Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hotdog feet posted:

lol jesus loving christ, there's going to be discussions in master courses that discusses elon's inability to log off

Just think of all the wonderful things he can say tonight that will make all the TSLA shareholders who didn't sell off today, really, really regret it.

My money's on a lot of doubling down on the TSLA shares being 100% and no it's totally just the feds faults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

learnincurve posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat changed name to donehat and deleted all his tweets, only you can see how broken twitter is from what is refusing to delete.

What happened to @tweetofgod or whatever? The one that said "gently caress y'all" after trump got elected and legit quit twitter for a good chunk of time?

edit: looks like Musk was too repulsive for the Lord

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/1594148245164261378?s=20&t=mr6xY828D5MHudWK6Hf4Ew

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Tiny Timbs posted:

What loving bank has anywhere near stock market returns on their savings rates

Mine is like 0.1%

I think some high yield savings accounts can net you a couple points on return, but there are restrictions on how much\how often you can take money out.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Hazo posted:

What happened to @tweetofgod or whatever? The one that said "gently caress y'all" after trump got elected and legit quit twitter for a good chunk of time?

edit: looks like Musk was too repulsive for the Lord

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/1594148245164261378?s=20&t=mr6xY828D5MHudWK6Hf4Ew

I love reading Muskrat replies.

Some grade A sealioning that has aged well in light of Elon throwing nonstop tantrums between bouts of reinstating actual, genuine neo-nazis.

https://twitter.com/Heimbad/status/1594166444639588352

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lmao now his followers are copying the whole angle of musk asking questions "what do you find objectionable?" or "what would you do?", which is the laziest loving response to any of this.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m currently doing a masters in Holocaust and genocide studies and if I can find an angle to write about the Holocaust denial spewing out of these asshats for my essay you know I will.

at the rate he's going, give it a few days and I'm sure you'll get plenty of content.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

drat bots are getting so sophisticated that they can plummet a company's stock price. I hope the guy Hunter Biden hired to do this gets a nice bonus

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

drat bots are getting so sophisticated that they can plummet a company's stock price. I hope the guy Hunter Biden hired to do this gets a nice bonus

Hunters laptop has gained sentience and is out for revenge

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

learnincurve posted:

I'm start a degree in criminology and history with a focus on white collar crime starting January 2nd and :popcorn:

I thought you said "cinematography" and wondered how white collar crime came in.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Surely there's a trend!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Mine is like 0.1%

My Ally Bank savings keeps going up, it's at 3.3% right now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

He may start getting margin calls today the way TSLA is dropping

lol, lmao.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Hunter Biden's dick slapping a Bloomberg terminal forever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how lonely do you think Musky was during Thanksgiving?

What about now? By Xmas? New Years Eve?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

PhazonLink posted:

increasingly isolated

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
how are the twitter files on part 8??

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Perhaps he should retreat to some form of bunker.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

Much like Trump, he could spend time with his kids, but he sees them as extensions of him and not human beings.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Because they've been dropping like one every 2 days and they've just been 100 page tweets of inside baseball non-issues that even terminally online people don't give a poo poo about.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Why the big Tesla price drop today? Why not yesterday, or tomorrow? Did he do something exceptionally stupid today to cause this? Like, exceptional even for him?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Kashuno posted:

Yeah wasn't part 5 or 6 supposed to be the coup de grâce? Seems like they should have been done with then.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lucky Guy posted:

Why the big Tesla price drop today? Why not yesterday, or tomorrow? Did he do something exceptionally stupid today to cause this? Like, exceptional even for him?

He wasn't online most of yesterday to respond to the twitter poll until after hours so people thought he might actually step down as Twitter CEO. Today he made it clear that no, he's just gonna post through it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lucky Guy posted:

It briefly went up when he lost the "should I leave Twitter" poll, then nosedived when he backed out of it

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I can't stop laughing that Elon's response to the stock tanking to start arguing with shareholders. Because that hostile tactic worked so well with advertisers before. He's so bad at this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tesla shareholders are starting to get publicly antsy, to. And yeah, Elon shittalking them isn’t helping confidence either.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
the poll and post-poll silence lasted just long enough for people to dump their tesla stock and leave the rest of the rubes holding the bag :tinfoil:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lol at the amount of chuds who will empty their life savings and buy cratering TSLA stock to help out their free speech warrior

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgMCNXzNtE

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kashuno posted:

He wasn't online most of yesterday to respond to the twitter poll until after hours so people thought he might actually step down as Twitter CEO. Today he made it clear that no, he's just gonna post through it

Yep, he also showed anyone who might still have been in doubt that his word is completely worthless and he cannot be trusted.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

priznat posted:

lmao now his followers are copying the whole angle of musk asking questions "what do you find objectionable?" or "what would you do?", which is the laziest loving response to any of this.

but but but I thought he was a polymath genius idea man?

Are you telling me he's actually a complete dipshit moron who only succeeded by hurling his family's blood emerald money at actual smart talented people and taking credit for their work?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hunters laptop has gained sentience and is out for revenge

Man if only the local sheriff congress had listened to those darn kids, who've been warning us all, all night, that hunters laptop risen from the grave and started killing again!!!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tiny Timbs posted:

Like that is just a complete lie. No bank on the planet is offering anywhere close to stock market rates on their accounts. That would be like 10%.

Didn't Bernie Madoff said something like this in an interview?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He still hasn’t actually said what he’s doing about the CEO thing. He’s implied some stuff but nothing actually concrete

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

Mine is like 0.1%
I dunno, I’ve got some cash in an easy access account paying 5.25%. The catch is that there is a finite amount of money you can put in it to get that rate (£5000) before it drops off to like 0.5%.

There is perhaps a kernel of truth in what Musk is saying about savings accounts vs stocks, but as ever it misses the wood for the trees.

As should be obvious to everyone the price of TSLA stock is and was heavily predicated on the shared delusion that Elon was a smart businessman and visionary that always ultimately ended up being right. Him buying Twitter and setting fire to however much cash in the process probably wouldn’t have even affected TSLA much had he carried it out in a professional manner, and kept broadly quiet afterwards.

As it is though literally every decision he has made has been a disaster, and they have all played out in the public domain. It’s gotten to the point where every tweet he makes inflicts another cut to his image, and TSLA has become a barometer for how badly he has Posted Through It that day.

I personally think he’s done irreparable damage to TSLA at this point. Your average person has seen behind the curtain and can see him for who he really is, warts and all. It’s not a good look, and the more hopelessly incompetent knee jerk decisions he makes the more it appears that the success of his other companies is down to smart people managing him, rather than the other way around.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Buy Low Sell High Never Sell Hold Forever. Go to da moon with IronRick.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Pretty much, last ten pages has been :tviv:'ing the stock dive

oh and laughing at an Elon stan who thinks he's a brilliant engineer and his only fault is being a terrible person

Who was the stan? I am always scouting talent for other worthy morons.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

loving Moron posted:

Who was the stan? I am always scouting talent for other worthy morons.

he had a particularly ironic username:

confused

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/GerberKawasaki/status/1605323960140595200

lmao Elon just shits on this guy and this is what he comes back with

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

hotdog feet posted:

the poll and post-poll silence lasted just long enough for people to dump their tesla stock and leave the rest of the rubes holding the bag :tinfoil:

Let's be real here, since Elon announced he was buying Twitter last April, anyone holding Tesla stock was a rube.

Also the stock was already plummitting and had been since the Day of the Sink. It just paused long enough for the suckers to think that maybe something had changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hazo posted:

but but but I thought he was a polymath genius idea man?

Are you telling me he's actually a complete dipshit moron who only succeeded by hurling his family's blood emerald money at actual smart talented people and taking credit for their work?

Yeah his whole thing seems to be asking a question instead of engaging with any of the criticisms levelled against him, which does fool people a lot of the time that he is calm, rational, analytical. And not a colossal idiot who is actively wasting the time of anyone who attempts to engage with him.