Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Tender Bender posted:

Reefer Madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Opponent carefully laying out an elaborate last turn play with I mindlessly snap and play leader. It's great!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

doingitwrong posted:

One of the high power decks to beat involves destroying 4+ cards in early game, then playing Wave on 5 with Death & She Hulk in hand, giving you turn 6: Death (4-4), She-Hulk (4-2), Aero (or really anything) for a total of 30ish power.

Yeah it's not as stupid as it is with the featured location but Death + Wave is very strong. That said, it loses to this guy:

poe meater posted:

Opponent carefully laying out an elaborate last turn play with I mindlessly snap and play leader. It's great!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think leader's in my top 3 for cards i want and don't have currently. it's wild how many strategies are just beaten by 'i play the exact same cards you just did, smile'

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mushrooman posted:

Reefer Madness

Perfect. Mystique and Silver Surfer doing massive rips out of Cerebro :2bong:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

i think leader's in my top 3 for cards i want and don't have currently. it's wild how many strategies are just beaten by 'i play the exact same cards you just did, smile'

Otoh there are few things I enjoy more than watching an opponent play Leader on the same turn where I played my Destroyer

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

cirus posted:

Death popped up in my shop and I have never purchased any item faster in my life

At this point I think she's what I'm holding out for.
Seems like a good idea to keep a Discard/Movement/Destroy deck handy even if you don't main those archetypes just so you've got them for when Missions require those particular mechanics.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

They just never see the turn 6 Ultron

They drop Jubilee into Odin into Infinaut on Isle of Silence (I had a couple of dudes there, plus Patriot and Blue Marvel elsewhere). Confidently snap, they drop Hulk onto my Patriot and BM, I just throw Ultron on Isle of Silence.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

Snap has evened out for me 😌. I'm running Hela, but I don't necessarily have the cards to make it work super efficiently. It's sloppy, but like, just running a discard shell with high-powered cards on the side has been super effective for me. Ironically because I don't have great discard synergy it's been a lot less autoplaying than described on this page lol.

lmao I went up against JeffHoogland (but almost still won, stupid Hela discard!!)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Playing Infinaut decks mid-pool 2 feels like cheating. You don't even have to hit your powercurve to win. It's bonkers

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

the_american_dream posted:

Death still good outside that featured location? Genuinely asking. I thought the main attraction for her was just auto winning the last two days

I splurged on Galactus and now desperately need Death to make the deck really come together.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

I splurged on Galactus and now desperately need Death to make the deck really come together.
I had someone Electro -> T5 Galactus -> T6 Demon, Death, and America Chavez.

I still won, because White Queen is the best card in the game if you have a small collection lmao.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Got my first Pool 4 - Maria Hill. Is she, like, good for anything? I can't think of anything exciting off-hand.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Megazver posted:

Got my first Pool 4 - Maria Hill. Is she, like, good for anything? I can't think of anything exciting off-hand.

there's an archetype built around cards like the collector who really care about cards that didn't start in your deck. agent 13, cable, moon girl, etc. i don't think it really pops off unless you have the quinjet to discount them all, but it's worth keeping an eye on

edit: here's an example that looks fun, from here

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m not good at much anything else in the pool 3-5 mishmash but loving over Leader enjoyers that I see with White Queen

Put win-con in a crowded spot mirrored on their end and watch their 4 point brick come down

Or failing also play leader from said white queen

Opopanax posted:

Otoh there are few things I enjoy more than watching an opponent play Leader on the same turn where I played my Destroyer

Oh my God

And I just pulled destroyer 🤔

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 10, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Bast is in mine but I can’t think of a good use for them. They make everything 3 power so doesn’t work with Surfer. Guess it’d be good in a Zoo deck?

Bast makes everything in your hand 3 power. She absolutely works with Surfer to give them another 3 when they're in play.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

flatluigi posted:

there's an archetype built around cards like the collector who really care about cards that didn't start in your deck. agent 13, cable, moon girl, etc. i don't think it really pops off unless you have the quinjet to discount them all, but it's worth keeping an eye on

Thanks! I'll look into it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jedit posted:

Bast makes everything in your hand 3 power. She absolutely works with Surfer to give them another 3 when they're in play.

Surfer buffs your 3 cost cards, not three power. There'd be some overlap for anything three cost but 0/1/2 power but not a lot

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I pulled the Destroyer last night and decided to try out a combo of Armor, Wave, Destroyer and Zola. Unfortunately the three times it combo'd it always dropped Destroyer in the Armor lane first. Not sure if it's default or just the RNG hating me.

Are there any non-Death builds for Destroyer that work out well?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ninurta posted:

So, I pulled the Destroyer last night and decided to try out a combo of Armor, Wave, Destroyer and Zola. Unfortunately the three times it combo'd it always dropped Destroyer in the Armor lane first. Not sure if it's default or just the RNG hating me.

This (and slight variations of this) is the only deck I see people use destroyer in, but it's a very popular deck: https://marvelsnap.io/deck/spectrum-destroyer-hoogland-1458 - prof x lane is also protected from destroyer's effect.

As for your combo, I would have thought you'd want the destroyer in the armor lane to drop first. Regardless that combo does not sound good do it with Devil Dinosaurs instead.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

last three cards I got were baron mordo, rockslide, and a shocker variant :pwn:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ninurta posted:

This is mine

I usually have one lane as destrucable cards (Nova, Bucky, etc) or Colossus, a second lane where I put some powerful stuff and use Armor/Xavier/Invisible Woman to protect them, then drop Destroyer in the third

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
She Hulk in my shop but not sure she's worth all 3k of my tokens when my deck is so crap. Maybe better to save them for 3 wave 3 cards for the options?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Memnaelar posted:

She Hulk in my shop but not sure she's worth all 3k of my tokens when my deck is so crap. Maybe better to save them for 3 wave 3 cards for the options?

i think she's a no-brainer to pick up, and a lot of cards that synergize well with her are in the first two pools

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Memnaelar posted:

she rules, op. Sunspot -> Moon girl -> skip 5 -> 2 she hulks + four drop is a great combo even if you don’t have the fuckery to do the full infinaut combo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Memnaelar posted:

You could honestly slot her into a pool 2 Infininaut deck and you'd have something playable. She likes Wave but doesn't require a bunch of specific support

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

My Hela deck got me pretty far, but it’s absolutely a brain dead deck. You just discard everything until you can play Hela or Ghost Rider and hope you don’t gently caress up, but there’s very little you can actually do

I built a Hela deck and got her in every starting hand for like half a dozen games, and she ended up getting discarded in almost all of them what the hell

seriously does she have a hidden quicksilver ability or what, also why does lady sif always discard hela over hulk/infinaut/odin?

acumen fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 10, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

acumen posted:

I built a Hela deck and got her in every starting hand for like half a dozen games, and she ended up getting discarded in almost all of them what the hell

seriously does she have a hidden quicksilver ability or what, also why does lady sif always discard hela over hulk/infinaut/odin?

You definitely need Ghost Rider

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you drop Wong and snap at T5 and I snap back, just loving retreat, especially if you don't have priority. I'm about the drop the most toxic combo I can think of on you for even considering such a play.

Opponent was obviously playing a Surfer deck because the only other cards they had dropped at that point were Brood and Killmonger (when I hadn't dropped a single 1 drop at that point). They drop Wong on T5 and snap. I drop Sera and my next card is Rogue (with priority). Drop Rogue, Wolfsbane and Surfer and absolutely blow up their Mystique, Surfer play before it even has a chance to reveal. I'm pretty sure I would've won even if they had priority but I also feel the need sometimes to just absolutely be toxic to someone who thinks they've got a big brained play going (I've absolutely been on the receiving end of this before).

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I have to keep reminding myself "just believe them". If they're snapping and you're not 100% sure what their plan is and aren't confident that your cards can defeat them - just Retreat for one cube. It's fine.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love it when a Wong player drops Wong, snaps and emotes "Snap?" when I have Cosmo or Aero in hand and priority.

I hate it when a Wong player drops Wong, snaps and emotes "Snap?" when I don't have Cosmo nor Aero in hand and priority.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

acumen posted:

Some people run that off-meta Death card in Hela decks to protect Hela from Sif.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Surfer buffs your 3 cost cards, not three power. There'd be some overlap for anything three cost but 0/1/2 power but not a lot

Bast buffs Surfer himself, plus Ironheart, Wolfsbane, Bishop, Mystique, Brood (for a total of 3), Rogue, Mr Fantastic, Gambit and Lockjaw. That's not an insignificant slice of cards.

Bast has also brought Seratonin decks back to high tier because she buffs almost everything in that deck apart from Sera, who loses just 1 power post-nerf, and she also enables turn 2 Adam Warlock for greater consistency of drawing Neg and more negative cards drawn.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Memnaelar posted:

I used all my tokens on She Hulk and am very pleased. She's very flexible. Works when played early, allowing late utility drops. Works played late combing with other cards in unexpected ways. She like's lots of different cards, but I would say Sunspot is the only other card you have to have in a deck with her.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

I've been running this way more than anything else since hitting pool 3. Someone called it "brainless" or something to that effect earlier and I can't really argue with that.

I purchased Maria Hill because she feeds 1 drops to Lockjaw, allows me to actually play before turn 3 sometimes, and gives the deck some ability to contest The Raft instead of just auto-losing.

But that was probably still a mistake.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

You definitely need Ghost Rider

How'd you know??

... after looking at Ghost Rider's card, yes. Yes I do

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Memnaelar posted:

She Hulk is worth everything. Have won a huge number of games with just Sunspot, She Hulk, Black Panther, Zola on Panther

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Jedit posted:

Bots are in the game to inject cubes into the economy. Without it, you have a zero-sum game and virtually nobody would ever reach Infinite.

Regarding MCU variants: no photos because of likeness rights, but there's a few MCU art variants already in game (Ant-Man, Ultimate Namor) and there's a pretty good MCU-based Killmonger coming soon.

Yes please. I hate that homunculus killmonger default card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well I had thought I was in Tier 3, but I guess I still have like 3 cards left to get in Tier 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sometimes this game just hates you. My last four new cards were Wasp, Drax, Black Cat, and Crystal.