Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hoo!

Zak's going to accidentally call Iris "Nan", isn't he

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

:china:

I can't help but feel like Holbrook thought he made up the phrase because it sounds funny when toxic positivity is a real thing that can make it very difficult to deal with real problems since accurate reflections of how bad a situation is are dismissed for being overly negative.

Speaking of which...

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

The present is a kiss you dummy! Kiss her!!!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I just remembered that a wedding that has been talked up for years lasted for less than a week's worth of comics and absolutely nothing happened.

I'm also starting to wonder if Greg remembers that he wrote that the break in happened a month ago. Maybe no one uses that room, so it's fine to leave glass lying around

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

The joke is sexual harassment! :shepface:

Locher Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 10, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Vargo posted:

Yeah man, that hip new trend of... being barefoot in your own home. You see that all the... Billingsley what the gently caress are you talking about old man

Clearly the Chinese have introduced it to corrupt our youth, much like they did with TikTok.

Is this a rerun? I could have sworn we saw this before. And also, Huey just saw Jasmine because he was taking a vacation at her house.

Hostile V posted:

Of Apprentices And Union Labor

Despite having read these relatively recently, I find myself wondering how Wendell didn't figure out Rudy was a wolf last year. I'm also increasingly unsure why Rudy even has this job in the first place. Yes, the scholarship (which he doesn't need anymore) was mentioned, but why would the rabbits give him the opportunity and not a rabbit?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's been a month. Sure, maybe it takes that long to get a repairman to come, but none of your two knights in shining armor could come out and tape a bit of cardboard or plastic over the window to keep out rain and critters?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way At Christmas (December 17, 19, 21, 24-25, 1923)

I would make an Animal Crossing joke but I'm not sure anyone would get it since the town dump was only in the first generation of games. Probably because this was the main thing people did with it.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Dec 14, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but your images aren't showing on the awful app for me.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Oct. 03, 1954)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 12/13/02

Brenda Starr 1/2-4/50

Smokey Stover 9/30/51

Everyday Movies 11/16/35

"Don't fall down again, dear. My nerves simply won't stand it."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

It's been weeks. There's been weather. Either get the window repaired, or board it up and tell your Dad so he can get the window repaired.

It's at the top of the main staircase. Your Dad's going to notice if he stops by for an hour.

And the burglar broke a second floor window, then presumably crawled through that tiny jagged hole that's barely smaller than the heads of any of the characters? Did they send in a drone or a trained monkey?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Oct. 03, 1954)

Or you know, fix the rampant poverty problem amongst your serfs so children aren't running around in threadbare rags.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 10, 2001)

woodn'

Great onomatopoeia

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Shel Silverstein

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Alt

The Family Circus

Alt

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Holiday Suprise 2022

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

It’s great to see Lottie and Shauna back together, just like old times. I’m getting nostalgic. This is a holiday surprise the way you like ’em.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

wow this wasnt an edit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's A&J and sex adjacent. They're never edits unless something is pixelated.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alterian posted:

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but your images aren't showing on the awful app for me.
They show for me. That’s weird. I did change image hosts from Imgur a while back because :china: so maybe that’s it.

Anyone else having this issue?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Working for me, using the android app.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Alterian posted:

They're not showing up in my browser. I think some of the alternative hosts are being blocked by firewalls.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda
In Norway we have a christmas tradition where the most popular comics are collected in albums for christmas. Sometimes the comic creators even write a special christmas story. These strips are from the 2017 Zelda christmas album and was the last strips to published before the long hiatus:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 14, 2022

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 5, 1935)

Peanuts (December 18, 1975)

Mr. Frick was one half of a very famous duo.

The Funky Winkerbean "Killing Time Before The Inevitable" Tour

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 15, 1939)

Out Our Way (July 29-31, 1940)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

"Half the people in our universe have goofy pun names so don't you dare make a goofy pun yourself!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

They show for me. That’s weird. I did change image hosts from Imgur a while back because :china: so maybe that’s it.

Anyone else having this issue?
They load fine in the app and on desktop for me. I'm inclined to blame imgpile for this.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

LvK posted:

Also come back Mister Beeg, I need more Moose and Tommy!

I’ve asked about him twice, and it’s been a month. I’m thinking now that he must have died or something. Hard to believe he’d give up Arnoldposting otherwise.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

don Jaime posted:

I’ve asked about him twice, and it’s been a month. I’m thinking now that he must have died or something. Hard to believe he’d give up Arnoldposting otherwise.

I think his comic patreon is still updating

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

don Jaime posted:

LvK posted:

I think his comic patreon is still updating

Hey ya! I'm still around!

Just been busy with stuff, including my own projects, and also, oddly enough, Arnold itself.

TL;DR: I've been in touch with Kevin McCormick about the possibility of reprinting "Arnold" in book form. Well, Kevin agreed, deals were made, and now I'm working to get all the strips in printable format for the book. Good news is I have all the dailies, but the bad news is my Sunday files are spotty, so I'm trying to get all the decent copies of them as possible.

This also means that it'd be in our best interest to stop posting "Arnold" while the book is in the works, so no more on my end, sorry! But when the book comes out (the first volume I'm hoping sometime next year if there are no snags), I'll be sure to publicize it.

Also, since my Patreon was brought up...shameless plug, I know, but any support can help make the book production easier.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mandrake makes a horrible discovery - - Girls are people!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

God, I can't possibly give a poo poo. I know Gil Thorp is a sports strip, but the sports ones are SO BORING. Hopefully we'll get back to the plot pretty soon, which is also boring and that I also don't give a poo poo about.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail still down today.

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisusedyet