Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Bondematt posted:

Forgotten Weapons is Gun Jesus and isn't a weirdo himself, but is adjacent to a weirdo who even got himself banned from these here forums.

C&Rsenal does the WWI gun deep dives, like over an hour long and sometimes multi part on a single family of guns from the war.

Ehhhhh gun Jesus has some not great opinions on things and got super pissy after his publishing company got called out for releasing a book written by an actual Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Bondematt posted:

Forgotten Weapons is Gun Jesus and isn't a weirdo himself, but is adjacent to a weirdo who even got himself banned from these here forums.

C&Rsenal does the WWI gun deep dives, like over an hour long and sometimes multi part on a single family of guns from the war.

Forgotten Weapons recently published that book by an Azov Battalion guy, right?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
A car drove through red lights and crashed to the side of a driving school truck.

No visible damage but the advertisement makes it just perfect.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Bondematt posted:

Is it Larry Vickers, the Rhodesia-supporter? Because it would be pretty funny if he got banned from SA. Wow did Ian ever look uncomfortable during the one video I've seen them do together(and they appear to have since parted ways because Larry got way too spicy with his pro-Rhodesia comments).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rascar Capac posted:

Forgotten Weapons recently published that book by an Azov Battalion guy, right?

They ended up not publishing it thanks to a bunch of people pointing out the obvious.

Gun Jesus was/is also a goon, iirc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They ended up not publishing it thanks to a bunch of people pointing out the obvious.

Gun Jesus was/is also a goon, iirc.

He also released a video about the release not happening admitting he was unaware of it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

CommieGIR posted:

He also released a video about the release not happening admitting he was unaware of it.

The first video he released had him complaining about "politics" getting in the way of the release while footage of a tank going into a compound with swastikas on it was rolling. (Footage was from the Azov battalion)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PremiumSupport posted:

Years ago I was pulling a vehicle out of a heated garage on a really cold day (well below -10F degrees) and the thermal shock made the driver's side window shatter. It sounded like someone shooting off a pistol right next to my head. Was not even remotely prepared for it.

I've read about cases where the outdoor temperature changed so rapidly that windshields cracked on cars that were just sitting there in the open. Physics is weird.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I've read about cases where the outdoor temperature changed so rapidly that windshields cracked on cars that were just sitting there in the open. Physics is weird.

It's usually not the temp in these cases, but the barometric pressure. Low pressure system drops like a bomb on a small area, and suddenly the pressure inside the car cabin is way higher than outside. It can't equalize fast enough, and windows can pop.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rmh5sqNu8x1r0uzl6_720.mp4

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

PurpleXVI posted:

Is it Larry Vickers, the Rhodesia-supporter? Because it would be pretty funny if he got banned from SA. Wow did Ian ever look uncomfortable during the one video I've seen them do together(and they appear to have since parted ways because Larry got way too spicy with his pro-Rhodesia comments).

Sinistral Rifleman was the one I was thinking, but Jesus thanks for the info dudes. Somehow missed that whole Azov thing.

I saw the Larry Vickers ones and yeah he did not seem thrilled by that guy at all.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Regarding Forgotten Weapons there's also this recently thing :

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh huh, Ian posted some Desert Brutality b-roll, let's take a gand-

What an interesting shirt this person has donned.

Curious. It seems to be an advertisement for his company?

Mmm.

Cool!

He's really been turning up the nazi adjacency this year.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

nevermind

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 7, 2022

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
On the one hand I would absolutely never have identified that shirt as being nazi-related unless someone else pointed it out to me, especially with the backpack blocking the central symbol.

On the other hand you would think Ian would know by now to vet who he does collabs of any kind with.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
New CSB video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGVbGNdx7g0

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

PurpleXVI posted:

On the other hand you would think Ian would know by now to vet who he does collabs of any kind with.

He self admittedly does not vet anyone because he wants to keep "politics" out of it.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's usually not the temp in these cases, but the barometric pressure. Low pressure system drops like a bomb on a small area, and suddenly the pressure inside the car cabin is way higher than outside. It can't equalize fast enough, and windows can pop.

I'm uh gonna have to ask for a citation on this one I'm pretty sure the vast majority of vehicles are not completely pressure sealed from the outside.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Vehicles are not airtight, in fact its specifically avoided on purpose in vehicle designs. There are hidden vents all over modern vehicles to ensure no pressure differences.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the car has vents designed to equalize air pressure. Otherwise you could blow a window out by slamming the door.

Edit: this doesn’t say it can blow them out but it could still be problematic for those inside. https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-those-rubber-flaps-are-hidden-behind-your-re-1828016409/amp

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

I'm uh gonna have to ask for a citation on this one I'm pretty sure the vast majority of vehicles are not completely pressure sealed from the outside.

A friend has a Ford Ranger (or something like that) and when you open/close the doors it winds the window down a crack to help the pressure equalise.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

A friend has a Ford Ranger (or something like that) and when you open/close the doors it winds the window down a crack to help the pressure equalise.

I know some Mustangs did that because they were frameless windows and it was required to fit properly in the seals. There's a pair of 2020 Rangers at work and they do not do any such thing.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The original VW Beetles were infamous for it, some people would always roll down the windows before slamming the doors so they wouldn't discombobulate themselves. They even float for a while!

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Ror posted:

The original VW Beetles were infamous for it, some people would always roll down the windows before slamming the doors so they wouldn't discombobulate themselves. They even float for a while!

The second iteration of Beetle had no window frame and would do that slight retraction for seal. I guess they listened to their customers.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Well that’s a fun one.

Boiler explosion. And some of the victims worked a long way away at a different company!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

`Nemesis posted:

I know some Mustangs did that because they were frameless windows and it was required to fit properly in the seals. There's a pair of 2020 Rangers at work and they do not do any such thing.

Subaru had frameless windows for years and never did this.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

there's certainly several ways to do it, the mustang seals were pretty good and more intrusion resistant at least

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

Boiler explosion. And some of the victims worked a long way away at a different company!

People with large pressure vessels make bad neighbors.

Today happens to be the thirteenth anniversary of this incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7H_ILs1qc

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

So where's part 2?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I know the SG Forester has rubber vented panels behind each rear wheel for this.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I assume at some point the'll get enough water in them and they'll sink right? Honestly I figured they'd sink right to the bottom with no delay.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

ChesterJT posted:

I assume at some point the'll get enough water in them and they'll sink right? Honestly I figured they'd sink right to the bottom with no delay.

In theory they are supposed to be water tight from like weather. I'm not sure about them in an ocean although I've seen people in fishing boats cut through ones they found floating and grabbing goods out of them

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 8, 2022

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Sailboats ramming in to cargo containers floating just below the surface and being horribly damaged/sinking is not unheard of

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

"based on true events" is not the bear running around murdering people, because black bears are like big dogs

It's true, black bears will basically never mess with you unless you are intentionally antagonizing them or get between a mother and her cub.
just yell at a black bear bear, make lots of noise, make yourself look big, and if it still comes at you bop it on the nose and yell some more, and they will almost always run away from you.
Don't try that with a grizzly though, those are the ones you play dead with.

Remember the rhyme:

If it's black fight back
If it's brown lie down
If it's white get right with your deity of choice because your time on this earth is about to come to an abrupt and ignoble end

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Entropic posted:

If it's black fight back
If it's brown lie down
If it's white get right with your deity of choice because your time on this earth is about to come to an abrupt and ignoble end

:hmmyes:

I did some prep work for a project involving aircraft up in the arctic, and some of the safety scenarios included water/sea ice landing and remote landing with polar bear presence. I kinda think I'd choose the sea.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 8, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s like European brown bears don’t realize that they are the same species as grizzlies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

ChesterJT posted:

They're pretty water tight and if they're full of buoyant cargo they will equalize and float just below the surface. Some bust open and you get free loot if you're in the right spot. There's a bunch of yeti coolers floating around Alaska that people are finding.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.instagram.com/legolostatsea/?hl=en

This instagram tracks finds of Legos that spilled off a cargo ship in 1997 (as well as other flotsam and jetsam). Pretty neat.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s like European brown bears don’t realize that they are the same species as grizzlies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA

That dude's a Finn though it's it's possible the bear was Russian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Pittsburgh was built this way too.

Pittsburgh was built to keep minorities off NYC beaches?