Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Those dudes were probably just a bunch of bumbling idiots, but if they had had a realistic plan I highly doubt our government would publish the details hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Al-Saqr posted:

That’s insane, but can such a thing happen? Isn’t Germany strong enough institutions wise that it’s kinda like the US where even if they did storm ‘parliament’ they’d just be taking over one building while the rest of the country mobilized to stop them? How do you even pull off a coup in such a federalized country?

Ok even if they pull off this ‘coup’ attempt, they’d be like two dozen guys in a single building who would be like ‘now what’ as the rest of the German government brings out the GSG to wipe them out. You would need the entire German military to back the coup for it to succeed.

Reminds me of fantasy novel Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett, wherein an old-rear end Conan The Barbarian variant breaks into the throne room of an ancient empire with his gang and claims he rules the empire now. When people overcome their initial confusion and gather an army to drive them out, the army refuses to fight because all the soldiers know what happens when a small group is up against insurmountable odds. I think in the end they pay the barbarians to leave.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They theoretically had the right idea, they had soldiers from the KSK, some AfD dude, some cops or sth? But all of these were just in single digit numbers so yeah it wouldn't have worked. But it's good that this got taken out and some bougie fash had to perpwalk in front of the cameras and had their houses tossed by the filth etc. Maybe it'll make the next crop think twice for a couple years before starting to organize again.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

They theoretically had the right idea, they had soldiers from the KSK, some AfD dude, some cops or sth? But all of these were just in single digit numbers so yeah it wouldn't have worked. But it's good that this got taken out and some bougie fash had to perpwalk in front of the cameras and had their houses tossed by the filth etc. Maybe it'll make the next crop think twice for a couple years before starting to organize again.

Let's see about that when the verhaftete Afd-Judge is free and sitting on the bench again after the investigation is completely bungled and all the files have been designated secret for 134 years. :twisted:

Also, here's a good tweet

https://twitter.com/Sankarasson/status/1600422133091700736?s=20&t=u1XBHxVvUsQsb5Jyk7ISng

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
holy crap

https://twitter.com/sankarasson/status/1600481836035088391?s=46&t=6OwC5maPVBgIjHBYdocp7A

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
Not good but not as bad as the funny picture on Twitter makes it out to be. All depends on if the Berlin senate knew what they were funding, see bolded part in quote below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Kentler

quote:

At the end of the 1960s, in a model experiment, he placed several neglected 13 to 15-year-old boys, whom he considered "secondary mental defectives", with pedophiles he knew, claiming that this would reintegrate them into society and to allow them to grow into mature adults.[9] Due to the criminal offense associated with it, he made this public only after its statute of limitations had expired more than a decade later.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cantide posted:

Not good but not as bad as the funny picture on Twitter makes it out to be. All depends on if the Berlin senate knew what they were funding, see bolded part in quote below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Kentler

I wonder, was he talking about the kids or the pedophiles when talking about "reintegration into society"?

Anyway, I remember reading about this years ago and my reaction was the biggest :psyduck: you can imagine

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
He was just in a Berlin State Of Mind.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Anyone got their SNAFU-SMS(T) - Staat normal, everything hosed up Short Message Service (Test)-Nachricht?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I didn't expect the sound and was mildly disoriented and terrified

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I didn't get a Benachrichtigung and I am mildly miffed about it

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Was that this morning at ~9am? Heard some messed up noises on the bus that were a little surprising.

Glad to know I'm not worthy of being informed about threats to my life and I can be vapourized free of stress and worry.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Anyone got their SNAFU-SMS(T) - Staat normal, everything hosed up Short Message Service (Test)-Nachricht?

One colleague got the SMS but no warning, another colleague got the warning but never got the SMS pre-warning, everyone else in our office got nothing

OP success! :smugbird:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think warning was only supposed to work on newer android versions and Apfelgeräte. You all might be too poor or too technikunaffin to survive the nuclear strike

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

German staatliches IT Projekt at it's finest. No one I know here in the Kaff got either the warning, nor the actual message. The Sirenen heulten, but only for a short time and pretty silent, before coming to a stop with a crackling pop. German Infrastruktur at it's finest.

tuo fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 8, 2022

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

I think warning was only supposed to work on newer android versions and Apfelgeräte. You all might be too poor or too technikunaffin to survive the nuclear strike

Actually, modern Apfelgeräte specifically have the setting for receiving test broadcasts turned off by default and did not get the warning. They would have recieved a real warning tho.

My modern trustworthy chinese phone made a sound that woke up wild life in a kilometer radius because I was outside taking a walk.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

On my Apfelgerät the function was enabled after one of the recent updates, but I still received nothing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At least this way I learned that my Blackview-phone has an active AMBLER-alert in case of kid kidnapping. I guess I better get myself a gun, just in case I receive an alarm about a kid-napping in progress close by.

Edit:

Test-broadcasts were the only alert setting on off, but my colleagues are very convinced the alert should have come as a real alert, not a "monthly test warning", so who the gently caress knows?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

tuo posted:

On my Apfelgerät the function was enabled after one of the recent updates, but I still received nothing.

On the Apfelgeräte at work the cell broadcast feature was enabled after the recent updates, BUT there also is a sub-setting that specifically disables test messages, which was selected automatically.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Another fun-fact: Vodafone users received Anleitungen on how to prepare their phones for the WARNING, while I of course, wouldn't even be aware of any strange things going on if it weren't for one of my colleagues being super-prepared

I don't listen to radio, and I look at the HAZ Online maybe once a month, so a lot of local stuff walks straight past me. It's a constant source of amusement for me that I know more about what's going on in Bavaria than my local state, just because I'm not consuming media the way the media establishment thinks is correct.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Spice World War II posted:

On the Apfelgeräte at work the cell broadcast feature was enabled after the recent updates, BUT there also is a sub-setting that specifically disables test messages, which was selected automatically.

BBK tweeted that the warning was sent on the highest priority state and NOT as a test warning, so this setting should not have affected it. So if your Apfelgerät didn't cry you will die when Putin's tanks roll in!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Eh, worked fine both on my work and private phone. Android and iOS respectively. Same for all of my colleagues.

You might all just be living in a Funkloch.

"Die Russen kommen" Sirenen worked fine too, a minute or two later.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Have you considered that everything worked correctly and everyone who was actually supposed to get a warning and survive got one? :smugdog:

e: I mean, a lot of pretty hurtful things have been said about bundesregierung itt over the years by exactly the people who didn't get warnings

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 8, 2022

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
not only did I get the normal warning, Katwarn also did one, with a seperate tone!

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
4/9 success rate in my Arbeitsgruppe.
No Telekom customers received it, but even the one guy with just an emergency phone (brick phone without SIM card) got it :dumbbravo:

No one received the Entwarnung though.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

Have you considered that everything worked correctly and everyone who was actually supposed to get a warning and survive got one? :smugdog:

:comfyoot:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Spin And Speed posted:

No Telekom customers received it, but even the one guy with just an emergency phone (brick phone without SIM card) got it :dumbbravo:

Interesting, I’m Telekom too and I didn’t get anything and assumed it was because my iOS wasn’t fully up to date - but I did get an advance warning by SMS a week or so ago.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spin And Speed posted:

Wait, there was supposed to be an Entwarnung? :psyduck:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Libluini posted:

No going forward you are to remain alarmed at all times

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah Saruman got royally hosed when that didn’t go through

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

Eh, worked fine both on my work and private phone. Android and iOS respectively. Same for all of my colleagues.

You might all just be living in a Funkloch.

"Die Russen kommen" Sirenen worked fine too, a minute or two later.

I got the warning in my Funkloch of a village. My colleagues in the office with work iphones didn't even though there is 5G coverage there. However, we are currently working on a Chinese contract, so I am assuming our Habaerbeck human rights duumvirate made sure none of our work phones would get any alarms

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I'm pretty loving disgusted with the fact that in Germany the standard sounds for the emergency broadcast system isn't "alARM... aaalAARM"

you know the one

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I got a "Presidential Alert" and had to check the news in case our government had changed or someone had given Steinmeier the keys to the Notfallwarnsystem.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Libluini posted:

Upon googling it, only on certain apps e.g. Katwarn or Nina. At 11:45.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Spin And Speed posted:

Upon googling it, only on certain apps e.g. Katwarn or Nina. At 11:45.

There was also an Entwarnung per siren here.
They even finally fixed that one siren near my house that always blared a few minutes later then the other ones.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It took me 30 seconds to figure out why an Entwarnung would have been relevant to Saruman

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

aphid_licker posted:

It took me 30 seconds to figure out why an Entwarnung would have been relevant to Saruman

Same.

But totally worth it. :golfclap:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

aphid_licker posted:

Ooooohhhh

Goddamn, Zwille

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ephex posted:

I'm pretty loving disgusted with the fact that in Germany the standard sounds for the emergency broadcast system isn't "alARM... aaalAARM"

you know the one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-uif8SYYs