Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

New Leaf posted:

I think I just suck at this game.. I'm using what I think are decent decks but I've had the absolute WORST luck today. Loss after loss. About to rage and snap my phone in half (not really, I don't do that, but still..) I slipped from rank 42 to 39 somehow just over bullshit. Jubliee where I never find Jubliee, or she pulls a Sunspot in a clutch moment when ANYTHING else would have helped, or she pulls the goddamn ROCK a Korg threw at me. Other times its like people read my mind and when I have a 50/50 chance of dropping something in one of two areas that would seal the win they counter in exactly the right way.

Any advice on something idiot-proof I could try?

Out of the decks you've listed, the Ongoing one looks the best by far. I assume you're mid-pool-2 at this point? My absolute favorite deck at all levels has been a Moon Girl + Devil Dino deck in some form or another. A pool 1 version might look like this: https://snap.fan/decks/203119/.

In pool 2, the biggest upgrades for the dino deck are Agent 13 and The Collector. I don't actually love Iron Man in the deck either and would probably replace it with a pool 2 tech card like Shang-Chi or Cosmo.

The basic play pattern for a Moon Dino deck is:
- Turn 1: Skip if you have Angela / The Collector in hand unless your entire hand is 1 and 2 drops. Maybe skip anyway just in case you draw Angela/The Collector unless you're flush with 1-drops.
- Turn 2: Play Angela if you have her, ideally on a lane that rewards having lots of cards there (e.g. Mojoworld or Muir Isle). Otherwise play The Collector if you have him, otherwise play Sentinel or Cable.
- Turn 3: Play a 1-drop and a 2-drop if you can, ideally choosing cards that boost Angela and/or The Collector. If at all possible, you want to have Devil Dinosaur as near to the left side of your hand as possible at this point.
- Turn 4: The best possible play on this turn is to Moon Girl copying your Devil Dinosaur. If you can make this play it's almost always correct. If you can't copy Dinosaur, then the backup play is White Queen; I usually play her on the Angela lane to heavily reinforce it.
- Turn 5: Devil Dinosaur if you can.
- Turn 6: Devil Dinosaur if you can, plus a 1-drop that refills your hand (Agent 13, Mantis, discounted Sentinel). If you aren't lucky enough to have a second Dino, then this is the turn to reinforce your lanes, ideally only using cards that refill your hand. A last-turn Moon Girl can be a good surprise that buffs both Dino and The Collector.

I found this deck really easy to learn and some version has carried me into pool 3 quite smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I could see that being an upgrade, because if for some reason they throw Killmonger at you midway through the game, you play Ultron and flood the board with Ultron bots to replace what you lost

I'm sure he'll start wrecking my poo poo when I get to better competition, but where I'm at now I've seen killmonger exactly 3 times.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I think you have everything I listed in this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4002418&pagenumber=123&perpage=40#post528485198

if so give it a shot

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm sure he'll start wrecking my poo poo when I get to better competition, but where I'm at now I've seen killmonger exactly 3 times.

I saw him very rarely when I was running the "drop everything on 6" strat. Can't hit my one-drops if I don't have one-drops

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Jubilee where I never find Jubilee

Jubilee-

You are not finding Jubilees because you have ensured that two of the six cards you draw by 4 AREN’T Jubilee. This drops your chances by a good chunk. And then you are making it worse by having a one-drop in your deck, which you will never play on 1 or 2 because you have QS and Domino. I’d suggest cutting some or all of these cards.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

He's really common in Deathwave and Silver Surfer decks (not the Mister Negative variant though). I'm like, 5 for 5 in wins where I draw Killmonger into Ultron, but that's because Patriot decks run it, and it's one of the most telegraphed decks uhhh, ever.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm a big fan of a KaZoo T6 drop deck. It does work for me. Only play your high drops (Angela/Okoye, Bishop, Kazar, Blue Marvel) until turn 6 and then vomit the board with 1 drops. Sometimes you need to start vomiting on like T5 because you don't have Blue Marvel and that's fine but 90% of Killmonger decks have already used him by then so you're usually relatively safe. The only early one drop is Sunspot since you might skip a bunch of turns so you can boost him. Ultron would also work well in this deck but I don't have Ultron (or Patriot, or Mystique) so I stick with this one.

doingitwrong posted:

Thoughtful argument against Leader as it stands now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aumS0GEFGkw
I was shower thinking this and came up with the "only on this lane" solution too but he also has some really good and probably better solutions in there. I like the 5 cost and can't be played T6 solution, I think that's a really good and fair one and you couldn't do Leech/Leader combos anymore (unless one of the locations is Elysium at which point, that's just bad luck).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Love that I'm trying to look up Wong decks on Marvel Snap Zone and almost all of them have Zabu in it, a card that isn't even released yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I could see that being an upgrade, because if for some reason they throw Killmonger at you midway through the game, you play Ultron and flood the board with Ultron bots to replace what you lost

I keep Ultron in my Patriot and Kazoo decks for just that purpose

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I want Patriot so bad

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

So I should tell the story of a ludicrous game I played yesterday evening. I'm playing some version of Moon Dino here.

Turn 1: Pass.

Turn 2: Cable, drawing opponent's Galactus.

Turn 3: Snap (since Galactus minus Galactus is not a good deck). Play Mantis, drawing opponent's Knull.

Turn 4: IDK what I played, but opponent plays WAVE.

Turn 5: Galactus, blowing up ~35 power on board, into a lane with 2 cards and ~4 power for opponent.

Turn 6: Knull for ~35.

Opponent stuck around for the whole thing because they thought their Death would be good enough to beat me on turn 6. I wish I had taken a screenshot at the end.

So far this is the only Knull I've seen in the wild.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got really annoyed that someone did an Arnim Zola on a Death card (lucked out as there were 2 other cards where death was, neither would have won it) and won. Then gave the ms marvel thumbs up.

Mother hosed you just had the rng gods smile on you, there was a 66% possibility you would have eaten poo poo. Don't emote on that!!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

priznat posted:

I got really annoyed that someone did an Arnim Zola on a Death card (lucked out as there were 2 other cards where death was, neither would have won it) and won. Then gave the ms marvel thumbs up.

Mother hosed you just had the rng gods smile on you, there was a 66% possibility you would have eaten poo poo. Don't emote on that!!

that, my friend, is exactly when you emote

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is there a 1 cost card that obscures itself as another card?

I played someone named Rhomerik who dropped a turn 1 Infinaut without help from locations. Don't think it was a glitched bot, though I didn't stay to see. Couldn't be bothered when they snapped.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

I played someone named Rhomerik who dropped a turn 1 Infinaut without help from locations. Don't think it was a glitched bot, though I didn't stay to see. Couldn't be bothered when they snapped.

The only way I've seen turn 1 infinaut is with the +5 energy location (or from Sakaar), but obviously that's "with help from locations."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Donnerberg posted:

Sakaar should be the only thing that does that, unless it was Morph on Pegasus. What was the location?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Opopanax posted:

Sakaar should be the only thing that does that, unless it was Morph on Pegasus. What was the location?

It was the -1 location. I don't know what it's called.

I wonder if it could've been a graphical bug, but them snapping right afterwards made it seem pretty real.

Stupid of me not to screenshot it, though I did send a bug report with what little info I had.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 17, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mister Negative rules lmao

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I had the best game just now. There was the Nexus location (give power here to all locations), my opponent plays t3 wave and t4 hobgoblin. I had Bucky Barnes and Sabretooth on that location. I had carnage in hand.

He retreated after that.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

It was the -1 location. I don't know what it's called.

I wonder if it could've been a graphical bug, but them snapping right afterwards made it seem pretty real.

Stupid of me not to screenshot it, though I did send a bug report with what little info I had.

100% screenshot things like that. Realistically, it wasn't a bug, I suspect there is something missed there. Morph, etc, but without details one can only speculate.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Studio posted:

T1: Pass
T2: Pass
T3: Bishop
T4: Mr Negative
T5: Jane Foster
T6: 68 points on the left lane

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Out of the decks you've listed, the Ongoing one looks the best by far. I assume you're mid-pool-2 at this point? My absolute favorite deck at all levels has been a Moon Girl + Devil Dino deck in some form or another. A pool 1 version might look like this: https://snap.fan/decks/203119/.

In pool 2, the biggest upgrades for the dino deck are Agent 13 and The Collector. I don't actually love Iron Man in the deck either and would probably replace it with a pool 2 tech card like Shang-Chi or Cosmo.

The basic play pattern for a Moon Dino deck is:

I don't have a clue what pool I'm in.. What determines that?

Thanks though, I slapped this together. What would you sacrifice for A13 and Collector? I did drop Iron Man for Shang-Chi. Would be nice to ruin someone else's Dino.

Made this too - haven't playtested but will give it a shot, thanks.

doingitwrong posted:

You are not finding Jubilees because you have ensured that two of the six cards you draw by 4 AREN’T Jubilee. This drops your chances by a good chunk. And then you are making it worse by having a one-drop in your deck, which you will never play on 1 or 2 because you have QS and Domino. I’d suggest cutting some or all of these cards.

Sorry if I'm being dense but I'm not quite getting you. Others here suggested Sunspot since there's so many skipped turns. This is basically identical to an earlier Goon-suggested deck. What are you suggesting cutting, and for what? I don't have Infininaut yet, but I'm close - I think within a tier or two.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 17, 2022

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I don't have a clue what pool I'm in.. What determines that?

Your collection level. Pool 2 is levels 222-486.

New Leaf posted:

Thanks though, I slapped this together. What would you sacrifice for A13 and Collector? I did drop Iron Man for Shang-Chi. Would be nice to ruin someone else's Dino.

I would remove Ant-Man for A13 and Scarlet Witch for Collector. Hope you have a ton of fun with the deck!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Studio posted:

I never really bothered but I’ve been trying his deck out today and it is pretty funny. You do nothing for like half the game and then you win

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
How does pool/collection level work if you’re CL 100 but buy the pack with Doom? Do you still only match with other newbies?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Silynt posted:

How does pool/collection level work if you’re CL 100 but buy the pack with Doom? Do you still only match with other newbies?

Can you buy it that low? I thought they gated it to like CL500 or something so you didn't get newbies w/Doom.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I didn't see any of those top tier bundles like that until I passed CL500. You don't even get to unlock those rotating Tier 3/4/5 cards until that level.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

I never really bothered but I’ve been trying his deck out today and it is pretty funny. You do nothing for like half the game and then you win

OTOH you really need to pay attention. I just lost a game because I played Jubilee, but my deck was empty :downs:

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Video Games › Marvel Snap! You do nothing for like half the game and then you win

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

New Leaf posted:

Sorry if I'm being dense but I'm not quite getting you. Others here suggested Sunspot since there's so many skipped turns. This is basically identical to an earlier Goon-suggested deck. What are you suggesting cutting, and for what? I don't have Infininaut yet, but I'm close - I think within a tier or two.

Sunspot is flex, better when you get Infini, but like the only reason to cut it is if Jub pulling Sunspot occasionally triggers you. The thing with quicksilver/domino is they take your draw. So by default, your chance of drawing Jub by turn 4 is 7/12 (58.3%), you draw 7 times from a deck of 12. America makes this a 7/11(63.6%) chance because you can't draw her by turn 4. Quicksilver/Domino are guaranteed draws so you have less chances to draw Jub. Having one of them makes the draw odds go to 6/10 (60%) and both 5/9 (55.5%) with America, worse without. You can probably justify Domino since the draw odds isn't that much worse for a more consistent early game but both plummets the draw chance. For replacements, I would look at things in the 3 cost range that you would be okay with Jub pulling. Short version: cut quicksilver for sure, up to how the cards feel to you for the other two.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

New Leaf posted:

This video covers the math of Quicksilver and Domino. The problem is that having them reduces your chance of drawing Jubilee in time for turn 4. Which you really want to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pINKfFaccTk

If you don’t have Infinaut, then Sunspot is bad because you won’t be skipping turn 5. (Infinaut is: put 20 power and probably single-handedly win a lane at the cost to skipping turn 5 — Sunspot gains 5 power on 5 as a result). You have plenty of turn 4, 5 and 6 plays with all your big cards. Since you are always drawing QS on 1 and Domino on 2, the only turn you grow Sunspot is 3. So Sunspot won’t get a chance to grow significantly.

Your deck’s plan is to overwhelm the opponent with more stats in two lanes. So you are looking for ways to bring big stats and protect them. You want to think about how you handle (or do you just retreat) against decks that can kill big stats or disrupt “On Reveal”. Armor is a good card for protecting your big cards. You are also vulnerable to lanes that don’t let you play into them directly. Klaw does help there, but you might consider Vision if you can get him.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Now that I’m facing people running Shang-Chi my Devil Dino is getting hosed up when I don’t pull Jubilee.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I've finally made a deck I enjoy. all about cycling discard cards through lockjaw or recycling through beast to get big numbers. some locations are the only thing that really stop me. popping people's cards with Gambino never gets old.

# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Beast
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Gambit
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (6) Apocalypse
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3b3JkTWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd2FybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9yYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FtYml0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlQ29sbGVjdG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2x2ZXJpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxvY2tqYXcifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

There is very little that's more satisfying than disrupting a massive Wong play.

Playing my Surfer deck, saw Wong drop. Used Juggy with priority to knock out their next card before it has a chance to pop and dropped Goose on the lane to lock it down from any other big play. Had a rage Gambit thrown at me in response. Absolutely satisfying.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Put together a new deck to try literally the first thing I see is District X that puts Agatha in my hand

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

cirus posted:

Put together a new deck to try literally the first thing I see is District X that puts Agatha in my hand

I had that happen to me with The Triskelion. It was Agatha all along!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Opopanax posted:

OTOH you really need to pay attention. I just lost a game because I played Jubilee, but my deck was empty :downs:

One of the biggest QOL change I'd make is just tiny number(s) next to the avatars, to track hand size, and maybe discard size if needed. Instead now I find myself constantly clicking on the top area multiple times to check how big is their hand, especially if it's like Discard, or a deck that keeps adding cards to their own deck

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Artelier posted:

One of the biggest QOL change I'd make is just tiny number(s) next to the avatars, to track hand size, and maybe discard size if needed. Instead now I find myself constantly clicking on the top area multiple times to check how big is their hand, especially if it's like Discard, or a deck that keeps adding cards to their own deck

List of discarded cards would be great too. Also, priority updating faster. That poo poo had lost me games!

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Goddamn I might have to put this game down for a bit. Climbed up to 80 and I've just hit a brick wall. Can't get past 81 to save my life. Just the whole last week ping-ponging back and forth from 79-81. No idea why this is the break point where I just can't progress.

Doesn't help that the last 3 cards from caches were M'Baku, Quake and then Rockslide...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This has been bugging me; who is Mystique turning into in her base art?