Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

JohnCompany posted:

Guys just press B to go into "sneak" mode and then you'll walk slow enough to not lose the idiot mon following you.

I just slow walked from the first town back to my house and then fed it a candy. It took 5-10 minutes and was not difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

indigi posted:

Nemona is the best rival ever. first time I thought they were fun the whole way through and their reaction to losing the post-champion battle wasn't a bummer. Awesome.

Nemona is probably my favorite rival character to be honest (as has been said before she’s basically Pokemon Trainer Goku), I hope she gets a decent role in the new anime as it feels like you could have a lot of fun with her

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I swear I took my tier-2 Palmachu to the front of the party the moment it evolved from tier 1 in the starter area and I think I then pressed "throw pokeball" to let it out (instead of sending out an order to attack/charge forward).

Then, I pressed the attack button a bunch to kill stuff (both of us on foot) and explored the starter zone for items until it leveled up from killing stuff and evolved. This might not have worked for me on the first levelup via slaughtering the local wildlife at this low level.

The pika-clone is supposed to be your 'Pikachu' in act1, if you aren't 100% about your starter for some reason. Just keep it out of the ball and don't be rude by outspeeding it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
If people are going nuts trying to find Palafin groups, hit up Reddit and there will be people posting link codes. I know, I know it's Reddit but it was painless for me, just hopped in, we waved at each other, evolved our silly dolphins, and bounced.

My favourite thing about Palafin is his little 'up up and away' air-punch gesture he does.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

JohnCompany posted:

Guys just press B to go into "sneak" mode and then you'll walk slow enough to not lose the idiot mon following you.

That's the slow walk I mentioned in that post! you goob.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Does Palafin ever appear in raids? That's how I got all my other annoying-to-evolve mons like Armarouge (I'm playing Violet) and Kingambit and Big Tumbleweed.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Diet Poison posted:

Does Palafin ever appear in raids? That's how I got all my other annoying-to-evolve mons like Armarouge (I'm playing Violet) and Kingambit and Big Tumbleweed.

I got one in a raid a couple of days ago

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diet Poison posted:

Yes, 5 Star Raids.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Did the gym leader rematches and tournament today and got in under the wire to catch my Charizard. :toot:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Having a lot of fun with Pokemon Scarlet but drat, I wish I could get through the text faster when there's status changes and what not.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Are there any particularly choice Pokemons I should use my Dragon crystals on from the raid?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Professor Gible

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jeoh posted:

Having a lot of fun with Pokemon Scarlet but drat, I wish I could get through the text faster when there's status changes and what not.

yeah it's lame

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lux Animus posted:

Professor Gible

He has a doctorate degree in cuteness

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I got the credits rolling. Best Pokemon game to date. :toot:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

do you think Professor Gible has tenure

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Next 7 star raid is Cinderace with a Fighting Tera type.

How nice they're still allowing my Azumarill to stay useful...

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

oh poo poo next 7-star raid is for Fighting Tera Cinderace

edit: beaten by mere seconds

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nodosaur posted:

It’s very likely it will have Gunk shot

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RatHat posted:

noooooooo

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

RatHat posted:

Same issue for Flutter Mane, unfortunately.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the storyline where you heal the guy's big dog is so loving good, i love that big dog

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Larryb posted:

Related, I like the implication that Pawmi was Nemona’s actual first Pokémon (Pawmot is the only one out of its ball when you visit her dorm room during the postgame)

Speaking of rooms, I also like that the Eevees have basically completely taken over Penny’s
when i went into arven's room and it was all neat and tidy and he was like "of course i keep things clean!! mabostiff sheds all the time, so I clean every week!" i thought that was cute

when i went into penny's room immediately afterwards and it was a massive disaster zone covered in takeout containers, pet hair, anime merch, and all of her veevees, i had to put the controller down because i was loving cackling

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I missed out on the Charizard raids, sadly...

...but I got REAL lucky and received a Charmander in a wonder trade! :peanut:

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Are Wonder Trades version exclusive now? I’ve been doing lots to fill out my international Pokédex and get the Scarlet version exclusives, but I’ve barely received anything aside from a Larvitar and Jurassic Jigglypuff.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Violet is just a lot more popular than Scarlet, I think is the issue.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

koraidon is too ugly to spend so much in game time with. as a buddy you send out to battle it works but I’m not trying to chill with chicken monster

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

koraidon is v good. the future one looks so bad

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

They both are good boys, but gently caress orange pants.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Hell yes! I've been waiting on when they're going to release the newer starters in the raids! I just hope they actually put this gens starters in too, I Iike having all my ducks nice and in a row. On that note I'm breeding for a shiny Pawniard in Sw/Sh right now so if there's anybody who wants some 6IV adamant breedjects just let me know.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Speaking of shiny pawniard I just had a very strange experience. Flew to fury falls to fight some trainers there to get the earthquake TM, but as soon as i started moving I saw a group of pawniard around a bisharp, and one of them was shiny. Caught it right away and evolved it into a bisharp and then started to look for more packs to get it to evolve. Once I finish a battle with one I notice a shiny spidops in the background, which I also went to immediately catch.

These are the first shinies I've seen out in the wild in this game.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

I got the credits rolling. Best Pokemon game to date. :toot:

If they somehow include my boi Typhlosion in the DLC it'll be the GOAT for Pokemon games.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Violet_Sky posted:

If they somehow include my boi Typhlosion in the DLC it'll be the GOAT for Pokemon games.

I almost have to think there's gonna be a way to get Hisuian Pokemon in the game when DLC eventually comes out. Some Area Zero energy or something as an item

the way that the DLC for this game specifically points in two directions (Kalos and Area Zero) makes me think we're getting a curveball on something

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

He's a cutie actually

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

My daughter is excited because Scorbunny/Cinderace is her favorite Pokemon.

I'm not sure she knows "Cinderace" is the name of the Pokemon because she nicknamed her Scorbunny "Zanoff" for some reason and now if she sees me playing Pokemon Unite or something she'll ask "Ooo, is that Zanoff?"

EDIT: She played Pokemon Shield but she didn't know how to read so I would watch with her and do voices for all the characters. Now she's reading up a storm in Violet. :3:

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 19, 2022

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
silly question but once I get the Shiny Charm and the sandwich going, do I just run around in circles until I spot a Shiny or do I have to beat them up to despawn em?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Haschel Cedricson posted:

EDIT: She played Pokemon Shield but she didn't know how to read so I would watch with her and do voices for all the characters. Now she's reading up a storm in Violet. :3:

Same with my nephew who I’m getting a Switch for for Christmas

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wizard2 posted:

silly question but once I get the Shiny Charm and the sandwich going, do I just run around in circles until I spot a Shiny or do I have to beat them up to despawn em?

With outbreaks you beat em' up in the hopes of getting a shiny spawn. In the normal overworld if you've eaten a shiny sandwich it should increase your encounter rate for a specific typing so just keep moving carefully throughout the area that pokemon would spawn in and check throughly. When I was hunting shiny scream tail the highest spawn rates were underground on the rocky outcroppings for example.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Finally picked up Violet today and my Sprigatito's a girl ::sparkles: I've never had my starter be a girl before so I'm kind of stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got a Spriggy in my first wonder trade and just before I went to the Pokémon league I realized I had a grass/dark shaped hole on my team so candies her up and took her along, saved my rear end vs Nemona.