Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I've said before, I hope OV loads up on ENGs to make up for all the games he's missed because of lockouts/covid.

That said, is there a count of all-time non-ENGs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SethRorabaugh/status/1600911541821636608?s=20&t=hM7AH_YoDB-I9Jhfh_aGLA

Hopefully this doctor isn't reading from the same tome of lore that lead Sid to the spinny chair

e: https://twitter.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1600906666622734338?s=20&t=hM7AH_YoDB-I9Jhfh_aGLA

Yeah good luck with that Sully. I feel like even before Tage became the monster he is now he always scored on the Pens. I remember even then thinking man this guy's got some mitts

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mr. Kite posted:

I've said before, I hope OV loads up on ENGs to make up for all the games he's missed because of lockouts/covid.

e: Oh I totally misread that.

Levitate posted:

he'll always be the "guy just stood there and socked dingers" player to me

e: also the "probably loaded up on all kinds of experimental peds"

e: also also "supports a fascist dictator"

Even if you memory holed his early years as a rush scoring monster, I don't see how you could look past his physicality.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 8, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Levitate posted:

Also the guy that got the nhl to actually enforce some uniform rules because of his jersey tuck and tattered breezers.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Klim Kostin is cool

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ovi will just be remembered for sliding on the ice on his back looking the wrong direction and heading to the boards, yet still sneaking the puck in somehow.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
KEVIN ROONEY IS FUCKIN GONE

HELLO MATTHEW PHILIPPS

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
For 5 minutes a night alongside a boat anchor

Nah hopefully he gets paired with backlund, I just, it's sutter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1600928201110302721?t=p9BWJ3GU2mmGSktMgECiCw&s=19

Wonder if torts will just bench him

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mennoknight posted:

KEVIN ROONEY IS FUCKIN GONE

HELLO MATTHEW PHILIPPS

Rangers waived Carpenter (finally).

Step away from the fax machine Drury, don't do it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

For 5 minutes a night alongside a boat anchor

Nah hopefully he gets paired with backlund, I just, it's sutter

I mean I'm no expert but what I want is:
Ruzicka - Lindholm - Toffoli
Huberdeau - Kadri - Mangiapane
Dube - Backlund - Phillips
who - loving - cares

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Kite posted:

Gretzky owns the ENG record of 56 I think they said during the game last night. So subtract that from his 894. Ovi now has 51 ENGs.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

this is why I’ve always been bullish on him breaking the record. the guy’s mom was a star player for the Soviets in the 70s/80s and runs the current Russian Olympic women’s basketball team, he’s the #1 most important sportswashing athlete for Putin, and the NHL’s testing is basically nonexistent. he’s gotta be on like Batman & Robin Bane levels of gear. i just wish we knew what they were so I could give some to Lafrieniere. kid needs a connection.

e: i think there’s a real chance he gets close to 1000 goals, depending on if he ever goes back to Russia. less likely now.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

HELLO MATTHEW PHILIPPS

5’7 140lbs, Johnny Gaudreau could muscle this kid off the puck lol

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I love it when tiny man play in the nhl because it makes me feel good that I could beat up a professional athlete

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

mennoknight posted:

I love it when tiny man play in the nhl because it makes me feel good that I could beat up a professional athlete

me finding Jack Hughes:

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i hope ovie's record breaking goal is reviewed for offsides and called back . peak nhl

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

mennoknight posted:

Nathan Gerbe was a delight on CBJ just to see him get some good hits in, but this picture remains very good

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Logan Stankoven (said to be 5'-7", likely shorter than that) is well on pace to play for the Stars next season to say the least, and he has that bowling ball energy where if you watch him in the WHL he hammers these 6'-5" defenseman out of their skates when they least expect it. Not sure if that will translate to the NHL

He would 100% be on the team this year except the owner of the Stars also owns the WHL team that he happens to play for and that team is hosting the memorial cup this year so the Stars sent him back down as a ringer to help them win.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 9, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Random thought but is Clayton Keller underrated? He seems awfully good for someone who has to play for Arizona.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think most stats guys would tell you that Keller is good, but that team is so putrid and usage is so important to numbers that it’s hard to compare

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

I think most stats guys would tell you that Keller is good, but that team is so putrid and usage is so important to numbers that it’s hard to compare

It's called "the David Booth effect" in my mind palace.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

It's called "the David Booth effect" in my mind palace.

I have long suspected that Florida pads its stats. Tell me how it's possible that a franchise so irrelevant always manages to have a couple 90pt guys on the roster that they end up trading for a haul before they struggle mightily to attain those same heights?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

I have long suspected that Florida pads its stats. Tell me how it's possible that a franchise so irrelevant always manages to have a couple 90pt guys on the roster that they end up trading for a haul before they struggle mightily to attain those same heights?

I think that mostly applies to a certain era of the team in the 2000s. Jokinen, Booth, Bouwmeester. It really was just getting more ice time than they probably deserved in a soft division. And then traded after their best years so there was always going to be a drop-off.

There were guys like Nathan Horton and Michael Frolik who were more or less equally productive after moving.

tbd where Huberdeau falls

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Good news RAS, both Wayne and Kevin Rooney cleared.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Misanthrope posted:

Good news RAS, both Wayne and Kevin Rooney cleared.

Carpenter too!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/Chris_Krenn/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

You gotta go out and loving want it.

(Coop did it last night)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1599140733323091969

:lol:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dude fuckin' loves card games, eh?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If by Alpha Male you actually mean piece of poo poo, then yes, I agree.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that guy a parody?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
yes

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Aphrodite posted:

Is that guy a parody?

no, although he seems to be going through a mental breakdown or something in recent months

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

He seems to have Opinions on baseball and I’m assuming they’re just as bad as the rest of his takes

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I don't think that's Nate Silver though? He's more bald.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Is that guy a parody?

he's an australian who fell in love with american values

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

N: Engvall eats a 1 game suspension for the high stick from last night's leafs/kings game.

V: Engvall gets suspended for something that shouldn't have even been a major penalty. I can think of 2 times this year bunting has been hit in a similar way and there wasn't even a penalty call.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s an open secret that Parros treats players that aren’t supposed to be tough differently from players whose livelihoods depend on being tough, if Engvall was a defensive defender in front of his own net that play would be beyond notice but he’s a soft winger who got into an altercation at centre ice. And, to be honest, the first person to be aware of that distinction should be Engvall himself, it was a dumb series of events that he’s absolutely responsible for and he shouldn’t be surprised to be disciplined.

I think DoPS is dumb and terrible but I completely understand why Engvall is eating a game here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TrueChaos posted:

N: Engvall eats a 1 game suspension for the high stick from last night's leafs/kings game.

V: Engvall gets suspended for something that shouldn't have even been a major penalty. I can think of 2 times this year bunting has been hit in a similar way and there wasn't even a penalty call.

You're right, it should have been a match and an execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Anybody who unironically uses the term 'alpha male' is someone to ignore.

Or mock, if you prefer.