Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

EmbryoSteve posted:

do they care about the "optics" though?

With Easterby gone, who the hell knows, since everyone assumed he was the puppet master for a lot of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/DCarr8/status/1601072465609777152

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Well the DC went to Yale
- Ryan Fitzpatrick

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

After last night I have a little bit of renewed hope McDaniels makes his way home.

nah it just looks like the DC and maybe Derek Carr are gonna be moving out after this season.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

:sickos:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

nah it just looks like the DC and maybe Derek Carr are gonna be moving out after this season.

Not sure they can move carr after throwing the world at Adams.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure they can move carr after throwing the world at Adams.

They can. It'd be dumb as gently caress because 1) they will definitely lose Adams too if/when they do it, since Adams only came because of Carr and wanting to play with him, and 2) they will definitely do it instead of canning McDaniels when it should be in addition to canning McDaniels, but they can

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So Adams is going to become disgruntled and miserable on the Raiders and be traded for pennies on the dollar in a couple years because everyone thinks he's washed?

Great I loved this movie the last time I saw it.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Adams may demand a trade this off-season if the rumor of Brady coming to LV is true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Brady to San Fran if anywhere. Don’t think he has any interest in LV or that dud franchise

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FizFashizzle posted:

So Adams is going to become disgruntled and miserable on the Raiders and be traded for pennies on the dollar in a couple years because everyone thinks he's washed?

Great I loved this movie the last time I saw it.

That’s fine as long as it benefits a deserving team this time. Like San Francisco, or perhaps the 49ers

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There is all of a sudden a lot of local smoke from the beat writers, and some from Peter King, about Bellichicks job being in jeopardy if things don't turn around. I don't think he's in any real danger unless the team totally implodes down the stretch, which admittedly is a possibility if they can't beat Arizona and Vegas. I'd put it at like a 3 or 4/10 they would move on from him, but I can't remember any open discussion or speculation about his job status before except that brief bit a few years ago about Washington throwing him a dump truck of money if he was available

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Brady to San Fran if anywhere. Don’t think he has any interest in LV or that dud franchise

Yeah playing for SF is probably a childhood dream. I doubt he gives a poo poo about Josh McDaniels.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Allegedly he doesn't like Kyle Shanahan, but a fat stack of money is a fat stack of money

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Belichick would be on the longest leash possible. He needs to fire the fat rapist but as long as the HOF coach wants to stay he stays.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The old man needs to retire. I thought that (along with Pete needing to retire or be fired) preseason, and still do about Bill. Pete's lucky he has Geno or I'd still think it about him too

Nov 6, 2002

He needs to loving hiring some professional coaches and delegate.

Also step away from GM duties.

Neither of these will happen.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Allegedly he doesn't like Kyle Shanahan, but a fat stack of money is a fat stack of money

He grew up a big 49ers fan based on the rumblings. He apparently wanted to join San Fran in 2019 but was told no lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Would be a pretty wild, Coach K esque end to a legacy if Belichick did manage to get fired.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chris James 2 posted:

The old man needs to retire. I thought that (along with Pete needing to retire or be fired) preseason, and still do about Bill. Pete's lucky he has Geno or I'd still think it about him too

If your argument includes the phrase “lucky he has Geno” you may want to reconsider it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If your argument includes the phrase “lucky he has Geno” you may want to reconsider it.

You could always do worse than Geno Smith, like Aaron Rodgers.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Nodoze posted:

There is all of a sudden a lot of local smoke from the beat writers, and some from Peter King, about Bellichicks job being in jeopardy if things don't turn around. I don't think he's in any real danger unless the team totally implodes down the stretch, which admittedly is a possibility if they can't beat Arizona and Vegas. I'd put it at like a 3 or 4/10 they would move on from him, but I can't remember any open discussion or speculation about his job status before except that brief bit a few years ago about Washington throwing him a dump truck of money if he was available

Like others have said I would figure Belichick would never get fired unless he had 2 or more 2-15 or worse seasons.

His coaching is still phenomenal on defense, but his drafting has fallen off hard, even though people still give him the benefit of the doubt whenever he picks anyone (remember all the "I cant believe the league LET Mac Jones fall to New England" articles).

I figured most people would realize that the offense basically needed to be rebuilt from the studs up once Brady left and that would be a 3 year proposition no matter how many TE's they sign in FA.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

You could always do worse than Geno Smith, like Aaron Rodgers.

Or Russell Wilson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Breer recently said that this season is a wash but there might be some heat from Kraft about a possible retirement if things don’t get much better next season.

At that point he’ll be 4 years removed from Brady and almost 5 from their last playoff win and I guess he doesn’t like slumming with the rest of the NFL plebs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Like others have said I would figure Belichick would never get fired unless he had 2 or more 2-15 or worse seasons.

His coaching is still phenomenal on defense, but his drafting has fallen off hard, even though people still give him the benefit of the doubt whenever he picks anyone (remember all the "I cant believe the league LET Mac Jones fall to New England" articles).

I figured most people would realize that the offense basically needed to be rebuilt from the studs up once Brady left and that would be a 3 year proposition no matter how many TE's they sign in FA.

I think it's more likely we see someone brought in to be a defacto GM before we see Billy 5 Aces fired as coach. Everyone at one point had the suspicion Brady and Belichick would have retired together after one last ring and McDaniels would have taken over but just a couple years later we see that never came to fruition. So we're kind of in this weirdish spot where he's obviously on the decline but even a 75% belichick is probably a top 10 coach.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill has one number in mind and that's Don Shulas win record and he needs another 32 wins to do it, so probably another 3 or 4 years - its the only thing he hasn't achieved in football and even then I don't think its really about the numbers for Belichick and he'll be breaking down special teams plays with his grandkids around the fireplace when he does retire. I think everyone is right about his offensive staff needing to go though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you think bill would ever be the ancient defensive coordinator for his son or is his ego too large. maybe to get the son in the door as HC in the first place one day?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

He needs to loving hiring some professional coaches and delegate.

Also step away from GM duties.

Neither of these will happen.

If he does at least one of these I think he can coach in NE indefinitely. If he stubbornly keeps Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber (I forget who said that but lol) on staff then Kraft has to do something. He's just daring you at that point.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Before the start of the season, we were debating whether three consecutive losing seasons would make Belichick's seat warm or if his job was actually untouchable indefinitely.

Now his team is at 0.500 and we're already having this discussion.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Before the start of the season, we were debating whether three consecutive losing seasons would make Belichick's seat warm or if his job was actually untouchable indefinitely.

Now his team is at 0.500 and we're already having this discussion.

Because of how they're losing. Very badly via his own doing and in a situation that was pretty avoidable.

You can't be a 70 year old man and have the smallest staff in the NFL and handle the defense, the offense, special teams and be the GM.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Because of how they're losing. Very badly via his own doing and in a situation that was pretty avoidable.

You can't be a 70 year old man and have the smallest staff in the NFL and handle the defense, the offense, special teams and be the GM.

Yes you can. If you're Belichick you can do literally whatever the gently caress you want.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He can do anything he wants so long as he continues winning. He is no longer winning though. I don't think ownership will fire him but they're going to start demanding he make some changes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah to be clear I'm not suggesting the conversation is unwarranted. It was more a commentary about impermanence in the NFL.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i mean im sure its also about kraft finally seeing an opportunity to get rid of or gently caress over belicheck. there's been plenty of rumors that they don't particularly care for each other

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

A few people made the point that if you want an established name coach now is a good time because Harbaugh, Payton, Flores, and BoB (lmao) are all available. It's not like you have to decide between keeping Bill and the alternative is retreads like Mike Zimmer or Leslie Frazer like on a normal year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think mike zimmer could get lucky and have the tom coughlin realization. but he will not

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1601921984891437057

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

A few people made the point that if you want an established name coach now is a good time because Harbaugh, Payton, Flores, and BoB (lmao) are all available. It's not like you have to decide between keeping Bill and the alternative is retreads like Mike Zimmer or Leslie Frazer like on a normal year

Yeah but it also wouldn't be that appealing an opening. No way Payton would be interested.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good for him, he always seemed like a cool dude

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

do you think bill would ever be the ancient defensive coordinator for his son or is his ego too large. maybe to get the son in the door as HC in the first place one day?

Considering he is 70, I think that as soon as he wants out he is out.

BlindSite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill has one number in mind and that's Don Shulas win record and he needs another 32 wins to do it, so probably another 3 or 4 years - its the only thing he hasn't achieved in football

I honestly completely forgot about this, and I 100% agree with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

Yeah but it also wouldn't be that appealing an opening. No way Payton would be interested.
Kraft has the money he could dangle for Payton but yeah coming in, that defense will fall apart without Belichick so it would probably be a disaster.