Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
what's laoganma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Laterite posted:

what's laoganma?

It's "old godmother" op

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Laterite posted:

what's laoganma?

Not much what's laoganma with you?

It's a Chinese chili oil hot sauce with several varieties, usually with little salty bits like fried onions, fermented black beans, or rutabaga or peanuts. It has many imitators at this point.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Smugworth posted:

I keep burning (literally, heh) through jars of these dried chilis in oil from Trader Joe's. Does anyone know if Costco carries such a thing, perhaps in a larger jar? The flavor is wonderful and the heat is intense.

drat that looks extremely pertinent to my interests.

Love using chili crisp with refried rice and leftover chicken bits then integrate an egg in the fried rice.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Tokelau All Star posted:

Saw this in the freezer last night. I really want to pick some up but I'm pretty sure my wife would barf and then kill me if she smelled it thawing in the house.

Thai Monthong or bust! :colbert:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Johnny Truant posted:

Kimchi grilled cheese

Make sure you burn the bread and DO NOT melt the cheese

https://youtu.be/8E4cQHejFq0

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

All this chili crunch talk got me craving some Chinese at breakfast time, so I threw a few slices of that fancy rear end Costco jamon in some congee with a bit of sautéed asparagus and it was divine. I was worried it would be a bit too salty with the doufu ru but it was perfect. A highly recommended method of ingress to ham heaven.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Tokelau All Star posted:

Saw this in the freezer last night. I really want to pick some up but I'm pretty sure my wife would barf and then kill me if she smelled it thawing in the house.

My local church now has freeze dried durian.
Remember: White Elephant season is upon us.
:twisted:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Does freeze dried durian still have the smell?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mons Hubris posted:

Does freeze dried durian still have the smell?

It has a smell but not the smell

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The durian flavored bánh pía is the best snack at Costco :colbert:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Durian is good, eat it you loving cowards

:hai:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dick Fontaine posted:

All this chili crunch talk got me craving some Chinese at breakfast time, so I threw a few slices of that fancy rear end Costco jamon in some congee with a bit of sautéed asparagus and it was divine. I was worried it would be a bit too salty with the doufu ru but it was perfect. A highly recommended method of ingress to ham heaven.

No youtiao with your congee????

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i respect the durian. but im conflicted as to whether its good.

mangosteens on the other hand. i can get behind those.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The chicken yakisoba kit is pretty good, thanks to whoever brought it up earlier in the thread. It takes less than ten minutes to prepare and it's a good amount of food.

Leftover yakisoba and kim chee for lunch today (and 1.5 liters of water, thanks for looking out for my salt intake).

I'm buying and eating that durian this weekend while my wife is at work. Gonna see if my kid will give it a shot.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

No youtiao with your congee????

With zero Covid on the way out I must now prepare my body. Not too skinny. Not too fat. I swear I’m going to do it. I’m gonna finally beat the Chinese people at their most ancient and cherished game.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There's a super sweet Costco that just opened up in Mexico. There's a park on the roof and it has a parking garage with a soccer field on the top.
https://www.archpaper.com/2022/10/new-costco-mexico-citys-santa-fe-district-sprawling-urban-park/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is that a park made entirely out of astroturf?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Looks like the actual city park is just behind the building. The roof of the Costco is a green roof with real plants, not sure if those are walking trails or designs.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Slow but steady progress toward the day Costcoscant exists, the planet where the whole surface is a Costco.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ror posted:

Slow but steady progress toward the day Costcoscant exists, the planet where the whole surface is a Costco.

*waves hand*
"You don't need to check my receipt"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Tokelau All Star posted:

The chicken yakisoba kit is pretty good, thanks to whoever brought it up earlier in the thread. It takes less than ten minutes to prepare and it's a good amount of food.

Leftover yakisoba and kim chee for lunch today (and 1.5 liters of water, thanks for looking out for my salt intake).

I'm buying and eating that durian this weekend while my wife is at work. Gonna see if my kid will give it a shot.

:tipshat:

That kit makes 4 big servings; two for myself and wife for dinner and two leftover for work lunches. I also make some of the frozen veggie spring rolls as a side, which are pretty good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

one can dream

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

L

Praise be to Costco Business Center.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Y’all’s descriptions of durian had me rolling. Thanks for that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

Y’all’s descriptions of durian had me rolling. Thanks for that.

Yeah I wasn't even able to read them aloud I was laughing so hard.

They had a Bitchin sauce demo today so I picked up a mixed pack since my wife loved the Bombay flavor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BigPaddy posted:

L

Praise be to Costco Business Center.

I’m extremely jealous of the orange box of heavy duty kitchen trash bags. Can’t get that in a regular Co that I’ve seen.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I've never encountered durian before but I thought it was supposed to smell bad but taste amazing? So why are so many people saying it tastes as bad as it smells?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You should probably just try some yourself

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

*taps thread title*

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I had some durian hard candy once and the taste went from sweet and creamy to spoiled chicken. In other words, delicious

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

redreader posted:

I've never encountered durian before but I thought it was supposed to smell bad but taste amazing? So why are so many people saying it tastes as bad as it smells?

Because taste and smell are inseparable and it does indeed taste like rotting garbage. Don't be fooled.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I grew up around durian eaters and the very thought of durians right now is making me sick. If you don’t get it you never will.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My 9 year old nephew is in the family white elephant for the first time this year.

For fifteen American dollars I walked out of Costco with a set of two nerf blasters. Truly I’ve never spent so little money to make other people clean up so much mess.

PBUC

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

NewFatMike posted:

My 9 year old nephew is in the family white elephant for the first time this year.

For fifteen American dollars I walked out of Costco with a set of two nerf blasters. Truly I’ve never spent so little money to make other people clean up so much mess.

PBUC
Someone needs to go to Costco and pick up the frozen durian as a white elephant gift

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone put a hatchet in the office white elephant around 2018. I won it, of course. Made me feel so uncomfortable having it at my desk that I took it to my car in the parking lot.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got a loving gift card to a gas station today at a work white elephant. Why did you even bother to participate if that's all the effort you're going to put into it?

She got the awesome screaming goat statuette I brought which was like an extra sucker punch.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 10, 2022

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Wendigee posted:

I got a loving gift card to a gas station today at work. Why did you even bother to participate if that's all the effort you're going to put into it?

You too? They’ve been handing out $100 gas cards to me every month for 9 months now. I drive an EV so I sell it to a coworker for $60.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ours was a ten dollar limit.

I haven't checked the card but if it's really 10 bucks for a far starting I'm going to slash their tires

Edit:
Oh I somehow didn't mention that this was a white elephant gift exchange

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I thought that white elephant gifts were essentially supposed to be gag gifts.