Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's really funny that he's going to the one place where he probably isn't an upgrade over any of their team's wingers.

e: well maybe Tanev, but they aren't gonna scratch him

I'm guessing for a lot of the teams in front of Seattle it ended up being a cap squeeze thing.

also who is this person and why are they right

https://twitter.com/lassialanen/status/1600894757785387014

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Rangers shoulda picked up Tolvanen. he's definitely better than our 4th line. and probably Vesey. and probably more capable of playing with stars than Goodrow.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Seattle really weaponizing that cap space

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/buckfoston_/status/1602364063521984512?s=46&t=zkJEtuo4LQo13lWDWwIyQw

Canucks doing the right thing with a pending UFA while they’re “chasing” a wild card spot? What universe am I in

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/cursed_hockey/status/1602378355982082048?s=46&t=ziyatKaXO4hPa4WL7tVo3w

Heh

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/buckfoston_/status/1602364063521984512?s=46&t=zkJEtuo4LQo13lWDWwIyQw

Canucks doing the right thing with a pending UFA while they’re “chasing” a wild card spot? What universe am I in

Canucks tried to re-sign him first...which is the wrong thing to begin with. Fortunately he seems to have saved them from themselves.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Please go and get paid somewhere you have a chance of accomplishing anything Bo

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the wings really need another center but i dont think they have the assets/are willing to give up enough to get him

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Canucks tried to re-sign him first...which is the wrong thing to begin with. Fortunately he seems to have saved them from themselves.

At least he got hot at the right time...but watch Rutherford trade him for someone with a stupid contract.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

The Dirty Burger posted:

Didn’t they also say they were going to do this with Miller, then didn’t end up trading him and signed him in the summer?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
John Klingberg didn’t get a big contract because he’s a trainwreck defensively, signing a “prove it” deal with the worst team in the league seems like a poor choice in hindsight

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

John Klingberg didn’t get a big contract because he’s a trainwreck defensively, signing a “prove it” deal with the worst team in the league seems like a poor choice in hindsight

Yeah, his agent hosed him hard on that one. No way he's coming out of next summer with a max term deal like he might have pulled last summer

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
He's for sure going to get traded to a somewhat-contending team though. He will have a good playoffs. He will get signed to a dumb contract this summer. It's going to happen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/HockeyStatMiner/status/1602501169292709888

Leaving this here for when Drury trades him for a 2nd and some guy named Jonny Fart or whatever.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Chytil is a good enough player but if replacing him is your biggest offseason problem you're in pretty good shape.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

Chytil is a good enough player but if replacing him is your biggest offseason problem you're in pretty good shape.

Center is bleak as hell if hes gone.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1602509494860541953?s=46&t=bi8S0yEGHAxqoQcxUd0CpA

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

The Dirty Burger posted:

uhhh actually he was offered a big contract by the Stars and he turned it down... I've heard it rumored that the offer was around 7 million a season. turns out the market for his services wasn't quite so hot as he thought it was though :(

sad reality is he probably left 20+ mill on the table when comparing what the Stars offered him and what he's likely to earn the rest of his career.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Not only was that amazing during broadcast, it was even more fun to once again watch the Wild beat the Oilers. It’s been around 17 years straight of dominating Edmonton, and it’s even better with the current lineup. That makes 8 of 9 wins now, starting with the seven game win streak.

7 games is around 30% of Nurse’s contract. So I’m hoping it’ll be 6 more after this one.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 13, 2022

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

AntiDepressor posted:

Didn’t they also say they were going to do this with Miller, then didn’t end up trading him and signed him in the summer?

Yes, and that is exactly what they'll do with Horvat who will slump to 17 goals next year and everyone will dogpile on him too.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Starsfan posted:

uhhh actually he was offered a big contract by the Stars and he turned it down... I've heard it rumored that the offer was around 7 million a season. turns out the market for his services wasn't quite so hot as he thought it was though :(

sad reality is he probably left 20+ mill on the table when comparing what the Stars offered him and what he's likely to earn the rest of his career.

Sheesh it's the NHL version of the Noel deal. Turned down 80 mil to maybe make more and oops he's a min salary guy now

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Yes, and that is exactly what they'll do with Horvat who will slump to 17 goals next year and everyone will dogpile on him too.

I’m sure his numbers will stay the same when Bruce gets fired and Mike Yeo takes over.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

AntiDepressor posted:

I’m sure his numbers will stay the same when Bruce gets fired and Mike Yeo takes over.

It's like all of Chuck Fletcher's terrible decisions have multiplied and are taking over other clubs.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

AntiDepressor posted:

He's going to shoot 22% forever!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Get the feeling the Devils goaltending is slowly but surely regressing to the mean.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's going to shoot 22% forever!

Was checking in on Leon's numbers today and since 2018-19, over 318 games played, he has shot 20.1%. He just keeps doing it and its not something anyone has been able to do since the early 90s. (Bo Horvat will not do this of course)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Was checking in on Leon's numbers today and since 2018-19, over 318 games played, he has shot 20.1%. He just keeps doing it and its not something anyone has been able to do since the early 90s. (Bo Horvat will not do this of course)

Alex Tanguay was a career 18.6% shooter. I think because he wouldn't ever really shoot unless it was a tap-in.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Diet Crack posted:

Get the feeling the Devils goaltending is slowly but surely regressing to the mean.

They're also moving out of the easy portion of their schedule. They have the second-hardest strength of schedule through the rest of the season.

The Caps by contrast are out of the murder section of their schedule, are two points back of the wild card, have won four games in a row, have a hot hand in their backup goalie, and might get Tom Wilson back in the next month. (Although there has been nothing concrete on the latter.) It's looking less likely they'll be sellers at the deadline.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Diet Crack posted:

Will be an interesting battle tonight then because the same is happening to the Stars' shooting percentage lol

the suddenly hard scoring Stars vs. the suddenly leaky Devils

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils obviously aren't going to sustain a 21-2 pace so this regression was expected. I think they are a sicknasty team that will probably start giving up more goals as they play harder teams, the league knows about them now, and the goaltending probably regressing. I think they still win 46-50 games

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RIP this summer's free agents who were hoping to get super paid:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602708808085774337

Also for Sens fans:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602710490345611264

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’ll be the annual Presidents trophy winning team that flames out in the first round.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1602711170124840963

Yes DIGITAL ADS MAKE THE GAME MORE WATCHABLE lmao what

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
who are the fans you think they polled

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

The Devils obviously aren't going to sustain a 21-2 pace so this regression was expected. I think they are a sicknasty team that will probably start giving up more goals as they play harder teams, the league knows about them now, and the goaltending probably regressing. I think they still win 46-50 games

I hope they think they have a real opportunity this season and add to the team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, I wouldn't say more watchable but they're fine and I don't care.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I watch less hockey now than ever before because the ads give me a headache. gently caress me I guess

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, I wouldn't say more watchable but they're fine and I don't care.

Ya I don't even really notice them at all, just like before when I didn't really notice them.

Its just a really funny quote

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

shyduck posted:

I watch less hockey now than ever before because the ads give me a headache. gently caress me I guess

They don't give me a headache but they are distracting and worse still they glitch out constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

corn on the cop posted:

who are the fans you think they polled

The Bettman family.