Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ili posted:

Snow sounds absolutely awful.
Snow fuckin' owns

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fifty Three posted:

Snow fuckin' owns

This. This right here.

Do this for about 20-minutes at the first snow, you should be ready for the rest of the winter.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I see it's time for this again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-PK1wQrWs

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

wesleywillis posted:

We did that on the road, at night, sometimes during storms.

Probably wasn't the best idea but nobody died so I guess good on us or something.

i mean i wasn't gonna be the first one to admit being illegal while doing it but ours were usually at like 3am after a long night of drinking and smoking and the corn fields weren't ours or anything

e; no one driving was inebriated except that one time Joe rolled a wrangler

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Only the south can be crippled by three measley inches.

Got to see some moron in a Lexus Rx slide around tonight probably because they're on tires from the bush administration

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Large Testicles posted:

i mean i wasn't gonna be the first one to admit being illegal while doing it but ours were usually at like 3am after a long night of drinking and smoking and the corn fields weren't ours or anything

e; no one driving was inebriated except that one time Joe rolled a wrangler

Ah well, it was like 25 years ago who gives a gently caress now? Driver (of the vehicle) was also not drunk or high. Everyone else....... maybe not?

We were towing GT snowracers, and the occasional toboggan.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

PainterofCrap posted:

True. driving in snow is a blast, especially at three in the morning in an old aircooled VW

It's become boring in my AWD with snow tires. Too much grip!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The lady at the end saying it happens every year and there's been 3 accidents already today :lol:

https://twitter.com/fullback03/status/1602376824398712832?t=H9_bGJ13QDya-kxemP9J_w&s=19

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Fifty Three posted:

Snow fuckin' owns

Hauling rear end across a frozen lake with a few inches of powder on it in a clapped-out beater Chevy Nova, spinning the wheel and cranking hard on the ebrake. Paradise. Learning to drive in Northern Wisconsin was the best.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Oh my

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/27525/lot/128/1976-aston-martin-lagonda-series-1-70-litre-saloon-chassis-no-l12007rcac-engine-no-v5402007/

1 of 8 1976 Aston Martin Lagonda Series 1 7.0-Litre Saloon.

While this example was one of two originally built as a 5sp manual, it was switched to auto when it received an RS Williams 7.0l conversion.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Oh my

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/27525/lot/128/1976-aston-martin-lagonda-series-1-70-litre-saloon-chassis-no-l12007rcac-engine-no-v5402007/

1 of 8 1976 Aston Martin Lagonda Series 1 7.0-Litre Saloon.

While this example was one of two originally built as a 5sp manual, it was switched to auto when it received an RS Williams 7.0l conversion.

Well hello gorgeous. :swoon:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chris Onstad (Achewood) got his kid a hearse for his first car

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I have never seen one of those as a hearse before. Looks like they just used the same back end as the Fleetwood version.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That is a very roast beefs first car how could he do this to his own son

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That fuckin plate though :allears:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

T1g4h posted:

That fuckin plate though :allears:

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Pretty dope.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Fornax Disaster posted:

I have never seen one of those as a hearse before. Looks like they just used the same back end as the Fleetwood version.

Yeah that's straight up a Fleetwood hearse with a Buick front clip.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

he is from Circumstances

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He is the dude who sucks

Plus he got depression

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Pretty sure this belongs here.

https://i.imgur.com/YVQvv2N.mp4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That does indeed rule.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Yep that looks super fun

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Doing it that close to a transmission tower makes me a little nervous.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
While I know that carwow/matt watson can be irritating, his last video on the spierling is something to behold

https://youtu.be/TptzkkbC1vE

a sub 2s not to sixty and a sub 8 quarter mile

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

AirRaid posted:

Pretty sure this belongs here.

https://i.imgur.com/YVQvv2N.mp4

here's the video with a tour of that shop, Daigoland, and even more drifting, should be timestamped right (eh, it's close)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejxH3xIbp4&t=650s

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 15, 2022

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Q_res posted:

Yeah that's straight up a Fleetwood hearse with a Buick front clip.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearses/co...nt=share_button

This looks like the same one with the same damage to the front corner of the bumper. I was super curious if you were right or if it was truly a Roadmaster. Judging by the body lines in the doors I'm going to agree with the replies here that it is a Roadmaster and GM or the coachbuilder only used the taillights to simplify the back.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

It's that time of year again, where we all get together for the most awesome event of the year - :siren::siren: The AI Sheep Game! :siren::siren:

Come play the Sheep Game today, by clicking on the sheep below!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

StormDrain posted:

This looks like the same one with the same damage to the front corner of the bumper. I was super curious if you were right or if it was truly a Roadmaster. Judging by the body lines in the doors I'm going to agree with the replies here that it is a Roadmaster and GM or the coachbuilder only used the taillights to simplify the back.

Looking at pictures, I don't really see any difference between the doors on the Roadmaster and those on a Fleetwood hearse. Also, you may be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not claiming it started life as a Fleetwood and then had a Buick front clip slapped on later. I'm just saying, as built, they're effectively the same car minus the front clip.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ili posted:

Snow sounds absolutely awful.

I would love snow if I didn't have to go anywhere.
Like, cabin in the mountains sit by a fire looking out of a picture window type thing.

Or at the very least didn't have to deal with other drivers in the snow.
Our Outback handled the Snowpacolypse just fine on all-seasons being careful - with no other cars on the road (we only went out because we had no power. Went to my mother-in-laws house, which had power.)

Fifty Three posted:

Snow fuckin' owns

What up, brah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DB9G0-eNQ

Somewhere I have a video of me doing this, in the same parking lot, in even deeper snow, in my dad's '91 Dodge 3/4 ton Cummins pickup.
It was also tons of fun doing it in my '90 RX-7.

I only get just so many opportunities to do this in TX, so of course I do so.

cursedshitbox posted:

Only the south can be crippled by three measley inches.

Got to see some moron in a Lexus Rx slide around tonight probably because they're on tires from the bush administration

We're completely unprepared.
Snow tires do not exist. Sand/salt trucks are rare outside of metro areas. And no one gets any practice because it typically only hangs around a day or so.
Also, it's usually ice with a pretty layer of snow on top (which surprised the transplants who do know how to drive on snow. Also the lack of snow tires.)

SlowBloke posted:

While I know that carwow/matt watson can be irritating, his last video on the spierling is something to behold

That's a funky little thing.
Fuckin' A, though, that's fast.

Q_res posted:

Looking at pictures, I don't really see any difference between the doors on the Roadmaster and those on a Fleetwood hearse. Also, you may be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not claiming it started life as a Fleetwood and then had a Buick front clip slapped on later. I'm just saying, as built, they're effectively the same car minus the front clip.

Yeah, that's basically correct.
They kinda were, before being coachbuilt into a hearse, too. Same GM B/C chassis.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

SlowBloke posted:

That's awesome. I've been hoping for years some company would use a fan system, it seemed like it worked for the old race car (Chaparral 2J?) that used it, before it was banned.

...I wanna drive one down a gravel road.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

https://youtu.be/EyDpQpcPpuc

gently caress me the new Lucid is quick.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

MrYenko posted:

https://youtu.be/EyDpQpcPpuc

gently caress me the new Lucid is quick.

2.1s 0-60, 9.1 in the quarter mile, for those who don't click through. :eyepoop:

Edit: that's not the emote I meant but I'm leaving it

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 16, 2022

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Well those are all seriously quick. This may be insufficiently AI, but that level of acceleration is only really applicable to traffic light drag racing. My bike is probably not too far off the Ducati (CBR1000RR) and there just aren't many spaces you can nail the throttle. Certainly not on the twisty fun roads around here. It's so powerful it kinda makes it less fun.

Likewise the Taycan, it's slower than the bike but you can only momentarily bury the pedal and then you're immediately at the next corner. There would not be a lot of point for me to get an upgrade from the 4S.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I sometimes wish my car was a bit slower because if I bury the pedal oops now I'm going felony speeds. So instead I just go slower and keep it at high rpms for glorious engine sounds.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
thats why you dont fix the driveline vibration, so you dont get carried away with V8 noises and find yourself going too fast. the car trying to shake itself apart will remind you to back off, lol

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

slow car fast >>> fast car slow

The Fiat, even though it was an absolute piece of garbage, was amazing because you could rev out every gear anywhere and on a good day you would be doing 60mph. Cayman will break every speed limit in this state in 2nd gear.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

The Fiat, even though it was an absolute piece of garbage, was amazing because you could rev out every gear anywhere and on a good day you would be doing 60mph. Cayman will break every speed limit in this state in 2nd gear.

My Suzuki Swift (US got these as a Geo Metro) is unironically one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. You simply could not break the national speed limit without a really long, straight road and a tail wind. And even foot to the floor in every gear it was still just sipping petrol.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

SlowBloke posted:

Saw that video this morning, and according to my napkin maths, that's 1.2g horizontal acceleration, and an overall (including gravity) or 1.56g.

I just don't know what that would feel like. Insane.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My Suzuki Swift (US got these as a Geo Metro) is unironically one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. You simply could not break the national speed limit without a really long, straight road and a tail wind. And even foot to the floor in every gear it was still just sipping petrol.

My Suzuki Swift MY06 requires to rev it like a motorbike to do anything, I can confirm. Not on the fuel front, it drinks like a sailor.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Teach posted:

Saw that video this morning, and according to my napkin maths, that's 1.2g horizontal acceleration, and an overall (including gravity) or 1.56g.

I just don't know what that would feel like. Insane.

Shame Matt Watson is so loving annoying.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yeah the fireblade will do 160kph in 1st. It's a bit strange to ride because the gearing is so tall you have to go down to 1st for slow corners on mountain roads, normally the gearing precludes that.

Much as I love it, it's an inappropriate bike for where I live.