Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Got destroyed by a guy named TONY STANK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

smdh at people with the snap title who won't snap

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tom Smykowski posted:

Beautiful.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Whoever said Wong was bad I totally understand now. It's either shut down or you get 1 cube if opp has no answer

Also it may have been the same person but big thanks to whoever advised me to snap the minute I see a discarded Hela

Someone played Moon Knight on Sinister London (?) and I clapped like a seal

Tom Smykowski posted:

HAhaha Ive played that guy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

the_american_dream posted:

Also it may have been the same person but big thanks to whoever advised me to snap the minute I see a discarded Hela

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I am so snap averse now I just retreat on any opponent snap when I'm not 100% confident I can roll em, so on turn 1/2 pretty much always retreat.

I don't want to fall further from 50!!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

priznat posted:

I am so snap averse now I just retreat on any opponent snap when I'm not 100% confident I can roll em, so on turn 1/2 pretty much always retreat.

I don't want to fall further from 50!!

With that attitude you'll never hit 100!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Whoever said Wong was bad I totally understand now. It's either shut down or you get 1 cube if opp has no answer

Yes!!!

This requires a highroll. Even if your opponent wins with it it wasnt a good play.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Going to walkback my cocky indifference on Leader.

Im now at the level where im seeing it a lot more and gently caress that card. If no other reason than it eliminates what should be a thoughtful play on turn 6 to turn brain off and play bighead man card win game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ive seen him pull hela but either she doesnt work when pulled from GR (obviously likely wrong with your post) or my opponents have just panicked into immediately playing him right after and theyve discarded nothing. Either way ive 100% seen her do that sad rear end shrug post pull many times.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah - if GR pulls Hela she'll act as normal. But either she has a lot of stuff to pull which means GR is unlikely to hit her or there's nothing else to pull in which case GR is "only" a 10 for 4 (that freakin card man).

Im now at the level where im seeing it a lot more and gently caress that card. If no other reason than it eliminates what should be a thoughtful play on turn 6 to turn brain off and play bighead man card win game
I have a lot of thoughts about leader. My biggest issue with nerfing him is that the decks he's good against are already super popular/dominant. By default this is a game where dropping all your power turn 6 going second is wildly advantaged and lacking counterplay and the devs designed cards that specifically encourage you to do this. Sera is already the most popular pool 3 card even with leader in the game and Deathshulk is run excessively despite how much leader screws it over. The response is that Leech counters them but it really doesnt to the same degree because Leech is so bad so often and also leech already exists and those decks are still overplayed.

My other issue is that there are a lot of times I can beat leader and just don't play around it for some reason. It's sincerely often very taxing to play your cards and play around leader on turn 6 and is a rare occasion where I'd argue for a rope extension in a card game. I think a lot (not all ofc, just some) current losses to leader could easily be wins but it is just very hard to remember and play around.

The third fairly boring thing to note is that there are decks that are very strong vs leader like discard or surfer but they require massive numbers of pool 3 cards. Outside of spectrum there really are not pool 2 synergistic T6 plays that cuck leader.

So idk what the answer is, if Sera and Deathshulk and mr negative spam were not so powerful I would feel very differently about leader.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 19, 2022

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I was about to live the Hobgoblin Uno reverse dream with Odin but my opponent retreated before it could resolve :(

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I was about to live the Hobgoblin Uno reverse dream with Odin but my opponent retreated before it could resolve :(

I got a hobgoblin off of x-mansion once and got to send it over with odin, it was fun

I just saw someone play infininaught onto danger room and lose the roll, that was even better

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm glad leader exists because it makes the meta have fewer insanely greedy turn six decks.

Also I lucked into cerebro/mystique pretty early in pool 3 and just lol, lmao at copying my turn six.

In fact, go ahead and copy my turn 5 too:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

No Wave posted:

Yeah - if GR pulls Hela she'll act as normal. But either she has a lot of stuff to pull which means GR is unlikely to hit her or there's nothing else to pull in which case GR is "only" a 10 for 4 (that freakin card man).

I have a lot of thoughts about leader. My biggest issue with nerfing him is that the decks he's good against are already super popular/dominant. By default this is a game where dropping all your power turn 6 going second is wildly advantaged and lacking counterplay and the devs designed cards that specifically encourage you to do this. Sera is already the most popular pool 3 card even with leader in the game and Deathshulk is run excessively despite how much leader screws it over. The response is that Leech counters them but it really doesnt to the same degree because Leech is so bad so often and also leech already exists and those decks are still overplayed.

My other issue is that there are a lot of times I can beat leader and just don't play around it for some reason. It's sincerely often very taxing to play your cards and play around leader on turn 6 and is a rare occasion where I'd argue for a rope extension in a card game. I think a lot (not all ofc, just some) current losses to leader could easily be wins but it is just very hard to remember and play around.

The third fairly boring thing to note is that there are decks that are very strong vs leader like discard or surfer but they require massive numbers of pool 3 cards. Outside of spectrum there really are not pool 2 synergistic T6 plays that cuck leader.

So idk what the answer is, if Sera and Deathshulk and mr negative spam were not so powerful I would feel very differently about leader.

Very well thought out. Nothing to add just thanks for the response.

edit:
is there a single person who likes the TVA location?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 19, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ive seen him pull hela but either she doesnt work when pulled from GR (obviously likely wrong with your post) or my opponents have just panicked into immediately playing him right after and theyve discarded nothing. Either way ive 100% seen her do that sad rear end shrug post pull many times.

The best is when Rider pulls Odin, and then gets Hela on the second pull. Very satisfying

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Opopanax posted:

The best is when Rider pulls Odin, and then gets Hela on the second pull. Very satisfying

id uninstall

then reinstall like 15 mins later very angrily

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Valkyrie is a T6 greedy deck that eats Leader for lunch.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

I hear you and I whenever you get upset at an opponent playing Leader just have a Destroyer deck ready to go for the next few games. It never gets old when they destroy their entire board trying to outsmart you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was trying to run a Silver Surfer focused deck, but it seems like I need more Pool 3 cards to help with that like Sera before it's going to work very well.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's definitely playable without Sera. Brood is the only must-have IMO.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I play decks that actually put cards on the board before turn 4 so yes, it's nice that there's a mix of things in the pool that punish greedy decks in addition to the locations that punish playing cards early.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

My winrate with TVA is fantastic, so yes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

goferchan posted:

It's definitely playable without Sera. Brood is the only must-have IMO.
I do have Brood but maybe I'm just not getting the right order of how I need to play these cards. Surfer only adds the +3 to cards that are on the board, so I would assume it needs to be later. I don't have any 2 power cards in this deck right now, which I may have to fix.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’ve never really gotten the Sera love, at best you can play maybe 1 more useful card. I’ve just never gotten any utility out of her, at least not enough to waste 5 energy on.

And TVA is great when I’m using my Patriot deck, but not at any other time

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

I’ve never really gotten the Sera love, at best you can play maybe 1 more useful card. I’ve just never gotten any utility out of her, at least not enough to waste 5 energy on.

And TVA is great when I’m using my Patriot deck, but not at any other time

I beefed about Sera a bit earlier in the thread on the same front, particularly in my Agatha deck, but I've since subbed her back in and am starting to understand the appeal. Like someone else in the thread said there are a lot of good utility 4-cost cards, and getting to play two of them on T6 can be a game winner.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
also Sera on Bar Sinister is p great

Hauki
May 11, 2010

My Second Re-Reg posted:

also Sera on Bar Sinister is p great

Fine with Elysium too. Or with 2 other 3 drops into Surfer. I got Daredevil, Magik and Juggernaut today after the rest of my credits/tokens, so time for even more Sera I guess. That or Daredevil control pile with Aero, Magneto, Prof X?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Finally broke through 50 and now 60 seems really far away

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hmm so me and my unfortunate opponent just learned that if you Storm limbo the game ends at 6 despite the counter still saying there’s a turn 7.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Tom Smykowski posted:

Finally broke through 50 and now 60 seems really far away

Same. Slow and steady is how I see it. I was around 40 most of the weekend and now broken through to 51 so I'm just playing my game plan. Want that mystery (almost certainly crappy pixel) variant for the season.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hmm so me and my unfortunate opponent just learned that if you Storm limbo the game ends at 6 despite the counter still saying there’s a turn 7.
Weirdest part is the cubes double (at least as of last week or so). Very strange recent change.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Woohoo, She Hulk is back in the token shop. Got her pinned, all I need is a mere 2500 tokens

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I beefed about Sera a bit earlier in the thread on the same front, particularly in my Agatha deck, but I've since subbed her back in and am starting to understand the appeal. Like someone else in the thread said there are a lot of good utility 4-cost cards, and getting to play two of them on T6 can be a game winner.

You're gonna love next month's Season Pass card, then.

Zabu (in lore, Ka-Zar's pet tiger):
Cost 3, Power 2.
Your 4-Cost cards cost (2) less. [minimum 1]

No Wave posted:

Weirdest part is the cubes double (at least as of last week or so). Very strange recent change.

The cubes always double on the last turn - whether either player knows it's the last turn or not!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Quackles posted:

The cubes always double on the last turn - whether either player knows it's the last turn or not!
That's true now. It wasn't true three weeks ago.

november 29 patch notes posted:

Stakes will double correctly if Limbo is turned into another location on Turn 6 and ends the game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has to be a bug right? Storm changes TVA iirc

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, it was a recent change, not sure if it's great to be honest. It definitely feels rough when it happens.

I've also lost more than one game after playing Storm on a location I played Magik on the previous turn without thinking about it...

I just wanted another 3 drop so I can play Wong and surfer on turn 7.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

With Sera, you hold back for turn 6 and play a lot of 2-drops for maximum savings. Turn 5 Sera into Bishop, Mysterio, Bucky, Nova and Carnage is a heck of a swing, and you get to choose where it goes with almost complete flexibility.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

I do have Brood but maybe I'm just not getting the right order of how I need to play these cards. Surfer only adds the +3 to cards that are on the board, so I would assume it needs to be later. I don't have any 2 power cards in this deck right now, which I may have to fix.
i don't have Brood but do alright with a surfer deck, but it does have sera. There are 3 cost cards that disrupt the opponent (Polaris, Storm, Cosmo, Killmonger, Gambit, Debrii) and some that have nice effects depending on the board state (Groot, Wolfsbane, Thor when Lamentis was featured, Captain America, even Mr Fantastic) so you can mix and match the deck to keep it fresh. You have to pay attention to the opponent's board and if you can mess up what they're doing before you get to T6, and obv retreat if you don't draw well, but it works. It's also kinda low variance cube-wise because you tend to know before 6 if you're gonna win or if you should retreat.

Forge is a really good 2 power card to have since it'll buff your first 3 play (and that applies to the Broodlings if you drop Brood after it), and Iceman as a 1 cost because Iceman is annoying. Always drop Surfer last (and don't drop him on Doggo lol)

All that said, Sera is pretty key without Brood - occasionally I can pull out a win without her but it's much easier when you can drop 3 cards on 6. I think that with Brood, Sera wouldn't be quite as necessary.

No Wave posted:

My other issue is that there are a lot of times I can beat leader and just don't play around it for some reason(snip)

Outside of spectrum there really are not pool 2 synergistic T6 plays that cuck leader.
somehow Leader always surprises me. Sometimes I'll pull their leader with White Queen and it still surprises me when they drop it. But i'm dumb like that.

The Turn 6 zoo works pretty well against Leader (and is almost all Pool 1/ 2 cards) - typically they won't have the space for all your piddly 1 cost cards and won't have Kazar / Blue Man to buff them, and your Bishop / Angela will get buffed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

When a card is placed by a location effect, does that count as a play?

If I play Iron Man and a location places Armor from my hand, when I play mystique does she get one of their ongoing abilities and if so which?

Does Lockjaw trigger on such placements?