Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I was wrong Milan Lucic was good and makes Huberdeau unstoppable and of course this has nothing to do with the fact they were playing an AHL team with Timo Meier too no siree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I will definitely be bummed if the goddamn Penguins pass the Devils soon. Devils gotta best Florida tonight and then try to split with Boston imo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Auston Matthews is committing an aesthetic crime on the ice tonight.

https://twitter.com/BarDown/status/1605376890159902720?s=20&t=3wDx3oz2MhzljVPqw0-t0w

These are terrific. I wish more players would personalize their equipment.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If the Sabres continue to get good goaltending they will be competing for a playoff spot, but it’ll probably be a wildcard so the Metro is only allowed to send 4 teams, sorry. Maybe the Devils will crash and burn? The Islanders? The Rangers? Who knows at this point.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

which member of SAS is getting banned first from MSG using facial recognition?
Pretty easy to evade with Oakleys

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

I’d be ok with banning everyone that wears Oakleys.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Last night was the first Rangers loss in weeks that didn't make me mad. Just bad luck and questionable reffing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Paracaidas posted:

No he's also banned from MSG

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Hand Knit posted:

No he's also banned from MSG
:tipshat:

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

which member of SAS is getting banned first from MSG using facial recognition?
I was the game against the leafs last Thursday and did not get the boot. Better luck next time

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If the Sabres continue to get good goaltending they will be competing for a playoff spot, but it’ll probably be a wildcard so the Metro is only allowed to send 4 teams, sorry. Maybe the Devils will crash and burn? The Islanders? The Rangers? Who knows at this point.

Winning 4 straight and with a +18 goal differential, they make a pretty good case. They definitely have upside than the other bubble teams.

Caps are definitely right in the mix and if the playoffs were at the end of January, I think they'd edge the Isles for the 8th spot. There's enough season left that there's likely to be another momentum swing or two though. If they get in, I think it's just because their remaining strength of schedule is is much easier than the Islanders/Sabres/Panthers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Isles are fraudulent and will fall out to be replaced by the Caps. Those are your 8 eastern teams. Order however you see fit.

Pens/Rags was a continuation of their playoff series. Pens slightly better 5v5 and the Rangers incredibly dangerous in situations and the powerplay. Pittsburgh fortunate to get the full 2 points without OT.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Chad Sexington posted:

Winning 4 straight and with a +18 goal differential, they make a pretty good case. They definitely have upside than the other bubble teams.

Caps are definitely right in the mix and if the playoffs were at the end of January, I think they'd edge the Isles for the 8th spot. There's enough season left that there's likely to be another momentum swing or two though. If they get in, I think it's just because their remaining strength of schedule is is much easier than the Islanders/Sabres/Panthers.

The Sabres play Tampa on Friday (unless it gets delayed due to the weather) and then play them again this season, plus Toronto twice and Boston three more times, which sucks! They have three more games against Florida but they are inconsistent so who knows.

They actually haven’t played Washington or either NY team yet, so they do have a good shot and gaining ground if they are able to win most of those games! They also play Carolina, NJ and Columbus two more times each.

That 8-game losing streak screwed them, they’ve gone 9-3-2 since then and are #1 in goals scored with the #2 PP. I’m cautiously optimistic that they will break the curse this season.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Sabres play Tampa on Friday (unless it gets delayed due to the weather) and then play them again this season, plus Toronto twice and Boston three more times, which sucks! They have three more games against Florida but they are inconsistent so who knows.

They actually haven’t played Washington or either NY team yet, so they do have a good shot and gaining ground if they are able to win most of those games! They also play Carolina, NJ and Columbus two more times each.

That 8-game losing streak screwed them, they’ve gone 9-3-2 since then and are #1 in goals scored with the #2 PP. I’m cautiously optimistic that they will break the curse this season.
The Sabres need a Samuelsson clone.

13-4-2 with him in the lineup

3-10 without him in the lineup.

Is Gavrikov still good? Looks like his numbers have dipped this season, but I assume that's because he's more of a #4 guy being forced into a #1 role due to all of the injuries?

Feel like he'd be more affordable to acquire via trade and his extension would be reasonable compared to Chychrun.

Lots of smoke the Sabres are interested in Chychrun due to his personal connection with the Pegula family. Which makes it all the weirder we drafted Alex Nylander over him in the first place.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Buffalo is in a very similar situation as Seattle in that they are converting at a rate which could be considered unsustainable. Unlike Seattle, though, Buffalo is competing with 3 other extremely good teams in their division and also the Paul Maurice led Panthers. To top that off they are against another set of very capable teams in the Metro. Any regression in the shooting for Buffalo and they are sunk. Even without regression they're still unlikely to make it as the WC2 unless there is an improvement with the suppression side of their game.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Buffalo is definitely an interesting team to watch, they're super fun for the first time in a very long time. I don't think they will finish the season #1 in goals but they'll probably be top 8ish and that is really good. I personally don't think they're complete enough in net and on defense to make the playoffs in a bloodbath of a conference, but I could see them hitting 90 points and missing.

Islanders I also think are frauds. Their roster kind of sucks and so do their metrics. Sorokin has single-handedly won them several games. I think the Islanders are around a 90-point team as well with an elite goalie like him.

I won't count Washington out and think they have the best chance at taking that last spot -- they are better than Florida and better than the Islanders.

Speaking of Florida, considering the next opponents are Boston twice and then Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and then Carolina again, this is kind of a must-win game for them. They need a win to regain their swagger and finishing, otherwise you're looking at a very prolonged streak.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Is Gavrikov still good? Looks like his numbers have dipped this season, but I assume that's because he's more of a #4 guy being forced into a #1 role due to all of the injuries?

A certain Rangers podcaster who called the Trouba move almost 2 years before it happened thinks they should trade for Gavrikov this year, and I’m not against it. Everyone’s harping on Kane but they really do need help on defense.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Isles are fraudulent and will fall out to be replaced by the Caps. Those are your 8 eastern teams. Order however you see fit.

Pens/Rags was a continuation of their playoff series. Pens slightly better 5v5 and the Rangers incredibly dangerous in situations and the powerplay. Pittsburgh fortunate to get the full 2 points without OT.

At least with an actual good goalie in net the Pens have a chance to come out on the right side of those games against the Rangers. Last night really could have gone either way though. Two good teams doing good team things.

Personally I thought the Rangers could have/should have put that game away in the second. They had a long stretch where they were carrying play 5v5 but couldn't convert. That was the game for them really.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1605579729095966721?s=46&t=dupbYY6QLTx6Plekqdn98g

4 more years of ZUB

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1605644685795594264?s=46&t=6cFsXdDNPFVO9vPhuGmJdQ

Everyone go complain about ?AS

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

There’s only one true winner here and it’s not close

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Gerblederp posted:

People that complain about Kasperi Kapanen?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/NathanGraviteh/status/1605395108043624449?s=20&t=gjvhNhEprsLAGavR0wileA

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

This year the east is at least interesting if nothing else. I could swear the 8 playoff spots were locked up by Christmas time last year.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

These are terrific. I wish more players would personalize their equipment.

What do you mean, they're allowed to write whatever they want on the top 5" of stick tape on their sticks.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Gerblederp posted:

I know the answer is supposed to be the Leafs but as someone who grew up in Jersey and who lives in D.C. now, historically New York fans are usually the most annoying to actually interact with because they think they know everything.

Maybe the answers are affected by how online you are? I don't go to games anymore with COVID and I mostly only interact with hockey fans here. So for questions like "which fanbase do you think is the most delusional about their team" it's like... none? Leafs fans seem to know they're cursed. Boston sports fans are generally annoying too but their team is actually really good this year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Chad Sexington posted:

Maybe the answers are affected by how online you are?

This is exactly it. I told someone I was cheering for Colorado to win last season, and they said their fans are so annoying. It seems their issues stem from a few people they follow getting really annoying when Colorado wins.

I am of the opinion that the issue is not the fandom of a particular team. People only hate fans of teams when it is a bigger fanbase, so it feels like a fanbase is annoying because there's just more of them. But, the real issue is fandom in general, which makes people act in strange ways.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/1605578392992190467?s=20&t=X9N2uW8IdClZIA8Otg4FIw
Seems bad!
i have no idea why lalonde is sticking with this

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
nearly all NHL fanbases are fine, except for Blues fans who are deranged

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Given that they turned over almost all of their coaching staff and a good chunk of their roster, it's kind of remarkable how much this year's Red Wings team looks like last year's. Just looking at the raw numbers, the only thing that's really changed is that their powerplay has improved from worst in the league to below average.

And about this time last year was when their cheaply-acquired starting goalie who had put up good numbers in a small sample fell off a cliff...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Dick Cheney for president. Of the fuckin universe.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Matt Zerella posted:

Is there some context I'm missing here, or

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there some context I'm missing here, or

Oh goddammit I thought I was in the Sopranos thread. Sorry folks.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Matt Zerella posted:

Oh goddammit I thought I was in the Sopranos thread. Sorry folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXAzAgb4pA

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kulak-Barrie: ELITE

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Matt Zerella posted:

New thread title please

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

tinstaach posted:

Given that they turned over almost all of their coaching staff and a good chunk of their roster, it's kind of remarkable how much this year's Red Wings team looks like last year's. Just looking at the raw numbers, the only thing that's really changed is that their powerplay has improved from worst in the league to below average.

And about this time last year was when their cheaply-acquired starting goalie who had put up good numbers in a small sample fell off a cliff...

its extremely depressing. they have had a ton of injuries (plus vrana opting into player assistance) but boy it sure seems like they're going to be a bottom part of the mushy middle for some time

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
also Lucas Raymond sucks now thanks for ruining my fantasy teams jerk

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

disregard all that, none of it matters anymore, jeff blashill get owned tour 2k22

go to hell analyticsailures, I only care about that dawg score

https://twitter.com/m_bultman/status/1605750695977635840

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Chad Sexington posted:

I know the answer is supposed to be the Leafs but as someone who grew up in Jersey and who lives in D.C. now, historically New York fans are usually the most annoying to actually interact with because they think they know everything.

Matt Zerella posted:

No further comment at this time.