Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

at the For The Children preshow in LA. got here just in time for 200 Stab Wounds for the second time in two months

Skeletal Remains is on now 😴🥱

Xibalba is next. hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I won't stand for this Skeletal Remains slander!!!

Those first 3 bands sound so good though. Wish I was born around LA just for the concerts (and being a bum on the beach).

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I've listened to Bolt Thrower today. Have you?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I mean, that's a pretty good band.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Groke posted:

I've listened to Bolt Thrower today. Have you?

I learned how to play Cenotaph on guitar this morning. I set my newest guitar up in C# standard soooo im gonna be playing a lot of Bolt Thrower and Dying Fetus songs in the near future. \m/

I need to work on dialing in a better Bolt Thrower style tone though.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
haha this is awesome. I'm seeing them Wed when they come up here w Undeath and 200 Stab Wounds. Hoping to pick up one of these bumper stickers (backstory for anyone interested). Turning Chris Barnes piss into fuckin merch is so fuckin :discourse: I love it

E: that merch store offers Undeath beach towels :xd:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I dont like Chris Barnes the person but Eaten Back to Life is the best CC album :colbert:

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Like most of the world I haven't much followed the Cavalera family's musical endeavors in more than a decade but Igor's new thing Petbrick is pretty good. I was more curious than anything else and am not generally a superfan of metal/EDM hybrids, but this project is somewhat elevated by the fact that the drumming style is so immediately recognizable. I must've listened to Beneath/Arise about a gajillion times in my youth and Igor's fingerprints are all over his contributions to this new project. You'll be listening and this little fill will pop out and you're like, "Hey wait a sec, is that- oh right, forgot it's Igor." He sounds really good and energetic, too, and the album overall isn't blowing my doors off but is definitely trying something new. Not to be a dick but I'd rather listen to something middling that stakes out new territory than slog through whatever Roots retread Max is cranking out these days :(

rivetz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 5, 2022

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

I dont like Chris Barnes the person but Eaten Back to Life is the best CC album :colbert:

Not possible when Tomb of the Mutilated and Butchered at Birth both exist. Eaten Back to Life is the third best CC album.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cannibal Corpse actually released their best album last year, somehow.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
butchered at birth has the sickest guitar tone

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
there's just so much good metal we have to argue about the stuff that isn't sometimes

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ShoogaSlim posted:

Skeletal Remains is on now 😴🥱

This better mean you'll be dreaming of Skeletal Remains when you sleep, because SR kicks rear end!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Henchman of Santa posted:

They’re so consistently good it barely makes sense. Kinda have their own Motörhead trajectory going on.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got back from the Amon Amarth show and while I have heard Obituary, I haven't ever heard, heard them. I mean, I probably have in some spotify metal list or something. But their set was pretty loving good and now I have a new favorite thing to check out. My wife will probably stab me in the face, but whatever. Carcass was cool, too. AA would probably beat Iron Maiden for best non-gore splattering metal stage show if they could somehow incorporate a Viking Eddie into it all.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Philthy posted:

Got back from the Amon Amarth show and while I have heard Obituary, I haven't ever heard, heard them. I mean, I probably have in some spotify metal list or something. But their set was pretty loving good and now I have a new favorite thing to check out. My wife will probably stab me in the face, but whatever. Carcass was cool, too. AA would probably beat Iron Maiden for best non-gore splattering metal stage show if they could somehow incorporate a Viking Eddie into it all.

Listen to Cause of Death asap :)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Listening now!

i should be in bed i work

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
carcass should've been the headliner for this tour imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

muike posted:

carcass should've been the headliner for this tour imo

this but Obituary (if were talking quality not popularity)

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I really really dislike their vocals unfortunately and contrary to some other dm bands I can't get used to it either so obituary doesn't exist in my dm listening routines

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CHOPPED IN HUARGGGH!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this album, which is a drat shame because this is some pretty loving sweet death thrash

https://bitterlossrecords-au.bandcamp.com/album/cavernous-depths

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

CHOPPED IN HUARGGGH!

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Finding Cause of Death by Obituary and The Key by Nocturnus on vinyl in the second hand bin of my local record shop was arguably my best score ever.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cause of Death is great. Listened twice now. Everything on it stands out.

The cover art is the same cover of the first Lovecraft book I read. A skimpy little paperback. I got it because the artwork was rad.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 7, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Philthy posted:

The cover art is the same cover of the first Lovecraft book I read. A skimpy little paperback. I got it because the artwork was rad.

Those covers were awesome and yeah they were probably why I started buying the books way back then

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I bought that copy because I saw it and went “gently caress yeah Cause of Death” lmao

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rob Zombie posted a pic with Chad Grey, singer of Mudvayne and it piqued my interest in checking out their 2nd album which I thought I liked. The 1st is a legit good album for nu-metal. But the 2nd continued that too and it I remembered liking this entire album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHzlut3xJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9OoXQKESnw

These being my "faves" but the rest of the album still holds up IMO.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Some new stuff that is good.

Gorepot - How Much is a Gram Over There?
https://brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/how-much-is-a-gram-over-there
Sophisticated Slam, with no fart samples.

Stabbing - Extirpated Mortal Process
https://comatosemusic.bandcamp.com/album/extirpated-mortal-process
This isn't officially out yet (comes out tomorrow), but my CD showed up today and it's extremely good. Absolutely crushing death metal, will definitely be in my top 10 this year.

Ecchymosis - Psychopathic Concupiscence Towards Homicidal Lacerations
https://ecchymosis.bandcamp.com/album/psychopathic-concupiscence-towards-homicidal-lacerations
Absolutely diseased death metal from Thailand. So gloriously sloppy.

Crypt Rot - An Ancient Summoning
https://drycough.bandcamp.com/album/an-ancient-summoning
Brutal death metal. Took a couple of spins but I really like this one now.

Iniquitous Monolith - Sledgehammered
https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sledgehammered
Sample-heavy ultra brutal death metal.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
The new Legendarium instantly catapulted into my AOTY list. Holy gently caress, what an intense listen.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I remember a lot of people saying this in 2006, 18 years into their career. Wild.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vulture Culture posted:

I remember a lot of people saying this in 2006, 18 years into their career. Wild.

To be fair, Kill was really good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Arivia posted:

To be fair, Kill was really good.

Kill is definitely my favorite CC album. But I like that kind of unbridled aggression and speed while a lot of people like more stompy riffs

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Spanish Manlove posted:

Kill is definitely my favorite CC album. But I like that kind of unbridled aggression and speed while a lot of people like more stompy riffs

I actually see "Kill" and "Violence Unimagined" as very similar due to them being albums that revitalized them after switching up guitarists as before both of these points CC was becoming a bit stale to me.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

are any of you catching Pantera on their "reunion" tour?

a mate of mine is very excited to attend one of the Europe dates but to me 84 euros is way too steep a price for this.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I actually see "Kill" and "Violence Unimagined" as very similar due to them being albums that revitalized them after switching up guitarists as before both of these points CC was becoming a bit stale to me.

Torture was really good too. Scourge of Iron was like an instant classic CC song.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Torture was really good too. Scourge of Iron was like an instant classic CC song.

Yeah, "Torture" is definitely the exception as it kicks rear end from front to back. Everything other than that between "Kill" and "Violence Unimagined" are no where near mandatory listening though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

At gwarbar and it's cool lol