Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Why doesn’t Ibushi not want to be involved with DDT? Is it a been there, done that scenario?

that and there might be some bad blood (current era Ibushi seems to have a lot of bad blood)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Why doesn’t Ibushi not want to be involved with DDT? Is it a been there, done that scenario?

he doesn't like modern DDT.

He was talking about them selling photobooks with him in it on Twitter recently too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Suwama did a Tokyo Sports interview accusing Tajiri of brainwashing Jake Lee and Francesco Akira into joining NJPW and Tajiri’s response was to tweet out something along the lines of “Did I brainwash people? The only way to find out is to buy my book”. What a legend.

Incredible :lol:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hearing GLEAT MMA went as well as everyone expected for the Gleaters

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So today in NOAH Yoshinari Ogawa & NOSAWA had a singles match

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1603014730880352256?s=20&t=PvoGJHRMm1V14FIbe3Q4xQ

Nearly 30 minutes of NOSAWA Rongai singles action

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1603007288612196354?t=Z2ON0ppC2_gZXa6_I7jtlg&s=19

Visiting nursing homes? He's going to NOAH?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

vinegar

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Watched the first three fights before getting ready for work. Soma looked completely out of his depth, Fukuda actually looked decent

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I still don't know what the gently caress convinced them this was a good idea. These young Gleaters didn't even get a full time training camp like proper MMAists. So loving dumb. Inokiism but with even less chance of the wrestlers winning

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I still don't know what the gently caress convinced them this was a good idea. These young Gleaters didn't even get a full time training camp like proper MMAists. So loving dumb. Inokiism but with even less chance of the wrestlers winning

what? they weren't fighting against themselves? That's a bad idea but at least there's some novelty value and you aren't having everyone obliterated by trained MMA people. It's been proven beyond proving that wrestling vs MMA never works to elevate your guys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

More and more wrestlers are saying this recently (1)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Good old Chrissy Bootleg

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1602989671717429250

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

what? they weren't fighting against themselves? That's a bad idea but at least there's some novelty value and you aren't having everyone obliterated by trained MMA people. It's been proven beyond proving that wrestling vs MMA never works to elevate your guys.

Some of the fighters (still working my way through but recognise Daisuke Nakamura and Shrek Hideki) have some pro wrestling experience but they are, or at least were, legit fighters going up against full time wrestlers, not just in full MMA but also grappling and kickboxing bouts. Dan Tamura did a lot better than I though he would as well going up against Shrek in their grapplecontest, considering Shrek is an 18 fight vet who outweighs him by at least 20 kilo. Better than Iizuka did against Nakamura at any rate

e: finished with the show, Minoru Tanaka got crushed and Izuchi was very disciplined, not throwing wild punches and getting gassed like Soma did. The one that impressed me most was Fukuda, hopefuly her good showing here means she stops getting her poo poo rocked by Miyagi on every single goddamn show

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 15, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Tetsuya Izuchi fought Yuki Kondo, who if you're a casual MMA observer is a name that means nothing but he's had over 100 pro fights across 4 decades, has held titles in Pancrase & took part in the 2005 Pride Middleweight Grand Prix (which is the equivalent of UFC's Light Heavyweight division, 93kg weight limit despite Kondo being normally around 77kg). He's not going down in history as an all-timer or anything & he's clearly long past his best but dude is a legit MMA fighter. And then you throw in that Izuchi has wrestled 9 times since the start of October, (roughly 10 weeks seems normal for a fight camp) so he's going in there not having a completely dedicated fight camp. And the same is true for the other GLEATers. I don't care what background in martial arts & combat sports they have, this is loving dumb. If you absolutely must do this type of show then do these guys should be in there against 1-10 fighters, not Kondo and his 65-37-9 record.

I have fallen off MMA a while ago but I remember enough to know this was a spectacularly stupid idea from the Lidet guys

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokyo Sports Awards are out

MVP: Kazuchika Okada
Joshi MVP: Syuri
Best Tag: Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb
Technique Award: El Lindaman
Fighting Spirit Award: Great-O-Khan
Outstanding Performance Award: Kento Miyahara
Best Rookie: Yuma Anzai
Best Bout: Okada vs Ospreay, G1

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'd have bet my house on okada winning mvp so that was pretty obvious.

The lack of cyberfight representation is probably the biggest thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'd have bet my house on okada winning mvp so that was pretty obvious.

The lack of cyberfight representation is probably the biggest thing.

I hadn't even noticed that. That's funny, Great O Khan with 2 more awards than DDT & NOAH combined.

Not actually much I'd disagree with there. I mean, I'd go either Suzu or Asuka for joshi but I can see why you go the Stardom champ if you're Tokyo Sports. And while I'm not sure I'd have Cobb & GOK as my tag team of the year but then I can't think of any obvious standout so sure. Diamante & Shun Skywalker I guess. Or Astronauts even though they only had the one blowaway match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kaito lost to both Lindaman and Kento by one vote in the runoff for their awards.

Kenta Kobashi basically said the same thing as forkboy when casting his vote. He said the tag scene was really poor this year. Khan and Cobb beat meltear by one vote too

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Breakdown of the voting shamlessy stolen from reddit

quote:

[Breakdown of the votes and runners-up](https://twitter.com/osano2) (17 votes were available for each category):

MVP (Kazuchika Okada):
>The first round of voting was Okada = 15, Keiji Mutoh = 1, and Jay White = 1, with Okada receiving the majority of the votes. He led New Japan in its 50th anniversary year and won back-to-back G1 titles. He was also highly evaluated for his attitude and comments, which were not only in New Japan, but also in the Japanese wrestling world as a whole.

Match of the Year (Okada Kazuchika vs. Will Ospreay (8/18, Nippon Budokan):
>Six matches were nominated for the first round of voting. Okada vs. Ospreay = 6; Desperado vs. Kasai (9/12 at Yoyogi) = 3; Kiyomiya vs. Mutoh (7/16 at Nippon Budokan) = 3; Okada & Tanahashi vs. Mutoh & Kiyomiya (1/8 at Yokohama Arena)
The final vote was held for the top three matches of the year, Okada vs. Ospreay, Kiyomiya vs. Mutoh, and Desperado vs. Kasai. Okada vs. Ospreay = 10, Desperado vs. Kasai = 4, and Kiyomiya vs. Muto = 3.
Okada vs. Ospreay won the award over Desperado vs. Kasai, who projected a three-year story of the two in the ring and whose post-match microphone was moving, and Kiyomiya vs. Mutoh, who won after crossing over with Mutoh on the ground and entrusting his future to Kiyomiya vs. Mutoh. It was a fierce battle of world top-level advanced techniques.

Team of the Year (Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb):
>The five teams nominated in the first round of voting were: Tam Nakano & Natsupoi = 7, Takashi Sugiura & Satoshi Kojima = 3, O-Khan & Cobb = 3, TJP & Francesco Akira = 1, and Hiroki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI = 1. No teams = 2.
The final vote among the top three teams in the voting was: Tam & Natsupoi = 8, Sugiura & Kojima = 3, O-Khan & Cobb = 6. The final vote between Tam & Natsupoi and O-Khan & Cobb was by one vote, with Natsupoi & Tam = 8 and O-Khan & Cobb = 9.
The final vote was for O-Khan & Cobb by a one-vote margin, O-Kahn & Cobb winning by a one-vote margin.

Outstanding Performance (Kento Miyahara):
>The first round of voting was Miyahara=4, Kojima=4, Kaito Kiyomiya=3, Kazusada Higuchi=2, Mutoh=1, Jay=1, Ospreay=1, and Okada=1. The final vote for the top three was Miyahara=5, Kojima=7, and Kiyomiya=5, so a second round of voting was held and Miyahara=6, Kojima=5, and Kiyomiya=6.
The final vote for the tie between Miyahara and Kiyomiya was Miyahara = 9 and Kiyomiya = 8. However, Miyahara, who has played a leading role in the 50th anniversary year and continues to lead All-Japan in promotional activities and fan service in his off time, won the award for the third time.

Fighting Spirit (Great O-Khan):
>O-Khan = 7, Higuchi = 4, Kojima = 1, Kiyomiya = 1, Miyahara = 1, Kenoh = 1, Tatsumi Fujinami = 1, and Desperado = 1. The final vote was O-Kahn = 9, Higuchi = 8. O-Kahn won by one vote for winning the IWGP tag team championship and for his public appeal, in addition to his feud with Muta.

Technique Award (El Lindaman):
>Yuki Yoshioka=4, El Lindaman=3, Kiyomiya=3, Shinya Aoki=2, Ospreay=2, Desperado=1, Great Muta=1, Kojima=1. The top three votes were Yoshioka=4, Lindaman=8, Kiyomiya=5. Final vote was Lindaman=9, Kiyomiya=8.
Lindaman, who became GLEAT's first G-REX champion in February of this year and, despite his small size (161 cm, 70 kg), has defended his title regardless of the weight difference, and has carried GLEAT on his back into New Japan's junior ranks and other organizations, won the first prize. His ability to communicate through the microphone was also highly evaluated.

Rookie of the Year (Yuma Anzai)
>First round voting was Anzai = 10, Miyu Amasaki = 1, Mochizuki Junior = 1, Minorita = 1, Saito Brothers = 1, Ryohei Oiwa = 1, N/A = 1. The big All Japan newcomer with a good physique, looks and wrestling background, who defeated Suwama by German in Korakuen on 7 December, won the Award.

Women's MVP (Syuri)
>Syuri = 9, Saya Kamitani = 2, KAIRI = 2, Starlight Kid = 1, Chihiro Hashimoto = 1, Yuu = 1, N/A = 1 Syuri won the award with a majority of the first round votes, supporting Stardom as the strongest champion, which has made great strides with the gathering of many athletes.

The tag voting is fascinating. And bless that one guy who votes for Chihiro every year.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ouch for Higuchi, he's had a great year as a singles guy after Endo had to vacate the belt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

People love O Khan for being a real-life hero, so I'd not worry too much for Higuchi.

And yeah, those nominated for tag team are fair. Sugiura & Kojima have had a fun back half of the year, & Catch 22 have been good albeit another one without a full year.

Seeing that Despy Kasai came so close makes me sad. I'd feel better if it was totally overlooked, like the Michinoku Pro ***** match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao it's so obvious which awards are the not-NJPW awards and O-Khan still snags a couple

the N/A guy and other No Teams voter should be kicked off the jury

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kaito lost to both Lindaman and Kento by one vote in the runoff for their awards.

Kenta Kobashi basically said the same thing as forkboy when casting his vote. He said the tag scene was really poor this year. Khan and Cobb beat meltear by one vote too

Kenta Kobashi confirmed for not being a TJPW watcher.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Wasn't the strongest year for tag teams. On their first round of voting Meltear actually led with 7 votes compared to 3 that the eventual winners Cobb & O-Khan got which is crazy considering they've only been together for 5 months.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

People love O Khan for being a real-life hero, so I'd not worry too much for Higuchi.

And yeah, those nominated for tag team are fair. Sugiura & Kojima have had a fun back half of the year, & Catch 22 have been good albeit another one without a full year.

Seeing that Despy Kasai came so close makes me sad. I'd feel better if it was totally overlooked, like the Michinoku Pro ***** match

The Michinoku Pro match did get voted for in the first round.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wrestling! Honestly not the biggest or busiest week, although there's more shows through the week rather than everything being on Sunday as in the past few weeks. Standout shows? TakaTaichi 50th Anniversary. Shingo vs Taichi baby, plus Suzu Suzuki vs Tomoka Inaba in a battle of Stardom affiliated outsiders & Ren Ayabe returning from a 3 month injury layoff! Dragongate have a decent show in Sendai, NOAH are keeping themselves very busy this week including Kzy challenging for the Junior Tag titles, the main event of the All Japan show should be a cracker & New Japan have their customary Road To Tokyo Dome shows with some enticing stuff. Night 1 has the 4 current Young Lions in 1 on 1 matches with 4 members of United Empire, night 2 has the final Suzukigun match with them going out the only way they could, showing their love for each other through violence against each other.

The next 2 weeks get hectic. Christmas Day has All Japan in Korakuen, Dragongate's Final Gate show & of course Jun Kasai's Blood X-Mas, Thursday has big shows from DDT & Stardom, GLEAT have a big show on the Friday. And then the following week is just insanity. NOAH at the Budokan, AJPW New Year Wars with Kento & Nomura challenging Suwama & KONO for the Tag belts night 1, Kento vs Nomura for the Triple Crown night 2 (holy poo poo Kento vs Takuya Nomura is going to rule), DDT at Korakuen, Wrestle Kingdom & New Year Dash, TJPW having all the belts defended. Good times.

17/12/2022, Saturday

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

DDT Road To Never Mind 2022 In Kumamoto
Kumamoto Information Distribution Centre, Kumamoto
Kazuki Hirata vs Saki Akai vs Shunma Katsumata
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & KANON) vs HARASHIMA & Hideki Okatani
Sanshiro Takagi & Yusuke Okada vs Takeshi Masada & Toru Owashi
Akito & Kazuma Sumi vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino)
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yuya Koroku)
Chris Brookes, Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida vs Omega (Makoto Oishi, Shiori Asahi & Yuji Hino)
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Stardom Year End Tour Night 4
G Messe Gunma, Takasaki
Hina vs Mai Sakurai vs Miyu Amasaki
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi, Tam Nakano & Waka Tsukiyama) vs STARS (Hanan, Koguma & Momo Kohgo)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina & Saki Kashima) vs STARS (Hazuki, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Himeka, Maika & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI, Syuri & Tomoka Inaba)
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEST/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

Pro Wrestling Freedoms We Love Yokohama 2022
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs Dragon Libre & Tomoya Hirata
Jun Masaoka vs Rekka
GENTARO, Kamui & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs Mammoth Sasaki, Minoru Fujita & Takahiro Katori
Alex Colon & Rina Yamashita vs Masashi Takeda & Yusaku Ito
Elimination Tag: ERE (Dobunezumi Fukki, Drew Parker, Kyu Mogami & Toshiyuki Sakuda) vs Daisuke Masaoka, Jun Kasai, Takashi Sasaki & Toru Sugiura

Also shows from BJW, Ice Ribbon, JTO, Secret Base, Dragongate & BASARA

18/12/2022, Sunday

12pm JST/2pm AEST/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH New Hope
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Atsushi Kotoge vs Shoki Kitamura
Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs Taishi Ozawa & Yoshiki Inamura
Alejandro vs Naomichi Marufuji
AMAKUSA & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Dante Leon & Jack Morris
Satoshi Kojima vs Yasutaka Yano
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEST/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom Year End Tour Night 5
New Sunpia Tochigi Gymnasium, Kanuma
Lady C vs Saya Iida
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka & Maika) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Miyu Amasaki) vs STARS (Kguma & Momo Kohgo)
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi, Tam Nakano & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Saki Kashima)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Rina & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (Hina, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Mayu Iwatani)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

2pm JST/4pm AEST/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.41
Umeda Sky Building, Osaka
Jun Tonsho & Soma Watanabe vs Septimo Dragon & T-Hawk
Michiko Miyagi vs Yurika Oka
Keiichi Sato vs Quiet Storm
Kaz Hayashi, Minoru Tanaka & Seichi Ikemoto vs Oji Shiiba, Tetsuya Izuchi & Yu Iizuka
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Hayato Tamura) vs Masato Kamino & Takanori Ito
Flamita, Hartley Jackson, Kaito Ishida & Yutani vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman, Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)
Should be on Youtube later

3pm JST/5pm AEST/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

DDT Road To Never Mind 2022 In Fukuoka
Pivole, Fukuoka
Akito & MAO vs Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino
Kazuki Hirata & Sanshiro Takagi vs Saki akai & Toi Kojima
Daisuke Sasaki & KANON vs Kazuma Sumi & Yuya Koroku
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada) vs Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA & Takashi Masada
Azul Dragon, Hideki Okatani & Toru Owashi vs Makoto Oishi, Shiori Asahi & Yuji Hino
Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida vs Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Dragongate Gate of Origin 2022
Sunplaza Hall, Sendai
Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee & U-T) vs Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga & Ryu Fuda
Eita vs Konomama Ichikawa
Don Fujii, GAINA & Ultimo Dragon vs M2K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
ISHIN vs Mochizuki Jr vs Strong Machine J
Dragon Kid & Ninja Mack vs Z-Brats (Diamante & Shun Skywalker)
Captain's Fall Elimination 3 Way Tag: D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Gold Class (Ben-K, Kota Minoura & Minorita) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO & KAI)
Open The Twin Gate Titles: Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy)(c) vs Takashi Yoshida & YAMATO
Live on DG Network

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Deathmatch Innovative Element DIE 2
Classe Kurihashi Community Hall, Kuki
Big Bear vs Chuck E vs Naoshi Sano
Alex Colon vs Super Orca Uto
Drew Parker vs Super Hardcore Machine
Barbwire Barricade Net, Safety Pin Board & LED Stick Deathmatch: Akane Fujita vs Kyu Mogami vs Toshiyuki Sakuda

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEST/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Presents Kongo Diamond 5
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Alejandro vs Hi69
Daiki Inaba & Seiki Yoshioka vs Kongo (Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo)
Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoshiki Inamura
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Satoshi Kojima
AMAKUSA vs Tadasuke
Hajime Ohara vs Kenoh
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from JWP, 2AW, Secret Base, Doutonbori, Ryukyu Dragon, Burst & WAVE

19/12/2022, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

TakaTaichi 50th Anniversary Show
Ren Ayabe, X & X vs Ryuya Takekura, Yoshitatsu & X
Aoi, Hisoka & rhythm vs Misa Kagura, Sumika Yanagawa & Yuu Yamagata
Suzu Suzuki vs Tomoka Inaba
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado & Lance Archer)
DOUKI & Minoru Suzuki vs Jun Kasai & Tomoaki Honma
Hiromu Takahashi vs TAKA Michinoku
Lumber Jack Last Man Standing Match NJPW KOPW 2022: Shingo Takagi(c) vs Taichi
Live PPV on New Japan World

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito & Mohammed Yone) vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Taishi Ozawa
Eita vs Hajime Ohara
Kongo (Hi69 & Tadasuke) vs Yasutaka Yano & Yoshinari Ogawa
Seiki Yoshioka vs YO-HEY
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Sugiuragun (Hideki Suzuki, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)
Jack Morris vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Atsushi Kotoge, Kaito Kiyomiya & Masato Tanaka vs Kongo (Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo)
Alejandro & Dante Leon vs AMAKUSA & Ninja Mack
Naomichi Marufuji vs Satoshi Kojima
Live on Abema

Also Dragongate

20/12/2022, Tuesday

Tokyo Gurentai Presents Tokyo Dream Final ~Last Festival~
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
2, Ikuto Hidaka, SUSHI & Takatoshi Matsumoto vs Daisuke Nakamura, Hidetaka Monma, Takuya Kai & Tyson Maeguchi
Maya Yukihi & Miyuki Takase vs Rina Yamashita & Natsu Sumire
Eita vs Kotaro Suzuki
Alejandro vs Dante Leon vs Ninja Mack
Akito, Masaaki Mochizuki & Naomichi Marufuji vs BxB Hulk, Hokuto Omori & Yoshitomo Shimohigashi
Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Hi69, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Tadasuke) vs Tokyo Gurentai (Dick Togo, FUJITA, KIKUZAWA, MAZADA, NOSAWA & TAKEMURA)
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also BJW

21/12/2022, Wednesday

All Japan #ajpw XmasEVE4
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Black Menso-re vs Izanagi
TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Suwama vs Takao Omori
Dan Tamura & Masao Inoue vs Gungir of Anarchy (Masao Hanahata & Ryuki Honda)
Atsuki Aoyagi & Hokuto Omori vs Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue
Shuji Ishikawa vs Yuma Anzai
Special Tag Match decided by draw on the day but featuring Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee, Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi
Live on AJPW TV

DDT Danshoku Dieno 20th Anniversary Book Publication Commemoration
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Anarko Montana & Hideki Okatani vs Kazuma Sumi & Takeshi Masada
Battle Royal: HARASHIMA vs Koju Takeda vs Makoto Oishi vs Saki Akai vs Yusuke Okada vs Yuya Koroku
Handicap match: Akito, Antonio Honda, Hiroshi Yamato, Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi vs Sanshiro Takagi
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) & Ken Ohka
Burning (Jun Akiyama & Tetsuya Endo) & DJ Nira vs Harimao (Kazuasada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida) & Thanomsak Toba
Naruki Doi vs Shunma Katsumata
Yuki Iino vs Yumehito Imanari
Danshoku Dieno vs Muscle Sakai
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe (as far as I can tell. It may be on Abema

22/12/2022, Thursday

New Japan Road To Tokyo Dome Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Francesco Akira vs Kosei Fujita
Aaron Henare vs Yuto Nakashima
Great O Khan vs Ryohei Oiwa
Jeff Cobb vs Oskar Leube
LIJ (SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs Satoshi Kojima, Shota Umino & Togi Makabe
Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr) vs Ren Narita & Tomoaki Honma
Bullet Club (Gedo & Taiji Ishimori) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi) vs Six Or Nine (Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada & YOH vs Suzukigun (DOUKI, Lance Archer & Minoru Suzuki)
Live on NJPW World

Also Pro Wrestling WAVE

23/12/2022, Friday

New Japan Road To Tokyo Dome Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
House of Torture (SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) vs Oskar Leube & Yuto Nakashima
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa
GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma), Ren Narita & Tiger Mask vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
House of Torture (Dick Togo & EVIL) vs LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi)
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Shota Umino vs LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito)
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori) vs Kazuchika Okada, Master Wato & YOH
Suzukigun (DOUKI, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki & TAKA Michinoku)
Live on NJPW World

Pro Wrestling NOAH N Innovation
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Hi69 vs Shoki Kitamura
Alejandro, Andy Wu & Ninja Mack vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Shuji Kondo Tadasuke)
NOSAWA vs Yasutaka Yano
Eita vs Yoshinari Ogawa
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka(c) vs Kzy & YO-HEY
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Dante Leon(c) vs AMAKUSA
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from BJW vs ZERO1, Sendai Girls & YMZ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love O-Khan but do wish Higuchi had won that Fighting Spirit award.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I love O-Khan but do wish Higuchi had won that Fighting Spirit award.

Higuchi’s got to spend more time in train stations

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Higuchi riding a penis shaped bronco in a bar, his face expressionless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Higuchi riding a penis shaped bronco in a bar, his face expressionless.

Waving the DDT flag above his head with full vigor the entire time though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Pro Wrestling NOAH Presents Kongo Diamond 5
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Alejandro vs Hi69
Daiki Inaba & Seiki Yoshioka vs Kongo (Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo)
Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoshiki Inamura
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Satoshi Kojima
AMAKUSA vs Tadasuke
Hajime Ohara vs Kenoh
Live on Wrestle Universe

This is worth going back for. Bread and Nak loving murder each other.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Satoshi Kojima escaping New Japan openers to prove he's maybe the 2nd best 50+ wrestler in the world (Mochi numero uno) is maybe my favourite story of 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/bakaoffice/status/1604793691012759557?s=20&t=1To9cZFpOrxkD6xlqg84mw

ABE VS DEATH WORM

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every single thing about that show excites me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Also it's already sold out

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
The last show owned. Pure chaos. I was genuinely worried they would accidentally hit an audience member a few times though, kind of added to it in a way

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

all of that looks great but CDK vs. Ghosts should be an absolute hoot

E: Drew Parker posted that they sold out in 30 seconds, holy hell

this kid is nuts posted:

The last show owned. Pure chaos. I was genuinely worried they would accidentally hit an audience member a few times though, kind of added to it in a way

Every time Chris works a ChocoPro match or any of DDT's shows in public areas I'm legitimately amazed he never hits someone in the audience even when he's basically inches from them. He and Saki Akai (who's pretty tall herself!) were doing arm drags and head scissors all over a goddamn full commuter train and somehow never once even grazed anybody. loving amazing.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 19, 2022

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
The last show used a tiny mat instead of a ring Gatoh Move-style, and took place in a bar. I imagine it will be the same case here, so they aren't exactly selling out a sumo hall. Still cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

this kid is nuts posted:

The last show used a tiny mat instead of a ring Gatoh Move-style, and took place in a bar. I imagine it will be the same case here, so they aren't exactly selling out a sumo hall. Still cool though

Yeah, it's the same venue, but selling out as soon as they go live does suggest they could run FACE or something, if they wanted to