Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Nobody posted this yet?

https://twitter.com/J0Marshll/status/1603438933995446272?s=20&t=fLhaxBZebFB-Tb1y1LjIpw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Extremely similar energy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The Human Crouton posted:

Also the NFTs are a sweepstakes with entries into a raffle attached to each one.

I'm sure there will be many happy, satisfied winners like there are with all the "raffles" he does.

"Donate $75 NOW for a chance* to win** a dinner*** with**** Donald Trump*****"

* 0%
** Nope
*** Cold berder
**** Within 1000 miles of
***** Or a cardboard cutout, whichever is available.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Extremely similar energy

loving lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

Extremely similar energy

Also extremely similar energy to

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Shishkahuben posted:

This one's my favorite

No policies, no platform, no loyalty, only SPEED
I also like that there's a car a couple feet behind him, moving what appears to be extremely high speed. Trump's about to become roadkill in that universe.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

These two are the funniest for sure

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

He already stopped?!

Hahahaha

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

So uhhhhhh I think I'm gonna need you guys to explain something to me.

It's been my understanding, throughout the comedy of errors and collapses that has been the crypto and NFT world over the past however many years, that the whole idea of NFTs is that they are unique. Like, those Bored Apes were all supposedly valuable because each one was unique and only one person could own the one in the sailor suit, only one person could own the one in the salmon fisherman's slicker, only one person could own the one with lipstick and big rainbow frightwig, etc. And if you claimed to have a copy of one of those that someone else said they owned, they would say "hey you stole my ape".

i.e. NFTs cannot be "collected" in the same sense as baseball cards.

Baseball cards work like, I bought some gum and I got five baseball cards, oh look I got doubles of Goose Gossage, want to trade?

But NFTS HAVE NO DOUBLES, that is like the entire god drat point

You can't "collect them all". You can't "trade with your friends" until you have "the complete set".

Am I fundamentally misunderstanding this poo poo or ....??

Did someone, in a desperate attempt to get Trump to understand how NFTs are a good grift train to get on while the getting's good, use the analogy of baseball cards or Pokemon and he latched on to it and insisted on releasing "digital trading cards" which somehow found a way to fundamentally undermine the only dubious claim to "value" NFTs ever had in the first place, by making multiple copies of each card available which is the only "argument" NFT idiots ever had against people going "lol right-click-save" ??

You become the "owner" of the image, registered as such in a blockchain or something. There's nothing tangible to own, there's no original, anybody can copy it as many times as they like, but you remain the registered "owner". You can sell the ownership of this intangible arrangement of coloured dots (usually for dramatically less than you paid for it) to some other gullible idiot and they now "own" it and will be registered as such in the same place, but of course you can make a million copies if you want to because it's just a file on a computer.

In a way it's a bit like those "Star Registry" scams. Send me $100 and I'll say that Betelgeuse is now named after your late grandmother and I'll write it down in my ledger that nobody else cares about.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol This got lost in the garbage this morning

Announshing, to shatter the left wing shenshorship rezime:

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonaldTrump/statuses/109518990392565381

watch the cuts at 1:48 and 1:58 lmao

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

TulliusCicero posted:

:hmbol:

He already stopped?!

Hahahaha

I think you got whooshed friend.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rynex posted:

choose your fighter, fellow goons

I've been struggling for weeks to think of a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law and finally found one, thank God. The cool part is I can just save this photo and skip the $99 fee!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stoatbringer posted:

You become the "owner" of the image, registered as such in a blockchain or something. There's nothing tangible to own, there's no original, anybody can copy it as many times as they like, but you remain the registered "owner". You can sell the ownership of this intangible arrangement of coloured dots (usually for dramatically less than you paid for it) to some other gullible idiot and they now "own" it and will be registered as such in the same place, but of course you can make a million copies if you want to because it's just a file on a computer.

In a way it's a bit like those "Star Registry" scams. Send me $100 and I'll say that Betelgeuse is now named after your late grandmother and I'll write it down in my ledger that nobody else cares about.

Right but my point is that with "collectible digital trading cards", you can have MANY owners of the same NFT.

Theoretically at least with the apes there was supposed to be only one "owner" of each specific AI-generated ape drawing.

With these he wants to sell as many $99 copies of each one to as many people as possible, defeating the entire purpose (as I understood it) of NFTs. Now it's literally just $99 for a jay peg.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

He's only doing this so courts can't seize that money, right?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Data Graham posted:

Right but my point is that with "collectible digital trading cards", you can have MANY owners of the same NFT.

Theoretically at least with the apes there was supposed to be only one "owner" of each specific AI-generated ape drawing.

With these he wants to sell as many $99 copies of each one to as many people as possible, defeating the entire purpose (as I understood it) of NFTs. Now it's literally just $99 for a jay peg.

The market for these things is people who probably think Trump can talk to them magically if they own one of these stupid loving images.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Trump never fails to fail. :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A Fancy Hat posted:

The market for these things is people who probably think Trump can talk to them magically if they own one of these stupid loving images.

seems like that market would be better exploited with physical pictures though

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

He's a genius! You've got to remember that the people he's grifting are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West.
You know...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

kazil posted:

seems like that market would be better exploited with physical pictures though

Physical pictures require expense to produce and distribute. NFTs cost you nothing and you can sell them repeatedly which is why they're such a good grift.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

darkwasthenight posted:

Physical pictures require expense to produce and distribute. NFTs cost you nothing and you can sell them repeatedly which is why they're such a good grift.

ahhhh but that requires anyone willing to buy a loving nft in december 2022 lol

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
everything is beautiful

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
I've only just been able to catch up on things for the first time today, so all of this just hit me at once, and I don't know if I can function correctly anymore.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This poo poo is just so delightfully stupid, I can't even.

I'm the suit jacket that magically bends towards itself above where the buttons are placed

I'm also the right foot that starts horizontally offset from the right ankle

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm quite relieved to see Trump can still deliver such quality lols and isn't just ranting about losing the elections.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

uncle jack kelly hands

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Rynex posted:

choose your fighter, fellow goons

Shishkahuben posted:

This one's my favorite

No policies, no platform, no loyalty, only SPEED

I love the fact that it appears he is standing directly in front of a pack of stock cars, bearing down on him at 200 miles per hour.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm sure they're already analysing them in minute detail looking for hidden secret messages and Q references.

"This picture of GEOTUS wrestling an alligator has seventeen trees in the background! And if you count the number of scales visible on the alligator and divide them by the number of rippling muscles on Trump it's a clear signal that he will be reinstated on January 3rd and arrest Hillary and Brandon the same day. It's SCIENCE!"

The Postman
May 12, 2007

hopefully wave 2 of these will pay tribute to the nussy

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1603477418504773645

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Honestly his "you might win great prizes like dinner with me. Well I don't know if that's really a great prize, but hey it's what we got :buddy:" is one of the most human things he's ever said

Just "lol I'm grifting you, choke on it lmao"

With a weird side of self-effacing humor which is ... novel?

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 15, 2022

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will win the dinner prize to have dinner with Donald Trump

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Trump and Dump

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I will win the dinner prize to have dinner with Donald Trump

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"donald trump as a rugged, manly lumberjack, chopping down a tree in a forest"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i wonder what trump would be doing if he had lost

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ah yes, trum's famous sense of humor

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
President Donald J. Trump still has more Amazing Posting Energy in his stubby little finger than Elon Musk has in his entire body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Nussy Flesh Tamer