Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think once we've created 13 subthreads, some sadlads who miss their posting friends can begin a long campaign to get them all closed

goldmine, nothing further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I don't really give a poo poo about dodging spoilers or whatever, I just posted in here because I just beat ShB and felt this thread could answer my question

Carry on with the debate, just know I myself have no dog in the hunt

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Macaluso posted:

I'm not gonna bother spoiler tagging the name Zenos or whatever in this thread but I will put spoiler tags for whether or not he kisses you

I'm in the level 67 portion, and so far I would not be at all surprised if he goes in for a quick smooch, Ocelot-style.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

wizardofloneliness posted:

It's time to finally implement the FFXIV subforum, along with sub-subforums for each expansion and sub-sub-subforums for the patches and individual threads for each main quest. And probably a general discussion thread to pull it all together.

Impossible. People already consider the expansion titles to be spoilers, and you can't spoiler tag subforum names

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think once we've created 13 subthreads, some sadlads who miss their posting friends can begin a long campaign to get them all closed

lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We could just get the admins to give us our own subforum. WoW still has one for some reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really dont think we need an ff14 forum and the wow subforum mostly just exists out of momentum

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Let’s do a thread for every job/role

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've got dibs on the thread for Firmament Fetes!

Just the fetes though, someone else needs to do one for Firmament crafting.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The spoiler debate/subforum talk of the thread cycle, hello old friend

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sunday Morning posted:

I've got dibs on the thread for Firmament Fetes!

Just the fetes though, someone else needs to do one for Firmament crafting.

gonna need a twenty-minute tutorial video for Shear-a-Yak prog, can't go into the PFs blind

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh my goood Alpha and Omega are checking out the Starlight tree!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 17, 2022

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The most startling realization from this year’s Starlight Celebration: Guildmaster Geva has kids??????

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

hopeandjoy posted:

The most startling realization from this year’s Starlight Celebration: Guildmaster Geva has kids??????

According to the Encyclopedia Eorzea, she's "a kindly and loving mother of two." I was also surprised!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hopeandjoy posted:

High quality ones with no wasted parts.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's come up in previous holiday events, like the time House Valentione got Beatin so hopped up on the fear of being forever alone (with his wood) that he tried to mack on him.

She explained to him that they would agree to forget it ever happened.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

Nothing wrong with keeping your work and home life separate

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I feel like there's at least one off-hand reference to that somewhere in the regular non-seasonal dialogue, but I couldn't cite it off the top of my head.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lunar New Year is the next seasonal event right?

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
A question for anyone who has access to the lorebooks: is there any information given on Abalathia beyond what we get in-game or that isnt in the wiki? sorry i know thats kinda vague, there just doesnt seem to be much info on abalathia so im looking for anything at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pyp posted:

A question for anyone who has access to the lorebooks: is there any information given on Abalathia beyond what we get in-game or that isnt in the wiki? sorry i know thats kinda vague, there just doesnt seem to be much info on abalathia so im looking for anything at all.

There's very little, really; it's a very big mountain range that's depicted as largely inhospitable, but borders a lot of places and has some individual points of note. It's basically Eorzea's version of, like, the Alps or the Himalayas. The Sea of Clouds is above it (which answers what happens if you fall off, I guess), the Warriors are apparently from somewhere in the south, and as we know from the map, Xelphatol is either to its east or is its east, it's kinda hard to tell.

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022

Cleretic posted:

There's very little, really; it's a very big mountain range that's depicted as largely inhospitable, but borders a lot of places and has some individual points of note. It's basically Eorzea's version of, like, the Alps or the Himalayas. The Sea of Clouds is above it (which answers what happens if you fall off, I guess), the Warriors are apparently from somewhere in the south, and as we know from the map, Xelphatol is either to its east or is its east, it's kinda hard to tell.

ah shame there isnt any more, but thanks for the answer!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

In Rival Wings, is it two Brute Justices total or two at a time based on towers down? Feels like I see a lot more of them than I should, but things get so hectic it can be difficult to tell.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm not sure what I just witnessed.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

In Rival Wings, is it two Brute Justices total or two at a time based on towers down? Feels like I see a lot more of them than I should, but things get so hectic it can be difficult to tell.

One for every tower your team has lost.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tamba posted:

One for every tower your team has lost.

total or at a time?

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I'm not sure what I just witnessed.

I enjoy being on Diabolos.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

total or at a time?

Active at the same time. Losing a tower basically unlocks one Brute Justice slot for your team.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tamba posted:

Active at the same time. Losing a tower basically unlocks one Brute Justice slot for your team.

Ah, I was always reluctant to take them because I thought they were two total. That explains things.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Does rival wings reward series exp for the PvP battle pass?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Mainwaring posted:

Does rival wings reward series exp for the PvP battle pass?
Yep.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lunar New Year is the next seasonal event right?

Yes, Heavensturn should be next, the festival of mochi and rewards that certain races can never use!

It's the Year of the Rabbit in 2023, which I believe was the very first Heavensturn back in 1.0 so I wonder if they'll repeat the event.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
I bounced hard off the first run of Hildebrand quests, do they improve significantly to make it worth following for the new weapons or can I safely skip the cutscenes and speed run it all.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Hildebrand humour stays Hildebrand through each appearance. If you really didn’t like it there’s not gonna be a tone or style shift to be much different.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ColdIronsBound posted:

I bounced hard off the first run of Hildebrand quests, do they improve significantly to make it worth following for the new weapons or can I safely skip the cutscenes and speed run it all.

It's a mixed bag. In general, I think the funniest bits are in ARR, but ARR is also full of tedious filler questing that sucks, especially around the part where you're in Costa. Once you get out of ARR the quests become much shorter with less filler. Doesn't quite reach the highs that it does in ARR sometimes, but I think they are all much better in general due to pacing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

EW Hildy has some moments that made me laugh the hardest I've ever laughed at a game before.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HackensackBackpack posted:

Yes, Heavensturn should be next, the festival of mochi and rewards that certain races can never use!

It's the Year of the Rabbit in 2023, which I believe was the very first Heavensturn back in 1.0 so I wonder if they'll repeat the event.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone wearing the Heavensturn gear outside of like the people who make deliberately ugly glamours to wear for two days (or just for a handful of screenshots) and then immediately replace

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

HackensackBackpack posted:

According to datamining, the new gear is a heavensturn-themed armor set with no helmet

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

gtrmp posted:

According to datamining, the new gear is a heavensturn-themed armor set with no helmet

Well of course. it's the year of the rabbit, and they can't wear hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Abhorrence posted:

Well of course. it's the year of the rabbit, and they can't wear hats.

lol