Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

adam warlock variant lets gooooo (it's actually pretty sweet looking, pity about the card)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
lol pixel Star-Lord. Worthless.

SD launched at exactly the right time to win that game award thing. A week later and half the playerbase is going pitchforks and torches mode.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Doobie Keebler posted:

I've been doing well with Jubilee the last few days. I think this is the deck with the most likes on Marvel Snap Zone and there's a big explanation there. The basics are: do nothing for the first 3 turns other than maybe play Sunspot. If you have Jubilee to play turn 4 you can snap. Turn 5 Dino or skip. If you played turn 5 then Odin Jubilee on 6 to fire her off again (usually overkill) or play another big card and collect your cubes. I have SheHulk so skipping turn 5 let's me drop Dino+SheHulk on 6 for a big surprise. I feel like any of the 5 energy cards could be changed out.

Generally I try to dominate the two lanes my opponent is least focused on. Don't be afraid to retreat if your setup isn't coming together or the locations are bad.

Quicksilver
Sunspot
Domino
Jubilee
Devil Dino
SheHulk
Gamora
Klaw
America Chavez
Odin
Hulk
Infinaut

Ran the same list with Storm in place of She Hulk before I got her in shop and did fairly well with it. Once in a while you Jubilee out a Sunspot, but otherwise she’s reasonably consistent in that.

e: I got an ok Sandman variant, maybe I’ll try that zoo version at some point

Hauki fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 15, 2022

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got a variant Wolfbane, not bad.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

1602 Kingpin, eh :shrug:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Darn I got a Domino Variant. But I did get the Sports Nick Fury a little bit ago so it’s balancing out

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I got a rock... -et raccoon.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Doobie Keebler posted:

I've been doing well with Jubilee the last few days. I think this is the deck with the most likes on Marvel Snap Zone and there's a big explanation there. The basics are: do nothing for the first 3 turns other than maybe play Sunspot. If you have Jubilee to play turn 4 you can snap. Turn 5 Dino or skip. If you played turn 5 then Odin Jubilee on 6 to fire her off again (usually overkill) or play another big card and collect your cubes. I have SheHulk so skipping turn 5 let's me drop Dino+SheHulk on 6 for a big surprise. I feel like any of the 5 energy cards could be changed out.

Generally I try to dominate the two lanes my opponent is least focused on. Don't be afraid to retreat if your setup isn't coming together or the locations are bad.

Quicksilver
Sunspot
Domino
Jubilee
Devil Dino
SheHulk
Gamora
Klaw
America Chavez
Odin
Hulk
Infinaut

I'm missing a few of those.. I saw a build online and kind of merged it with yours and ended with:

Quicksilver
Lizard
Morph
Jubilee
Devil Dino
Klaw
Gamora
Spider-Woman
Abomination
Odin
America Chavez
Hulk

I don't have Sunspot or Domino sadly for early game plays but I feel like this MIGHT have some of the same effect as long as its just about Jubilee and Odin making massive curbstompers come out of nowhere.

Edit: Err, scratch that.. I just got Domino from a random mystery card.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 15, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

welp, guess i gotta make a Dracula deck now

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Repeat to self: if you see Wong, retreat. Wong, retreat. WONG, RETREAT.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

welp, guess i gotta make a Dracula deck now

I have that one and it’s definitely one of the better variants in the game.

I got a Dan Hipp Spectrum. Pretty cool although I really don’t use her at all

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Weird interaction! If you transform a location to Project Pegasus during your on reveals, it looks like the Energy you don't spend that turn counts for She-Hulk discounts.
My opponent played a Reality Stone on turn 1 that changed it to Project Pegasus.
Then, the next turn played:
She Hulk, Lockjaw, two one drops. That's... 11 energy in a single turn, but if you assume She Hulk was discounted by 5, it's 6 overall.

I wonder: does Sunspot work the same way?

Also, I retreated.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Sunspot does work the same way. Both She-Hulk and Sunspot just refer to unspent energy on their card.

Source: I run a deck with She-Hulk and Sunspot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Spent the 1k credits. Two reserves, one with credits and the other this.

gently caress you too Second Dinner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I strongly recommend you spend credits 2200 at a time once you figure out where your buckets of 4 reserves start. Guarantees you a new card each time.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Even the discard deck is playing Leader oh god nerf this lovely card already.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I got the Marguerite Sauvage America Chavez variant for my season reward variant this morning. Then I got the Jamie McKelvie America Chavez variant for my free reward. I really only wanted one, I didn't need both, I don't want to choose between them because they're both so good and from two of my fave artists.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Even the discard deck is playing Leader oh god nerf this lovely card already.

Run Destroyer. It makes me laugh every time.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I got a pixel Ironheart with my login bonus. This might legitimately be the ugliest card I've ever seen in any game ever.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Avengers Blade, I'll take it.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Got pixel Swarm! Looks like it was made in MS-Paint.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

rydiafan posted:

I got a pixel Ironheart with my login bonus. This might legitimately be the ugliest card I've ever seen in any game ever.
Agree. Of all the pixels I've seen it is the worst by far. and I own pixel vulture.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

BGrifter posted:

Spent the 1k credits. Two reserves, one with credits and the other this.

gently caress you too Second Dinner.

That's a pretty sweet title tbh.

No Wave posted:

Agree. Of all the pixels I've seen it is the worst by far. and I own pixel vulture.

I really don't get the pixel variants. Are they ugly on purpose?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

uXs posted:

Repeat to self: if you see Wong, retreat. Wong, retreat. WONG, RETREAT.

*laughs in Aero*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

uXs posted:

That's a pretty sweet title tbh.

I really don't get the pixel variants. Are they ugly on purpose?

They all came out at once so they probably hired some random company in China to churn them out

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_steve posted:

*laughs in Aero*

Don’t forget Magneto on T6!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_steve posted:

*laughs in Aero*

Doesn't matter. If you pull their turn 5 away somewhere, they still have their turn 6. And if you can somehow stop that too, well you've just spent 2 turns trying to stop them from winning instead of winning yourself.

(My current deck has basically nothing to counter it anyway.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rogue is also a hilarious counter to Wong if you can play it right. Just snatch that poo poo and gently caress 'em up. I did have someone drop Wong, I snatched it from them and on their turn (where they were gonna play Mystique to double up) and they spite stole it back with their own Rogue on the following turn. Their lane was full so there was no reason other than straight spite.

I've got 900 tokens and Lockjaw in the shop. I want the doggy to play fetch with but also I keep feeling like there's other cards I should save for. I still don't have Wave or Mags or Zola or Mystique or Cerebro or Maximus so I'm incredibly indecisive about it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

uXs posted:

Doesn't matter. If you pull their turn 5 away somewhere, they still have their turn 6. And if you can somehow stop that too, well you've just spent 2 turns trying to stop them from winning instead of winning yourself.

*Laughs in Cosmo*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Strong Guy variant, lol

E: got taskmaster from the collectors box any good synergies with him?

priznat fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 15, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

rydiafan posted:

*Laughs in Cosmo*

I haven't played a lot with Cosmo and when I did I never had priority.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Pixel destroyer is bad, but 1000 credits makes regular destroyer look pretty nice.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

priznat posted:

Strong Guy variant, lol

E: got taskmaster from the collectors box any good synergies with him?
Zero + Red skull decks or Venom decks. Shuri too ofc but series 5.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

goferchan posted:

Anyone doing anything with Absorbing Man? Just opened him which is cool because he was definitely on my "cards I want to play with but not badly enough to spend tokens on" list, like something you'd love to get as a Christmas gift but would never buy for yourself

I have been tempted by Absorbing Man for something like this deck.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/get-over-here/

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Sunspot does work the same way. Both She-Hulk and Sunspot just refer to unspent energy on their card.

Source: I run a deck with She-Hulk and Sunspot.

Well, it probably shouldn't? The wording is that it's +5 Energy Next Turn. Like, it shouldn't double dip.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

uXs posted:

when I did I never had priority.

That's your problem.

If you are playing a control deck, you want priority. Lizard, Maximus, other high power cards to grab two lanes by turn 5.

That shouldn't be too hard because if they are playing Wong, they are planning to explode on turns 5 & 6. Wong invests turn 4 on adding 2 power to the board. So you should probably be winning that lane. Aero often drags a 1 power or even 0 power card on turn 5 so you are likely ahead on that lane. Juggernaut can follow up Aero on 6.

I love facing Wong decks because they always think they are winning.

quote:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbk1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNZWR1c2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Studio posted:

Well, it probably shouldn't? The wording is that it's +5 Energy Next Turn. Like, it shouldn't double dip.

Pegasus gives you the energy when it reveals, not next turn

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pixel Shocker doesn't look that bad.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I got Venom Killmonger. Not complaining, may be a chance to run Killmonger more. This season I'm exclusively on Patriot, although it's a slow grind, I'm up to 45-ish. A friend hit Infinite so maybe I'll need some help, we'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

if you dropped Aero->Magneto you had a 5/8 card and a 6/12 card, the reason those cards are so good is that they gently caress up location-based decks while still being strong enough to win you the game on their own. Magneto is a Hulk that also moves Wong away from whatever the on-reveal drop was going to be