Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Victor Vermis posted:

I AM CALLING ZE SNAPS MIT ULTRON IN MY HAND BUT I AM NOOT SNAPEENG UNT PRAYING TO ZE RNGEEZUS FOR ULTRON IF IT EEZ NOT IN MY HAND, JA?

Fired up a stream, instantly teleported back to watching him rope every turn while examining every little fiddly detail in Shamanstone mirror matches. Lifecoach is the best.

And called it:

Lifecoach gets very vocal every time he wins against a turn 6 Leader, so swapping out Chavez for that card doubles as an inside joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm tired of seeing all the decks that I'm like one or two cards off of having but those one or two cards are either Aero or Wave.

I really want to do a Kingpin shenanigans deck but the only "move opponent's card" card I have is Juggernaut and I can't really control which lane that goes in to.

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

RevKrule posted:

I'm tired of seeing all the decks that I'm like one or two cards off of having but those one or two cards are either Aero or Wave.

I really want to do a Kingpin shenanigans deck but the only "move opponent's card" card I have is Juggernaut and I can't really control which lane that goes in to.

Just juggernaut can still do wonders if he has priority if you dropped storm previously or can displace an obvious carnage play. But i am also still waiting for Aero to show up in the shop.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Pinning to a store..? What am I missing, is there a store I don't have unlocked?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A token store unlocks at CL500.

I picked up She Hulk a couple days ago. Not sure it was the right call, because I’m far away from finishing Pool 3… but it’s a fun card so whatever.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jordan7hm posted:

A token store unlocks at CL500.

I picked up She Hulk a couple days ago. Not sure it was the right call, because I’m far away from finishing Pool 3… but it’s a fun card so whatever.

She Hulk is never a bad buy. She slots into just about any deck and can be useful. It was a smart purchase.

Angry-Alphs posted:

Just juggernaut can still do wonders if he has priority if you dropped storm previously or can displace an obvious carnage play. But i am also still waiting for Aero to show up in the shop.

I run this combo a lot in my Surfer deck even if I don't have priority. It's a great combo to ensure you lock down the lane (not talking to you White Tiger). But again, I can't pick where it bounces the card to which, fair, but also has definitely screwed me a couple times. I've got 1k tokens left and am probably gonna wait for Aero at this point (I painfully passed on both Taskmaster and Arnim Zola yesterday because of this).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RevKrule posted:

I'm tired of seeing all the decks that I'm like one or two cards off of having...

I agree with this sentiment entirely.
Especially when you pull a card you needed but you're still missing a key card.

In lighter news, just had an opponent retreat on turn 3 because my Cosmo stopped their MoonGirl from popping. Literally all that was on the field was my Lizard and Cosmo against their Collector and MoonGirl.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Don't remember if it was originally posted here or if I stole it from Twitter, but generic self-destroy + Silver Surfer is pretty fun. You've got a lot of cards you'd be running anyways in the 3-drop slot and if you really get cooking you can play two 3-drops and Death on turn 6.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Most of my games today have been against the same Patriot/Surfer deck. I think I’ve seen enough of it for one lifetime.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

goferchan posted:

Don't remember if it was originally posted here or if I stole it from Twitter, but generic self-destroy + Silver Surfer is pretty fun. You've got a lot of cards you'd be running anyways in the 3-drop slot and if you really get cooking you can play two 3-drops and Death on turn 6.
I can't tell if the opponent's cerebro or aero was their random card...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

I can't tell if the opponent's cerebro or aero was their random card...

I believe random ones always have a grey border, so Aero. I was extremely confused by the Cerebro

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

I believe random ones always have a grey border, so Aero. I was extremely confused by the Cerebro

Had someone try Bro Surfer 3 with Mystique on Bro, except they dropped Captain America on top of the 3/2 drops so Bro just buffed the captain

The Jubilee dream finally happened

The only thing I had on there prior to Jubilee was the 5 Sunspot

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

cirus posted:

Had someone try Bro Surfer 3 with Mystique on Bro, except they dropped Captain America on top of the 3/2 drops so Bro just buffed the captain

The Jubilee dream finally happened

The only thing I had on there prior to Jubilee was the 5 Sunspot

Shouldn't that have made everything 3/3, so Cerebro buffs all?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Shouldn't that have made everything 3/3, so Cerebro buffs all?

Yeah I meant Captain America was in a different lane

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I had to do the "Destroy 10 cards" mission so I threw together a deck to get it done and take my losses. It won FAR more matches than it should have. I guess I didn't totally gimp myself and ran with a theme but it did way better than expected. Surfer was clutch, and I had a few lucky Wolverine placements. Now that I'm done with it I might work on the concept again down the road..

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goferchan posted:

I believe random ones always have a grey border, so Aero.

Correct. Cards created by other cards will share a border and split effect; cards created by the game are always common.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Goose is my MVP this morning. Lock down a lane that's almost certainly gonna be looking for big drops and play a small ball deck with him.

Edit: Just had a game where I dropped Goose on Sinister London and the only location available to drop big boys was Negative Zone. Motherfucker STILL tried to bluff snap me.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 11, 2022

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Studio posted:

It should've triggered 4 times I believe? (16 with Mystique, 64 with the location or something crazy high??), and 6 times total including the initial play with Wong. Did they Star Lord and Always Makes you Draw a Rock before the Ironheart? I think they were unlucky if they did, and had no chance to win if they didn't lol

I found a screenshot just as everything was kicking off. At this point I was very confident and then poo poo started escalating...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

District X gave me an Agent 13, who then gave me another Agent 13. How exciting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

District X gave me an Agent 13, who then gave me another Agent 13. How exciting
That's pretty funny

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

cirus posted:

78 power on last turn, suck it Infinaut

I just like that there's 1 squirrel tossed in the mix for good measure.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently January's season will be focused around the Savage Land

https://marvelsnapzone.com/january-2023-season/

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Big K of Justice posted:

I just like that there's 1 squirrel tossed in the mix for good measure.

Location-winning squirrel too, would've been a tie without it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gods, so many Destruction decks are going to love that Altar of Death location.

Throw down Deadpool and it's at least 1 extra energy per turn while you jack him up to 32 at least.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Finally, more deathwave meta 😌

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Studio posted:

Finally, more deathwave meta 😌

One day I'll be able to participate in that.
I still need Death, at the very least. Other than Wave, I'm not sure who all is really "mandatory" in one.

I'm figuring Nova/Bucky/Dethlok and Carnage and Venom? Not sure who else.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Wave showed up at my store finally and I picked her up.

The next up is now Wong who is pined with... 300 credits. I guess I can hope to get the extra 700 credits made within a month I guess .

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t have wave yet but even without it destruction just feels really consistent. You don’t care so much what the opponent does. A bad armor or cosmo will ruin you, but you just retreat. Meanwhile you can pull off some big swings with death, she hulk (in my version at least), free Sabretooth etc.

But my jubilee / Zola / 6 drop deck is more fun to play so I play that instead.

I really want wave.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t bother with Wave in my Death deck, if you play it right you don’t need her, and I don’t really want to play Death early anyways in a game where Shang Chi exists

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Opopanax posted:

I don’t bother with Wave in my Death deck, if you play it right you don’t need her, and I don’t really want to play Death early anyways in a game where Shang Chi exists

Man, gently caress Shang Chi. I hate seeing his stupid face.
Even with my Infinacula deck that helps get around his bullshit.

Maximus is starting to get on my bad side too.
You'd think being able to draw 2 cards would be a good thing, but not when it's turn 6 and now your Dracula has a chance of picking Iceman or Angela instead of Infinaut or America Chavez.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

the_steve posted:

One day I'll be able to participate in that.
I still need Death, at the very least. Other than Wave, I'm not sure who all is really "mandatory" in one.

I'm figuring Nova/Bucky/Dethlok and Carnage and Venom? Not sure who else.

This is mine and it's great, love Debrii - 4 rocks for Killmonger, locked down opponent's Space Throne one game, and my personal favorite was a Patriot deck with Bar With No Name, threw a rock there on turn 6 which took all the buffs for the win

# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Moon Girl
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) She-Hulk
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3F1aXJyZWxHaXJsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Goddamn this game doesn’t want me to hit 60 this season. I just bounce between 56 and 58, except all my wins are from people retreating so it’ll be 8 games at one cube each, and then I lose one for 8 cubes

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently January's season will be focused around the Savage Land

https://marvelsnapzone.com/january-2023-season/

Zabu into Sera is going to be a bit juicy.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Psyker posted:

Zabu into Sera is going to be a bit juicy.

This seemed like gilding the lily at first but Zabu on 3, Moon Girl + any 4-drop on 4, Sera on 5, then rain all the 4-drops from your hand seems legit. And Wave can't stop it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why is Mr. Fantastic ongoing and not on reveal? This powers can’t ever adjust right? Just wondering

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

the_american_dream posted:

Why is Mr. Fantastic ongoing and not on reveal? This powers can’t ever adjust right? Just wondering

Yah if he gets moved by heimdall etc the effect moves with him to +2 on each side.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

You can steal his power with rogue or negate it with enchantress.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol, he played Morph turn 3 and it took my Ultron. Guess he didn't have a Killmonger because that was an immediate retreat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus Christ there's some kind of Holiday Apocalypse bundle in the store that is 7500 gold, which is like $60-75

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The worst part of being in Collector's Reserve boxes is that if the reward was a card, there'd be a slight pause on my phone while the card loaded. That used to mean "Cool, new card" but now it's just as likely to mean some dogshit pixel variant or whatever. :argh: