Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im going to teach azathoth how to read (posts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

CODChimera posted:

azathoths is def poor reading comprehension

He's going to probe you for punching down at him for being poor

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fortaleza posted:

He's going to probe you for punching down at him for being poor

Reread the post

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cranappleberry posted:

List of cspam mod weaknesses:
R

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You're kidding me dude lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

Reread the post

lmao that went so far over your head it's kinda impressive IMO

speng31b
May 8, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

lmao that went so far over your head it's kinda impressive IMO

or did it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

It probably would have been a better troll.
As somebody else has mentioned, I think you are pretty quick to respond and could probably do well not to be. I also think you are perhaps a little too sensitive and could roll with the punches better.

You have been making a visible effort to improve and have historically been good about constructive criticism. The Ukraine thread has been better for your work but most threads requires the same level of moderation as that one.

Yeah, I think this is correct. It's been a really stressful week and a half for me in my personal life, which means I probably shouldn't have moderated during that time. Sorry to everyone for that. I'll take my lesson and do better going forward. No more slapfights for me, no more moderating during slapfights.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cranappleberry posted:

*gets modded and immediately starts punishing posting enemies*

this will turn out fine lol

Majorian, I don't think you're a bad poster and have had good discussions with you even when I've disagreed with you. Even had some nice pms with you, but if your reaction to small scale trolling is what happened tonight then this really will not end well. Genuinely: either massively change your perspective as a mod for cspam or reconsider because this isn't supposed to be a special job, you're an internet janitor.

^^lol sat on this post for too long

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I hope whatever it is that's causing the stress gets better and keep up the mostly good work. Or don't. As you have correctly realized, you're not obligated to be modding constantly and the Ukraine thread has mostly calmed down so if you do need to step back it's probably best for the forum and more importantly for you.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dreylad posted:

im going to teach azathoth how to read (posts)

This is an actionable threat, mods??

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
That's how the tankies get you. Anyway, Az when you read this please ungas the stewie griffin politics thread. I have a post I want to make I think.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

I hope whatever it is that's causing the stress gets better and keep up the mostly good work. Or don't. As you have correctly realized, you're not obligated to be modding constantly and the Ukraine thread has mostly calmed down so if you do need to step back it's probably best for the forum and more importantly for you.

Thanks, things are going well for me now. Today was kind of the tail end of the storm, but it should be smooth sailing for me going forward. I'm happy to go back to moderating by, well, not doing much of anything at all.:)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

in my experience it's always been challenging to know when to step in and when to let the thread handle things, and I don't get it right, especially at times in the u/r thread.

that's because whether stepping in is considered "good" or not entirely depends on outcomes you can't easily predict.

for example if a mod doesn't step in and someone has a funny meltdown and tantrums away then everyone's like "thanks for not using your buttons, that was hilarious"

otoh when a mod doesn't step in and it turns into an ugly unfunny slapfight with no end in sight and people who were sleeping or at work come back to 1000 unread posts of complete garbage then everyone's like "mods, wtf!!!"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
my feedback is that it's always an escalation when a mod probes someone they're arguing with or probes someone for making fun of them. bad idea, causes drama, modding 101 stuff.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
poor noob mods failing their poo poo tests :smith:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

whole lot of posting over a 6'er lol

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

exmarx posted:

my feedback is that it's always an escalation when a mod probes someone they're arguing with or probes someone for making fun of them. bad idea, causes drama, modding 101 stuff.

For a hypothetical bad actor who is intentionally making rule breaking posts, this would make the optimal posting strategy to be making sure your worst posts always additionally personally attack every mod who could possibly take action on the post. Then you get a bunch of garbage posts making GBS threads up the forums that the mods are too afraid will make them look bad for stopping.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

For a hypothetical bad actor who is intentionally making rule breaking posts, this would make the optimal posting strategy to be making sure your worst posts always additionally personally attack every mod who could possibly take action on the post. Then you get a bunch of garbage posts making GBS threads up the forums that the mods are too afraid will make them look bad for stopping.

luckily mods are humans and not star trek enemy AIs for Kirk to defeat with logic tricks (i think, someone confirm?)

what people are saying is just that mod sass shouldn't be a probe offense, because that's cringe

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

the fyad lite where you're not allowed to use naughty words or say mean things, especially to the mods

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

For your sake I hope you at least read the Wikipedia article for “strategy of tension” if you ever get involved in irl politics

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Red Minjo posted:

Make this fellow a mod so I can sass them.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Minecraft Holmes posted:

the fyad lite where you're not allowed to use naughty words or say mean things, especially to the mods

post your ignore list again!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I think this is correct. It's been a really stressful week and a half for me in my personal life, which means I probably shouldn't have moderated during that time. Sorry to everyone for that. I'll take my lesson and do better going forward. No more slapfights for me, no more moderating during slapfights.

resign you stupid bitch

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
no give him another chance he said sorry

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I honestly don't care whether or not F Stop Fitzgerald gives me another chance. :)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

azathoth and NHD are the probably the biggest gaywads cspam has ever seen and even they have thicker skin than you. have some self-respect

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I am. That's why I'm saying that your opinion means literally nothing to me.

\/\/\/I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.\/\/\/

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Majorian posted:

I honestly don't care whether or not F Stop Fitzgerald gives me another chance. :)

well now i hate you again

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the buttons emanate a sinister, enticing energy

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

speng31b
May 8, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

the buttons emanate a sinister, enticing energy

roll that d20

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

azathoth and NHD are the probably the biggest gaywads cspam has ever seen and even they have thicker skin than you. have some self-respect

You think THAT'S the worst we've got?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cranappleberry posted:

*gets modded and immediately starts punishing posting enemies*

this will turn out fine lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

Majorian posted:

Majorian posted:

I am. That's why I'm saying that your opinion means literally nothing to me.

\/\/\/I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.\/\/\/

during the last day alone you responded to people being critical of your modship by using your buttons, saying to contact an admin if people don't like how you behave, and now these utterly unbelievable variations on how you don't care what people who are critical of you think. obviously you do. there are no stronger indicator someone should not have buttons than your behavior here. you are too fragile and reactant to be a good mod. you say no more slapfights for you, and then immediately get into a new slapfight, because you can't help yourself, and that's okay, but someone like that should not be a mod.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it might turn out funny

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

during the last day alone you responded to people being critical of your modship by using your buttons, saying to contact an admin if people don't like how you behave, and now these utterly unbelievable variations on how you don't care what people who are critical of you think. obviously you do. there are no stronger indicator someone should not have buttons than your behavior here. you are too fragile and reactant to be a good mod. you say no more slapfights for you, and then immediately get into a new slapfight, because you can't help yourself, and that's okay, but someone like that should not be a mod.

No, what this all suggests is that I'm human. I have bad days, and clearly this was one. The worst thing that came out of it was a couple of 6ers and a gassed joke thread that the OP had locked already. I will do my best to not have another bad day, but I'm not stepping down from this super-important, world-affecting position as volunteer janitor on the political shitposting sub of a dead gay comedy forum.

\/\/\/I'm sorry you had to find out this way. :( \/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 10:26 on Dec 15, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wait it wasn't just one 6er but TWO??

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

No, what this all suggests is that I'm human. I have bad days, and clearly this was one. The worst thing that came out of it was a couple of 6ers and a gassed joke thread that the OP had locked already. I will do my best to not have another bad day, but I'm not stepping down from this super-important, world-affecting position as volunteer janitor on the political shitposting sub of a dead gay comedy forum.

This is the worst possible response! Every single thing you post just makes you sound like an even bigger dickhead! Nobody gives a poo poo that you had a bad day, stop trying to make it our loving problem, you did a bunch of stupid poo poo because your skin is way too thin for this role so maybe instead of this :smuggo: routine you're attempting just stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maybe we need a different leftist shitposting subforum, one without these onerous rules and blustering IKs, something run on a more laissez faire model of freedom

wait, does that sound familiar to anyone else? I'm getting deja vu here