Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow a 6er? better complain about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i request that the mods and admins do not work to develop three or even thirty minute probation lengths

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

i request that the mods and admins do not work to develop three or even thirty minute probation lengths

I can't even begin to imagine how angry people would get over those.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

absolutely not. the PMs we receive for 6ers are already disproportionately unhinged, a 30 minute probe would undoubtedly unleash hell on earth

speng31b
May 8, 2010

if i had the power to edit probe lengths id wait until like 1 minute before someone's sixer was up then edit it to last 30m longer

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Jazerus posted:

absolutely not. the PMs we receive for 6ers are already disproportionately unhinged, a 30 minute probe would undoubtedly unleash hell on earth

I can’t believe that people actually care about sixers. Take a nap and watch a movie and before you know it you can post again!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

if i had the power to edit probe lengths id wait until like 1 minute before someone's sixer was up then edit it to last 30m longer

i have never PMed a mod about a probe or gotten mad about being probed at all however if this happened to me i would go berserk with rage

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i have never PMed a mod about a probe or gotten mad about being probed at all however if this happened to me i would go berserk with rage

The mod version of playing "keep away" with a nerd's inhaler.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

If that were my only reason for probing AIT, I'd agree. But like I said, I don't like needlessly aggro people, and I'm not getting paid to take abuse from shitheads like that. So I'm going to probe people who are needlessly hostile, either to me or to anyone else. If you have a problem with that, take it up with an admin.

this d&d poo poo is much closer to how I expected you to use buttons

if a thread is bad, don't read it. if someone is hostile, flame them. very simple

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

this d&d poo poo is much closer to how I expected you to use buttons

if a thread is bad, don't read it. if someone is hostile, flame them. very simple

Okay, well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but here's the thing: if you're going to be a prick to me, gently caress you. I'm going to probe you.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Majorian posted:

Okay, well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but here's the thing: if you're going to be a prick to me, gently caress you. I'm going to probe you.

resign bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

you should resign then, because you will be a bad cspam mod.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

you should resign then, because you will be a bad cspam mod.

Sorry you feel that way.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Okay, well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but here's the thing: if you're going to be a prick, gently caress you. I'm going to probe you.

i don't have any feedback on this stuff related to moderation policy but i will say that going back to when i started posting in SA actively again (i guess about a year?) you and AIT have been so openly hostile to each other in such petty ways that I wish you'd just fight or gently caress or whatever it is you need to end the bloodshed

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ah, I see, you got your real buttons now, so you can dispense with the pretense.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

i don't have any feedback on this stuff related to moderation policy but i will say that going back to when i started posting in SA actively again (i guess about a year?) you and AIT have been so openly hostile to each other in such petty ways that I wish you'd just fight or gently caress or whatever it is you need to end the bloodshed

I honestly have no issue with AIT other than his hostility towards me. If he could chill even for just a little bit I'd ignore him.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I honestly have no issue with AIT other than his hostility towards me. If he could chill even for just a little bit I'd ignore him.

idk man, i have no dog in this fight. im just telling you from the outside it's looked super weird and petty from both of you, and now that you're a mod you'll just get more poo poo for using your mod powers to litigate your slapfight. Take that as you will

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

one time i quoted a "quote this for a sixer with a cool pic" post and they didn't get around to it until the next day right when i was getting ready to post, and ever since then i've thought that that would be the way to give the most annoying sixers

i assume every mod independently comes up with this idea even if it's not in the handbook

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

free all political prisoners. roger waters would accept no less.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

AIT is hostile at everyone, maybe that should be a red flag iunno

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

let's kill ait!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

nah, gently caress it, use the mod powers. you're not hitting anyone that will get you demodded.

if there's a group of people who just want to stir poo poo and be hostile towards a forum, idk, maybe they should post somewhere else, there's like four other forums where people can go "ha ha remember the cool zone and plinkey? heh", they can go post there

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

idk man, i have no dog in this fight. im just telling you from the outside it's looked super weird and petty from both of you, and now that you're a mod you'll just get more poo poo for using your mod powers to litigate your slapfight. Take that as you will

It's just as weird and petty to me, and I really don't know why it's happening, but I didn't start it. You can believe that or disbelieve that however you like, but I'm tired of it. Like I said, I don't get paid for this, so I'm just not going to put up with it anymore.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AIT is under my protection

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

isnt that a catchphrase

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lobster shirt posted:

you make the Willa Gang look like the Russian mafia

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Majorian posted:

It's just as weird and petty to me, and I really don't know why it's happening, but I didn't start it. You can believe that or disbelieve that however you like, but I'm tired of it. Like I said, I don't get paid for this, so I'm just not going to put up with it anymore.

i think u gotta tiptoe around certain posters or they wear u down with endless whining. good luck though!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

CODChimera posted:

isnt that a catchphrase

no i invented it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CODChimera posted:

i think u gotta tiptoe around certain posters or they wear u down with endless whining. good luck though!

TY, I need all I can get.

lobster shirt posted:

no i invented it

He did, it's true.

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Lpzie posted:

let's kill ait!

https://i.imgur.com/s5K0MPU.gifv

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

speng31b posted:

no notes, cspam ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
People need to chill.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

fwiw, I thought you did a pretty good job with the whole Ukraine meltdown saga and keeping things from going off the rails again. hope your experience on the forums stays positive. try not to let cspam's trademark style of low effort aggro trolling get to you too much

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

fwiw, I thought you did a pretty good job with the whole Ukraine meltdown saga and keeping things from going off the rails again. hope your experience on the forums stays positive. try not to let cspam's trademark style of low effort aggro trolling get to you too much

Thanks, I really appreciate this.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Majorian posted:

Paging NHD to give this guy a freakin lesson on the principles of ABA and reinforcement

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

speng31b posted:

Mr Hootington posted:

People need to chill.

agreed except for you specifically who need to flush trotsky down the toilet

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

Be honest - would you actually post in such a thread, or do you just want the current Trump thread to not exist? Because if it's the former, yeah, make your own. Call it the "non-lovely Trump thread" or whatever you think is appropriate. If it's the latter, then pretend like it doesn't exist and poof, wish granted.

I will forever be a big supporter of more threads. Anything to get people posting in more places is pretty much the only solution I have to deal with the Megathread Problem. That being said I accept Megathreads as a part of SA and will never be hostile towards them or anything, but it's good to mix it up as much as is possible imo.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

resign bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F Stop Posting In C-SPAM

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

let's kill ait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Dustcat posted:

AIT is hostile at everyone, maybe that should be a red flag iunno

But for AIT.