Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm disappointed that the Cubs didn't offer Contreras more than what the Cardinals did, but I don't mind the Bellinger and Taillon signings at all. The Cubs aren't going to be competing for a title until the bulk of their minor league stars are in the majors anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, it's called Hey Man, Nice Shot

What a good shot, man

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinVerlander/status/1600646904882552832

ok it hurts a little

Anyway, hope we see you in the World Series JV.

If the Tigers actually rebuilt correctly they probably could have signed him this season :qq:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

All the cubsposters should band together and buy the angels. I'll pitch in :10bux:.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

All the cubsposters should band together and buy the angels. I'll pitch in :10bux:.

The Los Angeles Baseball Oafs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Frank the Tank becomes the highest paid position player in baseball

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm fairly certain we could continue the Angels recent post season success.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A goon-run franchise could eliminate the God Bless America bullshit on Sunday games and replace it with the 7th Inning Hot Take.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bring back the kiss cam but it's always someone with the Phanatic. Deploy two hundred Phanatics

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

As a fan of the team who has had to deal with the Yankees in the post season probably the most over the last like decade of sports I can only hope Judge's waning years are an albatross around the Yankees' neck.

I didn't realize you were a Twins fan

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sydin posted:

I will buy the Angels if they agree to let me rename them to the San Jose Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Gotta sneak California in there somewhere

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm disappointed that the Cubs didn't offer Contreras more than what the Cardinals did, but I don't mind the Bellinger and Taillon signings at all. The Cubs aren't going to be competing for a title until the bulk of their minor league stars are in the majors anyway.

There is no excuse for a major market team to rebuild for 5+ years to field a remotely competitive team. Especially in a league where half the teams arent even trying. They are bad because Jed Hoyer sucks and their owner is a cheap gently caress.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How the poo poo.

https://twitter.com/JPerrotto/status/1600628408106393601?t=veomvbJYd9T_qNaIXj1x1w&s=19

EDIT: This may include the minor league phase which would make it kind of nothing.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 8, 2022

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

I didn't realize you were a Twins fan

lmao nah I'm Guards, but Twins have a fair claim to dealing with the Yankees in postseason too, I'll give that to you.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
lol, not obvious at all

https://twitter.com/DanJFederico/status/1600704820096081920?s=20&t=TBkC7NsAxlKAchm4CaVHgA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/pbump/status/1600703274147274752

The phils and orioles lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

11000 losses and counting

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Seeing Nelson Cruz pop up reminds me how near perfect his tenure with/for the Twins was (perfection would have been winning a single play-off game). Love him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phillies should sign him to DH until Bryce comes back

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Where are the Pirates? Thought they’d be top 3

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Milovan Drecun posted:

Seeing Nelson Cruz pop up reminds me how near perfect his tenure with/for the Twins was (perfection would have been winning a single play-off game). Love him.

I genuinely believe that he would be a perfect signing for the Cubs. One year deal to full time DH on a retirement tour? gently caress yes

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

euphronius posted:

Phillies should sign him to DH until Bryce comes back

Yeah the Phillies definitely need a DH

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Are the Cubs trying to compete or not? Why sign Taillon and make big overtures for a star SS if you're gonna let your Mike Piazza-lite walk for nothing?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand the Padres being so in on Turner but not going hard after Bogaerts.

When you’re good you’re good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The stove is completely engulfed in flame and I love it.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1600721758276894720?t=2w2x7kD_PNe3fUHWY_9DRQ&s=19

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

gently caress

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

so when Tatis comes back is he playing second base now or somewhere in the OF?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
THIS IS BULLSHIT

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Padres really wanted a shortstop, eh

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

man the red sox are so down bad. I need a new AL team

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cackling thinking about Correa's contract

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

quick guardians sign Sean Murphy while everyone is getting mad about the Boegarts signing!!! it's the perfect crime!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

MLBTR had him going for 7/189

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

so when Tatis comes back is he playing second base now or somewhere in the OF?
presumably LF where they've already experimented with him

though I'm not sure why you'd take a player with plus-defense upside at a premium position and move him to one of lowest skill defensive positions but hey, Preller works in mysterious ways

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
This is apparently the offseason where every free agent is taken off the board for the rest of their career

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Padres really wanted a shortstop, eh

The Padres just wanted anyone to take their money, they'll pay $100 million over the next bidder, please I'm begging you

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Also the Cubs better loving sign Correa

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

Also the Cubs better loving sign Correa

Sorry he's coming back to the Twins you'll just have to settle for Dansby

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The padres are like really a small market team lol. I bet they will have to do a marlins style tear down in the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Yeah, as a Sox fan, I love X, but I do not love him anywhere NEAR 11 years/280 million.

And now that weight on Marcelo Mayer's shoulders just went up exponentially.