Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I think Twitter should have a Putney Swope like situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

They're waiting for you, Elon. In the Saudi embassy.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Endorph posted:

yes 57, no 42. yes is definitely gonna win.

stop the steal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

And that's with all the bots voting no. Imagine how lopsided it would be without the bots vote.
tbf theres probably bots voting yes too. theres already 3 million+ votes. its getting brigaded to hell

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ccc c c can i be a mod??????????????

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

ded posted:

ccc c c can i be a mod??????????????

No.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

twitter will implement idiot kings

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Full context of the last three. Hinting he'll kill Twitter. :lol:

There are only two things in this world that are more embarrassing than these tweets

The second most embarrassing thing is debating over whether to vote yes or no in this poll instead of just closing your account

The most embarrassing is still having a twitter account at all, like holy smokes what a pathetic loser you would have to be to still be on twitter right now

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Even if this poll is just for a show it's hilarious knowing he will be obsessively monitoring it for the next 10 hours because he's so desperate for acceptance

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/Qban_Linx/status/1604638387717242880?s=20&t=hp0dpb9sTNEIEikxDHt8yQ

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

thin blue whine posted:

why does anyone here want musk to step down what is happening?

Even were Elon to step down, that wouldn't stop him Tweeting or trying to interfere with the company

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1604619715426525184

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Musk buying twitter was objectively the best thing to happen to twitter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Endorph posted:

yes 57, no 42. yes is definitely gonna win.

That’s a solid chortle from me. Perhaps a guffaw

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Being worshipped by cryptobros for the last couple years probably didn't help Elmo's narcissism or belief that he had more supporters than detractors.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

thin blue whine posted:

why does anyone here want musk to step down what is happening?

i don't care if he abides by the poll, i just want him to lose the poll because it would be extremely funny

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

i wonder where the sink is

if he still has it around

if it makes him sad

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I dunno about the theory that Saudis told him to step aside (who is this Raisini guy and why does he respond to every musk tweet??) but I don't think there's really a way forward for twitter either way. A new CEO can roll back all the changes he made, but that won't change that everyone knows the site is owned by a lunatic and that a lot of people have already left for good, and that there's probably some pretty hefty fines from the FTC and EU coming up. The site is doomed.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Even the dude that Elon broke in to "fix Twitter" is clowning on him:

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1604599855560605696?s=20&t=_Uyd4_YYSxUufwZU3457mA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Did he just stop?

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

I guess elon is on the slump of his drug binge. it should probably be pointed out that he just watched messi, probably the best football player ever, get worshipped like a hero at the world cup. It's watched by literally a billion people so maybe narcissist elon got a reality flash of how insignificant twitter is and that no one likes him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this, and the claim that the Saudis told him to get his poo poo together or else, convinced him to melt down like this.

Even if Musk has crypto bros fawning over him, everyone knows that respect and adoration is super transactional.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Entropic posted:

i don't care if he abides by the poll, i just want him to lose the poll because it would be extremely funny

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Did he just stop?

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1604601911297986561?s=20&t=FgfQRoJh-Ijz4O8SXbOlKg

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Looking at that pic in that context, I'd say that's a pretty convincing argument:hmmyes:

WarMonger
Jun 13, 2001

Eagerly awaiting to find out which free speech social media platform suddenly becomes frequented by a Definitely Not Mad anonymous poster after elon gets banned from Twitter

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
lol that elon's mom is aggressively defending her son like lowtax's did

also lol that an entire twitter subculture was influenced by fyad posters not to mention how 4chan led to a small country's worth of cult members. the reach and subsequent poisoning wrought by SA deserves a netflix mini series. lowtax played by seth green

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Tippecanoe posted:

I dunno about the theory that Saudis told him to step aside (who is this Raisini guy and why does he respond to every musk tweet??) but I don't think there's really a way forward for twitter either way. A new CEO can roll back all the changes he made, but that won't change that everyone knows the site is owned by a lunatic and that a lot of people have already left for good, and that there's probably some pretty hefty fines from the FTC and EU coming up. The site is doomed.

No one can save it under any circumstances because it's saddled with more debt than it can ever hope to pay off, lol

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Doesn't he realize that a decent amount of americans want out, but can't because they can't afford to due to how the system is established?

ah but that's where you're wrong. you see, elon ingeniously only mentioned walls, and said nothing about big trenches or moats.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Did he fix the search yet?

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Just walked into twitter HQ and found elon like this:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

R.L. Stine posted:

lol that elon's mom is aggressively defending her son like lowtax's did

also lol that an entire twitter subculture was influenced by fyad posters not to mention how 4chan led to a small country's worth of cult members. the reach and subsequent poisoning wrought by SA deserves a netflix mini series. lowtax played by seth green

Seth Green as young Lowtax, sure.
Old Lowtax is just John Goodman from the big Lebowski. These days you could probably go with Seth Rogen or Jonah Hill to do it effectively.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Edwardly posted:

Already adding caveats.

Nobody in their right mind would work for musk in that position because who can fix a company that he's actively trying to destroy?

Oh I see, he wants to find somebody else dumb enough to pour money into the endless gaping maw of debt he's turned Twitter into. There's really no fixing Twitter at this point - the very first thing a new CEO would have to do would be to roll back all Musk's stupid loving ideas, then re-hire a good portion of the ex-Twitter people (who won't want to come back if Musk still owns the company, regardless of who the CEO is) or hire new people who want to risk working for a lunatic. And the only thing that accomplishes is salvaging the site from caving in on itself. It doesn't bring in any revenue to pay the bills, doesn't evade all the fines about to get dumped on them, doesn't bring people back to the site, and definitely won't assuage advertisers for a long while.

Elon just doesn't want to be listed as the Captain on the logbooks when the Titanic goes down. He thinks jumping ship early will save his reputation lmao.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cthulu Carl posted:

Did he fix the search yet?

He sort of fixed the stupid log in after scrolling thing by giving it an X button

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol he found his out after he failed to single handedly fix search like he said he would

I bet he will say he was only a week or two away from fixing it before Elon did an anti free speech

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If he actually steps down after..what..a month as leader? His TSLA stock is going to hit below $100 by the end of the day Monday lol. Jfc.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
someone please tell me how to short stocks. hurry

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

John Mirra posted:

Just walked into twitter HQ and found elon like this:

lol. looks like a frat i visited in 2000

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Musk can’t put a lovely CEO in charge because resigning doesn’t discharge his very real debt

He should just put it up as a twitter poll "discharge my debt? Yes / Not For A Week"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can we get a picture of him leaving Twitter with the sink he brought in when he inevitably loses this poll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDxUfpQ1wQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

theghostpt posted:

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1604630363795513345

Yes, please give control of the site to this Nazi, let's crank this stupid timeline to the max

The key to saving Twitter is to make Anti Brie Larson videos. It all makes sense now.