Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Convex posted:

another twitter user several years into the 'im not owned' death spiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRCcEoGWxs

I am now redpilled after checking out this channel

Elon is good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In the case of Naomi Wolf I can kind of see how she got herself into trouble. Back in the olden days in England the death penalty was proscribed for a lot of different crimes but in most cases it wasn't carried out:

quote:

A large number of eighteenth-century statutes specified death as the penalty for minor property offences (the "bloody code"), meaning that the vast majority of the people tried at the Old Bailey could be sentenced to hang (one could be executed for stealing a handkerchief or a sheep). Nevertheless, judicial procedures prevented a blood bath by ensuring that sentences could be mitigated, or the charge redefined as a less serious offence.

Through partial verdicts, juries reduced the charges against many convicted defendants. Through the mechanisms of benefit of clergy and pardons many more defendants found guilty of a capital offence were spared the death penalty and sentenced instead to punishments such as branding, transportation, or imprisonment. Many received no punishment at all.

As a result, as documented on the Digital Panopticon website, less than a fifth of convicts sentenced to death were actually executed.

In making the decisions that determined whether a defendant was killed or released regardless of guilt, consideration was given to the defendant's character, the nature of the offence, the strength of the evidence against him or her, the state of crime at the time (a higher proportion were actually hanged if the court thought a ‘crime wave’ was in process), and, occasionally, the status of those who petitioned on the defendant’s behalf.

https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/static/Punishment.jsp#mitigating

In the case of my paternal ancestor, he was sentenced to death for highway robbery. The death sentence was respited because of his youth, and he was instead transported to Australia as a punishment.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Glimm posted:

I am now redpilled after checking out this channel

Elon is good now

gently caress i didn't check the channel, sorry. i have adblock on by default but this was the best clip of the interview

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Naomi Wolf posts consistent bangers.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

and he was instead transported to Australia as a punishment. reward for being awesome for the UK. :colbert:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

keep punching joe posted:

they're called earth wind and fire and theyre from chicago but otherwise what's the problem

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

FirstnameLastname posted:

they're called earth wind and fire and theyre from chicago but otherwise what's the problem

The 1970s were famously not a peaceful time for Belfast

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this good for Number?

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1605522221270712322

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

And he’s hanging out with her while he looks like he’s cosplaying as Zelenskyy.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

In the case of Naomi Wolf I can kind of see how she got herself into trouble. Back in the olden days in England the death penalty was proscribed for a lot of different crimes but in most cases it wasn't carried out:

If she was writing an essay or something that would be fair. But this was a doctoral thesis(the source of her Dr title) and a book. Eventually you would think a reasonable or studious person would realise something about the historical sources couldn't mean what they think it means and investigate.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

time for tesla to go hardcore

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://electrek.co/2022/12/21/tesla-tsla-hiring-freeze-layoffs/

Tesla (TSLA) to implement hiring freeze and new round of layoffs
Fred Lambert
| Dec 21 2022 - 3:13 am PT

Tesla (TSLA) has told employees that it is implementing a hiring freeze and confirmed that another wave of layoffs is coming next quarter, according to a source familiar with the matter.

In June, Elon Musk asked Tesla executives to “pause all hiring” and cut 10% of staff.

The CEO has given different reasons to different people for the layoffs, including that he has a “very bad feeling” about the economy.

Tesla has been growing fast over the years, and that often results in hiring inefficiencies that eventually lead to rounds of layoffs like this one.

The “hiring pause” was more worrisome as Tesla has several programs growing fast, and it needs to hire thousands of people at new factories in the US and Germany.

However, Tesla quickly reversed the hiring pause and started growing its hiring again during the second half of the year.

Now Electrek has learned that Tesla is implementing a new hiring freeze and plans further layoffs, according to a reliable source familiar with the matter.

Tesla has communicated to some employees that it is stopping hiring for now. On top of the hiring freeze, Tesla also said that teams will be expected to make layoffs during the first quarter of 2023.

It’s not clear how extensive the hiring freeze will be as Tesla is still planning to expand in some manufacturing locations. No further details were made available at this time.

The moves come as Tesla’s stock has been falling all year despite the company’s financials hitting new records virtually every quarter.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Is that the RW troll who handcuffed herself to (one) door of Twitters NY HQ after she was banned?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

kilus aof posted:

If she was writing an essay or something that would be fair. But this was a doctoral thesis(the source of her Dr title) and a book. Eventually you would think a reasonable or studious person would realise something about the historical sources couldn't mean what they think it means and investigate.

she could have googled "death recorded".

OR

She could have clicked the link under "Digital Panopticon"

then she would have seen this:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
No , but there is a passing resemblance

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

holy shitballs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Is that the RW troll who handcuffed herself to (one) door of Twitters NY HQ after she was banned?

I'm not the only one that saw the resemblance to Laura Loomer

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Yvonmukluk posted:

And he’s hanging out with her while he looks like he’s cosplaying as Zelenskyy.

it looks like a paper mache ninja turtle shell put on backwards

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Daztek posted:

time for tesla to go hardcore

About time :colbert:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/static/Punishment.jsp#mitigating

In the case of my paternal ancestor, he was sentenced to death for highway robbery. The death sentence was respited because of his youth, and he was instead transported to Australia as a punishment.

she got into trouble because she's one of the stupidest people on the planet, hth

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDR1Zuotyc

Elon by Friday

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

The goblin or the skeleton?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Is Stephen King a good author?

He's the most author.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Convex posted:

another twitter user several years into the 'im not owned' death spiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRCcEoGWxs

Why did they stop there? I wanted to hear what the hell she was gonna say to respond to that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

fire thousands of workers, give the absentee boss $50 billion, :capitalism:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Number's gonna be fun to watch today

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Data Graham posted:

Number's gonna be fun to watch today

Number loves firing workers.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

A new day filled with opportunities for Elon to publicly poo poo himself and pretend it a 5D chess move (by responding to a Twitter post with laughing emojis)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She looks like Olivia Munn accidentally took a potion to turn herself into Laura Loomer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

kazil posted:

fire thousands of workers, give the absentee boss $50 billion, :capitalism:

Replies are excited at how the cost reductions will boost the share value. Why don’t companies just lay off all their employees to reap these amazing benefits!!??

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

kilus aof posted:

Don't forget this was her PhD from loving Oxford. Just lmao that she was still awarded a degree.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Amazing quote. Maybe I'm damaged from growing up in the 80s and 90s, but she posted five adjectives at the end of the tweet and not a single one of them fits my perception of Belfast.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So tesla is still way behind on their car manufacturing targets right?

Hmm, not sure if firing workers will help with that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think we often see people vulture capitalist thier own company.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

goatface posted:

I don't think we often see people vulture capitalist thier own company.

You seem to be forgetting that Elon is a genius!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Can't someone revoke her degree? Her losing the MD might be the worst thing that can ever happen to someone like het.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
PhD, not MD. She's a poo poo historian, not a poo poo physician.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Tiny Timbs posted:

Replies are excited at how the cost reductions will boost the share value. Why don’t companies just lay off all their employees to reap these amazing benefits!!??

Interesting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Boss makes a dollar, i make a dime, that’s why I’m gay and do crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I sense a budding nussy