Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cards on the table, I've poo poo my pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress me that's a page snipe that is

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Cats on the table, here's some cards.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
This thread has been the absolute business for cat photos lately, just some fantastic commie cats

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Payndz posted:

Kissinger's malevolent sorcery is so strong, it even removed his picture from the Trilateral Commission's website. Clearly there can only be one picture of him, and it's in his attic, looking very young and handsome in a reverse Dorian Grey.

What was Carla in front of that was so damning they had to do that lovely mask.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Deketh posted:

This thread has been the absolute business for cat photos lately, just some fantastic commie cats

Apparently the last being Lenin spoke to before dying was his cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnW-hUd0L8

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 16, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

What was Carla in front of that was so damning they had to do that lovely mask.
Adrenochrome vivarium and alternate moon landing set (turquoise).

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apparently the last being Lenin spoke to before dying was his cat.

I assume he said said Pspspspspspspsps.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I pronounce Caesar as Kaisar thanks to Fallout New Vegas. Although it always struck me as strange that FNV people know the Latin pronunciation of Caesar but not who Elvis was.

Thanks for listening.

there was meant to be a thing where you got so drunk with cass in new vegas that you ended up getting married by the king who would then sing an elvis medley as part of the service

they couldn't afford the rights so it got binned and the kings gang couldn't even mention elvis

Rarity posted:

I did this a few years back but had been ill for a few days and shat nothing but water, really weird experience, glad I was at home for it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
agua inglesa, now found in every river and lake.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Cards on the table,

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/604761050857095168

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I was out at a very nice cider bar last night and I found this book:

What I want to know is, which UKMT poster created it?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Rarity posted:

What about Lib Dems? :thunkher:

I'm gonna go against the grain and disagree with the whole 'all lib dems are just tories'. Especially as labour are moving right we may get to a point similar to 2010 were voting libdem was more 'left' than voting labour. I think there are a lot of libdems who could easily be convinced to support more leftest causes, who got into lib dem because of PR, anti war or drug regulation reasons. We can't do that if we just chase them out of the thread.

At least a third of the regulars in here voted Libdem in 2010.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

her: not when it comes up three times! there's only supposed to be one in the pack and it doesn't even look like that!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TACD posted:

I was out at a very nice cider bar last night and I found this book:

What I want to know is, which UKMT poster created it?

how are you supposed to colour in a loving ghost

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

With your ephemeral apparition pencil

idiot

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

her: not when it comes up three times! there's only supposed to be one in the pack and it doesn't even look like that!
An exciting change awaits you at a Toby Carvery

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Urinal Death must be a band name.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Payndz posted:

Kissinger's malevolent sorcery is so strong, it even removed his picture from the Trilateral Commission's website. Clearly there can only be one picture of him, and it's in his attic, looking very young and handsome in a reverse Dorian Grey.

lmao saw that thumbnail and immediately wondered why Steve Martin is on the Trilateral Commission.

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm gonna go against the grain and disagree with the whole 'all lib dems are just tories'. Especially as labour are moving right we may get to a point similar to 2010 were voting libdem was more 'left' than voting labour. I think there are a lot of libdems who could easily be convinced to support more leftest causes, who got into lib dem because of PR, anti war or drug regulation reasons. We can't do that if we just chase them out of the thread.

Maybe some misinformed Lib Dem members/voters who haven't kept up with their party's policies at all in the last decade, but the actual leadership are all tories and will enact tory policies except maybe PR for obvious reasons. I don't even believe they'll ever try to get some of their non-poo poo policies like drug reform through.

There are two things to consider when choosing who to vote for:
1) do they have good policies?
2) do I trust them to actually follow through?

2 is a no for both lib dems and labour atm, even if 1 somehow squeeks through.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Urinal Death must be a band name.

I checked through the Metal Archives & Bandcamp and I'm afraid the closest I could find was a band called Putrid Urinal

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Only Kindness posted:

I assume he said said Pspspspspspspsps.

Пспспспспс

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I don't lurk as much as I should but have some cats anyway.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mega Comrade posted:

fool me once

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

Maybe some misinformed Lib Dem members/voters who haven't kept up with their party's policies at all in the last decade, but the actual leadership are all tories and will enact tory policies except maybe PR for obvious reasons. I don't even believe they'll ever try to get some of their non-poo poo policies like drug reform through.

There are two things to consider when choosing who to vote for:
1) do they have good policies?
2) do I trust them to actually follow through?

2 is a no for both lib dems and labour atm, even if 1 somehow squeeks through.

Look I just really want a skills wallet ok?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I would respect anyone who said they were voting Lib Dem because they want a skills wallet and harbour a deep-seated hatred of squirrels

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps you're meant to colour in around the ghost.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rarity posted:

Look I just really want a skills wallet ok?

I can make and send you one for the low, low price of £100. Just DM me and I'll send you the deets for my po box in the Caymans to send the money to.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Catte post. This Ralph, he had to come and live with us because his owner moved to a flat that doesn’t allow pets. After 6 days, he’s completely made himself at home!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Miftan posted:

I can make and send you one for the low, low price of £100. Just DM me and I'll send you the deets for my po box in the Caymans to send the money to.

Look at this amateur hour poo poo. Send £100,000 to my PO box in the Caymans and I'll get you on the government's VIP channel for skills wallets

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

(No Tories)

I’ve been online dating recently, it’s very enjoyable how many profiles say “no tories”

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gort posted:

Look at this amateur hour poo poo. Send £100,000 to my PO box in the Caymans and I'll get you on the government's VIP channel for skills wallets

Wait a minute... you're not the skills wallet inspector!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't gently caress 'em! And if they do have books but one of them is a copy of Matt Hancock's memoirs, leave a seaside loaf in their toilet cistern

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Odd sort of question - how do I find out who my car is insured with? The postman has just knocked on the door and he's hit the back of the car.

It is definitely insured - that can be looked up online - but I cannot find the box with the car paperwork in. We've not shopped around the last few years as we're old and insurance cost is relatively low so we just let it roll over.

FnF
Apr 10, 2008
Boiler heating chat :

Testro posted:

I think one of the few posts I did make here was about this - I did some experimenting over the past couple of years and found it was cheaper to leave the heating on all of the time (lowest temp 12 or 15c) than it was putting the heating on, letting the temperature drop, putting the heating on etc in a cycle.

That's why I was so stunned about the water. Looking at my thermometer logs, the boiler stopped this afternoon - so the house was around 8-10C.

I can't decide if it's the pipe entering the house or where the pipes are in the attic (because I had insufficient water supply for 2 years, so the water company eventually installed a new connection to the main but had to come through my house instead of around the back where the old pipe work was). So I'm wondering if it's the attic that's got super cold, seeing as it was -10C last night, even if the house was at 10C.

Baffled. But yeah, I had more success with bills with keeping the temperature steady and not letting it drop too low or turning it off overnight, which seems counterintuitive.

Could someone elaborate more on this? 'cause, yeah, this seems super-counterintuitive (unless the boiler is loads more efficient at ~13C ambient than ~7C ambient, which seems crazy to me :confused: )

I have a ~7 year old Worcester combi-boiler, if that's relevant.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cold one in work today

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FnF posted:

Boiler heating chat :

Could someone elaborate more on this? 'cause, yeah, this seems super-counterintuitive (unless the boiler is loads more efficient at ~13C ambient than ~7C ambient, which seems crazy to me :confused: )

I have a ~7 year old Worcester combi-boiler, if that's relevant.

Depends what you mean. It's better to have a thermostat that will get your house to temp and keep it there, and only call for the boiler to heat as required to achieve that, rather than manually turning on the heating and overshooting the temperature you want to achieve.

Modern boilers are also more efficient at condensing when they are set to a lower flow temperature, with the trade-off that your radiators won't get as hot so it takes a little longer to get your rooms up to temp. And your hot water may not be hot enough for your liking?

But just running your boiler the whole time doesn't sound like a sane thing to do.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bessantj posted:

Cold one in work today

can see your willy out on the reflection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Clarence posted:

Odd sort of question - how do I find out who my car is insured with? The postman has just knocked on the door and he's hit the back of the car.

It is definitely insured - that can be looked up online - but I cannot find the box with the car paperwork in. We've not shopped around the last few years as we're old and insurance cost is relatively low so we just let it roll over.

Check your bank statements perhaps?