Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Pyrtanis posted:

I used to get UTIs all the drat time, and a doctor up here in Canada mentioned something about chicken carrying the bacteria? I thought she was nuts but nope! Turns out chicken can really cause it so be advised

e: we switched to buying frozen chicken and ever since I've been free of twat-rot

Yo, what the gently caress

Edit: aw poo poo a UTI snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sirotan posted:

Yo, what the gently caress

Edit: aw poo poo a UTI snipe

That's what they do though^

I've only had a couple I'm lucky, but every time it's been like what the hell is this all of a sudden

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

Same. I bought a ton of the cheap amazon dip strip tests to figure out if my piss discomfort is a UTI, a big UTI or just my underwear rubbin weird or my period making my lady bits more acidic and painful.

My doc told me that some women are just way more prone to them due to shape so im sorry that your doctor is a shithead.

I mostly just drink a ton of water and cranberry pills every month around that time and it mostly does an ok job preventing everything.

Amazon link? Are the strips difficult to read? There's a whole bunch of different colours on them right?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Killingyouguy! posted:

Amazon link? Are the strips difficult to read? There's a whole bunch of different colours on them right?

These are the ones I bought. They have an app with timers and so you can take pics for historical reference etc.

URINOX 10 Wellness Urine Test Strips for UTI, Ketone and More (30 Pack) https://a.co/d/9iCvy0W

Side note I used to work in a vets office and ran a lot of lab tests using dumb test strips just like this so I didn't really have any concerns about doing it.

I just pee into a sólo cup - very nice bc it's big so low risk for missing and then dip it and set it on some toilet paper to time it. Very straight forward operation. They come with a paper reference for color matching and what each color means.

A lot of times you can clear a uti by going ham on drinking water and using some azos for a few days and just use test strips daily to see if it's clearing. If it doesn't start to clear then call a doc for antibiotics.

Ymmv and I'm not a doctor but it's what I do.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Bonus: orange pee

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lmao I think the cranberry and vitamin c pills gave me a kidney stone

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
A nurse practitioner at a CVS told me about D-mannose and that was a game changer - it's a little more expensive to get cranberry pills with it, but what it does is make the cells lining your bladder and urethra like Teflon so the bacteria can't hook onto it and establish themselves. Fuckin UTIs are the worst

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Does anyone else have a problem with "pumping" out blood and blood clots when they stretch? Especially when first waking up? The last few mornings, my body just like automatically does a couple of kegels or something, and then I have to move verrrrrry carefully off the bed or I'll leak. I'm on a very heavy period right now, I've dropped at least a quarter cup of blood clots today alone

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My period just started, at around 8pm. I don't even remember the last time my period started this late in the day -- 99.9999% of the time, I wake up in the morning, pee, and then I see the blood when I wipe.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with "pumping" out blood and blood clots when they stretch? Especially when first waking up? The last few mornings, my body just like automatically does a couple of kegels or something, and then I have to move verrrrrry carefully off the bed or I'll leak.

Is this, like, not normal? I have to roll out of bed like my sheets are made of stained glass or something, or else my blood will gush out of me, and I thought this was the experience of every period-haver in existence. :geno:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
yeah i've always experienced the rush of blood in the morning. i just figure it uh sits there gathering and gotta squeeze squeeze and waddle.

menstrual cups rock tho and i dont have a problem as long as thats in

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao I think the cranberry and vitamin c pills gave me a kidney stone

This shouldn't happen afaik but oh dear if it did

Yeah that getting-up experience is usual for me too. You have to ease delicately out of bed, lest the flood comes.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

What I mean is, it's like lately my vagina is purposefully spitting when I wake up, not just leaking

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
gently caress period must be on its way, I had a mental snap at work and left in tears because a coworker was being way too loud with a customer (as in screaming laughter about jokes and you KNOW what he's like and OMG I SO DO HE SO IS LIKE THAT) while my work device wouldn't connect, boss said I can't leave until it works, and I could barely hear his instructions how to fix it because of the screaming jokers.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I've had a couple small acne spots on my face for the last week, they weren't really doing anything but they weren't going away either despite my best efforts. Of course as soon as my period hits they become giant inflamed whiteheads overnight. I had really lovely skin as a teenager and maybe five years of clear skin in my 20s, then I guess my body decided I didn't deserve that anymore either. I would definitely make a deal with the period devil to make my cramps 10x worse in exchange for no hormonal acne.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Oh god....oh sweet lord.

I apparently bled through and onto my couch during my last period and somehow didn't notice it until like two days ago. Luckily my couch is red, so it's just a darker spot. I used some Woolite but...god...I dunno. I might just have to say I spilled wine on my couch until the end of time. How loving horrifying.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

This shouldn't happen afaik but oh dear if it did

Vitamin C pills have already given me a kidney stone once before (i am a fool for resuming them, yes) and apparently cranberry pills are not recommended with a history of kidney stones because they're All Oxalates All The Time

oops!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CherryCola posted:

Oh god....oh sweet lord.

I [...] might just have to say I spilled wine on my couch until the end of time. How loving horrifying.

drat, you must really love that couch. :haw:

But seriously though, that really really really sucks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

CherryCola posted:

Oh god....oh sweet lord.

I apparently bled through and onto my couch during my last period and somehow didn't notice it until like two days ago. Luckily my couch is red, so it's just a darker spot. I used some Woolite but...god...I dunno. I might just have to say I spilled wine on my couch until the end of time. How loving horrifying.

I can top that.

Years ago laying on the floor with the dog, and apparently bled through and left a spot on the carpet. That the dog tried to dig up, and when that failed, tried to bite the stain free.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

wizardofloneliness posted:

I've had a couple small acne spots on my face for the last week, they weren't really doing anything but they weren't going away either despite my best efforts. Of course as soon as my period hits they become giant inflamed whiteheads overnight. I had really lovely skin as a teenager and maybe five years of clear skin in my 20s, then I guess my body decided I didn't deserve that anymore either. I would definitely make a deal with the period devil to make my cramps 10x worse in exchange for no hormonal acne.

About a year ago I started taking Spironolactone for my (grown rear end adult) acne and that poo poo worked so well. No not hormonal acne! My skin looked great for the first time in years!

Then it started loving with my menstrual cycle. Spotting for a month straight. Horrible breast tenderness. Irregular periods. These things had never happened to me before. Figured I'd adjust to the new meds after a couple of months. Instead I just started having weird sharp abdominal pain that didn't go away. And what felt like a mass in one breast. I ended up having all kinds of tests done, including my first ever mammogram and a vaginal ultrasound (which honestly wasn't as horrific as I assumed it would be). They never did find anything.

Anyway, I stopped the Spironolactone pretty much immediately after that and now my skin has gone back to poo poo but at least I'm not having all kinds of mystery pain anymore. It really did do wonders for my skin so maybe chat with your doctor about it. It seems like some mild side effects are fairly common (like irregular periods and spotting) and what happened to me was fairly unusual. I've been procrastinating on making an appointment to go back to the dermatologist to try something new.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's the second day of my period, the hell day. :toot:

So here's the thing. I am clean, my clothes are clean, my pad/tampon situation has been fresh all day with no apparent leaks, so why has the smell of period blood just been lingering in my nose? :gonk:

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Same reason that I smelled toddler poo poo for 24 hours after leaving a 2 hour visit to my friend with a child’s house- period bloodhound nose. Is there a homeopathic amount of stink in the air? Enjoy smelling that everywhere you go for the next day and a half.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's the second day of my period, the hell day. :toot:

So here's the thing. I am clean, my clothes are clean, my pad/tampon situation has been fresh all day with no apparent leaks, so why has the smell of period blood just been lingering in my nose? :gonk:

Lady Macbeth Syndrome

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Does anyone else have a problem with "pumping" out blood and blood clots when they stretch? Especially when first waking up? The last few mornings, my body just like automatically does a couple of kegels or something, and then I have to move verrrrrry carefully off the bed or I'll leak. I'm on a very heavy period right now, I've dropped at least a quarter cup of blood clots today alone

Yes!!!!!!!!!

Does it kind of feel like a pulsating, pumping of the muscles in your vaginal canal?

Also I use a diva cup and that seems to help keep blood clots out of my liners. I have to wear two pads to bed with it though because I have a super heavy flow. Those things are supposed to only have to be emptied once every twelve hours. LMAO try every hour and a half. I still recommend one, especially for home use and for camping.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

don longjohns posted:

Yes!!!!!!!!!

Does it kind of feel like a pulsating, pumping of the muscles in your vaginal canal?

Also I use a diva cup and that seems to help keep blood clots out of my liners. I have to wear two pads to bed with it though because I have a super heavy flow. Those things are supposed to only have to be emptied once every twelve hours. LMAO try every hour and a half. I still recommend one, especially for home use and for camping.

Yes, exactly! It hasn't happened since, but that's exactly what it was. I would use a diva cup but internal things make me cramp terribly. Even tampons are uncomfortable. I use period rags for really heavy nights, but those can still leak sometimes because I move around in my sleep so much

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Yes, exactly! It hasn't happened since, but that's exactly what it was. I would use a diva cup but internal things make me cramp terribly. Even tampons are uncomfortable. I use period rags for really heavy nights, but those can still leak sometimes because I move around in my sleep so much

Oh I'm so sorry! That sounds really frustrating. I hate that itchy feeling in the morning when everything is leaking everywhere and it's sooooooooo much worse when my liners are all squinched around.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Period started 3-4 days ago, and I think I'm past the "get up at least twice a night to change tampons/pads" stage, and drat, it's such a relief.
I hate those nights so much :argh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't know if that would be better or worse than the "wake up once but have an entire ocean of blood pour out all at once" thing. It would be nice if periods just paused while we were asleep & waited until we were fully awake to start up again.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know if that would be better or worse than the "wake up once but have an entire ocean of blood pour out all at once" thing. It would be nice if periods just paused while we were asleep & waited until we were fully awake to start up again.

Good luck ever getting me to be awake again then

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There was this thing in I think South America? where you'd get a catheter and a hand pump and you could suck out the entire contents of the uterus. This was for abortion but they sold it as for getting your period done in an afternoon to skirt the law.

Anyway I would love to get my period done in an afternoon are you kidding??

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Killingyouguy! posted:

There was this thing in I think South America? where you'd get a catheter and a hand pump and you could suck out the entire contents of the uterus. This was for abortion but they sold it as for getting your period done in an afternoon to skirt the law.

Menstruation extraction! Developed in the ol' US of A pre-Roe (so don't be surprised if it makes a comeback). I would for sure use it for my period

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Hullo, not quite a posessor of a uterus here, but my matey who does have one reccommended this for cramps
https://www.bad-heilbrunner.de/de/arznei-und-kraeutertee/vitalitaet/menstruations-tee

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was hoping 'menstruation tee' was gonna be a t-shirt

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Killingyouguy! posted:

That sounds...uncomfortable

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

I was hoping 'menstruation tee' was gonna be a t-shirt

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh good yeah thanks period this is perfect, five pm on Christmas eve is the PERFECT loving TIME to show up to make sure tomorrow sucks as hard as possible, THANK YOU

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
Yo is this the place to discuss PMDD? I haven't been formally diagnosed or anything but for the past year or so I've been using Daylio to track my moods and there's a consistent pattern where I feel like a pretty normal human for maybe one or two weeks right at the start of my cycle and then everything goes to unpredictable garbage. I'm shelling out some money for one of those home hormone DUTCH tests because gently caress going to the doctor right now

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Catkin posted:

Yo is this the place to discuss PMDD? I haven't been formally diagnosed or anything but for the past year or so I've been using Daylio to track my moods and there's a consistent pattern where I feel like a pretty normal human for maybe one or two weeks right at the start of my cycle and then everything goes to unpredictable garbage. I'm shelling out some money for one of those home hormone DUTCH tests because gently caress going to the doctor right now

This is primo bitch zone for all things related to the scene in The Shining where the elevators doors open and it's blood, but it's in your underwear and not a classy hotel.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Catkin posted:

Hey that's why I started tracking mine, was to be sure that the occasional bouts of black depression lasting a couple hours at a time were hormonal! ..they are

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Catkin posted:

Yo is this the place to discuss PMDD?

Hell yeah it is. PMDD, regular PMS, blood clots, bloating, weird cravings, itchy tits, childbirth, lactation, having really bad gas: this is your one-stop shop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I missed the last couple of periods due to the stress of moving. I'd get like just the teensiest bit of bleeding on one day late in the week, which was enough for me. But now that I've moved and settled and am on vacation with my in-laws at just the right time, I can feel all the sturm und drang of my period trying to start on time. I've been moody and irritable in the week leading up, I feel bloated, I've been having hellacious cramps.

Me, skipping my iron pill week and jumping straight to my next pack of bc so I'm not having my period on vacation with the in-laws: