Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I guess. I don't really care unless I'm like a game or two away from the next ranked reward, cubes come and go with the wind in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Hooking whales is how free-to-play games operate. Maybe try to enjoy what it is rather than whinging about what it isn't.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Opopanax posted:

Non ranked would at least let you experiment with random decks you might not be willing to try otherwise

It might be confirmation bias/the algo but whenever I queue up my disjointed gray/green/blue deck I seem to steal more 8 cube wins than with whatever deck I'd otherwise be "maining".

And either way if I didn't care about rank.. that's still fun. I thought Prof X was a joke card until he carried a ton of games during a stretch of farming 25 credit upgrades.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

If you can't embrace being a "casual" as needed,

Then become the Joker and introduce a little anarchy to the meta.

Stick Doc Ock in every deck. Win or lose, it'll be interesting.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

"But when I net deck my free 2 play game, Doc Ock isn't in an optimal addition to any of the meta decks"

Then,

Uh,

Get creative or get a job?

edit: Brode wills it. (all the templar lookin' dad gamers shouting with me, "Brode Wills It!")

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Got Nick Fury from a collectors cash. This card doesn't seem to be great in the sense of winning games regularly. It does create hilarity though.

Played a game with superflow left, so I dropped fury on turn 4. Fury gave me both Galactus and Knull, and of course the left lane is empty. I drop Galactus turn 5 in that lane. My opponent drops nothing. I'm expecting Infinaut turn 6. Well, he drops Infinaut and two she hulks - which makes sense, he passed on a 6 energy round. Fortunately, Knull had 38 (thirty-eight), plus 3 from Galacus, so I win 41-40 to get 8 cubes because I think that's literally the only thing in the game that could have won against what he played as I had priority.

Knull and Galactus are each extremely stupid. And I am stupid because somehow I forgot to screenshot that.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Maneck posted:

Got Nick Fury from a collectors cash. This card doesn't seem to be great in the sense of winning games regularly. It does create hilarity though.

Played a game with superflow left, so I dropped fury on turn 4. Fury gave me both Galactus and Knull, and of course the left lane is empty. I drop Galactus turn 5 in that lane. My opponent drops nothing. I'm expecting Infinaut turn 6. Well, he drops Infinaut and two she hulks - which makes sense, he passed on a 6 energy round. Fortunately, Knull had 38 (thirty-eight), plus 3 from Galacus, so I win 41-40 to get 8 cubes because I think that's literally the only thing in the game that could have won against what he played as I had priority.

Knull and Galactus are each extremely stupid. And I am stupid because somehow I forgot to screenshot that.

That's disgusting, but also amazing. Thanks for sharing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

WOWWWWWWWW. I know the bots cheat sometimes but holy poo poo.

Just had a match where they played a Guardians deck and LITERALLY NEVER MISSED. They skipped everytime I skipped and played maximum amount of guardians on any lane I played on. Like I understand getting lucky and I understand kettling your opponent into playing only certain lanes but this was wayyyyyyy too on the nose to call it anything but direct bot cheating. Their entire play was just the Guardians cards and Spiderwoman at the end.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RevKrule posted:

WOWWWWWWWW. I know the bots cheat sometimes but holy poo poo.

Just had a match where they played a Guardians deck and LITERALLY NEVER MISSED. They skipped everytime I skipped and played maximum amount of guardians on any lane I played on. Like I understand getting lucky and I understand kettling your opponent into playing only certain lanes but this was wayyyyyyy too on the nose to call it anything but direct bot cheating. Their entire play was just the Guardians cards and Spiderwoman at the end.

Yeah, there are times where the game is just really on the nose about the fact that you're playing against "you_lose.exe" instead of another person.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The bots play with your cards face up. Permanent Daredevil, basically. They also know the results of all RNG events before they happen, and play accordingly.

They have different decks, and sometimes it doesn't play to those abilities. Guardians sure does though, ouch.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Just opened She Hulk. Can she be good in a deck without Death? I have Wave.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Banjo Bones posted:

she's good in almost every deck that can afford to take a turn off, or has to. look at infinaut/sunspot builds for ideas

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

flatluigi posted:

she's good in almost every deck that can afford to take a turn off, or has to. look at infinaut/sunspot builds for ideas

For sure, although it's a little clunky making her work with Infininaut specifically. You have to play a T4 Psylocke and then float all 6 energy on T5 in order to play them both on T6, and at that point you've basically skipped two turns which can make it really hard to win without a very big Sunspot

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

goferchan posted:

For sure, although it's a little clunky making her work with Infininaut specifically. You have to play a T4 Psylocke and then float all 6 energy on T5 in order to play them both on T6, and at that point you've basically skipped two turns which can make it really hard to win without a very big Sunspot

yeah, i meant it more as inspiration. in early pools i had a moon girl/dino deck that had a destroy package for the early game, and if i picked up she-hulk i'd consider that and maybe death to get some good cheap duplication going

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
I got She-Hulk relatively early randomly. Don't have most pool 3 cards but this is what im using her in. Dream is duplicate her with Moongirl, turn 6 do nothing(thanks to Magik) then turn 7 drop 2 She-Hulks' and The Infinaut.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (1) Quinjet
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Magik
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudDEzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYW50aXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

First of May posted:

Hooking whales is how free-to-play games operate. Maybe try to enjoy what it is rather than whinging about what it isn't.

I get the appeal of wanting to ignore the bad and trying to get everybody else to go along with that but that just leads to poo poo getting worse. I shouldn't be going "I sure miss the reasonably priced horse armor". I mean it wasn't reasonably price but it sure as gently caress looks that way these days.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 15, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Banjo Bones posted:

Then you're fine. Wave generally doesn't allow for She-Hulk and Death and a 6-drop anyway as the deck is not built to consistently kill four cards. Shulkie is your backup plan for the times you couldn't kill two, or you just don't draw Death.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jedit posted:

Then you're fine. Wave generally doesn't allow for She-Hulk and Death and a 6-drop anyway as the deck is not built to consistently kill four cards. Shulkie is your backup plan for the times you couldn't kill two, or you just don't draw Death.

I've seen some DeathWave with Shulk. If you play only Wave on 5, you can drop both on 6 without any discounts.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's possible to build a Deathwave that tries to go for 9 kills and use Moon Girl to drop two Deaths and an America Chavez. It involves Squirrel Girl, Killmonger, Debrii, and various other destroy staples.

List =

(1) Yondu
(1) Squirrel Girl
(1) The Hood
(1) Nova
(2) Carnage
(2) Bucky Barnes
(3) Killmonger
(3) Deathlok
(3) Debrii
(4) Moon Girl
(6) America Chavez
(9) Death

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Studio posted:

I've seen some DeathWave with Shulk. If you play only Wave on 5, you can drop both on 6 without any discounts.

Yes. But Deathwave really wants to be dropping the two of them plus something else, like Aero or Magneto. The bigger that last swing turn becomes, the better.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Joink posted:

I got She-Hulk relatively early randomly. Don't have most pool 3 cards but this is what im using her in. Dream is duplicate her with Moongirl, turn 6 do nothing(thanks to Magik) then turn 7 drop 2 She-Hulks' and The Infinaut.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (1) Quinjet
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Magik
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudDEzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYW50aXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I actually just got smashed by this combo, haha. I played Leader on turn 6, too. Oof!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The degree to which the stars need to line up for you to kill enough card to get Desth to zero and also hold Wave, She Hulk and something else big in time for 5 and 6 makes this dream play unlikely but exciting when it happens. The other plays like She Hulk and something big or She Hulk and Death or Desh and something big are all still perfectly good plays.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

the_steve posted:

I think it would turn him into a 0 cost with 5 power that then goes to your opponent, so, not good.

This is correct, but, say, The Peak + Bar With No Name + a Goblin card is really hilarious.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

The degree to which the stars need to line up for you to kill enough card to get Desth to zero and also hold Wave, She Hulk and something else big in time for 5 and 6 makes this dream play unlikely but exciting when it happens.

If your opponent has any 1-drops at all then Killmonger alone is usually enough to reduce a Waved Death to 0.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is the game down for anybody else?
Unable to connect to the login servers is what mine keeps saying

e: Nevermind, seems to be working now. I think it was an issue with my phone

the_steve fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 15, 2022

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

My Second Re-Reg posted:

This is correct, but, say, The Peak + Bar With No Name + a Goblin card is really hilarious.

I giant brained a Cosmo T3 -> Hobgoblin T5 on Bar With No Name once. Got my opponent to snap back on that move too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Eh. I hope they never introduce another play mode or make it any easier to gain cards. I spent 10 bux the month before last, so maybe my experience is biased (thought I doubt it- since I've never even used Miles in a deck), but I wish more free to play games took the same approach. The Snap mechanic makes it even easier to duck out of a game for minimal loss (if you care about that) if you can suss out their whale-gorged end-game. And then they get mad and spend more. Huzzah.

Okay. I think the card acquisition sucks, especially once the game takes the mask off after the first dozen hours. And my original post was that it sucks to just be constantly running into hot 3 and 4 tier cards that you don't have, while you watch your "Progress to the next card" line slowly fill up and then give you just more credits. You seem to have confused that with a complaint about Ranked mode which wasn't my point.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

When I played Clash Royale I was a fan of the draft game modes where you had to create a deck on the fly from a restricted choice of cards as well as the classic deck types where you and your opponent would each be given a random viable deck and allowed to fight it out. I could see something like that being fun here when they introduce friendly battles.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I really need to stop putting Patriot on Klyntar, holy poo poo. By then I've also probably snapped which makes it even worse.

(Half of the time I still win with the follow-up Mystique, which is interesting for 2 reasons: Mystique works even if the previous card is gone, and Patriot decks are ridiculous.)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

uXs posted:

I really need to stop putting Patriot on Klyntar, holy poo poo. By then I've also probably snapped which makes it even worse.

(Half of the time I still win with the follow-up Mystique, which is interesting for 2 reasons: Mystique works even if the previous card is gone, and Patriot decks are ridiculous.)

That's funny, I may be misremembering but I think she doesn't work if Patriot is Enchantressed? I guess in this case, Patriot still has his effect, he's just not on the board anymore.

team overhead smash posted:

When I played Clash Royale I was a fan of the draft game modes where you had to create a deck on the fly from a restricted choice of cards as well as the classic deck types where you and your opponent would each be given a random viable deck and allowed to fight it out. I could see something like that being fun here when they introduce friendly battles.

Yeah I liked the draft mode in Hearthstone, Arena. It was fun to scrape a deck together and go into a relatively level playing field.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
For some odd reason, Agent 13 keeps giving me galactus whenever I play her, but luckily I have got this strategy of putting all my cards into two of the zones and leaving the thrird one empty, which baits the other players and then winning the whole match on turn 6 with an out of the blue galactus.

I bet because there would be no reason to have him in my hand otherwise (as I am just playing with my own odd cards that I like how they look rather than any synergy) as to why this keeps working. Strange that Agent 13 keeps handing it to me though.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Banjo Bones posted:

I'm in the same boat, have She Hulk and Wave but missing Death.

I found Wave pretty underwhelming and unnecessary with just She-Hulk - often helping your opponent more than your own gameplan unless you're doing something really disgusting.

Running a deck now that aims to go Moon Girl, Skip, 2xShe-Hulk+2x Nova+Carnage. More often it's 2xShe-Hulk+Silver Queen. Most of the rest of the deck is proactive so I can drop cards turns 1-3 to line up Moon Girl and create a board for Nova.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Wave on T5 is really good if you're doing single drops and they're looking to vomit the board to end the game. If you see a bunch of low powered drops (especially 3 drops right now or very little through the first 4 turns, drop Wave.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I just pulled Death this morning :getin:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There's so much teching against T5 wave with all the leeches and leaders and galactussy. Right now I want to have the fattest T5 play possible (and preferably one that's resilient to leech, so not dino) but that honor goes to Zero decks and I don't own zero. I don't have faith in my gamora skills so I'm not sure what other fat T5 options there are.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

There's so much teching against T5 wave with all the leeches and leaders and galactussy. Right now I want to have the fattest T5 play possible (and preferably one that's resilient to leech, so not dino) but that honor goes to Zero decks and I don't own zero. I don't have faith in my gamora skills so I'm not sure what other fat T5 options there are.
How does Leech affect a T5 Dino? I guess if they have Electro or Psylocke but things have to work pretty right for that kind of deck to get much power out otherwise

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Wave on T5 is really good if you're doing single drops and they're looking to vomit the board to end the game. If you see a bunch of low powered drops (especially 3 drops right now or very little through the first 4 turns, drop Wave.

That was the plan, but with so many death decks running around in the current meta she ended up sitting in my hand most of the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

wyoak posted:

How does Leech affect a T5 Dino? I guess if they have Electro or Psylocke but things have to work pretty right for that kind of deck to get much power out otherwise
I have seen a lot of ramp into leech recently, plus I would prefer the 5 drop being playable on 6 just in case.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

That's funny, I may be misremembering but I think she doesn't work if Patriot is Enchantressed? I guess in this case, Patriot still has his effect, he's just not on the board anymore.

Yeah, that sort of makes sense, because her wording is: "If the last card you played has an Ongoing ability, this card gains it." And if he gets enchanted, he no longer has an ongoing ability. It would be different if it was "If the last card you played had an Ongoing ability, this card gains it."

But getting turned into a symbiote doesn't mean he's destroyed, otherwise Armor would stop it, which it doesn't. So logically, he's just transformed/merged into a symbiote, losing his ability in the process, which means Mystique shouldn't really work either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Leech deck loses to “dumbly out good stats through to turn 5”. If you are ahead on board when they invest a full turn on Leech, then all that’s really left is to think about where they’ll put Leader.