Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Oh boy!

Edit: Eesh what a snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Police report or gtfo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1603803518942314496
I expect very soon talking about Tesla stock will be bannable because it doxxes Wall Street or something

It's right there in the name: Wall Street. It tells you exactly where all the traders are, and that'd doxxing!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
is his _only_ doxxing accusation just the flight tracker? Because lmao if so. Pretty easy solution to that dude.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Ole musky should sell all his tesla stock and invest in something more reliable, like trumpy cards. Imagine the returns!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Insurrectionist posted:

While I can understand this, I am also at a loss as to the original use case. It feels like a system designed around only really caring about interacting with one server (like 'literature' or 'botany' or 'new york' or whatever), which is already very silly, but also that server can just be full and then ???

I guess I haven't run into the same problem. I follow a lot of people across a lot of servers and interaction primarily within my home timeline. I've never felt restricted to interacting with a single server. Occasionally following someone from a different server requires 2 clicks instead of 1 click, or I'm prompted to do a search on their name@instance from my home page to click the follow button. Nothing else so far on my end.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

priznat posted:

is his _only_ doxxing accusation just the flight tracker? Because lmao if so. Pretty easy solution to that dude.

yes, he's making the leap from "my planes location was published" to "my kid was allegedly ambushed in a car nowhere near any airports" and hoping nobody notices

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

priznat posted:

Yes. Posting his airplane was parked at LAX doxxed the exact location of his car somewhere in LA, an hour away from LAX, in realtime a day later. Somehow

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

repiv posted:

yes, he's making the leap from "my planes location was published" to "my kid was allegedly ambushed in a car nowhere near any airports" and hoping nobody notices

Bit of a stretch.

I wonder if he used @elonjet to determine where his kids were on the off chance he wanted to check

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

please be hastily made elon nfts

The Postman
May 12, 2007

the coup de grâce: his mom will threaten to call our moms if we don't leave him alone

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Postman posted:

the coup de grâce: his mom will threaten to call our moms if we don't leave him alone

"Your son was very mean to my 51 year old father of 36."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

priznat posted:

maybe The Boring Comapny but for planes?

have single plane wide concrete tubes in the sky go everywhere?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The plant I'm in makes 450k a year and we are just one of like ten worldwide plants for our brand

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"I could ask my people to make a program to give dental and vision care to every child... or I could see if anyone talked about me on Twitter."

*Rings a bell and orders a servant to bring his laptop.*

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

that reminds me, cruelty squad is a legit good game and you should play it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

maybe The Boring Comapny but for planes?

have single plane wide concrete tubes in the sky go everywhere?

I was thinking just don't have your own registered private plane and lease/charter ones instead but that option seems more musky

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

(he's going to ban everyone who voted yes claiming they were bots)

but instead he's going to do something stupid

as though that first option wouldn't be stupid lol

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Pay attention to me! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

(world pays attention)

You're paying attention to me? Wait, THAT MEANS YOU KNOW WHERE I AM! HOW DARE YOU???

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol::lmao: it just occurred to me that Grimes & Chelsea Manning met over Twitter.

Leon bought Twitter so he could see Grimes PMs and nothing can convince me otherwise :colbert:

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1603618056672092161

He's such a loving whiner and loser it defies belief! Also, joke's on Josh when he gets banned.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Wile E(lon) Coyote: Super Genius

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

musk loves that appeal to people's emotions by using his children lol

he was such a poo poo to his daughter though that she disowned him. he doesnt bring her up at all

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Alone Musk

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Splorange posted:

soo.. if you're like me and didn't pay attention until lately - this has been posted before - but cliff notes of the genious billionaire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-FGwDDc-s8

that's been out for a year already.

These videos were very good. Thank you.

e: People here, watch this.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

LMAO THISMF WAS NOWHERE NEAR HIS CHILD

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dr_rat posted:

ABC in Australia has as well. Lot of journalists are watching this dumpster fire for obvious reasons, no way this mass stupidity is not going to be very reported on. I think Musk may of actually found a way to even beat Kanye on how publicly he's showing his whole rear end.

He's actually grown an entire second rear end to show.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Steadiman posted:

The only existing thing I could see getting close to this, outside of an entirely new thing, would be Instagram if they added text posting. Its userbase is a lot bigger than Twitter too, and all the celebrities are already there.

Instagram just added “Notes”, they’re within the messages tab and are just text posts but I think they’re functionally like a story and go away after a day.

They’re dumb, and I’m muting everyone I see that posts one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I find it funnny he's suddenly all about his child.

The previously nine sure didn't get that attention.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MJeff posted:

lol what the gently caress. How in Gods name do you not stand behind your own reporters in that scenario.

DaveWoo posted:

loving cowards.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

musk loves that appeal to people's emotions by using his children lol

he was such a poo poo to his daughter though that she disowned him. he doesnt bring her up at all

Remember this:
https://twitter.com/colourmeamused_/status/1596116629355892736
I mean who does that? Using the death of your baby for some twitter clout is beyond hosed up

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Has anyone said Musk is doing Lowtax yet. Has anyone ever made that joke yet.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Nothing wrong here. He's just giving us all a lesson on the Buddhist doctrine of Pratītyasamutpāda. If we harm others, we also harm ourselves due to interdependence of all things within the universe. Maybe you should stop being so judgmental abo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cirincione/status/1603733567682535426?s=46&t=Aq3n-QqHr21roVgia7j72w

They all have to mention how much they love the car too

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bari is a true believer so Elon's going to regret getting involved with her. She's isn't the ideal useful idiot like that other idiot.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Last Call posted:

I find it funnny he's suddenly all about his child.

The previously nine sure didn't get that attention.

I'm pretty positive the story 100% didn't happen. He just made it all up to give himself cover to ban Elon Jet, which I bet was fast tracked because he got boo-ed at the Chappelle Show, a venue he believed was 100% going to suck him off.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Don't invest in companies run by manchildren next time hth

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

as a non tesla owner and non tesla stockholder, i also want elong to shut up forever. wow, look at me and this dope finding common ground.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol no remorse for tesla investors

those fuckers rode elon's cult of personality to an overvalued stock, I hope they lose everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Steadiman posted:

I mean who does that? Using the death of your baby for some twitter clout is beyond hosed up

Elon Musk. :shrug: He only cares about his children a) if he can use them as an emotional or rhetorical cudgel against his posting enemies, b) in some weird, extremely distant way because they're part of his "legacy."