Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RBX posted:

Is it farmable this week?

as of Duality all new dungeons are farmable. you can only open the bonus chests once a week, and you can only roll for the exotic once a week (I think both of those are per character), but you can keep running the encounters until your eyes melt into goop if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Still think they should have launched Shadowkeep as Destiny 3 instead of overwriting Destiny 2.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sunday at work posted:

That's what keeps people playing. Take that out and this thing wouldn't have made it to House of Wolves.

But it is also the root of their development issues. They wanted to make a vast, ever evolving fantasy universe but at some point early on they decided a good basis for that ambition would be a hacked to poo poo copy of Halo 2, an engine that they could barely finish Halo games in on time. So here we are again with a fantastic FPS that trips over itself at anything else.

The engine is a modified version of the Halo 3/ODST/reach engine. :eng101:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Huh, I guess that's why Destiny feels so good and bad to play in such a familiar way.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

final boss is 1590, so unless you've been a monster poopsocker you're probably not at 1600

Ah, okay - I think I thought I saw the activity listed as 1570 or something; if it's not, I'm dumb, if it's just the boss that's higher, that makes a bit more sense.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah how does it work, are the sections 1570, 1580, 1590? Or are all enemies except bosses 1570 and then the bosses are 1580 and 1590, or only the last boss, or some combo?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, power level is so obsolete

It'd be nice to just know Bosses are Tough on Legend and Difficult on Master etc

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, power level is so obsolete

It'd be nice to just know Bosses are Tough on Legend and Difficult on Master etc

Which master and legend are you talking about?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

uwaeve posted:

Yeah how does it work, are the sections 1570, 1580, 1590? Or are all enemies except bosses 1570 and then the bosses are 1580 and 1590, or only the last boss, or some combo?

It's usually like this iirc

VoW had a similar curve usually 10 per encounter?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the current ~meta~ for damaging the boss of encounter 2 of spire? I was able to get to DPS solo but I can only take off a small chunk of health with an LFR before he goes back to invulnerable and/or blasts me off the platform

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

What's the current ~meta~ for damaging the boss of encounter 2 of spire? I was able to get to DPS solo but I can only take off a small chunk of health with an LFR before he goes back to invulnerable and/or blasts me off the platform

The quicker you take down the eyes, the more time you get to damage him. You can avoid getting blasted off by staying further away, or I assume, getting into cover - the big tower arms usually have a few spots you can drop down into.

From what I understand it's just going to be a fight that's kind of poo poo to solo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, looks like it. Pew pewing with a Taipan took off less than 10% of his health. A single-shot rocket launcher did about the same amount, but I also lost some DPS time because it looks like he recovers early if you don't maintain it. I died before I could try Gjallarhorn. If that doesn't seem like an improvement I'll try Sleeper

And yeah, it's definitely going to take forever no matter what your solo loadout is

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

So, how hard would it be to solo farm for armor in spires?

I don't really want to pay 2k silver for it but that cowboy armor is pretty rad.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lexorin posted:

I don't really want to pay 2k silver for it but that cowboy armor is pretty rad.

If you can get a checkpoint for it you can complete the first chest of just "ascending the tower" solo in like five minutes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That's probably only going to get you the boots though.

Getting a full collection of the armor for fashion purposes? Probably not that hard. Solo? That's going to be miserable for most people. I don't think boss 2 and 3 are something you're going to want to solo more times then you need to get the flawless triumph.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lexorin posted:

Just run with people and let them carry you op

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Welp, looks like I'm not bothering with the dungeon or raids this weekend.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
having to go to the vault weirdly has made me do some clearing out. like it's easy to look and delete while looking for what I want, whereas with dim I can just instantly find and transfer what I want, and I'd have to make room on my character to transfer the item to be deleted and so on

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

Double primaries pubby in my Seraph Heist is not killing any champions.

All you need for the champions in a basic Seraph Heist is a sword. MAYBE a super. Just hit them until they die, it's not that complicated.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Moon activity for the weekly quest in seasonal challenges bugged for anyone else? Mine won’t progress.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Basic Poster posted:

Moon activity for the weekly quest in seasonal challenges bugged for anyone else? Mine won’t progress.

You gotta do it from the node in the HELM, not the moon. Got me too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This game without DIM is garbage lmao.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

In-game loadouts in February will make it better but getting stuff from the vault without DIM will still suck. At the very least it needs more filters.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

PERMACAV 50 posted:

It’s still got me. What mode in the helm!?! I got plunder stuff, war table stuff and robotcicle stuff. No moon stuff tho

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Basic Poster posted:

It’s still got me. What mode in the helm!?! I got plunder stuff, war table stuff and robotcicle stuff. No moon stuff tho

This one, friend:

You know, the one that doesn't say anything about the moon.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah it’s almost completely off the edge so if you aren’t scrolled over, you can’t even see it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I thought they were talking about the 'do bounties/patrols/lost sectors on the moon' thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If the story quest is on a stage that asks you to do an activity, there’s a tiny seraph icon on director nodes that lead to that activity

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
The best part about this is they put text in mods that say poo poo like “this thing shortens cool down for thing. So you can cast it more often” as if cool down is an esoteric subject. But do poo poo on the moon that has been in game a while? Nah bitch discover my riddle.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

To be SOMEWHAT fair, if you track a quest it'll put a green dongle on wherever you need to go.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I can’t believe Sony paid 3.6 billion dollars for the halo gun shooting code

On a similar vein imagine buying KFC for some large number to get the secret herbs and spices only to find out its just MSG, paprika and white pepper.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just spent about an hour on the second spire encounter, got it down to about 40% health and got physicsed into a wall. Lol

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Not sure if I am a fan of bosses having so much health for such small damage windows. It always felt like we didn't have enough time to actually put in a decent amount before they clapped/re-shielded. If there was a way to increase the damage window and 'earn' your phase a bit more, that would be more acceptable. As it was, we were slogging through trying to do damage for both bosses, to a point where it just got boring.

Also, running solo on the Harpy Boss is absolutely stupid: a Nova Bomb + full Taipan clip gives me about 1/10 of their health per damage phase.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

Not sure if I am a fan of bosses having so much health for such small damage windows. It always felt like we didn't have enough time to actually put in a decent amount before they clapped/re-shielded. If there was a way to increase the damage window and 'earn' your phase a bit more, that would be more acceptable. As it was, we were slogging through trying to do damage for both bosses, to a point where it just got boring.

Also, running solo on the Harpy Boss is absolutely stupid: a Nova Bomb + full Taipan clip gives me about 1/10 of their health per damage phase.

if you get below the white blinky health section it actually extends the harpy's dps. final boss is just, you get what you get, though.

however yeah I'll agree right now they're pretty heavily tuned, but it's also the first week of the season. Once you start getting to level and unlocking the gnarly final column artifact mods it'll get easier.

also going for cracked font of might builds and weapons and stuff

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
LFRs are definitely not the play for the two dungeon bosses, right? What are people using, rockets?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

LFRs are definitely not the play for the two dungeon bosses, right? What are people using, rockets?

LFR are good for the harpy, 2 lfr + div can work for final boss.

a demo rocket (bump in the night from haunted can get demo + chill clip and is craftable) can do work especially with starfire warlocks. or the old auto-reload + izanagi's

I've also heard lament but that seems, I dunno

oh and merciless is apparently a beast now but I tried using it and didn't really like it?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Gonna try a Well-Lament setup next time I run it, mainly because the stomps are still enough to outpace the healing you get normally.

Also gonna try a Gjallarhorn/Pack setup to help mitigate the weak point issue.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Same. Yeah, Bungie loves to make people read EVERYTHING in their quest descriptions. Poking and prodding at various things worked but you need to read the fine print.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Did my comp series, went 6-1 and got Gold 3. Was actually fun. Everybody is on the same poo poo, nobody is there for dumb bounties, just trying to win. Wasn't playing against scrubs either. Started getting all the invis hunters with the GL/Bow combo. Rift ain't that bad. If my vault wasn't full with DIM down i'd be playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RBX posted:

Was actually fun. Everybody is on the same poo poo, nobody is there for dumb bounties, just trying to win.
Comp should not progress crafted weapons, catalysts or red borders, to stop people going in to level up bullshit guns like the seasonal SMG so i can be the only one using it, it's secretly great