Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Oh for sure, but if I don't then I can pick up either Sera or Patriot when they pop up instead. Wong seems fun and very powerful but also super easy to shutdown or retreat from so not great for climbing.

True dat. I'm inclined to agree with the assessment that there are only five Series 3 cards that you should buy with tokens: Sera, Leader, Aero, Destroyer and Death. Literally anything else will wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
The only one I'm missing from that list is Sera. I think it's also fine to purchase cards that complete an archetype for you. Wave for instance is very good but only really if you already have death (and arguably she-hulk now)

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

Can you post it? I'm considering such a deck myself.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Electro
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Sandman
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Odin
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWJsZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Thanks! Pretty fun couple of games just now and took some cubes off a couple early snappers.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

No Wave posted:

Still don't think it's actually good in any firm tho tbh.

wrong

even if my opponent was rude and retreated before my hazmat could even flip

(this deck is in fact not particularly GOOD by most metrics, but it is extremely rude, which is far more important to me)

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Glad you're plugging away at this - I've kind of shelved mine until I get Juggernaut. Wondering if you've tried Sunspot here at all? He synergizes well with decks that are floating energy or passing, and can grow behind Prof X.

It is hilarious to me that—despite regularly running into the problem of wanting to put Prof X down but they have Sunspot— I've been so blinded by the Killmonger anti-synergy that I did not think that this would solve it for me. Thanks!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I love it when I get to Armor with priority in the Wong lane against Arnim Zola.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
accidentally bought a pixel variant in the store, wiping away a bunch of gold progress. gotta be more careful with taps in the store

but at least it was Yondu, who looks like a 1990s era Square RPG villain

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well I ran into someone who already has Knull, which I guess was released officially today?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well I ran into someone who already has Knull, which I guess was released officially today?

He popped in my shop at the low price of 6000 tokens. Still haven’t seen him in the wild though:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I’ve been rocking attuma all day and I think he’s actually pretty good? He works well with venom and zero, and armor, and worst case he can just sit in a storm lane if the other guys does storm+JJ.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Argh, my Infinacula deck is starting to stall out on me. Not sure if it's just bad luck or what, but I got knocked from 51 to 47. Managed to claw my way back to 49 before deciding to take a break, but yeah.

Might have to bite the bullet and try to ride the meta bandwagon, whatever the current hotness is this week.

At least I pulled The Hood at long last, seems like a number of decks I wanted to run needed him.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I pulled Drax the other day. My buddy said "Well, it could have been Quake?"

I pulled Quake today.

:negative:

I am rapidly reaching the point where ANY unlock will be a good one at least.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Someone said weekend opponents feel way more challenging than weekday opponents.

I got a tracker from snap.fan (no idea if its also horrible malware) and initial samples support this hypothesis:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nikumatic posted:

I pulled Drax the other day. My buddy said "Well, it could have been Quake?"

I pulled Quake today.

:negative:

I am rapidly reaching the point where ANY unlock will be a good one at least.

"Oh boy, new card!"
"Pixel variant unlocked!"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

the_steve posted:

"Oh boy, new card!"
"Pixel variant unlocked!"

Happened to me yesterday. :doh:

Pixel Captain Marvel isn’t the worst one, but I’ll still use the default over it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Not a lot of things bug me in games, but anyone who uses the Miss Marvel thumbs up after winning should choke to death on their own blood.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Variants are cosmetics, right? You're not getting a variant in place of a Series 3 card you don't have.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

rydiafan posted:

Not a lot of things bug me in games, but anyone who uses the Miss Marvel thumbs up after winning should choke to death on their own blood.

It's ok if they won because you did something stupid though. I absolutely thumbs up when someone plays a Leader on my Destroyer for example

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Just went up against Lamentis, Death, and Knull, so that sucked.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Pixel Variants need to have the same quality as the sprites from the Capcom Marvel games. :colbert:

Give me a Doctor Doom pixel variant of this

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rydiafan posted:

:hmmyes:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think I need to take a break from this game for a while. I get way too tilted when I get on a losing streak, just dropped from 72 to 66 and have nothing to show for playing hours of this dumb game tonight except for my blood pressure. Every game I'm either running into my deck + some pool 3 and 4 cards I don't have yet, or the opponent draws into exactly what they need, or play a perfect counter at the exact same time as me.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The new klyntar location is up. The symbiote that is created seems to be energy 1 so vulnerable to Elektra and Killmonger with no powers so buffed by Patriot. Cards don’t seem to count as destroyed.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

team overhead smash posted:

The new klyntar location is up. The symbiote that is created seems to be energy 1 so vulnerable to Elektra and Killmonger with no powers so buffed by Patriot. Cards don’t seem to count as destroyed.

It's worth noting that it captures the current power, not the base power, of your cards. So it's like Taskmaster.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Except for cards whose power is buffed by their passives, eg Devil Dino who just counts for 3 power.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Nova, Lizard, Ebon Maw could be a could combo for this Featured?

Haven't tried it, Dear Leader has other options.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
This game is busted. If I turn off your Ka-Zar, Blue Marvel, AND Mystique with Enchantress, you should not be allowed to still win. That should just be a hardcoded rule somewhere.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

uXs posted:

This game is busted. If I turn off your Ka-Zar, Blue Marvel, AND Mystique with Enchantress, you should not be allowed to still win. That should just be a hardcoded rule somewhere.

Personally, I would just play cards with bigger numbers than your opponent.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

CitizenKeen posted:

Variants are cosmetics, right? You're not getting a variant in place of a Series 3 card you don't have.

Correct. One advantage of variants is you can get a cheap +1 to your collector level if you have a bunch of boosters for the original card tho. Also if you buy a variant of a card you don't already have (ie the rogue/gambit pack) you'll still open the base card from a cache later.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lost to galactus -> knull and I think I'm done with this poo poo game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

uXs posted:

This happened to me enough to where I just took out enchantress and retreat if it’s looking like they have enough pieces.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Only time I Ms. Marvel is when I run into that rear end in a top hat that spams the “snap?” I’m losing! Thanos a million times. Usually if they have their wong combo in the location that reveals when the game ends.

That’s always an easy cosmo btw

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

i use her when something funny and cool happens like when zola gets copied a bunch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

Lost to galactus -> knull and I think I'm done with this poo poo game

Lol at how I praised their card acquisition at first but now it's even worse than Hearthstone's

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So how is the Klyntar's symbiote power determined exactly? Just the combined total power if all the cards there?

Also, what does a pool 3 move deck look like? I have Human Torch and uh... Magneto? I guess he could be used to buff Kraven

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Woohoo, pulled Jane Foster. I think she was the missing piece for a deck I wanted to run. Now if only I could remember what that deck was.
I think it was a Mr. Negative deck or something.

Scrap Dragon posted:

So how is the Klyntar's symbiote power determined exactly? Just the combined total power if all the cards there?

Also, what does a pool 3 move deck look like? I have Human Torch and uh... Magneto? I guess he could be used to buff Kraven

I think it depends now on if you want to move your cards or theirs.
For yours, you want like Cloak, Kraven, Vulture, Heimdall
For theirs, Magneto, Aero, Kingpin, Polaris

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's a shame Klyntar's effect doesn't count as 'destroy' since every single other symbiote related thing does.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah it’s bad theming. But also Destroy doesn’t need more location help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

Exactly like Venom.