Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Redmark posted:

I don't know if it makes sense to judge characters like that though. Eula would love to have supports that do more damage, she just can't while also fulfilling her own requirements. Meanwhile Xiangling is doing a lot of damage, but Childe's providing all the water.

I wonder what normal team has the highest share of personal damage. Maybe Itto mono-Geo?

The best Itto monogeo teams use Albedo too and he does a good chunk of off-field damage especially with Gorou buffs going on.

Xiao teams are a contender for sure, especially now that Faruzan exists and his best team is probably something like Xiao/Zhongli/Faru/Bennett instead of using Albedo.
Ayaka Freeze is up there too.

But the most extreme one I could find in the gcsim list (without a 5-star weapon plugged in) is actually the new Melt Ganyu comp that relies on burning procs:

I didn't look very exhaustively so there might be better ones.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

I didn't even know this existed until I used the mono-geo rental team for the event today.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

:wrong:

Just poking at the uploaded teams on gcsim tartaglia does around 40-45% of the damage in his best team, International, (with an equal or greater amount of damage done by xiangling) while Eula does mostly ~70% of the total team damage in her superconduct teams. (But there are a ton of different ones, IDK if one is 'the best' or what.)

Comparing the raw numbers eula's personal damage is like 50% higher than childe's, although childe teams also use xiangling so they have higher total DPS. Plus they don't get giga owned by enemies with physical res or enemies that teleport away before your sword explodes.
this is a weird comparison because nobody is running units solo so whos doing the damage isnt as important as whos enabling the damage. xiangling would be doing less damage on that team if tartag wasnt around

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Endorph posted:

this is a weird comparison because nobody is running units solo so whos doing the damage isnt as important as whos enabling the damage. xiangling would be doing less damage on that team if tartag wasnt around

I can see where it would matter and be an apt comparison, an apples to apples thing where units are competing for the same slot and role in otherwise the same team comp. That's not what's going on in that Eula vs Childe match up though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_xRTBa820

Sure, obviously normal people don't do this. On the other hand, nobody wants to compare characters with a mile-long list of caveats about specific teams and artifacts and weapons and all that. Also Eula's a better dancer, which is far more important than silly things like "damage" or "being able to hit anything with your burst."

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Really enjoyed the Nahida, Kokomi, Nilou, Collei team from one of the dungeons. Nilou especially seemed a lot of fun.

Don’t know exactly how far in the future if ever I’ll be able to make that team myself but that’s gacha :shrug:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Sure, obviously normal people don't do this. On the other hand, nobody wants to compare characters with a mile-long list of caveats about specific teams and artifacts and weapons and all that. Also Eula's a better dancer, which is far more important than silly things like "damage" or "being able to hit anything with your burst."

my thing with my eula performing better than childe has a lot to do with ease of access to dps too. my pale flame set is really subpar, save the circlet, but it and sobp gives me 10k normals and 100k+ burst with no actual setup involved. i used to play her essentially solo all the time before she got benched

you kind of have to grind for a build AND do a proper rotation to get to childe’s dps ceiling. wanderer’s the same but i mr beaned my way into 74%/230% for him. my childe’s artifacts are admittedly miserable and him being stuck with hod doesn’t help much. wonder if fontaine’ll be kind when the new hydro set inevitably comes out

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

eula was kinda cool because she could use some pretty different team compositions compared to the best characters (that all fight over the same 4~ supports) but even then she still had some overlap with freeze teams. they've done precisely 0 with physical teams since like, shenhe, and the only other thing that has helped her out since then is electo healers that can proc superconduct.

one of the more fun characters to play though, imo.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Radical posted:

eula was kinda cool because she could use some pretty different team compositions compared to the best characters (that all fight over the same 4~ supports) but even then she still had some overlap with freeze teams. they've done precisely 0 with physical teams since like, shenhe, and the only other thing that has helped her out since then is electo healers that can proc superconduct.

one of the more fun characters to play though, imo.

eula’s one of those gacha-within-the-gacha characters, because there’s always that 50/50 chance of completely missing her burst. hoyo corrected this type of character by making ayato hate on poors by relying on ping and itto’s c6 be completely on the nose

i also managed to make wanderer’s burst miss earlier today too somehow, so that clunk isn’t all poor eula’s fault

no one has managed to out-fun cyno for me. built well, the smoothness of his kit is super satisfying

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
You could always run up to someone and swap off eula, that pops off her burst early. No idea what the math is on that, besides it probably doing less damage. It's nice for when you're pretty sure everyone will be dead before the timer ticks down, instead of sadly watching the sword land while everything's turned into dust.

Hm, maybe I can stuff Eula into my performer unit with nilou and enjoy the powerful reaction of shatter :v This is not half as sensible as just using ayaka and nilou, but either way it's pretty nice to be able to bring water with you and not risk getting owned They can be dance buddies!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eula was the name of Jet Li's character in the smash action film The One, just in case anyone forgot.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

well yeah but the post i replied to saying childe does more damage than eula was comparing them directly
if you said "childe teams are better than eula teams" I wouldn't disagree
but still it's mostly a xiangling/kazuha team and you could get similar performance by dropping childe and using xingqiu or yelan instead

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eula holds the record for the starkest reversal people seemed to have on a character from initial reveal to character trailer and implementation too cause some people didn't actually read the lore and bio right. Then she started doing typical anime tsundere Ojou character stuff like dancing and sneezing and denying she cares what anyone might be saying about her and she became a community darling. She will likely feature again in whatever patch Boku no Mika is released in.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She sucks. They had to staple amber to her to try to make her likable and now amber will never have her own content again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

amber was never getting her own content again with or without eula. if anything eula saved amber from falling into the bin other launch characters like benny have.

and also eula's cool imo

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eulowns

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eula is very gay and she has a huge sword so yeah Eulowns.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not like Kaeya or Lisa ever get to do anything unless it's with some other character either.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

No Wave posted:

She sucks. They had to staple amber to her to try to make her likable and now amber will never have her own content again.

This is 100% wrong, although subjective taste etc etc

Eula's dry sense of humor is extremely funny.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

amber was never getting her own content again with or without eula.

now with even more manga erasure

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

It's not like Kaeya or Lisa ever get to do anything unless it's with some other character either.
They do a lot...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MNSNTZR posted:

now with even more manga erasure
the manga was made before the game came out op, note the use of the word 'again'

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the manga was made before the game came out op, note the use of the word 'again'

it was more a commentary that amber and collei running into each other in-game is wild low, much like hoyo doing anything with kaeya’s backstory at all or us running into gold or skirk before EOS

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MNSNTZR posted:

it was more a commentary that amber and collei running into each other in-game is wild low, much like hoyo doing anything with kaeya’s backstory at all or us running into gold or skirk before EOS
They've been doing a lot with Kaeya's backstory...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean the main antagonist is tied into kaeyas backstory i presume that is going to be relevant at some point. theyre clearly setting things up for it

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Justin_Brett posted:

That is essentially the case with everyone including the traveler.

Storywise and Gameplay wise, Genshin Impact is a game defined by character interactions with one another.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Eula hot take: her name shoulda been pronounced like Euler

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

They should give you a free EULA if you actually read the terms and conditions of service for the game, imo.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MoonCrab posted:

Eula hot take: her name shoulda been pronounced like Euler

Oil-ah, yeah I'm into that

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wait, people don't pronounce Eula as "oo-lah?

We really need a dedicated phys support though, for the few existing phys deepsers and the eventual Phys Catalyst (unknown goddess).

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
I like Eula and she served a pretty good purpose for me early on in providing an option to kill basically anything with big white numbers if needed.

Currently I like running her in my SRK team (dragon punch) of Eula, Beidou, Heizo and Jean. Just a good time in the overworld dragon strikin', parryin', big punchin' and Jean launchin' clowns all over the place.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I'm coming 1HP 2 characters dead fighting Kaeya close to losing battles, how or what should I be doing to win TCG?

I have 2 invitation letters and 3600 coins, any suggestions? I only just unlocked level 2 weekly challenges.

The most efficient way to win is to use minty meat rolls on Ayaka and accumulate enough dice on round 2 or 3 to quickly kill your opponent using either Xingqiu (for freeze) or Ayaka (for melt).

Include cards that increase your odds of getting minty meat. NRE, Strategize, Chang the Ninth, etc.

Then include cards that let you accumulate a bunch of dice. Paimon, Liben (if you can burn three dice in your first two turns), the resonance energy cards, Timmie.

Use Xingqiu/Ayaka burst on turn 1 or 2. Switch to Ayaka at the beginning of your next turn to activate her passive skill to turn her normals to ice, use minty meat, and spam normals to either freeze or melt opponents. If you get good card pulls you can use four or more normals. If you use gamblers earrings you can potentially one round kill your opponent. Kinda braindead and boring way to play but its super effective.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

sushibandit posted:

We really need a dedicated phys support though, for the few existing phys deepsers and the eventual Phys Catalyst (unknown goddess).

I would guess they pronounce it "ewe-lah"

I think Physical would have to be retooled to have interesting interactions with elements (Physical + Electro = Grounding, etc) to elicit anyone being excited about physical damage.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Maxwells Demon posted:

I think Physical would have to be retooled to have interesting interactions with elements (Physical + Electro = Grounding, etc) to elicit anyone being excited about physical damage.

I want to see the underused reactions get the level of care dendro did to bring them into their own as things, be awesome to see Overload, Electrocharge, Shatter, and Burning be actual things and not just memes. I mean I know Electrocharge was the closest to best out of them but Hyperbloom is just too good to ever want to use it. I think Superconduct is good but if there was a rework to spread around physical support so that say Xinyan doesn't have a character that's at odds with her kit, her element AND her damage type, that'd be good too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Superconduct should reduce Cryo/Electro RES, maybe make it based on EM or something. It's stupid that >90% of Cryo-Electro pairings are meaningless because its reaction is so niche. It would enable so many more teams to have a decent reaction, and -RES in particular would also open up a slot reducing the reliance on Anemo. Slim chance they'll ever touch the base reaction system again, but I can dream. I'll settle for an artifact bonus.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When I initially got this I was sure that the fourth stat would be flat defense or something, and after it was good I assumed all other rolls would be into HP%. Was very happy to be wrong!

sushibandit posted:

In the Japanese dub I think they pronounce it "e-oo-la"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Yeah, this is how I say it.

Eula's my favorite character in the game (first character I made an effort to get to lv. 90!) but my usage of her has fallen off a lot recently, due to my Ayaka working better with my Kazuha. I definitely need to reevaluate the artifact set I have on her, but man do I hate messing with those

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

So effin' envious right now

I've spend about 25 condensed on that domain so far and don't even have a single usable piece of that set even after taking 10 or so of them to level 4.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

In the Japanese dub I think they pronounce it "e-oo-la"
They pronounce it exactly how it's spelled: エウルア.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I let the game say her name and do my best to imitate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXd0LsjfwE