Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh my god Giants got Boras'd hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
lol what

IDK why the Giants suddenly decided the Peter Angelos Orioles were the team to emulate

The Pussy Boss posted:

I will refrain from celebrating too much b/c I'm sure some Giants fans are bummed out. But thank loving God.

Without Judge, Correa, or Rodon the Giants are objectively worse than last year and last year they were .500

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Giants hosed up so, so badly. This is a horrible look for the organization.

Fortunately, as someone with no skin in the game, it's incredibly funny to me!

LOL Giants

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Totally thought the postponement was a formality. Stevie C is wild for this one.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Cohen really took the luxury tax being nicknamed after him as a challenge and not a deterrent, scary thing is that the team is almost certainly going to still be profitable even with overall payroll approaching/topping half a bil

LGM

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

What the hell did I just wake up to

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh my god Giants got Boras'd hard.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mets going crazy, love to see it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?????

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just woke up.

What has happened to the Mets. What is all this.

Edit: it is early

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 21, 2022

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Spendin’ Steve
The Hedge Fund Hallelujah
The Pwner of Owners
Great George’s Ghost
Baron of the Big Market

Well Played Mauer fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 21, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So Batty gets traded now? Or moved to LF?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

davecrazy posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nodoze posted:

I can't decide which option is funnier:

Giants back out cause of whatever medical thing they find and

A) He goes to the Mets and is perfectly fine through however long he ends up playing out of that contract

or

B) It pops up at the worst time and becomes a huge problem and he basically sucks now

Hm

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Thanks for sharing the hot reddit takes here on the SomethingAwful.com forums.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

these are the meltdowns I crave

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

but in all seriousness this is such a nut kick for giants fans

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Is "we didn't like his medicals" the ultimate "we tried"?

e: lol

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 21, 2022

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Nodoze posted:

I can't decide which option is funnier:

Giants back out cause of whatever medical thing they find and

A) He goes to the Mets and is perfectly fine through however long he ends up playing out of that contract

or

B) It pops up at the worst time and becomes a huge problem and he basically sucks now

:lol:

Well here we go

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If he's legit an injury risk and it flares up Cohen will DFA him and next man up. Dude really does not care about sunk cost.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Thanks for sharing the hot reddit takes here on the SomethingAwful.com forums.

I don't know who you are but you sound like you'd be exhausting to have a normal conversation with

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How long until the rest of the owners try to make the Stevie Tax even more punitive

Lol giants

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How long until the rest of the owners try to make the Stevie Tax even more punitive

Lol giants
Next Winter Meetings, I would imagine

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ammat The Ankh posted:

lol what

IDK why the Giants suddenly decided the Peter Angelos Orioles were the team to emulate

Without Judge, Correa, or Rodon the Giants are objectively worse than last year and last year they were .500

At this point you give up entirely, trade Webb for a haul, and ask Crawford if he wants to waive his NTC.

Also this might be the end of the Zaidi Era because this has principal ownership's markings all over it, but ignorant fans are calling for his head and will likely feel satisfied if the owners let him be the scapegoat. If you were Zaidi why would you want to continue working for these people? The boat was just becoming seaworthy and they drove it straight into the pier.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

What the hell did I just wake up to

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My favorite part is the Mets leaping to grab someone who is likely to be an injury risk.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My favorite part is the Mets leaping to grab someone who is likely to be an injury risk.

As a Phillies fan I say especially gently caress the Giants, but I can't imagine this would have happened unless there was some significant enough issue?

Either way this feels really bad for the league even if the Mets will probably Mets it up.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

davecrazy posted:

love this gently caress you money

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Escobar going from a 10 million dollar bench bat to starting 3b is not the end of the world.

That or they call up Batty again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

triple sulk posted:

As a Phillies fan I say especially gently caress the Giants, but I can't imagine this would have happened unless there was some significant enough issue?

Either way this feels really bad for the league even if the Mets will probably Mets it up.

Why

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Now more owners will look like dofuses for crying poverty instead of spending on their teams, this is bad for the league!

Every owner gets more money in their pocket from the Steve Tax, this is good for the league, more money for them to roll into their teams (lol)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Gonna lol when Mets still can’t win the East

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Steve Cohen rules.

Correa is a better SS than Lindor I wonder who is going to move to 3rd.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Steve Cohen rules.

Correa is a better SS than Lindor I wonder who is going to move to 3rd.

Correra is the A-Rod to Lindors Jeeter.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What the gently caress happened last night!?!?!?1

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

There has to be something significant in the medical exam for a Boras player to sign for 35 million less at this point. Nobody looks good in this except possibly the Mets.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao good morning

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This rules, this is NBA offseason poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Joey Freshwater posted: