Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Unlocked four caches and snagged Ultron!

Then I overshot a bit making my Magneto extra shiny and wound up with a fifth cache. It had Destroyer!!! :hellyeah:

I don’t really have the pieces to make Ultron work yet but Destroyer I can play right away. It even plays nice with a lot of my favorite control cards like Cosmo, Armor and Professor X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oooo, I got a Brood as my first card in the Collector's Shop. I can play a good-ish deck now!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Thank you Sunspot bundle!
Between the collector tokens from that, and the ones I unlocked from caches, I was able to get She Hulk out of the token shop, AND unlocked some other cards I to boot.

Also realized I didn't have Attuma before like I thought I did apparently. But hey, finally unlocked Colleen Wing and Black Widow at long last.

Edit: Well here's a fun fact about the new location I just learned for the low low cost of 8 cubes: Aero dragging an opponent's card to it doesn't trigger the kill ability.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 21, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Studio posted:

?? How do you get Angel in your deck? Shuffle effect?

I'm... confused. I'm talking about this card: https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/angel/ which is just... kinda it's whole "thing"?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'm... confused. I'm talking about this card: https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/angel/ which is just... kinda it's whole "thing"?

Angel also has a hidden Quicksilver ability.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Drinkslinger posted:

I like this, but I had to switch Sinister out for Scarlet Witch, since the former wasn't really doing much of anything.

Nice, I'll try that too. I use Sinister to fill lanes for Wolfsbane, and sometimes with Forge if I don't get Brood, but Scarlet Witch would be more useful.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the_steve posted:

Edit: Well here's a fun fact about the new location I just learned for the low low cost of 8 cubes: Aero dragging an opponent's card to it doesn't trigger the kill ability.

Same goes for Death's Domain. The card may have been revealed there, but it wasn't played there.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Also if you play a Goblin there as not your first card, but the opponent hasn't played there yet, it does get destroyed. Which is some bullshit imho.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

BGrifter posted:

Angel also has a hidden Quicksilver ability.

He for sure does not. Not guaranteed to start in your opening hand, not even guaranteed to draw him on turn 1. Not sure how without those two things he would even affect your curve if that's what you mean.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

lukevictorious posted:

He for sure does not. Not guaranteed to start in your opening hand, not even guaranteed to draw him on turn 1. Not sure how without those two things he would even affect your curve if that's what you mean.

It's a meme. Putting Angel or M'Baku in your deck all but guarantees that you'll draw them on turn 1.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

Jedit posted:

It's a meme. Putting Angel or M'Baku in your deck all but guarantees that you'll draw them on turn 1.

:thejoke:

Woosh on me I guess, never use Angel(which seems like the right call), and just spent some cubes to see what they meant.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Vormir is awesome for Galactus btw. You can drop Electro in there (or Wave), and a lot of opponents don't play on it very quickly, so it's often an open lane for Galactus. And then when the opponent wants to react their first card is destroyed, it's great.

Just need to be careful not to drop a Goblin in there as their first card because it will get destroyed.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

man I'm never getting Aero in my shop :sigh:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got Aero in the shop twice but I don't want her.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I feel like I'm so deep into pool 3 now, only missing a few cards (I really want Death and Spider-Man), but apparently I still have 27 more to go, jeez.

And never mind pool 4 and 5.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

how do you know how many cards you have left in a pool?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Artelier posted:

how do you know how many cards you have left in a pool?
I have a spreadsheet. Snap.fan has some tools you can download/link your account to to track stuff more easily.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BGrifter posted:

Unlocked four caches and snagged Ultron!

Then I overshot a bit making my Magneto extra shiny and wound up with a fifth cache. It had Destroyer!!! :hellyeah:

I don’t really have the pieces to make Ultron work yet but Destroyer I can play right away. It even plays nice with a lot of my favorite control cards like Cosmo, Armor and Professor X.
I have had a lot of luck using a KaZoo deck with Ultron being the Turn 6 card

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
Weird interaction that does not make sense: Kingpin's effect moves with him, rather than being applied to the lane (unlike say Cloak, or any other lane based effects that I've noticed). So my opponent played Kingpin, then Cloak, then moved Kingpin to the cloak spot and Aero'd my board to that space which destroyed them all.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

There is nothing in this game more satisfying than my opponent snap retreating the moment Cosmo flips.

Sick zem comrade.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Well hey there. Would have preferred Knull or Sentry but could have been worse. Has obvious utility with Kiev/Rockslide etc and seems fairly limited utility that I wouldn't bother building a deck around. Could be good and punch above his weight on certain features locations though.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 21, 2022

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Wouldn’t it be anti-synergy with Maximus? The only synergy I can see is with stuff like Korg or Rockslide.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Tekopo posted:

Wouldn’t it be anti-synergy with Maximus? The only synergy I can see is with stuff like Korg or Rockslide.

Yeah just realised I misread hand and deck.

Edit: Also just encountered a pretty aggravating t3 wave, t4 Leader, t5 whatever, t6 Odin onto Leader deck.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 21, 2022

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I can only see him in a mr negative deck. you normally have 2 or 3 cards at the end of you dont draw extra right? A one cost eight or ten powers not bad.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Opponents deck, though, so a bit out of your hands, but yeah would be nice in mr negative.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Black Widow also synergises by guaranteeing that your opponent draws one less card. He's very niche, although you'll see him a lot when Vibranium Mines are the hot location.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wow, Killmonger really puts a damper on Kazoo decks..

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Thoughts on this deck I’m currently tuning? Game plan is:

Lock down one lane with Attuna+X, win the other with destroyer if behind, leader if ahead (bonus if you can activate Bucky with destroyer). Use sandman if you feel a combo deck coming.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Attuma
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Leader
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXR0dW1hIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlc3Ryb3llciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 21, 2022

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Whoo, just got hit by a Galactus/Knull combo, from someone using the new paid Sunspot avatar. Love this game.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Anyone not get the 1000 credits and variant after they won the award? Not gone into my account though I got an email from them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Desdinova posted:

Anyone not get the 1000 credits and variant after they won the award? Not gone into my account though I got an email from them.

You have to claim them from your inbox.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Desdinova posted:

Doesnt work on steam, have to link a phone. Yes its crazy.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I could might see using Crystal at 2-3 cost. No idea what you’re playing this in if you want to shuffle at 4. Desperation hela?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

the_american_dream posted:

I could might see using Crystal at 2-3 cost. No idea what you’re playing this in if you want to shuffle at 4. Desperation hela?

Maybe with Lockhaw for when you have all your high cost cards in hand and all your junk in deck?

Also really any deck built around 1 card that you’ve really got to draw, like Galactus decks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Is Vormir really slow to resolve for anyone else? It takes a huge time every time for it to resolve, especially for Bucky.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
Finally realized I should check the regular gaming forum instead of the Mobile Gaming sub-forum.

*one week later*

Turns out goons do play SNAP.

I mostly came here to say gently caress Leader and no, I'm not smart enough to play around it so don't ask.

CL 730 and no stopping in sight. :patriot:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pulled the abomination winter variant and lol

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 21, 2022

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm not as down on the game as I was last week, but I think a major problem I'm running into is that I don't like the snap mechanic. It's neat in theory, but in practice it means you're punished for making close butt-clenching plays and rewarded for playing super boring and conservatively. I totally understand that's the appeal of the poker-like mechanic, and it's a personal preference thing, but it just leads to a lot of unsatisfying play for me. The appeal of the short matches is diluted for me because in half of them the smart move is to just retreat even if you're not really doing that badly and in a traditional CCG it would be worth playing the match out. Like I'll be playing for 20-30 minutes, and get maybe one or two satisfying matches amidst a bunch where either my opponent or myself retreats before anything interesting happens. I find myself losing cubes just because I want to see these matches play out instead of bailing on turn 4 or whatever.

And I hear you, "Just don't pay attention to cubes or rank," but that's hard to do when it's literally the only measure of competitive progress and it informs how your opponents approach every play as well, if you're going to just ignore that completely, you might as well just be looking at JPEGs of the cards and making the little animation noises with your mouth.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

Wow, Killmonger really puts a damper on Kazoo decks..

Yeah, Kazoo is fun, but Armor (and probably Cosmo) are drat near mandatory for it just to protect your little 'uns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Retreating is only worth it when you are 75% to lose. If your opponent snaps on turn 6 retreating is worth it when you have ~63% odds to lose. The optimal way to play the mechanic is that close games happen and you just get out of non-close games. This game just does not work with you taking full losses for sakaar pulling your surfer and your opponent's doom.

Tender Bender posted:

And I hear you, "Just don't pay attention to cubes or rank," but that's hard to do when it's literally the only measure of competitive progress and it informs how your opponents approach every play as well, if you're going to just ignore that completely, you might as well just be looking at JPEGs of the cards and making the little animation noises with your mouth.
This is also just completely wrong, so idk what to say you're just some kind of sweatlord.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 21, 2022