Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Destroyer plus the ongoing cards and spectrum will play for you through all pool 3. Nice pulls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Getting tired of seeing leader

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I haven't run into Leader that much yet, and I don't think I've run into Galactus at all. Somehow I got hit with Knull the same day as release.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

I pulled a random Galactus today and hosed up using him and lost :(

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

My goal for this season was to push to 60 for a cool variant. I was at 50 this morning so I switched to the meta Leech/Leader list and cruised to 60. I lost a few games because of dumb plays, like not counting before I dropped a Magneto, but overall it's a really solid list. If people would stop retreating after a turn 5 Leech I might have been able to climb quicker. My punishment was getting a very meh Omega Red variant. Afterwards I got Thanos from a collector's reserve so maybe I'll mess around with that while I try for 70.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

Destroyer plus the ongoing cards and spectrum will play for you through all pool 3. Nice pulls!

Got up to 83 with that, now trying this:
code:
# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb2Jnb2JsaW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
and it's getting a lot of retreats, anyway. Feels a little disjointed, maybe could use some tweaks.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven't run into Leader that much yet, and I don't think I've run into Galactus at all. Somehow I got hit with Knull the same day as release.

I think literally 90% of my games tonight have been into Leech/Leader lol

e: this was my first stab at Destroyer w/ Ongoing for whatever that's worth
code:
# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Sera
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJGYW50YXN0aWMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FycGF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlc3Ryb3llciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 19, 2022

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Is there a pity timer in this game? I get CL 3000 and had a Collector's Reserve for 2998.

Wanted Yellowjacket so I can start getting 400 token chances, but this is a good surprise. I know the changes of getting a Series 4 card is 2.5% but being this close to 3000 seems wildly coincidental.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Hauki posted:

Got up to 83 with that, now trying this:
and it's getting a lot of retreats, anyway. Feels a little disjointed, maybe could use some tweaks.

Looks cool. When do you typically play She Hulk?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I believe there is a pity timer for series 4 but it is 1/40 caches. Series 5 is something like a 0.25% chance with no pity timer so it's 1/400 on average.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

buffalo all day posted:

I just got destroyer but I can't really figure out what makes the ongoing deck work. I feel like I'm not really able to react to anything it's just stacking power and retreating if I don't get the draws.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Looks cool. When do you typically play She Hulk?

Kinda depends on my hand and the map I guess, you can pass on 3 and play her + Sunspot or +1 Sunspot on 4, pass on 4 and play her + Storm or Killmonger on 5, or pass on 5 and drop her in one lane plus Aero or Hobgoblin another. Most of my opponents seem to expect an Infinaut if I pass on 5. Magneto's just another way to drag stuff around favorably, don't know if Hobgoblin's the best choice with as much Odin as I see, but I haven't lost to it yet at least?

e: oh, you can also pass 5 and then drop She Hulk plus Shang Chi or Enchantress on 6 if needed
If I had Daredevil, I might try that plus Professor X and more proactive 3s/4s too.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 19, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone need a Swarm??

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

mirror123 posted:

I just got destroyer but I can't really figure out what makes the ongoing deck work. I feel like I'm not really able to react to anything it's just stacking power and retreating if I don't get the draws.

I have been playing an Ongoing/Destroyer deck a lot over the past couple of days. In my opinion the goal is to build up on one lane with your Ongoing cards. Using Armor or Professor X you secure the win in that lane and then use the Destroyer on another to win it outright. If that does not seem to be working out you can opt to spread your power a bit and try for a turn 6 Spectrum play to turn the tide.

The wrinkle I've been running into is using Colossus on another lane(since he won't be destroyed) to try and feint your opponent into committing to another lane. Also you can use Cosmo on another lane to prevent the destruction from happening at all and possibly frustrating your opponent's plan anyway.

EDIT: Also you may not have them but I find Mojo and Attuma a nice combo to keep people away from the lane you want to claim. Mojo is a 2/2 gets +6 power if both players have 4 cards on a location and Attuma is a 4/10 that destroys itself it any other cards are on its location. Of course Armor negates this each turn so if you play it on an earlier turn you can make it a very unattractive place for your opponent to contest.

King of the Cosmos fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 19, 2022

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I believe there is a pity timer for series 4 but it is 1/40 caches. Series 5 is something like a 0.25% chance with no pity timer so it's 1/400 on average.

It isn't really a pity timer, because you can't average better than 1/40. The way it works is:

- Caches are in groups of 40, composed of 10 consecutive groups of 4.
- Within each group of 4, one cache has a card.
- One out of the 10 groups of 4 has a series 4 card.
- The remaining 9 groups of 4 have either a series 3 card or a series 5 card, with a 98.89% to 1.11% ratio.

So you average 1 series 5 card per 400 caches, but you get exactly 1 series 4 card every 40 caches.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Had a funny game earlier where we had the space that makes you switch hands for Turn 6. My opponent went with Leech on T5, which then gave him my Leeched cards for T6. Genius.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

"Man, I'm doing great tonight. I should start snapping!"

*3 hands later: lost all gains, down 2 ranks. Every other opponent is Leach/Leader*

"Man, I need to stop snappin'!"

*opponents all brain-dead. Meta decks are nowhere to be seen*

I'm playing a Sera flood deck that's pretty new to me, so I'm having a tough time deciding when to snap. However, I'm winning way more than I lose. I should probably just snap to start every hand and call it good.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Had Shuri pinned for days, now I open my client and the pin is gone.

Why is this game so poo poo?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Well aren't you cute....

......you're not my last Series 3 card though..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don't even play to win anymore I just play to hit whatever card usage the missions are, laff.

Just whatever gets my collection bigger and more upgraded!! :f5:

A Meatslab
Apr 15, 2010
Putting Goose on one location + next turn lobbing Mystique right onto Space Throne as it reveals has gone way too well for me over last few times Space Throne has popped up. God bless Blue Marvel.

Surprised no one at least plopped down a Sunspot to punish this buffoonery.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Literally the last Pool 3 card in my token shop was Patriot because I picked it up yesterday and the new card is one I know I've seen before.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

uXs posted:

Had Shuri pinned for days, now I open my client and the pin is gone.

Why is this game so poo poo?
People say this happens when you press ESC in the shop. Happened to me too made me real mad.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

People say this happens when you press ESC in the shop. Happened to me too made me real mad.

Yeah I know about that so I paid a lot of attention to avoid it.

Can't be 100% sure I didn't do it anyway. And I just saw someone say on a stream that apparently the 'back' button on Android does it too, so that could've been what happened.

Still a really poo poo design. "No worries guys, you can pin cards! (*)"

(*: except the pin goes away with no warning when you press the button to exit the game on the wrong screen lolololol)

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

*urge to listen to Frank Sinatra intensifies*

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 19, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Galactus is so stupid. opponent goes pass pass wave snap, I have cosmo in hand and it is a literal 50/50 to lose the game on the spot turn 4. But hey I drew the counter so I wasn't 0%!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Swear Ive not seen an opponent play Sandman my entire Snap experience until today when I decide to try a Surfer deck lmao

Not once.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

I didn't know if bar with no name would calculate the tie with negatives but it worked

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Swapped out Sinister for Invisible Woman in my Patriot deck and it's been working pretty well. Hides Patriot/Mystique until the end to protect them from Rouge/Enchantress, and protects everything else from Shang Chi

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Almost hit 50 this morning then all the good players logged on :argh:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Swapped out Sinister for Invisible Woman in my Patriot deck and it's been working pretty well. Hides Patriot/Mystique until the end to protect them from Rouge/Enchantress, and protects everything else from Shang Chi

Enchantress onto Invisible Woman (removing her ongoing) does not carry over onto the now revealed cards? Good mechanic to know.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Maneck posted:

Enchantress onto Invisible Woman (removing her ongoing) does not carry over onto the now revealed cards? Good mechanic to know.

I think if you enchant Invisible Woman, the cards behind her don't reveal until the next turn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

uXs posted:

I think if you enchant Invisible Woman, the cards behind her don't reveal until the next turn.

That's correct; you can also use her to protect your own cards from Destroyer, for example. The cards she's protecting skip the "reveal phase" at the end of each turn. If she's moved or disabled or destroyed, the effect goes away and they'll be revealed whenever the next reveal phase happens.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I will say the nice thing about opening a bunch of lovely pool 3 cards early is it gets them out of the way and gives you a lot of good pool 3 cards to open later! Last 3 additions were Maximus, Captain Marvel, and Aero. I scrolled way down the collector's track to look back fondly on my early hat trick of Rockslide, Quake, and Baron Mordo. At this point I'd probably pick up Daredevil or Mysterio with credits but I don't think there's much else in p3 I'm left wanting for.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

goferchan posted:

I will say the nice thing about opening a bunch of lovely pool 3 cards early is it gets them out of the way and gives you a lot of good pool 3 cards to open later! Last 3 additions were Maximus, Captain Marvel, and Aero. I scrolled way down the collector's track to look back fondly on my early hat trick of Rockslide, Quake, and Baron Mordo. At this point I'd probably pick up Daredevil or Mysterio with credits but I don't think there's much else in p3 I'm left wanting for.
I just bought daredevil today. Card is disgusting and I hope it gets reworked or at least nerfed to 0 power.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I played almost 200 hours of Snap by now and I don't want anything to get nerfed.

Some cards could probably use a buff though.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I think I got enough energy

E:
Magneto rules the day against Surfer decks

cirus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 19, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just ran into User: Free Walking Orb

He wasnt lying :smug:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Preaching to the choir but a little tired of the high ranks being way more about not getting to play the game at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Dropping The Hood and Adam Warlock into Bar With No Name?

<Antonio Banderas in Assassins.gif/>