Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

lol i actually remember that tumblr, god bless
sometimes i update it again when something big happens like the john deere thing but it's definitely a once in a blue moon thing

a uk magazine once interviewed me about that blog as part of a wider article about doom's anniversary and they asked for a photo to run with it, so i sent them a photo with me holding a print out of my twitter avatar in front of my face and they actually ran it without any questioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Kins posted:

sometimes i update it again when something big happens like the john deere thing but it's definitely a once in a blue moon thing

a uk magazine once interviewed me about that blog as part of a wider article about doom's anniversary and they asked for a photo to run with it, so i sent them a photo with me holding a print out of my twitter avatar in front of my face and they actually ran it without any questioning

lol cool

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Kins posted:

Nice.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

(lobs hand grenade)

FF Crystal Chronicles is the best FF game.

Them completely loving up the multiplayer aspect in the remaster was a crime.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

Lol awesome

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the scene where zidane and vivi have a male bonding moment by pissing off a cliff together is why video games are art

Quina and Vivi getting married is some of the hardest i've ever laughed at a game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I thought the new mario kart tracks would get me back into my switch, but I guess I'm waiting for the megaman battle network remakes

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Dongicus posted:

around the time elden ring came out i kept calling my cat Milly "melina" but stopped when my mum who was a nurse thought i was calling her "melena" which is what you call a turd with digested blood in it

ah, the miracle of learning something new every day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Quina and Vivi getting married is some of the hardest i've ever laughed at a game

Lol yeah

copy
Jul 26, 2007

The Kins posted:

lol

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Arrhythmia posted:

Quina getting left behind in a place that blows up only for them to show up later without anyone saying anything is my favorite thing in FF9

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Quina abandoning the party for the purpose of finding food owned

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Leal posted:

Quina owned

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i went for all the frogs so this is seared in my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ULB0pVOrw0

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Modding FF9 to remove Quina and add in a guy named Blade Badassington who likes eating frogs

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I haven't played FF9 in probably 21 or 22 years and forgot what Vivi's deal was. But, Google reminded me that Black Mages are an actual separate race from human (White Mages are not) that were mass produced bioweapons.

I forgot how weird FF9 was. Especially with the final boss being Satan who comes out of nowhere and has never been mentioned once before.

Also, Earth is a secret planet that exists inside the real planet of Terra... somehow.

"The final boss is Satan who comes out of nowhere and has never been mentioned before" is like, a series staple. 1, 3, and 4 all had it, so FF9 that was a love letter to them having it only made sense.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Quina was also my best party member, that motherfucker murders people if you teach it good skills

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Booourns posted:

Quina getting left behind in a place that blows up only for them to show up later without anyone saying anything is my favorite thing in FF9

lmfao that ownjed so much

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Quina was also my best party member, that motherfucker murders people if you teach it good skills

Blue Mages ftw in general

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ilmucche posted:

I thought the new mario kart tracks would get me back into my switch, but I guess I'm waiting for the megaman battle network remakes

The restored cut content in BN5 and 6 is so exciting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the one thing that holds ff9 back is that the minigames kind of suck. i dont know a single person who thinks tetra master compares to triple triad, and the chocograph theme is seared into my brain

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kchama posted:

"The final boss is Satan who comes out of nowhere and has never been mentioned before" is like, a series staple. 1, 3, and 4 all had it, so FF9 that was a love letter to them having it only made sense.
In a game about overcoming self-doubt, the final boss being an embodiment of entropy isn't really out of nowhere.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
theres probably a game that nails the ending better than ff9 but i havent played it yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the one thing that holds ff9 back is that the minigames kind of suck. i dont know a single person who thinks tetra master compares to triple triad, and the chocograph theme is seared into my brain

I like the chocobo minigame actually but tetra master is hot garbage

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

In a game about overcoming self-doubt, the final boss being an embodiment of entropy isn't really out of nowhere.

To be fair, it's the same as in the other games. Chaos is literally the embodiment of what the Four Fiends were causing. The Cloud of Darkness was the opposing embodiment of the previous world/cycle's 'flood of light', and FF4's final boss was talking about very briefly, but with no real indication that he was the final boss until right near the end.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im convinced tetra master is an intentional joke because that shits ridiculous

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dongicus posted:

around the time elden ring came out i kept calling my cat Milly "melina" but stopped when my mum who was a nurse thought i was calling her "melena" which is what you call a turd with digested blood in it

Just started a new run in Elden Ring and this knowledge is gonna gently caress me up the whole time, I know it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

im convinced tetra master is an intentional joke because that shits ridiculous

anyone who says they understand how everything in tetra master works is a liar

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The best part of tetra master is the one single reward you actually do get from it (the title for collecting all the cards) is bugged and doesn't happen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The best part of tetra master is the one single reward you actually do get from it (the title for collecting all the cards) is bugged and doesn't happen

Lol. Honestly it's fine that you get no real rewards from playing it since it sucks

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

dont you get something for beating cid's oglop army that one time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

dont you get something for beating cid's oglop army that one time

You get a Rebirth Ring which you can get later through synthesis or as a chocograph treasure

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Remembering FF2's original map screen and lol'ing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

steiner is my homie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

steiner is my homie

Good on him for landing a babe like Beatrix

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

steiner is my homie

mail jorts ftw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Alaois posted:

lol. it's really bad.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Good on him for landing a babe like Beatrix

Him going super saiyan with perma trance mode bc she got hurt ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Alaois posted:

it really is bad lol

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 14, 2022