Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Badrian Dense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Best Friends posted:

the fren poo poo is genuinely disturbing, to me. the combo of infantilization and complete removal from social standards, and with it, the implied removal from society. how do these people eat. like where does the money for food come from.

just zoning out at work next to completely normal people thinking man can’t wait to go home, do some more nazi baby talk with other grown men.

It's a pretty honest expression of conservatism, really. The conservative ideal is of a golden age in the past where life was relatively simple and carefree, which is pretty equivalent to childhood. Obviously frenworld freaks are a bizarre niche and most conservatives would find them embarrassing, but their beliefs and actions actually do align.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sleeptalker posted:

It's a pretty honest expression of conservatism, really. The conservative ideal is of a golden age in the past where life was relatively simple and carefree, which is pretty equivalent to childhood. Obviously frenworld freaks are a bizarre niche and most conservatives would find them embarrassing, but their beliefs and actions actually do align.
ok now do trempl glem

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The catchphrase-y things are in-group signifying, which could be an expression of leftists being desperately aware that our understanding of the world is against the dominant political current (capitalism) and desiring reassurance that we aren't alone.

The trend towards word corruption could be related, positioning the common language as a representative element of the powers-that-be, I guess? Not really something I've thought a lot about.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol that matt has had 1990 robotic lovely computer-hardware street vendor microphone quality issues for like the last 10 vlogs and keeps getting frustrated flailing his arms around giving up after 30 seconds

god bless matt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

lol that matt has had 1990 robotic lovely computer-hardware street vendor microphone quality issues for like the last 10 vlogs and keeps getting frustrated flailing his arms around giving up after 30 seconds

god bless matt

ive been offering to go to matts house to fix his audio situation for years. he lives like 2 miles from me. matt if you're reading this let me know. im a professional. thnx

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'll see that and raise you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sleeptalker posted:

The catchphrase-y things are in-group signifying, which could be an expression of leftists being desperately aware that our understanding of the world is against the dominant political current (capitalism) and desiring reassurance that we aren't alone.

The trend towards word corruption could be related, positioning the common language as a representative element of the powers-that-be, I guess? Not really something I've thought a lot about.

Maybe it's some kind of eldritch force making itself known through our unconscious, because I occasionally have felt an inexplicable desire to post "grendlewild"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sleeptalker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBqm8uO4Cg

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I gotta hand it to American Prestige for having found a producer that sounds if anything even more irritating than Dan Bessner. A rare feat, and thematically appropriate

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

sleeptalker posted:

sleeptalker posted:

lmao at these two posts back to back

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

Maybe it's some kind of eldritch force making itself known through our unconscious, because I occasionally have felt an inexplicable desire to post "grendlewild"

dumb spastic deets: the crimes of glenndlewald

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

How are these people not wildly embarrassed of themselves

have you seen this forum

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

some plague rats posted:

lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

How are these people not wildly embarrassed of themselves

some plague rats posted:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

jesus christ

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey turns out the search maxes out at 1000 results

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They say the grammar gets worse but the grammar is fine throughout

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Grevling posted:

Sounds like a character out of this

president xi would've already liberated the north american republics with chengdu j-20s and high speed rail by 2070 lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The latest QAA premium episode is the start of a small series about Tulsi Gabbard. The cult she is a part of is completely wild, I thought they were just a breakoff of the hare krishna but it straight up was started by some a hare krishna guy who thinks he's god.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Also her career was started on the back of hating gay people, I don't know how that was overlooked.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Idk I still think doing actual baby talk to each other as a means of signalling how serious you are about preserving the white race is worse than misspelling glenn

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Dec 12, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't know how that was overlooked.

The democrats!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Also her career was started on the back of hating gay people, I don't know how that was overlooked.

:troll:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

some plague rats posted:

trmup

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tronc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

list of ranking democrats who want to establish that as a career-ending problem:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Pales in comparison to her real crimes of sometimes not supporting a war

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

she lights all of our smythe signals

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

never trust a surfer

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it has to be said: you can’t spell tulsi gabbard without Bulgaria.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gabbard says gray streak in hair serves as ‘remembrance’ of fallen service members

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Its not unusual for a Democrat

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Its not unusual for a Democrat

lil homie gay rear end

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
More like Democraps.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

bedpan posted:

lil homie gay rear end

Who told a reporter in front of his husband he'd take the gay cure in a flasb

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Liberals don't support gays, they support the idea of supporting gays so long as there's no need to confront their worldview or do anything material. We'll get a yaoi paddle girl whose homophobic in office by 2032 if we haven't already

Libs honestly believe gay marriage is the only thing that matters to the lgbts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

Liberals don't support gays, they support the idea of supporting gays so long as there's no need to confront their worldview or do anything material. We'll get a yaoi paddle girl whose homophobic in office by 2032 if we haven't already

Libs honestly believe gay marriage is the only thing that matters to the lgbts

i hate tyou as much as tulsi hates gays and muslims