Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I am the Wong Lover, one of us can only lie, and one can only tell the truth.

That said I wouldn’t spend tokens on any wave 3 cards, personally. You’ll unlock them sooner or later, better to save for the bigger stuff imo

On the other hand, those 6000 ones will likely become 3000 in time, and the 3000s will make their way down to 1000. Other than She Hulk, I'm not sure any Series4/5 are worth getting now ahead of working to complete your Series 3. Completing Series 3 comes with the bonus of getting more tokens as your continue up the track (I think we're talking a couple months for most people though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

canyonero posted:

On the other hand, those 6000 ones will likely become 3000 in time, and the 3000s will make their way down to 1000. Other than She Hulk, I'm not sure any Series4/5 are worth getting now ahead of working to complete your Series 3. Completing Series 3 comes with the bonus of getting more tokens as your continue up the track (I think we're talking a couple months for most people though).
Yes. Think about it - if absorbing man is moving to series 3 in the next four months, and your series 3 collection isnt complete until four months from now anyways, you will always be better off in 4 months having bought pool 3s instead of absorbing man.

Tokens will also never do more for you than they will now accelerating pool 3 acquisition - it will always be long-term correct to never spend tokens but you get a ton out of spending them now. I bought a few series 4 but should have only bought 3s.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The new bundle dropped.

Hearts Wild
$29.99
1500 Credits
90's Rouge variant & avatar
90's Gambit variant & avatar

.....Yeeeaaaah don't buy this. The holiday bundle is far for valuable for its price (plus you can pay with gold you earned for free if you save up)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow, this bundle makes it clear the apoc bundle is a MUST BUY. I'm so lucky I got it in time.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
lol the hub just gave me m'baku

at least it was a destruction deck

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

First of May posted:

Should I pin Shuri in the token shop? 6000 tokens is a long way off...

No. The token progression isn't fast enough to make this anywhere near worthwhile. You'll almost certainly see it cycle through multiple times again before you get even close to having the number of credits for it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

What happened here? Turn 6, I played Leader Lane 1 and he played Leader Lane 2. I got one copy of his, but he somehow got two copies of mine? Is Leader triggering recursively off itself and just filling all empty spots? That doesn't match the play vs copy logic that applies other times.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Waffleopolis posted:

The new bundle dropped.

Hearts Wild
$29.99
1500 Credits

.....Yeeeaaaah don't buy this. The holiday bundle is far for valuable for its price (plus you can pay with gold you earned for free if you save up)

It's 40 canada bucks so the value just gets worse.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I wouldn't pin Series 5 cards unless you are 1000 tokens or less to redeem one. With cards being added weekly and start dripping to Series 4 then to 3 it shuts out opportunities for you.

Vulpes posted:

What happened here? Turn 6, I played Leader Lane 1 and he played Leader Lane 2. I got one copy of his, but he somehow got two copies of mine? Is Leader triggering recursively off itself and just filling all empty spots? That doesn't match the play vs copy logic that applies other times.

It's triggering.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 8, 2022

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

edit: wrong

TengenNewsEditor fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 8, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Just realized it does make a sound when the turn is about to end, this is very good for me because I am dumb and indecisive and end up losing a lot when the turn just ends

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Vulpes posted:

Yeah it will keep on copying to fill up the lane. He had two spaces so got 2 copies.

Even better if someone drops something else somehow like a 0 cost death as each leader will also copy that. Just had a game where the opponent copied my Leader and played it turn 6 and their death. I won it handily as he ended up with 4 leaders and 1 death while I ended up with 3 leaders and 3 deaths.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Waffleopolis posted:

The new bundle dropped.

Hearts Wild
$29.99
1500 Credits

It's also only $20 on Steam. Still not worth it, but better.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jedit posted:

It's also only $20 on Steam. Still not worth it, but better.

$20 gets you 1450 gold.
1200 gold gets you 1500 credits.

So if you normally spend real money for gold, and if 250 gold is worth two variants and two avatars, it's not a bad bundle.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Pretend I'm really bad with money and don't own Rogue or Gambit, does the bundle give you the cards, or would I have to wait?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Network42 posted:

Pretend I'm really bad with money and don't own Rogue or Gambit, does the bundle give you the cards, or would I have to wait?

Yeah, it would give you the cards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Network42 posted:

You will get the variant cards and you can play with them. You'll still open the base arts later.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Are these variants in the regular loot pool as well or locked behind the store paywall?

i need to know for my friend who is an obsessive collector and makes bad decisions

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Reek posted:

Are these variants in the regular loot pool as well or locked behind the store paywall?

i need to know for my friend who is an obsessive collector and makes bad decisions

Bundle variants are exclusive, says Brode.

The Steam price has been fixed BTW, it was a bug. So don't bother.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Reek posted:

My guess is once bundles are done, they might be super rare drops in shop or caches but most likely be in the token shop rotation.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

parasyte posted:

ah is that it? I'm seeing it for $30 on iOS.

still not the greatest deal, unless you want $15 of credits and also think 90s gambit and 90s rogue are together worth another $15

edit: oh word it's $20 on steam? that's a somewhat reasonable price i guess

Reminder that 'reasonable' is only compared to the default 'money to gold/credits/...' ratio that has been set by Second Dinner as a base.

Always convert real world money through the 2 or 3 other in-game currencies to cards (or whatever) to evaluate if a certain price is actually what you feel comfortable paying for virtual cards (or whatever.)

It bears repeating that the primary reason to have multiple currencies in a game is to hide this information from you, and to make the money leaving your bank account feel less real.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Jedit posted:

The Steam price has been fixed BTW, it was a bug. So don't bother.

oh wow, yeah at $20 it was still a really big stretch but but thats like 4 or 5 whole rear end games on steam

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Good luck with my token shop so far -- I'm around CL 550 and have managed to pick up Mystique and Mysterio with my beginner tokens in the last couple days! Gonna save the last 1k either for Destroyer, Aero, or something that pairs well with whatever I pull from my caches.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
my money is safe again unless they call up some artist I actually like

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Jedit posted:

You will get the variant cards and you can play with them. You'll still open the base arts later.

God, that's bad enough value even for me.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

uXs posted:

Reminder that 'reasonable' is only compared to the default 'money to gold/credits/...' ratio that has been set by Second Dinner as a base.

Always convert real world money through the 2 or 3 other in-game currencies to cards (or whatever) to evaluate if a certain price is actually what you feel comfortable paying for virtual cards (or whatever.)

It bears repeating that the primary reason to have multiple currencies in a game is to hide this information from you, and to make the money leaving your bank account feel less real.

always, yeah. I calculated out that the best value from buying gold bars IAP, not counting any Cache/Reserve/CL income is $1=100 credits, so I look at any bundle in terms of that. The bugged price had a $5 premium for the cards, the "correct" price is a $15 premium. When a "standard" variant is $10 that's not super out of line, but still more than I would want to pay.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mystique is up in my shop, thoughts on getting her? I have a couple dumb Cerebro decks I'd like to play with her, and also have Patriot. Does she have staying power?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

The next bundle that has legit consideration:

Winter Wonderland
Releases Dec. 24 3am GMT
6000 Gold

8000 Credits
2000 Token Credits
100 Sunspot Boosters
Sunspot variant and avatar
'Tacos After This?' title

A little less than the Apoc bundle but by 1500 gold and again gold you can use if saved up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Mystique is up in my shop, thoughts on getting her? I have a couple dumb Cerebro decks I'd like to play with her, and also have Patriot. Does she have staying power?
Cerebro can't be meta because it is so trivially easy to murder with any number of tech cards (red skull is the most devastating). But it does good points and doesnt lose to commonly played cards at the moment.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Tender Bender posted:

I just picked her up in my shop. I've seen multiple streamers listing her as their #1 must-buy from the shop. She enables a ton of different archetypes (e.g. Mister Negative in addition to the ones you listed).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have Aero pinned in the shop and still 400 tokens away, am I better off unpinning and hoping I get her in a collectors stash when going up CLs?

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

priznat posted:

I have Aero pinned in the shop and still 400 tokens away, am I better off unpinning and hoping I get her in a collectors stash when going up CLs?

Pinned or not isn't going to affect your odds of pulling the card naturally, so if you wanted it enough to pin, there's nothing to gain by unpinning besides a chance at buying a card that isn't Aero. Which you'd still be 400 tokens away from.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Tender Bender posted:

I don't have her but she seems like she pushes those decks over the edge

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

doingitwrong posted:

I keep seeing people complain about bots.

Marvel Snap is a zero sum game. Every cube you gain, someone loses (it's exactly symmetrical). At the start of each season. the game takes away a huge chunk of cubes by resetting us. If no cubes were added to the economy, then less and less players would ever get a chance to reach infinite. (I have no idea what happens to the cube economy past infinite).

The way the game can inject cubes into the economy is offering us bots to play (and win) against. So long as the player base's win rate against bots is positive, more cubes become available for players to fight over, and more of us get a chance to make it to the higher ranks. Do not be sad about facing bots, they are performing an important service.

That's not entirely true. Every time you hit a new tier, you get one free level, injecting 10 cubes into the system. As in you go from 39 to 41 and so on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

She’s really good. Especially with Patriot but really, if you use any ongoing cards she helps. Works with Wong, Blue Marvel, Kazar etc, and at 3 cost she’s easy to utilize.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Vanilla Bison posted:

Pinned or not isn't going to affect your odds of pulling the card naturally, so if you wanted it enough to pin, there's nothing to gain by unpinning besides a chance at buying a card that isn't Aero. Which you'd still be 400 tokens away from.

My thinking was if I have something pinned it might just not have it come up randomly, but I have no knowledge if this is the case.

Unrelated I just found out you can cheese missions that are “win a location with x cards” but just escaping on a turn you are ahead with the right condition! :haw:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_steve posted:

So this is the deck I stole from the internet the other day, I've been having a lot of success with it so far

This is the article in question, it has some other decks in it too, but I haven't messed with them.

pre:
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Angela
# (2) Armor
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Dracula
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktvcmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This is pretty good. Thanks for sharing

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Mystique plays well in a lot of decks. Zoo as Kazar/Blue Marvel #3, Patriot, Cerebro, and I've seen her played in Devil Dino and even Discard.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Waffleopolis posted:

The new bundle dropped.

Hearts Wild
$29.99
1500 Credits

Yeah this is really bad for some reason, those cards aren't remotely worth it

I did enjoy my free Storm variant though, since I haven't unlocked regular Storm yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

priznat posted:

My thinking was if I have something pinned it might just not have it come up randomly, but I have no knowledge if this is the case.

Unrelated I just found out you can cheese missions that are “win a location with x cards” but just escaping on a turn you are ahead with the right condition! :haw:

Note: you have to wait until at least Round 4 to retreat for it to count towards missions.