Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Well when of the friendship missions was us watching The Room, so yeah Midnight Suns 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mohawk Potato posted:

Well when of the friendship missions was us watching The Room, so yeah Midnight Suns 10/10

10/10? That's a hi Mark.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
goddamnit i guess i'm getting this lovely game too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Blade is suspicious that the birds aren't real.

Nico is worried Magik will call you a boomer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soonmot posted:

goddamnit i guess i'm getting this lovely game too.

It is unironically the best X-Men game ever made that just happens to not just be about X-Men characters.

Like if they used everything from this but just transplanted it to the Xavier Mansion it would be a perfect X-Men simulator.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The surprise party for Magik factors in way more heavily than I thought. I love this game so much.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dawgstar posted:

The surprise party for Magik factors in way more heavily than I thought. I love this game so much.

haha yea, talk about a little side quest that I ended up super invested in, drat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I can't decide what to do about that, because of how much I love both those characters. I'm seriously torn.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I decided not to tell Magik about the party because I thought it might be funny. It wasn't. 😟

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFTvuCl_zbw
New Hellboy game with story by Mike Mignola and Lance Reddick voicing the titular character.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Will this one be the first good Hellboy game? Will it at least be better than Dogs of the Night?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd prefer Perlman but Reddick is hardly a downgrade. That art though :discourse:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Suicide Squad game is going to be Conroy's final performance of Batman. :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Midnight Suns chat: Am I supposed to just let some of these hero ops expire? I feel I've only been running missions that aware intel caches because I need the currency to run these ops before they expire. I still haven't unlocked a character past spider-man and I'm level 10 now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Midnight Suns chat: Am I supposed to just let some of these hero ops expire? I feel I've only been running missions that aware intel caches because I need the currency to run these ops before they expire. I still haven't unlocked a character past spider-man and I'm level 10 now.

Yeah they are not that important. They give you a free card or two.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It takes what feels like a bunch of upgrades to get them to amount much.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, the trailer for the Hellboy game looked like it jumped right off off Mignola's pages, just ridiculously gorgeous.

ImpAtom posted:

It is unironically the best X-Men game ever made that just happens to not just be about X-Men characters.

Like if they used everything from this but just transplanted it to the Xavier Mansion it would be a perfect X-Men simulator.

Gah, please stop saying this, I don't like card games or X-Com or turn-based stuff but all you folks gushing over the character stuff are making me super curious about it because who doesn't want to hang out with best girl Magik and get a Cyclops Was Right shirt?

Dammit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Holy poo poo, the trailer for the Hellboy game looked like it jumped right off off Mignola's pages, just ridiculously gorgeous.

Gah, please stop saying this, I don't like card games or X-Com or turn-based stuff but all you folks gushing over the character stuff are making me super curious about it because who doesn't want to hang out with best girl Magik and get a Cyclops Was Right shirt?

Dammit.

I'm not a big XCOM or card game fan but the game is really really good.

The cards help you mix up your strategy, but all the characters are really powerful and you don't have to worry about RNG misses or anything. They even give you mooks that you can one shot every round which both makes you feel like your hero is tearing through enemies and helps beat the tougher enemies.

Plus you can have Illyana constantly throw people through portals which never gets old.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
One thing that stands out for me is that I don't feel that any of the characters are bad, I just haven't really figured out how to play them. And how the game keeps pushing me to play with all the characters just makes me want to learn them.

Also, I really like how the THREAT room is an excellent way to learn how to use a character's abilities and level them up at the same time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One thing it's hard to overstate is how much upgrading a card to + can help things. Even little things like Iron Man's Quick Blast which the + version also draws an IM card. Once I worked on upgrading the cards themselves things started to click.

That said I do think a couple of characters - especially those that rely on chains like Blade and Wolverine - do feel a tad undertuned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Dammit.

It's not really XCOM. It doesn't care a whole lot about positioning or ranges. You can run across the entire battlefield to land your attacks on any enemy you want, and positioning only matters for some effects that chain off enemies, or for environmental knockback/throw effects.

There's no cover mechanic at all, and you don't have accuracy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Some of the Smartlink stuff is fun. I will not provide context and wait for others to get there themselves. 'Puko Minoru.'

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you ever able to combine upgraded abilities or is it just the once?

Aka should I keep dupes of upgraded abilities?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Are you ever able to combine upgraded abilities or is it just the once?

Aka should I keep dupes of upgraded abilities?

Just once unless there's an unlock later in the game. I think the only reason to have dupes is if you want multiple copies in your deck.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Just once unless there's an unlock later in the game. I think the only reason to have dupes is if you want multiple copies in your deck.

Yeah. You need at most two upgraded versions of anything up to Epic and you can only have one copy of a Legendary.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
does the training room have a max level because upgrading cards gives training xp

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Soonmot posted:

does the training room have a max level because upgrading cards gives training xp

Yeah, it's like 25 I think? Also the max character level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the only card I use two of is Morningstar. I have one with a mod that nearly doubles its damage on any enemy who isn't at 100% HP.

Just literally dunking on these fools.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Can someone explain how to use wolverine

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pick him up and throw him?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

:hmmyes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fangz posted:

Not much to it. he's basically a free point for Death/Venom/Carnage, or a sneaky discard, or you just play him and see what happens

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opopanax posted:

Not much to it. he's basically a free point for Death/Venom/Carnage, or a sneaky discard, or you just play him and see what happens

I think he means Midnight Suns not Marvel Snap?

Either way, now is an incredible time for great card based Marvel games. Two absolute bangers out there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

I think he means Midnight Suns not Marvel Snap?

Either way, now is an incredible time for great card based Marvel games. Two absolute bangers out there.

Whoops got my threads mixed up

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lobok posted:

:five:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not far in MS (because I like to just do generic missions instead of story lol) but I like that everyone I have so far is pretty good. I can throw anyone on a team and succeed, even if some aren't as easy as others. I am playing on Normal difficulty, though. I imagine this changes with harder difficulties.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Pair him with Strange's damage buff and maybe some Strengthen effects, they add up on his various Chain cards. Don't over taunt unless you've gotta, he can't actually deal with a lot of enemy attention for long.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

aegof posted:

Pair him with Strange's damage buff and maybe some Strengthen effects, they add up on his various Chain cards. Don't over taunt unless you've gotta, he can't actually deal with a lot of enemy attention for long.

Yeah, Nico can also be helpful if you roll Strengthen on her Blood Magic cards.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

aegof posted:

Don't over taunt unless you've gotta, he can't actually deal with a lot of enemy attention for long.

Sounds like they got Wolverine confused with Spider-Man! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gotham knights is already 50% off during the steam winter sale lol