Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
You ever log in and see 100+ posts in this thread and think "Huh? I hope something really batshit happened and it's not just a slap fight."

This is a good morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If the Giants are looking for a SS, Paul Dejong is ready, willing, and able to field the position

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean yeah but they still don’t have enough pitching

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If I were the San Francisco Giants, I would simply sign - to a contract - one of the generationally talented players I have been rumored to be in pursuit of, and indeed have announced a pending contract with.

I have no idea about the SF FO so - wtf is goin on

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so the Mets are currently looking like:

CF Nimmo
RF Marte
SS Lindor
3B Correa
1B Alonso
DH Alvárez
2B McNeil
LF Canha
C McCann/Narvaez

Verlander
Scherzer
Quintana
Senga
Carrasco/Peterson/Megill

and a bullpen anchored by Díaz, Robertson and Ottavino

that looks like a seriously stacked team

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Nodoze posted:

deGrom must be super cooked if the Mets just willingly let him walk despite throwing money around like a drunken sailor

MAGA Jake hated it here. He wants to not get vaccinated and drive his pickup. Texas is heaven for him. He was never staying.

McCann will be dealt for a bag of resin and some pine tar. He won’t be on the team opening day.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

so the Mets are currently looking like:

CF Nimmo
RF Marte
SS Lindor
3B Correa
1B Alonso
DH Alvárez
2B McNeil
LF Canha
C McCann/Narvaez

Verlander
Scherzer
Quintana
Senga
Carrasco/Peterson/Megill

and a bullpen anchored by Díaz, Robertson and Ottavino

that looks like a seriously stacked team

I would throw Vogelbach as DH but yes they are the no doubt favorites in the NL

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

ADD UP THE WAR’s!!!!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

congrats for the second year in a row of the Mets winning the NL the year prior to the season starting

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/status/1605546384467275776

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/status/1605551036671762433

Cohen is an absolute madlad, lmao. Just completely clowning on the spending smokescreen the owners have carefully collided to throw up for years now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Paul Zuvella posted:

friendly reminder to all the baseball people who dont watch basketball, this is what the entire NBA offseason is like.

Never forget the DeAndre Jordan saga

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

would be funny if the Mets lose to an 84 game winning wildcard team in the NLDS.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also once again we have proof that despite all his weird idiosyncrasies, Boras is the absolute loving best in the business.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Inspector_666 posted:

This Correa thing is the most insane baseball thing that's happened in my life I'm pretty sure. Did SF really try to back out over some minor issue or did the Mets just buy a lit stick of dynamite?

https://twitter.com/SchimmelAmelia/status/1605479830576721920

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao
https://twitter.com/DKanner10/status/1605590769938550785?s=20&t=nrspp0RPzAXcO5iIc8hWKw

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FlamingLiberal posted:

Their hitting was the real problem last year. Other than Ohtani and Trout they had nobody. The other person to be excited about thats not on this list is O'Hoppe who is projected to be the starting catcher over Stassi with Suzuki retiring.

Pitching wise they were in the top 10 in starting pitching and had an average bullpen. I'd have loved them to add another starter somehow, right now its Ohtani and a bunch of Other Guys. The current depth chart is not showing Tyler Anderson but that still doesn't seem great.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Mets look so good on paper until their two old pitchers go on the IL. I think they're trying to take advantage of playing in a pitcher park for the most part but really I appreciate a team actually trying to win. The Padres/Dodgers/Mets spend like everybody can and should.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I've been listening to SF sports radio all morning. I highly recommend it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

started laughing at about 30 seconds in and did not stop

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Good Dog posted:

Their hitting was the real problem last year. Other than Ohtani and Trout they had nobody. The other person to be excited about thats not on this list is O'Hoppe who is projected to be the starting catcher over Stassi with Suzuki retiring.

Pitching wise they were in the top 10 in starting pitching and had an average bullpen. I'd have loved them to add another starter somehow, right now its Ohtani and a bunch of Other Guys. The current depth chart is not showing Tyler Anderson but that still doesn't seem great.

If Rendon is healthy, Ward continues to play like he did, and Fletcher plays more, they'd be a formidable offense.

But I don't think any of those things will happen, and Drury will probably regress. O'Hoppe should be good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this rules

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

FlamingLiberal posted:

please allow me to be happy with my team for 10 minutes

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Absolutely tremendous content, sleeper agent Farhan delivers!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Youah honoah I am a simple country lawyer but if this deal don't stink like two week old catfish. Whyuh, Steve Cohen hain't tweeted ahtall and he only liked a tweet but once

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:discourse:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alright place your markers: How does the 2023 season end for the New York Mets?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

Absolutely tremendous content, sleeper agent Farhan delivers!

Man Giants fans were so excited to see Correa whoop up on the Dodgers for a decade while you rained down boos. What a shame...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

lol this is good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

Man Giants fans were so excited to see Correa whoop up on the Dodgers for a decade while you rained down boos. What a shame...

Do you think he gets booed louder in LA or SF this year?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zoux posted:

Alright place your markers: How does the 2023 season end for the New York Mets?

correa hits five home runs but they lose the world series to the astros in a four game sweep

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Do you think he gets booed louder in LA or SF this year?

why would giants fan boo him, this is all the giants' fault, he did nothing wrong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

why would giants fan boo him, this is all the giants' fault, he did nothing wrong.

when has logic ever stopped fans

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/susanslusser/status/1605606867467526144

If accurate, sounds like the Giants got cold feet

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay but seriously what the gently caress is the Yankees excuse? You're literally the most valuable sports franchise in the world and you let your little brother run circles around your payroll?!

It's an absolute joke and a facade.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kirios posted:

Okay but seriously what the gently caress is the Yankees excuse? You're literally the most valuable sports franchise in the world and you let your little brother run circles around your payroll?!

It's an absolute joke and a facade.

I assume they didn't have a standing offer in on him like the Mets seemingly did?

I'm still more baffled by the Giants FO here than anything else.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 21, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wow, prescient move by the Chicago FO to not take on a player who will break at any given moment irreparably

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

I assume they didn't have a standing offer in on him like the Mets seemingly did?

I'm still more baffled by the Giants Fo here than anything else.

It's not this specifically. It's more that Cohan is showing how much of a joke the luxury tax really is. The Yankees could easily spend 400m on payroll. It would be a rounding error to Hal.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bees x1000 posted:

please allow me to be happy with my team for 10 minutes
Never

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's this going to mean for batsy, scoots, pingo, and chalksy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kirios posted:

It's not this specifically. It's more that Cohan is showing how much of a joke the luxury tax really is. The Yankees could easily spend 400m on payroll. It would be a rounding error to Hal.

Oh, yeah. I dunno, I'd be angrier if they didn't sign Rodon.