent trade of the box legendary with me, a Violet haver?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
e: beaten

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

I don’t have PMs but if anyone who does has a Water Tauros they pass their breed down

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hmm, one of them is Bold too…

Is Umbreon still considered S-tier for dark types? Or has Kingambit or whatever Zweilous evolves into better? Might as well start training a dark before the psychic gym

Umbreon doesn't sweep for poo poo, if that's what you're asking.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Is there a map or guide for which story beats are appropriate for what general party level? It was not really fun to go through a gym trial only to find out the gym leader team was about 10 levels above me.

Am I missing something? Are there recommended levels anywhere in the game?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Calico Heart posted:

Is there a map or guide for which story beats are appropriate for what general party level? It was not really fun to go through a gym trial only to find out the gym leader team was about 10 levels above me.

If you read the blurb about a gym leader/team star member on the map it will give you a general idea of how hard they are

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Calico Heart posted:

Someone posted a spoiler free level map a paghe or two ago

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Calico Heart posted:

Read the blurbs, talk to the people hanging out inside the gym itself(they'll often say stuff like "wow! GYM LEADER is REALLY STRONG, huh?" for the higher level gyms).

Out of game, there's this map which shows about what level each map point expects you to be at.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Raids in this game are absolutely miserable and filled with jank that I hope Game Freak fixes.

Oh no you have your shield up well I would LOVE to break it but I can't go Tera because you keep stealing from my Tera orb.

Oh sure let the raid boss get like a hundred turns in a row while I just sit here not getting to do anything that works great too!

OH SURE LET'S GIVE THE RAID BOSS COUNTER GREAT GUESS WE JUST LOSE BECAUSE THREE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS IN THIS RAID ARE PHYSICALLY ORIENTED THAT'S FANTASTIC.

God, I miss SS-style raids. :negative:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Electric Phantasm posted:

So many ghost types could have been rock type as well.

Sableye, Spiritomb, Golurk, Galarian Corsola, Cursola, Runerigus and now Houndstone.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Vandar posted:

Oh sure let the raid boss get like a hundred turns in a row while I just sit here not getting to do anything that works great too!

The timer ticking away while everyone is just frozen doing jack poo poo is really great. One time, my Clodsire got turned around the wrong way and was facing me?? He then jumped backwards a couple spaces toward the enemy, then slooooowly crawled back towards me, THEN turned around the right way and attacked. We ran out of time.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zuzie posted:

So many ghost types could have been rock type as well.

Sableye, Spiritomb, Golurk, Galarian Corsola, Cursola, Runerigus and now Houndstone.

I really wish Galarian Corsola and Cursola were rock type. I have no idea why they made them pure ghost.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Wile E. Toyota posted:

The timer ticking away while everyone is just frozen doing jack poo poo is really great. One time, my Clodsire got turned around the wrong way and was facing me?? He then jumped backwards a couple spaces toward the enemy, then slooooowly crawled back towards me, THEN turned around the right way and attacked. We ran out of time.

Anything that can put your entire party to sleep so you're forced to sit there impotently watching the timer tick down.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Anyone have any idea if Blissey's 'Healer' ability works in raids? I'm not clear on what exactly an 'adjacent' pokemon is and how that's worked in these 4-v-1 contexts. I would just test it out but I'm reluctant to burn an ability patch on it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Flopsy posted:

Anything that can put your entire party to sleep so you're forced to sit there impotently watching the timer tick down.

Giving Yawn to raid Pokemon is a dick move.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah this is nuts. My first picnic with a jam sandwich yielded three fuecoco eggs. Managed to get a Sprigatito on link trade, went to Medeli and ate at the restaurant and picnic’d with a sylveon/ditto and then a sprigatito/ditto and now I have six eevees and six speigatitos hatched

Also hatching is so much faster now. This fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

OPAONI posted:

Umbreon doesn't sweep for poo poo, if that's what you're asking.

It was, thanks!

Also I caught a Falinks with a steel tera type, and I’m about to Kick Larry’s rear end after going in with ghosts and getting owned since I guess it goes both ways now lol