Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trump launched his campaign over 3 weeks ago and has been completely radio silent with no major events since then.

He finally made a public statement and is holding a press conference tomorrow. Time to start the wild speculation.

I think the most likely scenario is that he is just looking for attention for something minor. Still unclear why he decided to announce his campaign so earlier and then refuse to go out in public for nearly a month right after you do.

https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott/status/1603057785901617154

I wonder if there are any big legal announcements against him that are coming out tomorrow? Otherwise I can see him announcing that he’s going to go for Speaker of the House or that he’s launching his own investigation into Hunter Biden.

Comedy option: he has dirt on DeSantis that he wants to drop so that he can further cement his 2024 run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
RUMP TOWER

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Paracaidas posted:

Feels too soon for a remake of Please Clap:
https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1603082637324738560

Again, they had to put Paul Ryan on the pyre last time because sacrificing the Golden Boy they spent a decade building was better than Kevin running things.

He's going to announce himself as the No-Kevin Speaker candidate, and complete the Home Alone trilogy.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, a whole lot of bad news coming out of Texas...https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1603060359027658753?t=xlhUJjb2Bnhn0L9qpOhakA&s=19
https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1603065467857502209?t=shca3zmJnvbWNgJ2YSb4gw&s=19
Legit terrified for myself and friends now. I'd setup a GoFundMe to get the gently caress out of this state but I know it wouldn't get much.

Yeah I've got a trans friend trying to get out of Texas and move in the next few months, scrambling to get everything done. She describes it as 'living behind enemy lines'.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

USCE Autumn: RUMPTOWE

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Madkal posted:

Writers for The Boys probably want to see how this goes before plotting and writing the next season. They can just lift dialog word for word from Trump to give to Homelander.

Trump is too inarticulate for Homelander. But they were definitely channeling Trump and Qanon in the last season so it’s not a stretch.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

The GOP should just make Mitch Speaker. He's been an effective caucus leader in the Senate, no rule against a non-Representative being Speaker.

Mitch has been on the enemies list since at least COVID when he stopped going to the White House for meetings because everyone there had it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Trump launched his campaign over 3 weeks ago and has been completely radio silent with no major events since then.

He finally made a public statement and is holding a press conference tomorrow. Time to start the wild speculation.

I think the most likely scenario is that he is just looking for attention for something minor. Still unclear why he decided to announce his campaign so earlier and then refuse to go out in public for nearly a month right after you do.

its either dumb president run poo poo/maybe Vp or he is running for speaker.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The effort to revive the Expanded Child Tax Credit in the budget deal appears dead and the Dems are letting the R&D tax credits from Covid stimulus bills and the Trump Tax cuts expire out of spite.

The budget deal is going to be a full annual budget with all the money Biden asked for for social spending + an agreement to pass it before the Republicans take the House in exchange for $50 billion more defense spending than Biden asked for and repealing the Covid vaccine mandate in the army.

https://twitter.com/josephzeballos/status/1603096623353139201

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

The effort to revive the Expanded Child Tax Credit in the budget deal appears dead and the Dems are letting the R&D tax credits from Covid stimulus bills and the Trump Tax cuts expire out of spite.

You can call it spite if you want, but in order for it to be a credible negotiation the Democrats have to be willing to let the tax credits expire. Otherwise, they have nothing to offer.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

I still don't really understand what's happening with Fauci and the chudosphere.

Is all this renewed interest in Fauci about the "gain of function" research in Wuhan? If so, why? The last poo poo that I remember about it was from September of last year. Is there anything actually new about this gain of function research? Why is there this renewed interest and conspiracy mongering about him?

Honestly, because Covid seems like it is receding and mortality by flu is exceeding mortality by Covid in several countries (likely due to the excellent vaccines), it feels like a lot of conservatives are seemingly declaring "See? It's not a big deal after all! And Fauci locked us down for no reason!" (Yes, Fauci also locked down Europe, Asia and the rest of the world, fucktwits.)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Sir John Falstaff posted:

You can call it spite if you want, but in order for it to be a credible negotiation the Democrats have to be willing to let the tax credits expire. Otherwise, they have nothing to offer.

I was being a little blithe, but yes.

The Dems weren't fundamentally opposed to most of the R&D tax credits and were using them as a negotiating chip. So, they are sinking them because the deal fell through and not because they are fundamentally opposed to (most) of the R&D credits. I was just sarcastically summarizing it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

State anti-abortion groups are upset that the FDA decided to allow abortion pills to be sent via mail following the Dobbs decision and worried that it is undermining the ability the prevent abortions.

Now, a group in Texas is trying to get as many states as possible to ban mailing abortion pills and jail people who "traffic" them to set up a confrontation with the federal government. The federal government has warned states that they have no authority to try and stop the postal service from delivering FDA approved drugs.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1603128215584665600
Literally the same playbook that southern firebrands used with regards to abolitionist literature before the civil war.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

small butter posted:

I still don't really understand what's happening with Fauci and the chudosphere.

Is all this renewed interest in Fauci about the "gain of function" research in Wuhan? If so, why? The last poo poo that I remember about it was from September of last year. Is there anything actually new about this gain of function research? Why is there this renewed interest and conspiracy mongering about him?

Honestly, because Covid seems like it is receding and mortality by flu is exceeding mortality by Covid in several countries (likely due to the excellent vaccines), it feels like a lot of conservatives are seemingly declaring "See? It's not a big deal after all! And Fauci locked us down for no reason!" (Yes, Fauci also locked down Europe, Asia and the rest of the world, fucktwits.)

To the best of my knowledge there's no actual news regarding Fauci or supposed lab leak conspiracy theories; it's likely that some "revelation" has been ginned up entirely in the right wing fringe. I'm not quite sure where to look to seek out what it might be, since a lot of the outlets I've historically used for that purpose are actually (relatively) pro-vax.

edit: Musk has just sort of declared attacks on Fauci and endorsed the conspiracy, and DeSantis recently called for an investigation into him. It's probable that Musk read or heard something to set him off, and DeSantis is just shoveling red meat. I don't have a way to track down what Musk was exposed to.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 15, 2022

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Discendo Vox posted:

To the best of my knowledge there's no actual news regarding Fauci or supposed lab leak conspiracy theories; it's likely that some "revelation" has been ginned up entirely in the right wing fringe. I'm not quite sure where to look to seek out what it might be, since a lot of the outlets I've historically used for that purpose are actually (relatively) pro-vax.

Musk has been pushing it lately, which is one of the reasons its gotten more publicity than your average chuds feverish ravings.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fauci announced his retirement, which I think is why Musk picked up on it and started tweeting a bunch of insane poo poo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is ""gain of function"" going to be the new vocab work dumb as pigshit regressive bark to sound smart?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Yes. Guarantee 90% of chuds have no idea what it means.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ryde posted:

Trump is too inarticulate for Homelander. But they were definitely channeling Trump and Qanon in the last season so it’s not a stretch.

They were just about going word-for-word already. Straight up had him do the "What would you say to people who are hurting and looking for answers?" "I'd say you are a terrible reporter, that's a terrible question" bit.

Only they somehow made it sound coherent and chastening in Homelander's mouth, instead of ridiculous and like he had no idea what was going on

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The way he's holding his nipples, shouldn't they be shooting lasers too?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1603069660160737285

It’s nice to see at least one union leader face consequences for stabbing their membership in the back.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Data Graham posted:

They were just about going word-for-word already. Straight up had him do the "What would you say to people who are hurting and looking for answers?" "I'd say you are a terrible reporter, that's a terrible question" bit.

Only they somehow made it sound coherent and chastening in Homelander's mouth, instead of ridiculous and like he had no idea what was going on

The difference is that fiction writers still believe a demagogue needs to be a good speaker, handsome, charismatic, accomplished etc. to appeal to people like Republicans. Which is why they cast people who fill all those columns. When in reality pieces of poo poo like every Republican would go for a ball of sewer grease if someone attached enough loudspeakers broadcasting slurs at it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FYI: Another round of free Covid tests are available.

This will likely be the last round before the government runs out of appropriated money for Covid tests and vaccines.

Direct Link is here: https://special.usps.com/testkits

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1603341364028219393

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Trump had apparently teased a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT yesterday. Well, turns out it's yet another grift for his followers

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1603419684329619458?s=20&t=goSuqEsO8bCD2jStoNHrOQ

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Who had trading cards as a guess?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1603419684329619458

So yeah, as stated above, shame on all of us for not assuming a grift.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

They're just pictures, not even NFTs!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I was 100% convinced this was a joke until I scrolled down to the next two posts.

This is literally his first major announcement since he launched his campaign on November 15th.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This cannot be real?

edit: did someone tell Trump that kids trade digital trading cards at the playground or something?

Madkal fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 15, 2022

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Everything is just so goddamn stupid. :lmao:

Edit: oh my God the last thing I expected was Donald Dress-up Dolls. :roflolmao:

48 Hour Boner fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 15, 2022

selec
Sep 6, 2003

48 Hour Boner posted:

Everything is just so goddamn stupid. :lmao:

Christman’s Rule: today is the dumbest day in American politics, only to be topped by every subsequent day to come

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

They're just pictures, not even NFTs!

I just re-read and saw that they're digital.

Nothing is keeping an enterprising MAGA from buying and sharing with all of his friends.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A few more of the designs, if you've got a spare hundred bones laying around:

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

BDawg posted:

I just re-read and saw that they're digital.

Nothing is keeping an enterprising MAGA from buying and sharing with all of his friends.

So this is the same as any other NFT, but without the fancy buzzwords trying to make the mark feel like a big special boy for forking over money for a JPEG.

Trump can't even put in the minimum effort into this, his laziest of grifts.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Spending a $100 on the same dude but Blingee'd into space or on a mountain can't scratch the same "lets remember some guys" as the Sports Trading Card bubble, but hell if anyone in his circle understands that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that announcement is far more sad and pathetic than i could have possibly imagined

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i, a former president and someone running to be president again, am busy shilling NFTs long after the bubble burst on those, to earn potentially HUNDREDS of dollars

also just lol at the "hopefully" more exciting

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Wait... that's the same head photo on all three, isn't it? And the same as the superhero announcement photo?

They really are just cheaping out and being as lazy as possible, aren't they?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I hope everyone noticed how huge his hands look in the football picture. Definitely not as small as some people would have you believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

projecthalaxy posted:

Class3KillStorm posted:

Wait... that's the same head photo on all three, isn't it? And the same as the superhero announcement photo?

They really are just cheaping out and being as lazy as possible, aren't they?

I'm unironically having a hard time knowing which of the pictures of these cards I see going around online are fake and which are real.

Edit: They are $100, lmao.