Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dixon Chisholm posted:

personally, it's worse that he bragged about waiting for a 17yo to turn legal to have sex with her while he was in his 30s

and he still posts about sex stuff

more like dick's in Ian Holm amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

speng31b posted:

i think you just need to stop looking for consistency. the decision has been made that subs are distinct and get to have their own policies that are independent of what happens elsewhere.

some subs allow snuff videos and thats okay until the tankies fill their pamps about it

kinder moderator
Dec 16, 2022

Azathoth posted:

We only do that for you and seraph, as for whatever reason you both seem to enjoy flaunting your wealth via the Leper's Colony.

I mostly do it to bring attention to some of the godawful moderating decisions that went into giving (several) permabans for being mean to D&D and because I want my original account back

apropos of nothing, free sexpig

e:also it literally costs less than my morning coffee. "wealth", lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Free sexpig

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
What the gently caress kinda coffee you drinking though

kinder moderator
Dec 16, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

What the gently caress kinda coffee you drinking though

20oz mocha, with a real tip for solidarity

speng31b
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

some subs allow snuff videos and thats okay until the tankies fill their pamps about it

i've probably been the loudest and most annoying complainer about people posting war snuff (Az can confirm, I'll even share my shame and admit I've sent him a bunch of extremely annoying PMs about it). I think it loving sucks and I wish admins would get their poo poo together and finally make a hard and fast global forums rule against this absolutely deranged garbage.

but that still doesn't mean people in cspam who did deranged poo poo should get lesser punishments just because GBS mods decided to protect some of their freak squad from what should have happened. the two are unrelated

kinder moderator
Dec 16, 2022

Brain Candy posted:

my feedback is i don't want cspam to be 'nice' or d&d but for dsa members and it seems like there's a decorum push that's making a desert and calling it peace

this is spot-on btw

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
ok i'll ask since it has been on my mind. is there a way to easily get your post history in a specific thread if you haven't posted in it lately? i've been going back pages or navigating to a thread i've recently posted in to copy my user id. i think it'd be swell if there was a "Your Posts" button if no easy functionality exists

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

ok i'll ask since it has been on my mind. is there a way to easily get your post history in a specific thread if you haven't posted in it lately? i've been going back pages or navigating to a thread i've recently posted in to copy my user id. i think it'd be swell if there was a "Your Posts" button if no easy functionality exists

Click the question mark button in the bottom left:

e: oh, I missed the "if you haven't posted recently," I guess my suggestion would be to just make a new post so you can access the question mark.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Click the question mark button in the bottom left:

what if i haven't posted in 20 pages

edit: thanks. i guess that works, but maybe this is something to kick over to astral for consideration.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lessail posted:

:justpost: and then boom, you have ?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Lessail posted:

There is a way to easily get there. You :justpost: (you can say what you’re doing or not) and hit the ?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lessail posted:

you can use the little thread search bar to search by userid:<your userid>

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lessail posted:

post more ??

speng31b
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lessail posted:

you can do forums search by username instead of userid, but you'd still need the threadid

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Lessail posted:

In your case, add "&userid=174689" to the URL, after the thread ID.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

yeah sorry, I missed that. You can make a new post to unlock the question mark, or you can use the search box at the top of the page with the string username:"Lessail" which should work but will bring your posts up as the search results screen instead of the easier-to-read thread view screen.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

thank you to everyone for the tips :tipshat:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lessail posted:

Use the awfulapp, it's got an "admire your posts" option in every thread

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

speng31b posted:

i've probably been the loudest and most annoying complainer about people posting war snuff (Az can confirm, I'll even share my shame and admit I've sent him a bunch of extremely annoying PMs about it). I think it loving sucks and I wish admins would get their poo poo together and finally make a hard and fast global forums rule against this absolutely deranged garbage.

but that still doesn't mean people in cspam who did deranged poo poo should get lesser punishments just because GBS mods decided to protect some of their freak squad from what should have happened. the two are unrelated

okay cool, but im not talking about the cspam bans

the gbs thread was sick and the only reason mods did anything is the stupid forums war. azathoth himself says he doesnt care how gbs is run.

speng31b
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

the gbs thread was sick and the only reason mods did anything is the stupid forums war. azathoth himself says he doesnt care how gbs is run.

sure, i don't disagree. the thing i was objecting to in the post you replied to was specifically about drawing comparisons to cspam punishments.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

speng31b posted:

the anonymized posts quoted in my first post itt do a pretty good job showing the comparison between the two. here's one of the GBS superstars, for example:

jazzyhattrick posted:

They're a bunch of rapists and murderers and deserve nothing but painful and humiliating death.

I hope their parents die of grief.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
the previous two entries in his or her rapsheet are:

jazzyhattrick posted:

I for one am glad of this disgusting man's misery. My only regret is that his wife and other children weren't also in the car when it exploded.

jazzyhattrick posted:

Not that it wouldn't be extremely cool and good for this tereible woman to be repeatedly shot in the face, but the kid should probably find out what kind of assets she has and the terms of her will before calling the cops. It can be kind of tricky to recover a debt from a corpse.

which earned a total of 18 hours probation between them. i think there's an obvious distinction between complete bloodthirsty psychos like jazzyhattrick being treated with kid gloves (ultimately resulting in a ban, not a perma) and the many banned cspammers in that same time period. here's one:

OK baizuo posted:

Russian war crimes are as real as the Ghost of Kiev

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
with a lepers colony entry of:

quote:

Between this and your old account, Zeno-25, you sure do love denying war crimes. This is not just about the post here but about the pattern of your posting over the course of the war. The forums are better without your posting, gently caress off forever.
if you don't see the difference between the bloodthirsty psycho getting off with a few probes then a regular ban, and the poster catching a lifetime achievement permaban for a joke, then i don't know what to say. out of the bans & permas i counted up earlier, I count a total of 6 bans/permas against cspammers that list their post history, rap sheet, or lifetime achievement as a reason in the LC entry, but only 1 GBS perma that even mentions their posting history. it really comes across like the admins are hate-lurking more cspam posts while they can't be bothered to read posts in other forums, for some reason. :shrug:

but again, what's the point discussing this? all comparisons are invalid, every forum is an island. :) :)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol fly molo you are definitely getting banned again if you dont stfu

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

exmarx posted:

i skimmed it and it's very u.s. centric

This is from a while back but I just finished catching up. Chat in the Pestilence thread is US centric when all the US posters are awake but we’ve got a lot of international posters & international lurkers itt too so if you’re ever looking for a resource for your country/region or have a region specific question feel free to post it because someone might know or be able to find what you need. Also, much like pandemics, bad public health policy truly knows no borders so non-US posters are always welcome to share or join in.

Eventually I’d like to include more international resources in the OP since not everyone feels comfortable dropping into a huge established thread and asking for help and knowing what resources people are needing/looking for helps me know what I should add.

speng31b
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lobotomy molo posted:

but again, what's the point discussing this? all comparisons are invalid, every forum is an island. :) :)

noone here is denying the inconsistency exists. every sub _is_ an island and there's no desire to normalize stuff like this across subs. that's been made abundantly clear by the admins, and i doubt it will change

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol fly molo you are definitely getting banned again

ftfy, it’s just a question of when jeff decides to ban me again. getting into spreadsheets of ban dreasons with dreylad would only accelerate that process. jeff’s been pissed off at me ever since I made a fuss about him calling nichael and wampalord homophobes, or when I kept bringing up his post in defense of PPJ saying that “informants like this” are what keeps SA safe in off-site spaces. little details like that bother me and I’m an annoying spergy prick, idk.

last time he waited surprisingly long before going for his treats, maybe this time I’ll last til new years. :) :)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lobotomy molo posted:

ftfy, it’s just a question of when jeff decides to ban me again. getting into spreadsheets of ban dreasons with dreylad would only accelerate that process. jeff’s been pissed off at me ever since I made a fuss about him calling nichael and wampalord homophobes, or when I kept bringing up his post in defense of PPJ saying that “informants like this” are what keeps SA safe in off-site spaces. little details like that bother me and I’m an annoying spergy prick, idk.

last time he waited surprisingly long before going for his treats, maybe this time I’ll last til new years. :) :)

he's gonna Grinch you on Christmas eve, a little stocking-stuffer for himself

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol fly molo you are definitely getting banned again if you dont stfu

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sexpig was a much better poster than me, I’m shocked that he’s permabanned and I’m not. if I could trade places with him, I would. same goes for thatfatkid, the white hand, OK baizo, steinrokkan, or the many other good cspam posters on that list.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

super cool of the mods to ban fly mojo for the crime of being an annoying spergy prick. thats not racist at all!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice av btw

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

super cool of the mods to ban fly mojo for the crime of being an annoying spergy prick. thats not racist at all!

is it within your power to free Plinkey

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yes it is.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dixon Chisholm posted:

personally, it's worse that he bragged about waiting for a 17yo to turn legal to have sex with her while he was in his 30s

and he still posts about sex stuff

Oh cool, I didn't know about this. Can we ban this guy now, before he gets made a mod?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmfao come on dude, you can just step down.

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your buttons, the star, and the whole mod forum, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the forums. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i think we should definitely listen to the pyf drama thread poster/mod on how to pick cspam mods, especially the part about how they should be picked from people who don't post too much on cspam

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

give plague rats ik powers over the brie thread

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this way everyone's satisfied, the drama goons get to own cspam, the glenn goons get to argue over free speech issues, and rats poster gets to probate people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

you monster

free him!